PDA

View Full Version : Server is up!!

pilok
02-18-2011, 03:24 PM
And nothing is working :(

Can't do anything, no scaveging, equipping the fishing pole, not even my chat seems to be working.

I'm not really surprised tho :)

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 03:35 PM
server keeps crashing... how could they not have upgraded the servers for live? fail tbh (sigh)

DeVelyvion
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
You know what, any one who says this fails needs to take a look at most mmo launches and tell me this has not happened to even triple A titles.

shukes
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Lets give them a chance guys...remember everyone is trying to log at the same time.
Cant say it's unusual for a release :)

otomotopia
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I can't blame them. 636 users on the FORUM. That's probably 1K+ in game.

zettoz
I don't think they ever got a good stress test of over a thousand people trying to log in at once.

galagah
The server crashes i can handle .... it was to be expected tbh . What i do find odd is this quote from one of the guides :-

Hello

The lag is our bandwidth limit that will be increased as soon as we move to a new location.

Now , they new exactly how many pre-ordered the game , yet they don't have sufficient bandwidth to allow lagfree gameplay..............

SOFWarrior
02-18-2011, 03:40 PM
And..... it's still down.

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 03:41 PM
i paid $40, if i want to say fail, i say fail. they should have EXPECTED THIS. tired of fail launches.... seriously... they are being cheap not providing decent servers at launch. All I am saying... i have my job, this is theirs... should have expected it and acted accordingly... just wasting our time... but meh... at least i have beer haha.

at least 6 crashes already

apparently when someone drops a totem the server crashes instantly....

miyagi
02-18-2011, 03:42 PM
A little lag is acceptable for 1 week. But you cant do anything in game now. I hope this situation will change before next week moving of the company lol

ifireallymust
02-18-2011, 03:43 PM
I got a totem placed, anyway. Time to log out for a bit and hope it's still there when I come back like it's supposed to be. That will give everyone else who didn't get one down before the lag/crash/server go poof hit to place theirs. Besides, I can't so much as pick up a blade of grass!

shukes
02-18-2011, 03:44 PM
i paid $40, if i want to say fail, i say fail. they should have EXPECTED THIS. tired of fail launches.... seriously... they are being cheap not providing decent servers at launch. All I am saying... i have my job, this is theres... should have expected it and acted accordingly... just wasting our time... but meh... at least i have beer haha.

whos to say they didnt expect it friend? it could simply be they expected stress but came across something else for all we know.

Heck if even blizzard and soe have trouble then we have to give them a break lol!

miyagi
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Guys we are PREORDERS, otherwise known as TESTING DUMMIES !
We are the stress test for the server lol

hammrain
02-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Umm, this is a new game. Frankly you will be beta testing for the next 2 months, at which time the 40 dollars you spent to test their game will have run out, and they will want some monthly lovin from your green, and at that time if the game is not up to your snuff. don't sub.

Until then your playing a BETA build. Accept the truth, and look ahead to what may be.

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM
testing stopped when BETA was over... period. That was their choice to go live... i am just taking advantage of my right to play the game as is everyone else for the $ they paid. Obviously nothing can be done about it, i get that, but i am just saying... that they could have anticipated, no, should have anticipated and acted accordingly... or been upfront and delayed launch... why force launch?

BigCountry
02-18-2011, 04:02 PM
It's expected.

Take it as a good sign.

I want to play this game on one server with hundreds of players, not dozens.
:D

Drink some beer and work thru it.
:D

If you played Shadowbane, this is nothing.
lol

SOFWarrior
02-18-2011, 04:05 PM
testing stopped when BETA was over... period. That was their choice to go live... i am just taking advantage of my right to play the game as is everyone else for the $ they paid. Obviously nothing can be done about it, i get that, but i am just saying... that they could have anticipated, no, should have anticipated and acted accordingly... or been upfront and delayed launch... why force launch?

This is par for the course with some MMO launches, especially small indie ones. I understand and agree with what you're saying to a point - they weren't prepared.

But, unfortunately, I think this was pretty much expected.

