PDA

View Full Version : Major Database Corruption

Risk
02-19-2011, 03:46 AM
A few minutes ago the server crashed and when everyone got back on, everyone was missing various items..

Added a screencap to show what happened...

For me in the Pic,
Im in my Homested area yet there is no totem...I had a tent, pluss 10 Bins...as you can see on 2 bins are left.

On my Body I lost all items on my body and in my Bin Backpack all scavenged items icons vanished and cant be moved yet thier numbers are still there....
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/783/screenshot2011219113623.jpg

Maybe it'd be best if the server stayed off for a day or so while people finished dling the game...

Jasdemi
02-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Screencap?

Risk
02-19-2011, 03:53 AM
the image...
a screen capture.

Jasdemi
02-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Normal people call this a screenshot.

pilok
02-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Normal people call this a screenshot.

Most people understand screencap and wouldn't have to ask.

I think i'll wait a few days more before i start playing, they will hopefully sort out the biggest problems.

galagah
02-19-2011, 04:14 AM
Bascially the same as whats happening in this thread :- http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3655-Anyone-else-losing-newb-items

From the response i've had though when talking to others i guess poeple don't see the fact thatthe DB is simply failing to save things that it should be , and is only going to get worse the longer its left .

But ..... according to some everything is fine because , and i quote " You must be unlucky , cause its not happened to me / us " .

Risk
02-19-2011, 04:21 AM
its not the database saving things or not as you can see by the buged bag of scavs...icons are gone but numbers are still there...plus the items that were erased were completely random for me...if you notice in my hand slot, I have a Lumberjacks axe with I made well after I aquired my non-dropable pre order axe...

I have My bevel which I made after my Leathercrafter tool...yet the LC Tool poofed....
I have my pouches yet my bins poofed...

I still have my tribal radius but my totem poof...

This wasnt a simple roll back.. this is classic database corruption.

naughty
02-19-2011, 04:30 AM
broken game is broken

Marcus
02-19-2011, 05:10 AM
I logged out last night with a placed totem. Logged in this morn, the totem was still there, but the "guild" was gone. So i remade it in the same spot, now there was two totems, one guild.

Logged out, then back in, a few hours later, well, needless to say, i now have 3 totems, all dropped by me within a foot of each other...

But i got a decent spot ; )

Honelith
02-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Logged out, then back in, a few hours later, well, needless to say, i now have 3 totems, all dropped by me within a foot of each other...

Think the devs will allow people with multiple totems to be chopped down for wood? :p

wulvgar
02-19-2011, 05:48 AM
even lost my binded weapon with the corruption

axiomtk
02-19-2011, 05:53 AM
lol I logged back in and didn't saw a tent that was there before. so I thought damn I'm in another position :) never guessed that the house would dissappear...Damn need to check my items. This is going to a wipe..

oobe
02-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Same here, I was online last night and had specific tools in my bags for over 5 hrs, logged back in this morning and half of it was gone. Also missed the clothes for some reason lol. Completely unreliable at the moment, I'll wait til it gets better to avoid frustration :)

BigCountry
02-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Same here, I was online last night and had specific tools in my bags for over 5 hrs, logged back in this morning and half of it was gone. Also missed the clothes for some reason lol. Completely unreliable at the moment, I'll wait til it gets better to avoid frustration :)

It's not going to be better until they close down the DL server. Unless that is their cop out for something else gone horribly wrong....

Host the client on File Planet (or some other P2P) or something....what the hell is wrong with these people....did they honesty think sharing bandwidth for a gamer server and a 3.6GB client file would work? rofl

If it's the client DL bandwidth....TURN THE SHIT OFF so all of us who were ready can play your game.
:D

It's that simple....someone is either lying or they cannot physically shut it off. wtf

sionide
02-19-2011, 09:55 AM
I logged out last night, and when I logged back in this morning everything looked ok (well, besides it looked like there was a bit of a roll back?), but I was missing pants!

I mean everything was in my pack and in my inventory except I wasn't wearing any pants...who are these sick pervs? j/k

Regardless, yeah we definitely need a wipe and a DB clean up. At this point, it's pointless to play because after you log off you don't even know at what point you will log back at with the rollbacks and what you will have in your inventory.

On the plus side, it seems the DB is keeping skills gained and xp.