PDA

View Full Version : When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 10:08 AM
When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

1.) 2 Weeks
2.) 4 Weeks
3.) 3 Months
4.) 6 Months

Most of the guys I play with (15-20 of us) are willing to bust our ass for a month (4 weeks) to build and fortify a territory if full PvP was turned on after that.

I am creating this pole to gauge what/how the community thinks on this.

-Big C

KeithStone
02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
i don't want to sound like I'm contradicting myself, but after prelude would be the answer for me.

I'm against safe zone, but they have already stated how prelude would work. I just think the community needs to be made aware that this won't be the same game after prelude when it comes to pvp.

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Then how long is prelude going to last? 6 months (from what we can gather as the answer) is just too long.

I will be drastically losing my team's interest in this game if they bust their ass in building a months worth of work only to find it's pretty much meaningless. See where I am getting at Keith? 4 weeks is the limit I am getting from most of them who played the game all weekend.

Be nice to have an exact number. And for hope's sake it's not 6 months!
:D

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I can't vote in this poll. It requires me to know things that I don't know about how far along the devs are with working out the ruleset and how I'll feel about the current ruleset in the future. I wanted to put 'six months' because it's my first impulse, but I can't. And I fear only the 'we want pvp right now' and the 'I never, ever want safe zones removed from this game' players are going to be able to vote with full confidence that they won't change their mind in a few weeks or months.

orious13
02-21-2011, 10:23 AM
i substituted after prelude for 6 months.

KeithStone
02-21-2011, 10:24 AM

the devs have already stated that it could be at least 6 months for prelude. It really depends on how fast they get the features in that they are determined to get in before they want prelude to be over.

It's all speculation.

I myself am also wondering what our tribe will be doing after the first couple months when our city is complete and everyone has their own personal house.

There really won't be much left to do after that until prelude is over.

sionide
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Big C, can you stop making like 18324189 threads on the same subject.

dlld
02-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Whenever other systems are in place to prevent the game from being griefed to hell and back.

Jadzia
02-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Then how long is prelude going to last? 6 months (from what we can gather as the answer) is just too long.

I will be drastically losing my team's interest in this game if they bust their ass in building a months worth of work only to find it's pretty much meaningless. See where I am getting at Keith? 4 weeks is the limit I am getting from most of them who played the game all weekend.

When you asked this in the other thread I thought you were kidding, sorry. The answer is even worse for you...Prelude will last for 6 months minimum. It can be longer than that, depending on the development speed. Safe zones won't be removed till we get the structures we can use to protect tribe areas (gates, walls, etc).

I understand your concerns but this is how the game was planned. You can try to ask for an FFA PvP server, there is a chance to get it if there is enough players wishing it.

yoori
02-21-2011, 10:35 AM
I won't vote becouse I want safezones to be gone when game is ready for it. As I uderstand PvP is meant to be mainly in war system not outside of it, like it's now. Combat system has to be improved too. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later. Economy will be set around war, we're not crafting armor and weapons for hunting.

tilla
02-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Yah you seem to have the wrong impression of what this game is Big C, I have a feeling that you should probably come back after Prelude is over. There is a reason all this is implemented the way it is.

Ferakpsi
02-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Whenever the Prelude is over. So with that not being an option and Prelude set to last "at least 6 months". 6 months is about as close to a correct option as you have listed.

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Big C, can you stop making like 18324189 threads on the same subject.

You told me to make a poll so I did.
hehe

Aethaeryn
02-21-2011, 10:53 AM
I would like to not have them at all but only once there are some mechanism in place to protect tribes etc. I am thinking Mad Max - Road Warrior types of things. . old busses with metal plates for gates. . flame throwers on towers etc. The defending tribe will always be at a disadvantage if attacks can happen any time. There either needs to be a declaration made that gives them a chance to get their crap together or something to give defenders more power.

My vote would be no safe zones and no flagging system. . but a game that keeps this in mind. So far it has not been done right thought. (thinking anti-PKs being red in UO etc.)

sionide
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
You told me to make a poll so I did.
hehe

Doesn't sound like me. But what is done is done, I guess.

P.S. You are losing sucka :P

Deacon
02-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Lets stick with current plan...as stated so many times....only after prelude..remove tribal safe zone.

coca
02-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Lets stick with current plan...as stated so many times....only after prelude..remove tribal safe zone.

6 months.. serisouly LMFAO...

I'm not going to be playing this version of SIMS for 6 months.. if a better PVP system isn't implemented sooner rather than later( in a month or so) I am sure my whole guild will be leaving. I can't imagine other large guildes such as DHOV which has a history of pvp would stay onboard either.

I'm a PK.. I love this game so far becuase it is so close to UO.. yet it is very unique. It has the best aspects of everything missing from current MMO giants... unfortuantly the PVP is the worst I've seen so far. This game has so much potential. Please don't bore us to death waiting for the "real game" to be implemented. Alot of us have learned that waiting usually ends up with us throwing money at a promise and a game we don't fully enjoy. (warhammer darkfall ect.) We will just leave.

The lack consequential PVP is rediculous.

