PDA

View Full Version : LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Bone
02-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Are yall going to fix this or not we are pre-ordering the damn game and can't play it. Very Very bad first impression. When are you going to fix it? My 1st impression qorst 40 bucks ive spent in years Mortal online was better. At least the ping is not 1000ms I mean What THE FUCK? really

orious13
02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Are yall going to fix this or not we are pre-ordering the damn game and can't play it. Very Very bad first impression. When are you going to fix it? My 1st impression qorst 40 bucks ive spent in years Mortal online was better. At least the ping is not 1000ms I mean What THE FUCK? really

How old are you man?

All you have to do is read...

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/1440-Xsyon-Updates

Jounce
02-20-2011, 12:34 PM
lol

ifireallymust
02-20-2011, 12:40 PM
It's Sunday afternoon for a lot of us, and that means a lot of people are downloading or logging in to play. Until the game is moved to the new servers, peak hours are probably not going to be happy hours, but if you can manage to get online at off peak, it's much smoother. Sometimes I average 65 ping for hours, which is the best I've experienced in any game and is how things were every day prior to Friday. It's a shame for those who can't get online during off peak hours and who didn't get to play before Friday, because you're truly not getting to see how much fun Xsyon really is.

Niburu
02-20-2011, 12:42 PM

when you are able to make this shit thread that you should be able to read the last announcements....

Banok
02-20-2011, 12:43 PM
we still need a date for when it will be fixed.

Tehralph
02-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Lol, oh my God the irony!!

He was right about one thing, worst first impression ever! =P

Bone
02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
well how old are you? I did read it

Bone
02-20-2011, 12:48 PM
again I did read it doesn't change the fact

Mako_Jak
02-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Well did you happen to read this one then?

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3749-A-heartfelt-plea-to-the-community?p=45471&viewfull=1#post45471

Bone
02-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Lol, oh my God the irony!!

He was right about one thing, worst first impression ever! =P
Remember Mortal online they were like this. They told us dumb shit like "Oh we didn't know people would download and play the game"
LOL

Aramanu
02-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Have some patience you've been given extra playtime to make up for it.

markusan
02-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Effectively, Beta has been extended by two weeks and headstart and release has been postponed by two weeks. Go eat burgers in the meantime!

Tehralph
02-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Remember Mortal online they were like this. They told us dumb shit like "Oh we didn't know people would download and play the game"
LOL

The problem with Xsyon is that the download server and game server are the same, and that they have ordered new servers, but they havent been set up yet. The company isnt all to blame, the game did receive a lot of last minute pre-orders, myself included.

orious13
02-20-2011, 12:58 PM
I think the dload server and game server run through the same connection not that they are the same server.

But it's like mark said.

This effectively still beta since there is still a wipe. Better have this happen now then on the official launch.

Mako_Jak
02-20-2011, 12:59 PM
LOL

Yeah, the difference here is that many of us were in game and playing just dandy up til Friday night. we know the game has legs, unlike MO. This isolated incident will be dealt with and we'll all be back to playing soon enough. But if you are going into any indy type sandbox like this with hopes of ever being out of perpetual beta, you're just setting yourself up for heartache. This game is incredible, the devs here are down to earth and straight shooters, patience is something you'll need with any of these types of games, even more so at launch.

markusan
02-20-2011, 12:59 PM
The problem with Xsyon is that the download server and game server are the same, and that they have ordered new servers, but they havent been set up yet. The company isnt all to blame, the game did receive a lot of last minute pre-orders, myself included.

This is nothing new. Most MMOs have had bad launches, some worse than others. What you should learn to do is to not take a vacation for release, since that is like booking a flight into a an area where a volcano is spewing ashes over the destination airport and hoping nothing will disrupt your carefully planned schedule.

Ashfield212
02-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Get used to the lag, it's going to be around for a few days atleast. Jooky claims the lag is exposing some issues that need working on, so there is some benefits after all. In the meantime, I'd suggest not whining like a bitch - first impressions count, remember.

Bone
02-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah, the difference here is that many of use were in game and playing just dandy up til Friday night. we know the game has legs, unlike MO. This isolated incident will be dealt with and we'll all be back to playing soon enough. But if you are going into any indy type sandbox like this with hopes of ever being out of perpetual beta, you're just setting yourself up for heartache. This game is incredible, the devs here are down to earth and straight shooters, patience is something you'll need with any of these types of games, even more so at launch.

I hope I stuck it out with Mortal Online for awhile I heard that this game was much better. I also heard the dev team is competent. Truth is I have never be afraid to rant a bit I was perma baned on the MO forums for calling it how I saw it.