Ashfield212
02-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Wondered how long it would take for the narrow minded, impatient imbeciles to make themselves heard.

river111
02-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes there is some lag, but that is not the problem here. They have a bug on placement of the totem on some people. There is some dumbass on the chat in game saying he has planted his totem 15 times now and every time he does the server crashes. So what does this dumbass do? He keeps planting his totem. Really?? Someone needs to slap whoever this is. If you know you have a bug, dont keep doing it cause you think its fuckin funny. Get a Guide in game and tell them about it, and if they want you to show them then do it, but please stop doing it until you have them around.

And come on guys, just because there are a couple dumbasses here pulling thier finger and smelling up the place, dont be hating on NG for it. Yes they have a bug, but that in way way means these couple of people have to make it this bad. You want someone to hate on, find the ones placing thier known broken totem every 2 minutes and laughing cause they intentionally crashed the server again.

Raktus
02-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Sadist and Georgewashington keep placing multiple totems, clearly causing a bug which might crash the server.

Gandhi
02-18-2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdg3Ea9rEGo

Bisjul
02-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Everyone dance a jolly jig.

Pyotroosh
02-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Get up and Down and Up and Down! :D

and its 1.11 am at my place

.. still cant wait ;)

Hooflung
02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
It's funny to see the real noobs crying on the forums within the first hour of server launch. Name one, just one, MMO that had a hiccup free launch? I bet even the new ones that some of these whiners pretend are perfect will hose up at launch too. "I spent my $40 for perfection!!! Beta is over" LoL. Get a grip young one, this is how it goes. Relax, have another Monster, and keep checking back.

MMO's are never out of beta, they are always a work in progress....

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Wondered how long it would take for the narrow minded, impatient imbeciles to make themselves heard.

me too... and there you are.... thanks for identifying yourself

SOFWarrior
02-18-2011, 04:17 PM

As normal, just a few seconds before the excuse-making ankle-grabbers arrive on the scene to defend The Precious.

Seriously, I don't think anyone was going overboard here. In case you haven't noticed, the server actually is going up and down faster than a $10 hooker. Thinking that people won't or shouldn't complain is pretty puerile.

pilok
Name one, just one, MMO that had a hiccup free launch? .

Lotro

Pyotroosh
http://images0.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/3753297/PATIENT-BE-YOU-MUST.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Advice-Yoda-Gives

pilok
Name one, just one, MMO that had a hiccup free launch? .

Lotro

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 04:18 PM
It's funny to see the real noobs crying on the forums within the first hour of server launch. Name one, just one, MMO that had a hiccup free launch? I bet even the new ones that some of these whiners pretend are perfect will hose up at launch too. "I spent my $40 for perfection!!! Beta is over" LoL. Get a grip young one, this is how it goes. Relax, have another Monster, and keep checking back.

no matter how much you complain about me complaining.. you are still complaining... and i am tired of people complaining about my right to complain. it is not my fault they couldnt afford a decent server for launch... and i am correct that the game is now out of beta... so if i want to say something i will and nothing you can say will stop me, or make me any less right. regardless, i do realize there is nothing that can be done.. they failed, and now we just have to deal with it. but dont tell me to stop... when you are complaining yourself. :p

galagah
02-18-2011, 04:23 PM

And the more that poeple keep on allowing it to happen wihout complaints , the more companies will put out buggier and buggier products .

Granted , servers crash , and it generally happens under load on a launch day if that was all it was , i wouldn't have a problem with it , but to not have enough bandwidth to allow those who have paid a relatively lag free gameplay is just ridiculous in my eyes .

Hooflung
02-18-2011, 04:25 PM
no matter how much you complain about me complaining.. you are still complaining... and i am tired of people complaining about my right to complain. it is not my fault they couldnt afford a decent server for launch... and i am correct that the game is now out of beta... so if i want to say something i will and nothing you can say will stop me, or make me any less right. regardless, i do realize there is nothing that can be done.. they failed, and now we just have to deal with it. but dont tell me to stop... when you are complaining yourself. :p

No, I was telling you to relax, stop complaining so much, so often. Your post history is just one giant complaint.

bruisie159
02-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I got a totem placed, anyway. Time to log out for a bit and hope it's still there when I come back like it's supposed to be. That will give everyone else who didn't get one down before the lag/crash/server go poof hit to place theirs. Besides, I can't so much as pick up a blade of grass!

dont count on it i got a totem placed too logged for an hour to let things cool down got back in and it had gone

orious13
02-18-2011, 04:27 PM

Complaining or not... yelling on the forums is childish...immature.