Jadzia
02-21-2011, 11:18 AM

I'm not playing going to be playing this version of SIMS for 6 months.. if a better PVP system isn't implemented sooner rather than later( in a month or so) I am sure my whole guild will be leaving. I can't imagine other large guildes such as DHOV which has a history of pvp would stay onboard either.

Then why did you buy the game ? It was told everywhere that safe zones will stay for minimum 6 months. I mean no offends, just really wondering.

jhorodysky
02-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I also say when it is ready. Doesn't matter what time, 2 weeks, 6 months, as long as it is implemented correctly.

Doc
02-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Lol, cant we just look at the last poll, so we have to continuously watch that 75% of people dont want safe zones removed in prelude (however long it will last)?

here, to save you the trouble ;P :

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3164-Simple-poll-to-remove-safe-zones-in-Prelude

yoori
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't really understand this thread any more. You don't want another DarkFall and yet you're suggesting make it that way. War system isn't ready and until it is there is nothing to fight for. You can't claim territory, you can't loot bins, you could only kill people that are sitting in the village and they will be naked in case of attack, you can destroy building only by dismatling.

As I said before many times, until war system is ready it will only benefit griefers. If you don't want safezones go evil and fight other evil tribes until warfare is implemented.

Ziggy
02-21-2011, 12:42 PM
After the features are implemented to allow towns to build defenses, most importantly gates.

Klecko
02-21-2011, 01:32 PM
You know, something tells me ,this game may not be for you.If you ask for a refund ,I think you can still get you money back.Just an idea

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 01:36 PM
If safe zones are consensual, I might just have to. That changes everything for me and the 15 guys I am playing this game with. You think they will refund all 15 of us?

Klecko
02-21-2011, 01:38 PM
yes ,i believe so

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Cool. I will take the news to our website and talk to the guys about it in TS tonight.

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 01:39 PM
If safe zones are consensual, I might just have to. That changes everything for me and the 15 guys I am playing it with. You think they will refund all 15 of us?

You'll have to make a new poll thread, BigCountry, I screwed it up miserably. And for the record, I don't believe what anyone else says are their motives for wanting safe zones gone, except for yours and the guy who is just plain honest enough to admit he wants to kill people and take their stuff so he doesn't have to stand around gathering or making it. Two slightly different forms of respect for you both. Which won't keep me from running as fast as I can away from either of you if I see you in game!

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 01:44 PM
haha thanks man.

Yeah we read into this game as offering territory controlled group vs group end game. We knew it would not come for 6 months. That sucked, but we could of maybe lived with it being we don't get a lot of sandbox games. But nowhere did we read anything about group vs group being consensual. That changes everything for us.

Volcom
02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Thank God! Please leave, sick of looking at all these worthless polls and you desperately trying to change what this game is about.

dxwarlock
02-21-2011, 04:44 PM
But nowhere did we read anything about group vs group being consensual. That changes everything for us.

so the tribe fighting you back feverishly to keep their land..depending on if they are enjoying the combat or not "changes everything for you?"

dxwarlock
02-21-2011, 04:58 PM
What exactly are you surviving, as per your sig?

ah Im sorry, as animals, starvation (to be added) and the 99.99% of the map I can die on to anyone doesn't count I see.. as im not "surviving" unless its during you attacking me at my totem..I got your point now :P

surviving doesn't only entail "I beat a guy away from my totem"..

dxwarlock
02-21-2011, 05:16 PM
ok sorry, lets restate it since you missing the point and wanting to derail the subject at hand by semantics.

you can kill me anywhere you see me, but my 50x50 area..and I have no problem with that..I wander out of our safe zone I fully understand that I can die, as its the risk I take.

Deacon
02-21-2011, 05:23 PM

I'm not going to be playing this version of SIMS for 6 months.. if a better PVP system isn't implemented sooner rather than later( in a month or so) I am sure my whole guild will be leaving. I can't imagine other large guildes such as DHOV which has a history of pvp would stay onboard either.

I'm a PK.. I love this game so far becuase it is so close to UO.. yet it is very unique. It has the best aspects of everything missing from current MMO giants... unfortuantly the PVP is the worst I've seen so far. This game has so much potential. Please don't bore us to death waiting for the "real game" to be implemented. Alot of us have learned that waiting usually ends up with us throwing money at a promise and a game we don't fully enjoy. (warhammer darkfall ect.) We will just leave.

The lack consequential PVP is rediculous.

bye bye...can I have your stuff?

coca
02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
why not just sit in your safe zone and make your own .. nerd

Deacon
02-21-2011, 05:31 PM
aww...you called me nerd...you hurt my feelings...I'm now sad panda.

Banok
02-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Indefinately until pvp is competitive and fun and not consisting of 1 move repeated over and over.

I want it to be a good pvp game too but its not YET, its just a crafting sandbox for now, so who cares about safezones.