But I'll quit and go play world of Tanks a bit. Which is awesome by the way

orious13
02-20-2011, 01:08 PM
But I'll quit and go play world of Tanks a bit. Which is awesome by the way

Just don't forget to return when the pre-launch re-launches lol.

If you pre-orded a while back you shoulda played a little before friday :).

Honelith
02-20-2011, 01:10 PM
It does look bad and Xsyon will always be remembered as the MMO which relaunched its early access within days of becoming available. Whoops, what a screw up. I like the game, but now I'm wary of there being more screw ups and I'm wondering when the next wipe will be after next weeks since the devs would rather wipe then fix the issues.

I really hope they'll hire more staff to solve and fix these issues.

Tehralph
02-20-2011, 01:11 PM
This is nothing new. Most MMOs have had bad launches, some worse than others. What you should learn to do is to not take a vacation for release, since that is like booking a flight into a an area where a volcano is spewing ashes over the destination airport and hoping nothing will disrupt your carefully planned schedule.

I wasnt complaining, I was explaining. Did you even read my quote or did you just jump in to criticize?

Bone
02-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Get used to the lag, it's going to be around for a few days atleast. Jooky claims the lag is exposing some issues that need working on, so there is some benefits after all. In the meantime, I'd suggest not whining like a bitch - first impressions count, remember.
I don't know where you are from but were I come from we get what we pay for. Unlike you, you seen perfectly happy taking it in the ass. IM me I have the best MMORPG ever I'll sell you. Whatever does it for you I guess

Mako_Jak
02-20-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't know where you are from but were I come from we get what we pay for. Unlike you, you seen perfectly happy taking it in the ass. IM me I have the best MMORPG ever I'll sell you. Whatever does it for you I guess

You think this is taking it in the ass? LOL

I'll just wish you well now then. Good luck in whatever game you find yourself in.

Jasdemi
02-20-2011, 01:18 PM
We didn't pay for the head-start. :D

Vaywen
02-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Okay you impatient little child.

You paid for early access, (or your parents did), you'll get early access. The same amount of time - just delayed a little. Plus your two months free that was always included. So not sure what your problem is other than being a spoiled brat.

Have fun with World of Tanks and don't be in a rush to come back, please.

Niburu
02-20-2011, 01:21 PM
It does look bad and Xsyon will always be remembered as the MMO which relaunched its early access within days of becoming available. Whoops, what a screw up. I like the game, but now I'm wary of there being more screw ups and I'm wondering when the next wipe will be after next weeks since the devs would rather wipe then fix the issues.

I fail to understand why people talk about wipes in the future. The problem was that the server couldn't make a single backup file without heavy lag that caused problems while saving. IN fucking few weeks the server is running and we have error free backup files so there won't be any other wipe....seriously. It's amaizing how people are not able to read a single section of this forum called Updates. Yes the start IS shit but i fell well informed what i can't say about toher comapanies

You paid for a pre order that gives you a head start before others ( remember release was pushed back to 15th march) and for two month subscription. Unlike other games were they start the game and even with heavy problems and exploits they keep the server online this Dev's team tries to have a good start for everyone. You still get what you payed for+2weeks only the date got abit pushed back.......

Ok, here's the painful part. :-)

I actually want this lag to continue for today and tomorrow. The lag has brought out a few problems that did not show up before. They won't happen without lag, but in the future they could happen during a lag spike so we need to fix these now. The current lag, although it's not fun, is helping us find and quickly fix some problems.

Thankfully these have been easy to fix with a couple of server side safety checks. I've been working frantically on these and will patch out a new build as soon as possible. We'll then test under the current lag conditions.

Rest assured we are not taking a moment's break right now!

Hehe lol i like the Dev's ^^

fishFUNK
02-20-2011, 01:24 PM
I wish I could find this guy in game and stab him multiple times over many hours.

orious13
02-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah I think they should have called it a "Pre-Order" Stress test :P.

Mmos need a stress test and this is currently it. I like that they are getting usable data from it.

Niburu
02-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Yeah I think they should have called it a "Pre-Order" Stress test :P.

Mmos need a stress test and this is currently it. I like that they are getting usable data from it.

everyone was free to stress test it since one year or so ^^ Most player jumped in at release

zettoz
02-20-2011, 01:51 PM
I dunno I had a damn good first impression playing in the beta phase, pretty awesome game there, just need to have patience something a lot of people seem to not have anymore. Good work takes time, just let it play out.

rixk
02-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Actually I think that too, that the wipe statement came out too fast. Never heard any MMO company wipe character after game went live (yes, prelaunch is live state of the game) and they all have had problems at launch.

noste11
02-20-2011, 02:23 PM
I dont understand why they cant keep the characters and just wipe the world clean from the totems, instead of total wipe.

