PDA

View Full Version : Wipe Now!

mgilbrtsn
02-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Right now there is debate on whether there should be a wipe or not. There are the devs saying they may or may not be wipe the system. IMHO there is too much 'damage' done and they are going to wipe regardless. So IMHO do the wipe now and get it over with. Don't prolong it. (This is assuming of course that they have fixed the issues). Either way, I would make the statement that there will be a wipe so that ppl aren't wasting their time setting things up.

yoori
02-19-2011, 06:42 AM
It's up to Jooky to decide if wipe is needed or not. If he can fix bugs without wipe he'll probaly do that.

Wipeing servers now won't help. Corupted data is created mostly by server rollbacks(I think) and unless server stabilizes it won't change.

Ashfield212
02-19-2011, 06:47 AM
I'd like some sort of decision as soon as possible, I don't see the point in investing time in another character that's just going to get wiped.

pilok
02-19-2011, 06:54 AM
They should say if they wipe or not, when they wipe is up to them.

naughty
02-19-2011, 06:55 AM
I'd like some sort of decision as soon as possible, I don't see the point in investing time in another character that's just going to get wiped.

this!

Marcus
02-19-2011, 06:56 AM
I'm sure as soon as they know, they'll tell you...

nimstone
02-19-2011, 07:00 AM
YES Do the wipe NOW, clean the slate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigCountry
02-19-2011, 07:02 AM

I agree.

This is RL time now, not beta time.

We can all find something else to do today if they simply tell us what's going on. My tribe and I do not mind a wipe. But we do mind building all day only to have the RL time wasted...

zettoz
02-19-2011, 07:05 AM
A wipe would be the 'simple' solution, but the main issue is keeping everyone happy, those who camped out for hours to weather the lag and rollbacks to keep their totem would be quite upset, but those who got screwed out of their spot because of it would be upset that it didn't get rolled back.

Eremon
02-19-2011, 07:11 AM
but those who got screwed out of their spot because of it

You make it sound as though selected players/tribes had locations "reserved" upon launch.

Don't get me wrong, along with everyone else I am not pleased about the roll-out. But this sense of "entitlement" some players and tribes have, is laughable.

yoori
02-19-2011, 07:11 AM
As soon as I can confirm whether or not we will need to wipe, I will.

If you don't want to waste time in game than wait for the decision doing something else.

Marcus
02-19-2011, 07:12 AM
I would hardly call a wipe a simple solution...

Because with a wipe, comes another land rush. This happening once is bad, if it happened twice........

Metsuro
02-19-2011, 07:21 AM
the problem for the most part has been fixed. Tribes are working now they just need to get in and delete the problem totems. No need to wipe. Stop screaming the sky is falling.

yoori
02-19-2011, 07:22 AM
You make it sound as though selected players/tribes had locations "reserved" upon launch.

Don't get me wrong, along with everyone else I am not pleased about the roll-out. But this sense of "entitlement" some players and tribes have, is laughable.

Some people placed their totems and logged out, then came back and someone else was in their spot, this is unfair and I guess something should be done about this.

We were online placing totem until it stayed, and I think we have had constanly some players online since launch(I had a break for some sleep), but many tribes can't afford it. We had about 50 members at launch from all over the world so it's easier for us.

But give Jooky some credit, he's doing what he can, so bear with it.

Eremon
02-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Some people placed their totems and logged out, then came back and someone else was in their spot, this is unfair and I guess something should be done about this.

I agree that something should be done about it, and from everything Xsyon has stated, he's working on it. Hopefully he can resolve the totem placement issues without having to do a wipe.

Sadus
02-19-2011, 07:30 AM
It's obvious the MASSIVE server lag is not caused by bandwidth limitations. They are surely updating their server code to better support this many people. Wiping now would result in the same exact situation as yesterday. The server is still lagged beyond all belief even with a good ping.

BigCountry
02-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Wipe or not. You really can't even play with the lag. Not unless your a homer with absolutely nothing else to do today.

They just need to bring it all down....and get the bandwidth/servers relocated/fixed.

All it does it mess with peoples heads. There is no point leaving the server up with a 1-2 minute latency on actions.
lol

Saorlan
02-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I do not want a wipe - we just need a fix for the lag and no it is nothing to do with people downloading.

Metsuro
02-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Wipe or not. You really can't even play with the lag. Not unless your a homer with absolutely nothing else to do today.

They just need to bring it all down....and get the bandwidth/servers relocated/fixed.

All it does it mess with peoples heads. There is no point leaving the server up with a 1-2 minute server desync.
lol

the problem is just those who are trying to download. Every time they get dropped from the launcher the lag is fine.

Metsuro
02-19-2011, 07:35 AM
I do not want a wipe - we just need a fix for the lag and no it is nothing to do with people downloading.

Unless... both the server for the game and downloads share a connection... which they do so if the downloaders are 400 people trying to get 3gigs each at a rate of what 1-2mbs by 400 people... is alot of information a second... Go figure that it is those downloading causing the problem.

TheMap
02-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Wait for the servers to be fixed then they should wipe.

Imhotep
02-19-2011, 07:50 AM

agree

toolowdown71
02-19-2011, 07:53 AM
agreed

Sitef
02-19-2011, 07:54 AM
would love to know if there is a wipe coming, so that I'll know if its worth investing more time in my current char or not

Lucas
02-19-2011, 08:35 AM

agreed

hanca
02-19-2011, 08:37 AM

yes, nods