LESS QQ more CRAFTING.

coca
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
If I wanted to play "FARMVILLE" I'd log onto my wifes facebook account.

dxwarlock
02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
you define surviving how you will, ill use the dictionary definition..
sur·vive
   /sərˈvaɪv/ [ser-vahyv] verb, -vived, -viv·ing.
continue to live through hardship or adversity; "We went without water and food for 3 days";"how long can a person survive without food and water?"

hence, surviving..
so if you was on a deserted island, and had to forge out your own way...youd only be "surviving" if there happen to be another person on that island to attack you?

but we are derailing the thread with your disagreement of what my sig means..if you want to discuss this, we can do that in Pm's leave the thread to the topic at hand

Zenmaster13
02-21-2011, 06:04 PM
If I wanted to play "FARMVILLE" I'd log onto my* facebook account.

Sorry, had to fix that for you. I'm sure pvp will evolve over time. I'm sure that does not help you now either. Either way, some people like to play, and not pvp, and others just like to just pvp, and still others like to do both. I believe everyone should be able to play the way they want.

BTW, never played that other thing you mentioned, but clearly you have, so is it centered around lake tahoe, post-apoc, has hunting, 3d- terrafrom, ffa-pvp, swimming, running, scanvenging, free-form construction, etc., etc. ?

river111
02-21-2011, 10:24 PM
bye bye...can I have your stuff?

Noooo, I want his stuff!!

DaAzub
02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
You guys suck, Zerg me down for a 1v1 fight, If this was implemented right away I would go to your tribe zone all the time. Good Loots too.

willbonney
02-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Hey all. Would you all mind going to my "suggestion" post in the suggestion thread and submitting your thoughts/ideas on the idea I had for a PvP system. I'd appreciate it a lot.

For those about to Troll me, I salute you. ;P

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3869-My-PvP-Idea?p=46852#post46852

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:24 AM
I went ahead and voted now, have more information because of the update. Minimum six months is time for those of us who don't want to be in large tribes to figure out how to defend ourselves when we eventually need to do so, and there are plenty of ways to do it. If we fail to, that's our own disorganized faults.

BigCountry
02-22-2011, 05:34 AM
I went ahead and voted now, have more information because of the update. Minimum six months is time for those of us who don't want to be in large tribes to figure out how to defend ourselves when we eventually need to do so, and there are plenty of ways to do it. If we fail to, that's our own disorganized faults.

Best thing said all morning.

Welcome to the sandbox.

/salute

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:41 AM
Best thing said all morning.

Welcome to the sandbox.

/salute

Thank you! I figure, as much as those of us who build and craft love doing it, in six months, most of us will be looking around for something to add to our experience anyway, if not before then. But we need time. Turning the big war tribes loose on us now would be a slaughterhouse. I don't even think it would be fun for the tribes.

One issue I'm thinking about now is new players. Small tribes and solo players like me who want to keep our independence from the big tribes should have some responsibility for helping new players down the road with the same independent outlooks find place to settle and we'll have to help them protect it, otherwise, new players down the road will either be forced into a harried victim role or forced to join a big tribe. I think it can all work, though. And I think it will be good for the game to have people who aren't all up in each others baskets and crowded behind walls all day but who can still defend each other when necessary.

Zenmaster13
02-22-2011, 05:59 AM
If they completely turn off safe zones, there will be griefing and ganking. I don't think anyone could argue against that fact. If they do turn it off, many new players will not be able to establish themselves, unless they are in a tribe. So forced tribing or forced to be a grief gank target.

People also seem to think that all we have to do is police the griefers as an in game community. I have never seen this concept work, but I have seen it suggested many times. You cannot police someone who re-rolls with a different char name, nor can you police griefers with multiple accounts, and there are other examples as well.

I figure we need some safe areas, but have the rest open for pvp. This pleases both sides. If you argue against this, you are without a doubt wanting to gank or grief someone for your own enjoyment.

BigCountry
02-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Zen you will have safe zones for 6 months.

In 6 months the world will be built.

Any new player who joins 6 months from now will log into a completely different world/game than what you see now.

Safe zones will be gone and this new player will need to join a tribe or find a neutral/good player ran city to find shelter in. Societies will be setup.

He/she will get griefed no much or less than he/she would with safe zones being on at this point in the game, because everyones territory will have some sort of walls/protection. If you play this game for 6 months and still have not put up walls and protection, then you deserve to get grief/ganked because you did not follow directions on how the game is be to played out.

Zenmaster13
02-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Zen you will have safe zones for 6 months.

In 6 months the world will be built.

Any new player who joins 6 months from now will log into a completely different world/game than what you see now.

Safe zones will be gone and this new player will need to join a tribe or find a neutral/good player ran city to find shelter in. Societies will be setup.

He/she will get griefed no much or less than he/she would with safe zones being on at this point in the game, because everyones territory will have some sort of walls/protection. If you play this game for 6 months and still have not put up walls and protection, then you deserve to get grief/ganked because you did not follow directions on how the game is be to played out.

There are no directions on how the game should be played out. How silly for you to say that. This is a sandbox, but you already know that. How will new players know they have to join a tribe? Not everyone comes into the forums. I'm sure you will say it's thier own fault.

You are making alot of assumptions on how the world will be in 6 months. They are just dartboard predictions at best, no better than anyone else could predict to be exact.

Tell me why you want no safe zones. Please don't use some weak immersion arguement.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 06:20 AM
If they completely turn off safe zones, there will be griefing and ganking. I don't think anyone could argue against that fact. If they do turn it off, many new players will not be able to establish themselves, unless they are in a tribe. So forced tribing or forced to be a grief gank target.