BigCountry
02-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I have ran around most the map I do not see a lot of players. Maybe a few 100 of us online max? About the same as beta.

zettoz
02-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Not sure what the big deal of the wipe is, I mean you took what 5 minutes to make your character and another 5 or so to run to your tribe land?

JCatano
02-20-2011, 02:58 PM
You paid for a pre order that gives you a head start before others ( remember release was pushed back to 15th march) and for two month subscription.

Let's be realistic about what this actually is: A launch to get the monthly fees started in a few months. He needs cash to hire more developers. Pretty sure he posted something similar, already.

There is no head start, since anyone can "pre-order" at any time.

orious13
02-20-2011, 03:00 PM
I dont understand why they cant keep the characters and just wipe the world clean from the totems, instead of total wipe.

Characters have some bad data as well. Not all.. as not all tribes are messed up either.

MrKrueak
02-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Actually I think that too, that the wipe statement came out too fast. Never heard any MMO company wipe character after game went live (yes, prelaunch is live state of the game) and they all have had problems at launch.

I guess you were never at the age of conan launched, they did a rollback also after the first few hours. you also seem to think it was easy for them to decide on a wipe, again people are assuming. i'm sure if a wipe wasn't needed there would not be one and being a guy myself in IT that runs DB's for a living i can understand their hassle especially when they had no good data to begin with.

Virtus
02-20-2011, 03:57 PM
you can find a full explanation here: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/1440-Xsyon-Updates?p=45709#post45709

I will also add that on these forums and on MMORPG forums there were lots of viewable posts stating that there was lag and that the early access did not go as well as planned. Now, however, the team is working thier asses off to fix the current problems.

On a good note, as stated in the above link, problems are being fixed that wouldn't happen under and other circumstances other then lag.

mgilbrtsn
02-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I love the game and cannot wait until the new servers are in (no really, I can't wait, fix it NOW!!! ;) Having said that, the issues on that first day definitely make a bad first impression for those who hadn't had the chance to play before the pre-launch/launch. However, once it gets sorted out (sooner rather than later), I think those 1st impressions will evaporate and they will love it also. I am confident of this because despite what ppl say, if they spent $40 bucks on a game, they won't just try it on day one and forget about it. They'll be back after things settle down (most of them anyway).

rixk
02-20-2011, 10:01 PM
I guess you were never at the age of conan launched, they did a rollback also after the first few hours. you also seem to think it was easy for them to decide on a wipe, again people are assuming. i'm sure if a wipe wasn't needed there would not be one and being a guy myself in IT that runs DB's for a living i can understand their hassle especially when they had no good data to begin with.

We are talking here about data, which has been saved for days(from friday to actual wipe after n days). Saying, that there is no good data is odd in situation, where character progression is saved, tribes are bit more messy, but even there is something to save as most tribes have settled down somewhere.
Also.. if you work with DBs for living, then you probably know also, that wiping the data is basically not an option. About Conan I don't remember the rollback, but if you do, I stand corrected.

...I will also add that on these forums and on MMORPG forums there were lots of viewable posts stating that there was lag and that the early access did not go as well as planned. Now, however, the team is working thier asses off to fix the current problems....

Problems were expected, anyone who thought that there would be no problems were naive. And you guys are doing great job, can't argue with that.

Tehralph
02-20-2011, 10:24 PM
We are talking here about data, which has been saved for days(from friday to actual wipe after n days). Saying, that there is no good data is odd in situation, where character progression is saved, tribes are bit more messy, but even there is something to save as most tribes have settled down somewhere.
Also.. if you work with DBs for living, then you probably know also, that wiping the data is basically not an option.
Theres no good data spot to backup to because it started off as being fucked up. What do you suggest they do, fix the problem and rollback to the last spot that the DB was working fine? Because that was about 1 second before the server came up and everyone started creating characters and logging in. Seems to be exactly what theyre doing. =D

river111
02-20-2011, 10:32 PM
LOL

Boy who's your momma? Someone needs to slap that biatch for raising a fool like you!

