PDA

View Full Version : Alt-Tabbing Xsyon

miyagi
02-20-2011, 04:38 PM
So it is not possible for me to alt tab xsyon.
Well if i alt tab to check my internet browser, xsyon just freeze.
Since all MMO have dead time while playng ( let s say while i m resting) i dont want to just stay there and look at my char back ,lying on the ground...

ANyone having the same problem? any solution? ( other than play in windowed mode)

wulvgar
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
yep I think just about everyone has this problem even windows mode dont work for me. still locks

Kordesh
02-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Haven't loaded it yet (still downloading), but if this is a consistent issue, I hope this is something that can get resolved. I hate being stuck in-game because it will crash if I want to browse or answer an IM (I have Raptr but the overlay causes too many problems/crashes to be worth using).

Draakan
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Thank god for my ipad. But really I do wish alt-tab did work. 8gig of ram should be good enough to hold all this game and a browser.

Tehralph
02-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Window mode makes this problem go away for me. If it still locks up after that, its your pc.

Jeebus
02-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Same here, Xsyon in windowed mode works fine with alt-tab. You'll quickly learn to aim your cursor a couple millimeters below what you're trying to click too :)

boojiboy
02-20-2011, 05:03 PM
I can't alt-tab either. This is the only game I have that I can't alt-tab in.

mgilbrtsn
02-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Agree. There is also a thread in the Suggestion forum.

Kordesh
02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Just poked around a bit and strangely enough the game lets me alt-tab without issues.

Jounce
02-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Yea, most everyone I know locks up alt+tabbing in full screen. And playing windowed is absolutely painful, hope they fix it at some point.

ultrudeus
02-20-2011, 09:09 PM
I had this problem last night, and earlier today (I just bought it last night). But a few hours ago, the lag was gone and alt+tab was working just fine for me. Hopefully it has something to do with the lag.

sudo
02-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Sadly, it has absolutely nothing to do with the lag. I used to have this issue even when there was no lag at all a couple of weeks ago, when I just bought the game.
From the IRC discussion, I can only conclude that Windows XP users don't seem to have this problem, while us, Windows 7 64 bit (and most probably 32 as well) do.

Each time I try to alt-tab the Xsyon client won't let me to go alt-tab back to it and whenever I right click on the icon in the taskbar it'll say "Please restart the Xsyon launcher" or something like that.
Lets hope this problem gets fixed fast.

I'm quite sure it's not an "intended feature" just like it is in Final Fantasy XI and XIV where you aren't allowed to alt-tab on purpose and have to use third-party software to help you do that. For instance, you can add Xsyon to your steam client as a non-steam game and just use the in-game steam browser, instead of alt-tabbing each time you need to browse the internet without actually alt-tabbing.