People also seem to think that all we have to do is police the griefers as an in game community. I have never seen this concept work, but I have seen it suggested many times. You cannot police someone who re-rolls with a different char name, nor can you police griefers with multiple accounts, and there are other examples as well.

I figure we need some safe areas, but have the rest open for pvp. This pleases both sides. If you argue against this, you are without a doubt wanting to gank or grief someone for your own enjoyment.

If there are ways to keep solo and small numbers of griefers out of a homestead once a certain fortification or fortifications goes up, then those who want to help new players prepare can do so, and I for one will do so, as it fits very well with my play style.

You're right, we can't police name changing solo griefers, but those aren't the biggest threats anyway. The biggest threats are griefer tribes and coalitions intent on owning every resource and patch of land, who can knock down the walls one or two griefers couldn't. Fortunately, big tribes can be policed, if there are enough of us in game who care to do so. And that, also, fits with my play style. Not a leader, not a follower, not comfortable in a big tribe. But willing to show up and fight with other players when needed.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic and no matter what we do, one month after safe zones are gone, a coalition of tribes will control everything. That's actually how things tend to go in these games. Well, in that case, I'll have had a very enjoyable six months, and the devs will have been compensated for it. I'll move on, sad that this time was no different from the others, and two months after that, the 'winners' will all move on, too, since they'll have nothing and no one left to conquer.

You think the devs haven't thought of this eventuality already? I know they have, and I'm starting to trust that they'll be more inventive than the typical ffa full loot pvp dev crowd when it comes down to it.

Maliqe
02-22-2011, 06:26 AM
They can turn off safe zones around tribal totem the day they make gates that actually work. Walls are pretty at this point but without a gate, meaningless. If a player wants to surround himself with walls for protection, then the system needs to be in place that will allow them to be safe. Not through a game mechanic. Through walls and gates.

Gamefreak
02-22-2011, 06:27 AM
My prediction is a massive drop in player base after the first month or two, after everyone realizes that the forts they built surmise to nothing. Unless combat is completely revised by that point, with much more PvE and tribal warfare content, that is. Other crafting needs to be in and functional by then. The fact that fifty percent of the games population believes it is "craft or gtfo", for a lack of better terms, disturbs me in the sense that there are many aspects to the crafting system that are not completed.

Also, with a player base likely touching 5000 people by release, I don't know how two servers are going to come into play. I think the point here is that crafters and PvPers should be on the same server and make use of their respective abilities. I would find Jordi's quote in the announcement section to back this up, but I'm too lazy.

Shaggy
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Useless poll to be honest.... Jooky has officially stated that safe zones will ONLY be removed when we have the ability to protect our zones with gates and things of that nature.

darkbladed
03-25-2011, 08:00 AM
I like the making tribes aggressive or passive option that was talked about; when safe zones are turned off I think that it should only be turned off for agressive players and passive players keep it.

Lack of Safe zones will drive many away (non-pvpers)
Lack of PvP will drive pvpers away
So there needs to be a balance stricken

Dontaze_Mebro
03-25-2011, 08:04 AM
I like the fact that people will just /unstuck through your walls.

Stevro
03-25-2011, 08:13 AM
I like the fact that people will just /unstuck through your walls. LOLZ .

Salvadore
03-25-2011, 08:36 AM
I hope they leave safezones in for at least another 6 months: I like being able to macro without any fear of risking losing items. I also like not having any consequences for my actions and no risk. I like having a hard coded crutch to support my personal desires in game without ever worrying about someone challenging me in any way.

I will exploit this fully though. If someone comes near my area, and they have stuff that i can potentially get, ill try to pk them. If i start to lose ill just run back to my safezone and have my magical security blanket save me. Maybe one of my friends will kill the guy I just tried to if i cant rest up quick enough.

I will also send my tribe mates out to homestead on things we need. That way nobody else can get them!

I will do my best to use the neighboring tribes resources. Why should I use my own? There is no risk for me to steal theirs, except the few seconds im out of my magical invisible protective barrier. I dont really care if that other tribe minds or not...mainly because they cant do shit about it! Yays to me though, i like all gain - no risk. It makes me feel safer and im accustomed to getting things easily handed to me. Yes, this makes me /cry harder when I lose, but its in my nature.

I will /cry however i feel because others have higher skill than me. Ill blame macroing, exploiting, and various other things but im totally ok with it all - i still have my own personal safe haven to do the same. You know how it is, its always better to blame someone else for your faults than to blame yourself!!!

/sarcasm off

A safe zone is nothing but an exploit at this point. The sooner they are removed, the better. Why do we build these immaculate sandcastles anyway?

Dontaze_Mebro
03-25-2011, 08:54 AM
I hope they leave safezones in for at least another 6 months: I like being able to macro without any fear of risking losing items. I also like not having any consequences for my actions and no risk. I like having a hard coded crutch to support my personal desires in game without ever worrying about someone challenging me in any way.

I will exploit this fully though. If someone comes near my area, and they have stuff that i can potentially get, ill try to pk them. If i start to lose ill just run back to my safezone and have my magical security blanket save me. Maybe one of my friends will kill the guy I just tried to if i cant rest up quick enough.