See!! This is what happens when you let people PvP too long. This should be a lesson to every one. PvP is BAD for da brain!! Just say NO!

rixk
02-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Theres no good data spot to backup to because it started off as being fucked up. What do you suggest they do, fix the problem and rollback to the last spot that the DB was working fine? Because that was about 1 second before the server came up and everyone started creating characters and logging in. Seems to be exactly what theyre doing. =D

Database is accessible and queries can be done to that. Majority of its content seems to be good data, otherwise we wouldn't be able to save our progress(from my experience part of my bags content and weared equipment isn't being saved currently, maybe there is something else too, but this is what I have encountered). My thoughts were going along this line, that it is possible to export "good parts" of the database and import it to new database later.

zettoz
02-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Well look at it from a business standpoint, have your small dev team spend hours salvaging the database of less then half a day worth of playtime, or spend 5 minutes wiping it to spend the rest of the time working on stabilizing the game to prevent it from happening again. Personally I would have wiped as well, if the game had been live for more then several days it would be a different story.

mgilbrtsn
02-21-2011, 06:22 AM
An awful lot of people seem to know how much bad data, good data, old data, data backups, no data backups, when the backups were made or not made. I begin to wonder how many of these posters work for the company since they seem to be in the know. If you don't work for the company and have no idea on what is or isn't, then I would suggest a little less of 'you need to do this, or you should have done this'. IMO

MrKrueak
02-21-2011, 09:06 AM
it may have been saved for days, but as soon as the servers went line there was data NOT being saved at all due to lag, this is my point in saying there was no good data to start with, things may be saving correctly now but at the beggining it wasn't for everyone so the fair thing to do is to wipe and have everyone start on fair ground again from scratch once these issues are resolved. but again we all have our opinions and the are speculating on the issues. The only ones that truly know what went on our the devs and if they say they need to wipe i believe them. like another posted why wast days of time trying to piece a db together when they can wipe and spend the rest of the time actually fixing the issue. I know some are ticked off by it but remember it hasn't launched we were given another 2 weeks of headstart bascially since the launch is effectively pushed back to the 15th.

Also.. if you work with DBs for living, then you probably know also, that wiping the data is basically not an option. About Conan I don't remember the rollback, but if you do, I stand corrected.

Problems were expected, anyone who thought that there would be no problems were naive. And you guys are doing great job, can't argue with that.

orious13
02-21-2011, 09:10 AM
An awful lot of people seem to know how much bad data, good data, old data, data backups, no data backups, when the backups were made or not made. I begin to wonder how many of these posters work for the company since they seem to be in the know. If you don't work for the company and have no idea on what is or isn't, then I would suggest a little less of 'you need to do this, or you should have done this'. IMO

THIS

rixk
02-21-2011, 10:49 AM
it may have been saved for days, but as soon as the servers went line there was data NOT being saved at all due to lag, this is my point in saying there was no good data to start with, things may be saving correctly now but at the beggining it wasn't for everyone so the fair thing to do is to wipe and have everyone start on fair ground again from scratch once these issues are resolved. but again we all have our opinions and the are speculating on the issues. The only ones that truly know what went on our the devs and if they say they need to wipe i believe them. like another posted why wast days of time trying to piece a db together when they can wipe and spend the rest of the time actually fixing the issue. I know some are ticked off by it but remember it hasn't launched we were given another 2 weeks of headstart bascially since the launch is effectively pushed back to the 15th.

And that brings us back to the original concern of "....I like the game, but now I'm wary of there being more screw ups and I'm wondering when the next wipe will be after next weeks since the devs would rather wipe then fix the issues."
The problems pop out daily as we can read from Jordi's reports, we can never be sure, that our chars won't be wiped again, but that is certain by now, that our characters are expendable.

MrKrueak
02-21-2011, 10:58 AM
And that brings us back to the original concern of "....I like the game, but now I'm wary of there being more screw ups and I'm wondering when the next wipe will be after next weeks since the devs would rather wipe then fix the issues."
The problems pop out daily as we can read from Jordi's reports, we can never be sure, that our chars won't be wiped again, but that is certain by now, that our characters are expendable.

yes that could possibly be an issue if they were not going to fix it, but as is they have already implemented features to keep this from happening again. of course they can't 100% say it won't happen again but with what they already have done there will be redundant ways to save the db info, not counting the fact they the would have the DB back up constantly and keeping an archive of them so if they have to rollback it wouldn't be a complete wipe but simply a couple hours or a day rollback depending on what their backup schedule is. I'm sure the devs are taking as many precautions and fixes as possible to assure this doesn't happen again. I believe this was the stated reason why they wanted the lag to continue, and delaying the wipe until the new servers are up so they can monitor and fix.

I usually worry as you do as i've been burned myself by pass MMO's such as the DNL disaster, Vanguard, Conan etc but with this team the short time i've been around seems to have passion for their game and is not all about making as much money as possible but put out a enjoyable game at the same time.