Thinking this launch would go by smoothly...naive.

If you've developed mmos before and have had a successful no problems launch, then you might be in the right, but until you wear the shoes you have no idea what the problem is. It might not even be the servers... maybe it's the tribe glitched that's ruining everything.

What you should be asking is "What is the problem?".

Hooflung
02-18-2011, 04:27 PM
And the more that poeple keep on allowing it to happen wihout complaints , the more companies will put out buggier and buggier products .

Oh, don't worry about the lack of complaints, human history shows that we complain a whole lot more then we praise.

Ashfield212
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
i do realize there is nothing that can be done.. they failed, and now we just have to deal with it. but dont tell me to stop... when you are complaining yourself. :p

How small minded are you? Do us all a favour, get a refund, and do one. It's prats like you that that are never happy, what ever the situation, you'll always find something to whine about. A quick glance at your post history confirms this. There's being critical, then there's taking the p**s - hazard a guess which category you fall under?

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 04:37 PM
How small minded are you? Do us all a favour, get a refund, and do one. It's prats like you that that are never happy, what ever the situation, you'll always find something to whine about. A quick glance at your post history confirms this. There's being critical, then there's taking the p**s - hazard a guess which category you fall under?

its amazing how many people here just don't understand when some of us spend money we want something to show for it... when companies go live when they shouldn't, and someone speaks up, there are always people like you who are happy to bend over and take it in the rear and with a smile on your face.

The devs made a great game... i dont disagree, what they failed in is releasing too early when they were not ready to handle the traffic / bandwidth.. why is this my fault? I am happy to wait until the game is ready.. 2 more weeks or a month.. but if the game is live.. you bet i am going to want to stake my claim with everyone else... and if i want to fault them for not being prepared.. then so be it.... you are complaining as well.

SOFWarrior
02-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Complaining or not... yelling on the forums is childish...immature.

Thinking this launch would go by smoothly...naive.

If you've developed mmos before and have had a successful no problems launch, then you might be in the right, but until you wear the shoes you have no idea what the problem is. It might not even be the servers... maybe it's the tribe glitched that's ruining everything.

What you should be asking is "What is the problem?".

Thinking that people wouldn't complain about a product not working... even more naive.

The customer need not be compassionate about the trials and tribulations of MMO design. They don't need to be able to program one themselves. The only requirement is that the customer pay for the service. If the service does not work, then complaints are completely and totally warranted.

With the poor way MMOs come out these days, one thing is certain - bending over and making excuses for the failures of a paid service doesn't seem to be working well for the consumer.

Risk
02-18-2011, 04:42 PM
its amazing how many people here just don't understand when some of us spend money we want something to show for it... when companies go live when they shouldn't, and someone speaks up, there are always people like you who are happy to bend over and take it in the rear and with a smile on your face.

The devs made a great game... i dont disagree, what they failed in is releasing too early when they were not ready to handle the traffic / bandwidth.. why is this my fault? I am happy to wait until the game is ready.. 2 more weeks or a month.. but if the game is live.. you bet i am going to want to stake my claim with everyone else... and if i want to fault them for not being prepared.. then so be it.... you are complaining as well.

Not yellin at ya...but technically this isnt Live...thats Mar 1st...were still in Beta, just after the Final Wipe...this is their server load test...plus we all get March free for pre-ordering

SOFWarrior
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Not yellin at ya...but technically this isnt Live...thats Mar 1st...were still in Beta, just after the Final Wipe...this is their server load test...plus we all get March free for pre-ordering

We get March and April I think - it was two months included, wasn't it?

Risk
02-18-2011, 04:44 PM
possibly havent check in like a year hehe

dragon26
02-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Hey Hooflung STFU! Your the type of dude who’s yells in the last 2 min of class "Um didn’t we have homework to turn in today teacher?" This is not acceptable. What they did not know we would all log on at the same time???? They just now understand that they need more bandwidth!!! I paid for this; as in I expect something in return. That’s not asking much and by paying for this means I have a right to bitch. I paid to have an early jump on others so if I don’t get it services were not rendered. Oh yea F Apache's.