I will also send my tribe mates out to homestead on things we need. That way nobody else can get them!

I will do my best to use the neighboring tribes resources. Why should I use my own? There is no risk for me to steal theirs, except the few seconds im out of my magical invisible protective barrier. I dont really care if that other tribe minds or not...mainly because they cant do shit about it! Yays to me though, i like all gain - no risk. It makes me feel safer and im accustomed to getting things easily handed to me. Yes, this makes me /cry harder when I lose, but its in my nature.

I will /cry however i feel because others have higher skill than me. Ill blame macroing, exploiting, and various other things but im totally ok with it all - i still have my own personal safe haven to do the same. You know how it is, its always better to blame someone else for your faults than to blame yourself!!!

/sarcasm off

A safe zone is nothing but an exploit at this point. The sooner they are removed, the better. Why do we build these immaculate sandcastles anyway?
Let's turn them off, but change the combat system to a click meter match. whoever can click the fastest wins. That should balance out combat a little until the real system is in place.

Jadzia
03-25-2011, 09:07 AM
I like the making tribes aggressive or passive option that was talked about; when safe zones are turned off I think that it should only be turned off for agressive players and passive players keep it.

This is what the devs' plan after Prelude :)

HyBrasil
03-25-2011, 09:20 AM
None of the above.

The situation could be more complex than this vote calls for. I will have to think about this.

kiwiitis
03-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Have not voted as once my homestead goes unsafe I will be leaving the game.So I am going to enjoy it as long as I can.I will have had my money's worth so no worries.

Jadzia
03-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Haven't voted myself, since the good answer is not listed...never. And its good to know that we will be able to keep our area safe.

joexxxz
03-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Jadzia please stop ruining the game. Thank you very much!!!!

You made your vote, and i made my vote.

Dirt
03-25-2011, 02:22 PM
I support you Jadzia. Please continue to ruin whatshisfaces game for me. Thank you very much.
What reason other than the ability to grief a player limitlessly would we need to get rid of safezones? I may be unaware of other reasons, and would kindly like to know what the concern is please. Seriously, i have never PvP'd and only got my first kill very recently when i was able to kill a guy who killed me from behind while scavenging. Very satisfying feeling taking my clothes back and a little more from the guy (xrated was his name). I love the feeling of risk with pvp in game, would be lame without it, but how does a safezone = bad please?

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 02:41 PM
If safe zones ever do go away, not only will players need gates and other technological wonders (such as an infallible /unstuck stopper!), we'll also all need time to catch up to the macroers in all our skills and cached supplies. That could take a good long while.

joexxxz
03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
None of the above.

The situation could be more complex than this vote calls for. I will have to think about this.

Good point. +1 ;)

Dirt
03-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Are'nt they going to implement consentual warfare and warlike tribes and all that good stuff? Siege warfare for those interested? Sounds pretty cool to me, to have the option to partake in that. Take away my home/safezone and what have i got? Grade 4 schoolyard bully's giggling as they trash my in-game progress. Unreal how many folks think this is cool. Unreal how many kids were'nt brought up better than that. Send your mom over so i can spanker, ganker.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
If safe zones ever do go away, not only will players need gates and other technological wonders (such as an infallible /unstuck stopper!), we'll also all need time to catch up to the macroers in all our skills and cached supplies. That could take a good long while.

Yes of course because the macroers are going to stop cheating once their skills are maxed... Seriously? THey will just keep on gathering. You WILL NEVER catch up to them. Your skills may be as high, but the amount of resources they can pull up while AFK is staggering.

Unreal how many kids were'nt brought up better than that. Send your mom over so i can spanker, ganker.

I think watching their mom's get spanked is probably part of the problem.

Dirt
03-25-2011, 03:09 PM
"I think watching their mom's get spanked is probably part of the problem. "
Good point there.

wulvgar
03-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Stop trolling trying turn this into darkfail he already stated his not going turn them off

It might be a option for some who like the risk

NEVER

never going happen no matter how much you wish :)

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Yes of course because the macroers are going to stop cheating once their skills are maxed... Seriously? THey will just keep on gathering. You WILL NEVER catch up to them. Your skills may be as high, but the amount of resources they can pull up while AFK is staggering.

I think watching their mom's get spanked is probably part of the problem.

Shhh, Dontaze! I was trying to make macroing pvpers foam at the mouth a little. Don't ruin it for me with logic.

joexxxz
03-25-2011, 03:54 PM
@wulvgar

Check your join date twice !!!!

EDIT: Another thing, it will help kill all the macroers. haha.

wulvgar are you a macroer???

NexAnima
03-25-2011, 04:33 PM
@wulvgar

Check your join date twice !!!!

EDIT: Another thing, it will help kill all the macroers. haha.

wulvgar are you a macroer???

join date means what exactly?

maelwydd
03-25-2011, 04:36 PM
join date means what exactly?

From my experiences it means you can be a jerk off with a bit more authority then newbs.

joexxxz
03-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Check a suggestion and let me know what u think about that!!!
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/5982-Idea-for-SAFE-ZONES?p=71296&viewfull=1#post71296

Dirt
03-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I've been serving coffee and snacks to these grizzled vets for weeks.

