PDA

View Full Version : Tribes and Settlements that go inactive

KeithStone
02-20-2011, 04:52 AM
What happens to tribes and settlements that go inactive?

Land in this game is going to be a valuable thing, and having inactive tribes and settlements holding back active players could become a problem.

Without the ability to siege and claim other tribes/settlements, how are we going to deal with the inactives or people who don't resub?

Furyk
02-20-2011, 05:05 AM
I would guess you will have to wait til Prelude is over to declare war on a vacant tribe.

FPrime
02-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I would guess that if your subscription goes inactive your character is dropped from their tribe roster. If a tribe roster goes below the 5 minimum to have a tribe the totem should disappear.

I don't have any word how NG is actually going to handle this, but I'd like to know too. So a bump with my guess/suggestion. :)

trenixdecease
02-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I think the world should just get bigger.

Delvie
02-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Actually I've got another question along the same lines - what if the person who placed the tribe totem deletes their character? For homesteads, even with more than 1 member it deletes the totem when you delete the character who placed the totem. I've known some burnt out guild leaders who have done this in the past which is why I mention it.

This brings up is there anyway to transfer totems?

Jounce
02-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Actually I've got another question along the same lines - what if the person who placed the tribe totem deletes their character? For homesteads, even with more than 1 member it deletes the totem when you delete the character who placed the totem. I've known some burnt out guild leaders who have done this in the past which is why I mention it.

This brings up is there anyway to transfer totems?

You can promote other people to Leader, but I don't think you can physically move totems yet unless you disband the tribe.

I haven't found any solid/legit information on what happens with inactive tribe areas...

vorg
02-20-2011, 03:20 PM
I would guess that if your subscription goes inactive your character is dropped from their tribe roster. If a tribe roster goes below the 5 minimum to have a tribe the totem should disappear.

WRONG. If a small tribe looses a member, they should not loose the totem. Maybe in time they will get replacements. Doesn't matter. Once placed, it should stay until all members leave which would/should disband the tribe.

Doc
02-20-2011, 03:33 PM
IMO, if tribe goes to below 5 members totem should be removed, otherwise its open to abuse by soloers or tribes.

The rest of the members still can put 1-4 homesteads near eachother.

dreampod
02-20-2011, 03:54 PM
WRONG. If a small tribe looses a member, they should not loose the totem. Maybe in time they will get replacements. Doesn't matter. Once placed, it should stay until all members leave which would/should disband the tribe.

That would be vastly open to abuse because with just 4 friends you could establish a tribe and then have them leave and go on their own merry way. Basically it would negate a vast portion of the disadvantages of homesteading vs forming a tribe.

Kordesh
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Maybe shrink the size of the "claim" as time goes on? Definitely something that needs to be dealt with, because even with the "just make the world bigger" option, you're going to have large swaths of land locked in to inactive users/tribes over time.

FPrime
02-21-2011, 03:07 AM

Tell us how you really feel. :D

Seriously though, is there some other reason for your suggestion except to allow groups that are too small to place a tribal totem to get the benefits of one? Why would Jooky have gone through the trouble to make homesteads if that was wanted?

p.s. another bump to hope this gets some official word

dlld
02-21-2011, 05:53 AM
That would be vastly open to abuse because with just 4 friends you could establish a tribe and then have them leave and go on their own merry way. Basically it would negate a vast portion of the disadvantages of homesteading vs forming a tribe.

If a tribe goes below 5 just transform it to a homestead but needs to be abandoned and remade to make it a tribe again.

Edit: Could also be a time delay say you get 2 days warning if you do not recruit more people the tribe will turn into a homestead permanently after those 2 days.

Melaquinn
03-06-2011, 12:11 PM
We would be interested in an answer to this question as well. Having land held by players that are no longer active could create a huge land shortage in a very small amount of time

yoori
03-06-2011, 12:43 PM
When tribe gets below 10 members it becomes clan, when clan gets below 5 members it becomes homestead. If there's no members in tribe totem disapears.
That already in or will be in. When you unsub your character should be deleted or inactive/dropped from tribe.

KeithStone
03-06-2011, 12:47 PM
When tribe gets below 10 members it becomes clan, when clan gets below 5 members it becomes homestead. If there's no members in tribe totem disapears.
That already in or will be in. When you unsub your character should be deleted or inactive/dropped from tribe.

What this doesn't tell us is what happens when a member doesn't leave the clan but no longer plays and has unsubbed, will they drop from thier totem?

Entire tribes could go unsubbed and then their totem is stuck there and the tribe territory will be unusable by everyone else.

yoori
03-06-2011, 01:02 PM
What this doesn't tell us is what happens when a member doesn't leave the clan but no longer plays and has unsubbed, will they drop from thier totem?

Entire tribes could go unsubbed and then their totem is stuck there and the tribe territory will be unusable by everyone else.

You'll have to ask Jooky, I don't know. They should be removed from tribe or their char deleted from server. If they still pay sub, nothing can be done, I think.

jokhul
03-06-2011, 01:10 PM
The major problem will be with Homesteads. There will be FAR more Homestead totems planted in the next 2 months, than Tribe totems. The likelihood of some of those players not continuing their subs (for whatever reason) is fairly good.

What will happen when these accounts are not subbed ? Should they immediately lose their totems and all the stored possessions in that Homestead ?

Most game companies tend to keep characters for a while, because that makes it much more likely that the player will resub later. But in Xsyon, where land is in short supply, it becomes very tricky.

mworley01
03-06-2011, 01:18 PM
They can just implement a system like Ultima Online where your house or in this case totem starts to decay and if your account remains inactive for a week it disappears and the items become usable by anyone, it would basically be another form of scavenging. They are called IDOCS ( in danger of collapsing) in UO and are a very popular thing. It would give tribes something to war over trying to protect and claim the materials left over after the decay.

Tandarie
03-06-2011, 02:12 PM

WRONG if you have 5 members and 1 leaves you go to homestead size :) otherwise what is to stop people from getting 5 people together and making a tribe then 4 people disban. get it?

Koll
03-06-2011, 02:20 PM
They can just implement a system like Ultima Online where your house or in this case totem starts to decay and if your account remains inactive for a week it disappears and the items become usable by anyone, it would basically be another form of scavenging. They are called IDOCS ( in danger of collapsing) in UO and are a very popular thing. It would give tribes something to war over trying to protect and claim the materials left over after the decay.

an inactive week is too short of a time; a inactive month would make more sense or two weeks... 15 days I dunno; a week is too short

granthsmith
03-06-2011, 02:25 PM
A month sounds sensible as you can easily go away on vacation for 2-3 weeks and it wouldn't be good to come back to find your totem gone if you forgot to re-sub or something. A totem status that changes over that 4 week period like UO's IDOC would be cool though.

yoori
03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
You should be able to suspend your sub or cancel it. If you cancel it your char is deleted and you're kicked out of tribe. If you suspend it your character is saved and you're a member of tribe for next month or two.
I think something like this could work.

Xx1327
03-06-2011, 04:14 PM
characters should remain saved but considered deleted if someone forgets to resub, pretty much freezing the account. this way tribes aren't taking advantage of inactive players. Paying players shouldn't have anything affecting them if they're away for extended periods of time. if they're paying then they either just really love xsyon or intend to come back.

I'm not sure what jooky is planning about this but i see this as the best thing to do.