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
We get March and April I think - it was two months included, wasn't it?

thanks for not yelling... i realize that... i am just saying that beta is indeed officially over... we are now in launch, albeit preorder only access.

Hooflung
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
With the poor way MMOs come out these days, one thing is certain - bending over and making excuses for the failures of a paid service doesn't seem to be working well for the consumer.

Was there some "Golden Age of MMO Releases" that I am not aware about where these masters of perfection had perfect execution?

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 04:47 PM
This is normal for MMO games, but I think that's our fault as consumers for being complacent and setting the precedent of letting game developers off the hook for not having all their ducks in a row prior to launch.

We want our new shiny so badly, we don't care if its been dipped into a port-o-potty after a week long chili cook-off. We take it, hold it to our faces and hope that eventually it gets cleaned.

The simple fact is that walking away or taking your business elsewhere does nothing: There are enough people willing to spread wide and take it all like Richard Simmons at a Bear convention to make up for you.

It sucks and there is nothing you can do about it unless the MMO gaming community as a whole man's up...which will never happen. Le sigh.

well said

Hooflung
02-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey Hooflung STFU! Your the type of dude who yells in the last 2 min of class "Um didn’t we have homework to turn in today teacher?"

Yes, Yes I am. I did my homework, I am not the lazy ass who doesn't do homework just to prove I'm edgy and cool, a rebel.

And no, I will not STFU.

pilok
02-18-2011, 04:54 PM
I'll try again tomorrow, i hope it's a bit better then.

Ashfield212
02-18-2011, 04:56 PM

I fail to understand your logic.

Basically you're telling me, because I'm patient, understanding and experienced in these small indie launches - I'm bending over, taking it in the rear and putting on a smile?

Hooflung
02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Tommybomb makes a very valid point.

Maybe making a race to setup player housing in the players choice area was not the best decision. Every player wants to download a patch, and get in game right at the very second of launch to make their tribes and set their totems. Yeah, that's server strain.

Realizing that and showing proper restraint while the problem is being worked on is called an educated consumer. Posting "omg tihs gaem sux hard, teh devs are nubz!!", 15 minutes after launch shows a hint of ignorance.

river111
02-18-2011, 05:03 PM
It really is simple, as soon as they ban Sadus and whoever else is intentially crashing the server from thier totem bug without even trying to work with the devs to correct it, then we will see some stability. But first, these asshats who think they are funny need to be shown the door. Oh and anyone else who thinks they are funny should go with them too. No place in any game for anyone who intentially tries to destroy the game.

SOFWarrior
02-18-2011, 05:04 PM

Basically you're telling me, because I'm patient, understanding and experienced in these small indie launches - I'm bending over, taking it in the rear and putting on a smile?

I'll put it this way - the saddest, most telling thing about this industry is that a paying customer would say "this should be expected."

Tehralph
02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Rofl chat has a 20 min delay now and when dualboxxing my characters are a good 10-20 feet off and move even when Im not moving them. One even pulled out his weps and started fighting a ghost.

ifireallymust
02-18-2011, 05:07 PM
dont count on it i got a totem placed too logged for an hour to let things cool down got back in and it had gone

Not too big a deal if it is. It wasn't my first choice of location by any means, it was just the spot I reached before the lag hit hard.

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 05:08 PM

if you cannot understand my logic, im guessing you work at mcdonalds. good luck at life bro.... i on the other hand work in corporate finance and i finance mcdonalds.. huge difference in comprehension ability... sorry to say.

orious13
02-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Thinking that people wouldn't complain about a product not working... even more naive.

The customer need not be compassionate about the trials and tribulations of MMO design. They don't need to be able to program one themselves. The only requirement is that the customer pay for the service. If the service does not work, then complaints are completely and totally warranted.

You are missing the point. Like I said. Stop yelling and speak exactly how tom spoke a little bit ago. He isn't flaming etc (nor are you), but it was criticism. I never said I didn't expect complaints nor that you shouldn't complain. You just can't assume you know what the problem is if you haven't done the task before. Naive...showing lack of experience. Having experience with the user side of launches tells me that this would happen. That's unfortunate, but that's how it is. I said "complaining or not" in my post. It was the matter of the complaint that shows immaturity not the complaint itself.