Lily
03-25-2011, 04:46 PM
From my experiences it means you can be a jerk off with a bit more authority then newbs.

*checks date*

Guess that makes me a damn authoritative jerk :rolleyes:

maelwydd
03-25-2011, 05:22 PM
*checks date*

Guess that makes me a damn authoritative jerk :rolleyes:

You CAN be, it isn't compulsory though.

Plague
03-26-2011, 03:13 AM
Yes dumb kids. Safe zones should never get removed so we can get rid of griefers who will emoragequit once this is published.

Starting zones should always remain safe zones so new players can get used to game mechanics and build their skills up before embarking on trip outside of safe zones. Starting zones should not contain too many things so that reward of moving out is big, but so does the risk increase. Imagine a starting zone like a boot camp where soldiers are trained in basic combat before facing real enemies.

I have a feeling that too many people would like to gank new starters and are moaning against safe zones for that very reason. Under pretense of pvp they want to grief newbies. No game should allow griefing of newbies by wannabe pvpers. In fact every game should try very hard to make griefers leave as soon as possible as they are not adding anything of value to any sandbox, people like that only bring in their frustration over their job, lack of girfriend or boyfriend, hatred towards their life or their mirror image and then try to make up by killing newbies that don't know how to fight back. That is not pvp and any cry by that group should be completely ignored by and development company who considers itself professional. A sandbox needs roleplayers and not some sad individual who just wants to ruin gaming experience for everyone else. Guys who run around destroying resources, stumps and changing terrain in order to ruin the landscape for others are that group in Xsyon. If devs allow that group (which is a minority but extremly vocal to make up for their lack of numbers) to start impacting the game Xsyon is toast in less then 3 months.

People like that are easy to spot on forums. If a thread is very long like this one it is usually those who post multiple times per page and most of their posts are pointless flaming one liners. Their goal is not to bring reasonable arguments to discussion but to stir up community, same as in game, in order to grief people even outside of the game.

jokhul
03-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Who in the fuck are all of these kids voting six months? Seriously.

It's not the kids, it's the grownups :D

Kids don't have the patience to wait 6 months for anything, they will have moved on to the next game (SW:ToR ?) by that time anyway, safezones or no safezones...

Luculus
03-26-2011, 07:14 AM
IMO It depends on when gates get put in i.e. once there is the possibility of creating a safe-ish zone.

I agree though that people who want PvP aren't too concerned about small safe zones - the whole rest of the map is open for combat. Its simply the griefers who want to kill afk people and crafters that cry for no safe zones now.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Yes dumb kids. Safe zones should never get removed so we can get rid of griefers who will emoragequit once this is published.

Starting zones should always remain safe zones so new players can get used to game mechanics and build their skills up before embarking on trip outside of safe zones. Starting zones should not contain too many things so that reward of moving out is big, but so does the risk increase. Imagine a starting zone like a boot camp where soldiers are trained in basic combat before facing real enemies.

I have a feeling that too many people would like to gank new starters and are moaning against safe zones for that very reason. Under pretense of pvp they want to grief newbies. No game should allow griefing of newbies by wannabe pvpers. In fact every game should try very hard to make griefers leave as soon as possible as they are not adding anything of value to any sandbox, people like that only bring in their frustration over their job, lack of girfriend or boyfriend, hatred towards their life or their mirror image and then try to make up by killing newbies that don't know how to fight back. That is not pvp and any cry by that group should be completely ignored by and development company who considers itself professional. A sandbox needs roleplayers and not some sad individual who just wants to ruin gaming experience for everyone else. Guys who run around destroying resources, stumps and changing terrain in order to ruin the landscape for others are that group in Xsyon. If devs allow that group (which is a minority but extremly vocal to make up for their lack of numbers) to start impacting the game Xsyon is toast in less then 3 months.

People like that are easy to spot on forums. If a thread is very long like this one it is usually those who post multiple times per page and most of their posts are pointless flaming one liners. Their goal is not to bring reasonable arguments to discussion but to stir up community, same as in game, in order to grief people even outside of the game.

I think people who generalize and assume so much about people should leave.

maelwydd
03-26-2011, 07:37 AM
I agree though that people who want PvP aren't too concerned about small safe zones - the whole rest of the map is open for combat. Its simply the griefers who want to kill afk people and crafters that cry for no safe zones now.

So true...

joexxxz
03-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Lol Lol. Let me tell you people something to those who love to craft. If there is no combat, why are u making weapons you fools/... lol If you dont want Pkers to be in this game, why you trying to figure it out what armor is better... Lol If the Pkers would leave the game, what will you do with all your useless armor and weapons. U wont use them. Haha WAKEUP!!!!

Read my suggestion, add some of yours, but with balance
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/5982-Idea-for-SAFE-ZONES?p=71296&viewfull=1#post71296

Jadzia
03-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Lol Lol. Let me tell you people something to those who love to craft. If there is no combat, why are u making weapons you fools/... lol If you dont want Pkers to be in this game, why you trying to figure it out what armor is better... Lol If the Pkers would leave the game, what will you do with all your useless armor and weapons. U wont use them. Haha WAKEUP!!!!

Hmm who said we don't want PvPers ? And you can use your armors and weapons in PvE so thats not a good argument :) But again, no one ever wanted a PvE only server, so relax :)

maelwydd
03-26-2011, 08:07 AM

Read my suggestion, add some of yours, but with balance

Having tribal lands as a safe zone doesn't stop pvp happenning EVERYWHERE else.

You are like one of those people that write in to complain about a TV program when there are 239 other stations and an off switch!

joexxxz
03-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Whats wrong with you people. Why are you so scared of Pvpers... Lol pull out your plastic bat and hit them on the head. They will think twice if they wanna mess with Jadzia... ;)

redrazor
03-26-2011, 08:18 AM
No Safe Zones?

FIne by me, if we cna have perma death.

That way, you better make sure you're gonna kill me and everyone in my tribe if you step on my land.

If there arent gonna be some SERIOUS consquences for PvP let me have my safe zone so I can kill every griefer and naked dancing moron that comes bother me when Im playing with the people I want to play.

If its just a 5 minute debuff or some other stupid shit like seen in most games let me have a piece of land where I can pass Anti-moron/Anti-griefing justice without having to call a GM for harassment.

Jadzia
03-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Whats wrong with you people. Why are you so scared of Pvpers... Lol pull out your plastic bat and hit them on the head. They will think twice if they wanna mess with Jadzia... ;)

You don't get me :) I'm not scared of PvP, I'm bored of it.... I don't want PvP because I find it very boring. Gosh I don't even like PvE...combat is dull for me. So I want safe zone to be able to do what I do like without being disturbed. I won't hit them with a plastic bat because its not what I'd like to do...get it now ? If I wanted to force you to sit at the campfire for an hour every day and sing songs, you would protest too :) Thats my point...don't force players into something they don't enjoy.

If PvP was scary I would probably enjoy it. But I just can't get scared of pixels, lol....

joexxxz
03-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Redrazor did you read the post i made about the evil player who gets on your tribe zone, and you have a 3 minutes limit to kill him, or he/she will have an opportunity to attack you? If some player comes on your tribe zone, and you trust that player, then there is no worries. But if you dont trust that player, kill him. Whats wrong with that?

Added after 5 minutes:

@Jadzia - SO let me guess. You never play games that require you to aim and shoot.??? You dont see that challenging???

don't force players into something they don't enjoy.
Well this is what u doing. Forcing to make this a sim.

Jadzia
03-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Redrazor did you read the post i made about the evil player who gets on your tribe zone, and you have a 3 minutes limit to kill him, or he/she will have an opportunity to attack you? If some player comes on your tribe zone, and you trust that player, then there is no worries. But if you dont trust that player, kill him. Whats wrong with that?

Added after 5 minutes:

@Jadzia - SO let me guess. You never play games that require you to aim and shoot.??? You dont see that challenging???

Lol no, I don't play such games. I don't find that challenging even a bit. Its very boring for me. A chess match or a difficult puzzle...thats challenging !

redrazor
03-26-2011, 08:36 AM
joexxxz...thats what we have now. If I dont like a guy stading on my land I kill him.

No need to take out safe zones for that.

I agree with Jadzia's post. Combat is dull and uninteresting (here or otherwise). I once fell asleep fighting in an MMO, true story (yes I was tired).

In order for combat to be interesting it needs to have a major adrenaline rush to it, and that is only possible with a purpose. Getting people's stuff (aka pants) isnt a purpose. Getting their land for me isnt a purpose either. You need to take something from them that has costed HELL for him to get.

EvE has acomplished this by taking away your ship (BAM, no more ship, need to buy a new one, wich can mean either days or even months of work to get).

SWG was even better. When you died the penalties were so horrible you didnt want to fight anything for a week. All your armour would be broken (and repairs would never bring it to maximum durability again), you would have wounds that needed to be taken care of by doctors (players) and you would have the best feature ever in a combat MMO -> battle fatigue. Wich meant you werent a Raging killing psycopath and needed to take a break from it (go into a cantina, listen to some music, stay away from combat for a few).

Combat needs to take a toll on people or it just random clicking. Loot isnt a purpose for combat. Combat needs to have a serious reward and a serious penalty. Safe zones play no part in this. If things were like this, you'd walk out of your safe zone to combat and this wouldnt even be an issue.

If not this game either turns into a deathmatch arena populated by pvpers (like DF) or a WoW clone (where you'd go mouse click your powers on someone so you can claim Ub3rness Gank3r title)

joexxxz
03-26-2011, 08:45 AM
SO redrazor , what is your solution??? No combat at all? You really do forgot about a thing called, "balance".

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 08:46 AM

Added after 5 minutes:

Well this is what u doing. Forcing to make this a sim.

I can sneak onto your tribal lands and hide for hours undetected.

joexxxz
03-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Right. Did you forget that there is dogs. Who can sniff good lol. They bark also...
So keep hiding, lol

What is the animal taming for, i forgot??? hmm

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Right. Did you forget that there is dogs. Who can sniff good lol. They bark also...
So keep hiding, lol

oh we're going on about features that are months away from being implemented... I thought this was a discussion about the current game situation. Not hypotheticals... I'll lure your dogs outside the camp and kill them.