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Tommybomb makes a very valid point.

Maybe making a race to setup player housing in the players choice area was not the best decision. Every player wants to download a patch, and get in game right at the very second of launch to make their tribes and set their totems. Yeah, that's server strain.

Realizing that and showing proper restraint while the problem is being worked on is called an educated consumer. Posting "omg tihs gaem sux hard, teh devs are nubz!!", 15 minutes after launch shows a hint of ignorance.

my $40 is not ignorant... it expects things. If you went to mcdonalds and ordered a hamburger and got a bun only, would you say, oh well, to be expected from mcdonalds... i'll go to sleep and hope tomorrow my bun macigally turns into the hamburger i ordered.

really? i dont think you would... i think you would ask for the hamburger you ordered.

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 05:15 PM
You can work at McDonald's and still be intelligent. One does not preclude the other.

i am sure you are right.. but i had to make a point. I was definately generalizing.

Viper66
02-18-2011, 05:17 PM
OK! Every one log out,, were coming in by weight ,, us fat guys first...!

Tehralph
02-18-2011, 05:18 PM
OK! Every one log out,, were coming in by weight ,, us fat guys first...!

Well I have 6 accounts so combined I weigh more!!

orious13
02-18-2011, 05:20 PM
What? Are you talking about me?

I like how I'm on a first name basis with the commuity after 2 days of trolling!

I'm just talking about speaking without going all "Yosemite Sam", but still allow your point to come across. Pow Pow.

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Well I have 6 accounts so combined I weigh more!!

haha... did you have to pay $40 for each account? how is dualboxing? was thinking of getting another account for crafting

river111
02-18-2011, 05:23 PM
my $40 is not ignorant... it expects things. If you went to mcdonalds and ordered a hamburger and got a bun only, would you say, oh well, to be expected from mcdonalds... i'll go to sleep and hope tomorrow my bun macigally turns into the hamburger i ordered.

really? i dont think you would... i think you would ask for the hamburger you ordered.

Here is what your $40 REALLY gets you, its get you less than 1 hour of MY time. And I'm not a developer of this game, I'm a betting they making more than me. And since your only paying for less than a single hour of time up front, and less than 10 minutes of time once a month, thats exactly what you should expect. You will be heard by someone on thier end, someone, for less than 10 minutes a month.

Oh look at the time, your 10 minutes is up man, please tell my receptionist to send in the next person on your way out!

Tehralph
02-18-2011, 05:27 PM
haha... did you have to pay $40 for each account? how is dualboxing? was thinking of getting another account for crafting

Yeah, I originally bought them as gifts for guildmates who were cheap, but then they criticized the PVP and went off to praise minecraft as the ultimate sandbox MMO. So here I am, 6 accounts...

bankerandrew
02-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Here is what your $40 REALLY gets you, its get you less than 1 hour of MY time. And I'm not a developer of this game, I'm a betting they making more than me. And since your only paying for less than a single hour of time up front, and less than 10 minutes of time once a month, thats exactly what you should expect. You will be heard by someone on thier end, someone, for less than 10 minutes a month.

Oh look at the time, your 10 minutes is up man, please tell my receptionist to send in the next person on your way out!

i don't get it.. was this an attempt at humor? hrmm, please try again.

ifireallymust
02-18-2011, 05:34 PM
It's all you dirty solo'ers laggin the place up with your totems!

I'll have you know this particular misanthropic mudhut dweller placed a totem and got out so everyone else could place theirs. Although I confess to having checked back to make sure it was still there a few times!

river111
02-18-2011, 06:55 PM
i don't get it.. was this an attempt at humor? hrmm, please try again.

No, no humor intended honestly. You think your $40 entitles you to something, and it does - next to nothing. Your $40 is scratch man. May be alot to you, but really its just plain scratch. It entitles you to only one thing, the right to play the game when it is up. READ the EULA. Your quote of "my $40 is not ignorant... it expects things" is far reaching, beyond what you should honestly expect. Again, read your EULA before you respond to this one. I know your thinking you have rights and all, but please, do yourself a favor and read the EULA before you respond. Dont make yourself look worse than you already are.