So keep hiding, lol

oh we're going on about features that are months away from being implemented... I thought this was a discussion about the current game situation. Not hypotheticals... I'll lure your dogs outside the camp and kill them.

joexxxz
03-26-2011, 09:03 AM
lol, not unless i hear them bark, bark lol

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 09:07 AM
So keep hiding, lol

redrazor
03-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Solution? Leave safe zones as they are (the topic).

Make combat penalty heavy upon loss. That way if you fight someone and win you really cripple it for a long time, gaining an advantage. If you lose, you just respawn and go running to have another go.

In time I would like to see tribes voluntarilly removing their safe zones status as a means to enter a contended zone type gameplay. This would be voluntary of course and would allow you to conquer and be conquered. Those who wouldnt want to cnquer territory would just stay away from it at their safe zones (if I remember correctly there is a post from Xsyon explaining this is what is intended to be implemented). I also agree with the Evil Tribes having no safe zones, but this has some issues associated.

Alignment system isnt clear at this point since its not implemented, but beeing evil should have its benefits and its drawbacks as everything else, altough I'd think it would be greatly associated with combat (or sneaking/stealing).

Right now I disagree with the removal of Safe zones (even 6 months or 2 years from now) for those who dont wish to contend for territory.

silverhaze
03-26-2011, 09:35 AM
all the little kiddies just want to grief people, it's only thing they can accomplish in life i guess.

we were already told they would never be removed it is gonna be tribe choice and pvp areas with no safe zones will be coming.

much more important things the game needs right now than to discuss stuff that has already been clarified.

If you play this game just to pvp your in the wrong game with bag permissions n stuff the way it is, it's just a inefficient way to trade armor and useless weapons.

Sirius
03-26-2011, 10:52 AM
all the little kiddies just want to grief people, it's only thing they can accomplish in life i guess.

as opposed to the certifiable infant brats who want to nothing other than to craft in game because all they can hope to accomplish in life is moderate success at an unchallenging and uncompetitive aspect of an online video game <3

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 11:09 AM
as opposed to the certifiable infant brats who want to nothing other than to craft in game because all they can hope to accomplish in life is moderate success at an unchallenging and uncompetitive aspect of an online video game <3

/signed

Oh wow my life is complete now that i can push this button over and over in peace...

Aethaeryn
03-26-2011, 11:14 AM

While I would like to see them turned off it is more out of wanting to see the social aspect of the game progress. As far as competing. . I don't consider being good at computer games "winning" at life. I play sometimes just to relax. . sort of like a vacation. . I am not a competetive vacationer. Sure this is a game but it is not Super Smash Brothers with a PvP ladder etc. Some people like to "play" in a virtual world safely in their down time. I am with you on moving PvP along and I know you were responding to silverhaze calling people griefers and kiddies. .

why all the hate. . let sunshine(bear) into your life Sirius. . .I think maybe you are afraid.

Edit: Right now PvP centric players might be getting bored. . but. if they drop the safezones now they will also lose players who want to just build. . and then the PvPers will leave out of boredom since the mechanics are so non-existant. Let the builders build to help pay for the development of the PvP mechanics we need. The question is who will get bored first.

silverhaze
03-26-2011, 11:25 AM

actually if you read what i said it's that this has already been clarified by the devs post poll after poll won't get what you want pvp will come until then it's pointless to talk about and i'm not even playing because i am waiting for a reason to pvp i'm done with building n crafting.

see it's you lack of reading comprehension that makes me assume your a little kid :p

Sirius
03-26-2011, 11:30 AM
actually if you read what i said it's that this has already been clarified by the devs post poll after poll won't get what you want pvp will come until then it's pointless to talk about and i'm not even playing because i am waiting for a reason to pvp i'm done with building n crafting.

see it's you lack of reading comprehension that makes me assume your a little kid :p

My reading comprehension skills are absolutely impeccable. You can bank that. A thorough understanding of the exact meaning of your post has no bearing on the fact that this game is chock full of exactly the type of player I described. If you don't fit the bill, you have my congratulations.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest that if you want to toss around insults like this, you should try not writing like an illiterate idiot.

ifireallymust
03-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with safe zones staying. I wouldn't have a problem with safe zones staying in some areas but not be available in new areas, and those areas having high value, rare resources. I wouldn't have a problem with safe zones going completely, as long as mechanics existed to build proper fortifications that would prevent zergs from taking over everything. I wouldn't mind safe zones not protecting players who initiate combat with other players.

I'm actually pretty easy going about the whole thing myself. If I can solo, somewhere, somehow, I'm happy. Wouldn't mind a chance to build something that could be knocked down at some point, either! Although so far my ability to plan and build structures hasn't resulted in much more than an unsightly mess, I'm sure there's a brilliant genius of impenetrable fortification design lurking in here somewhere. Maybe...

silverhaze
03-26-2011, 12:01 PM
My reading comprehension skills are absolutely impeccable. You can bank that. A thorough understanding of the exact meaning of your post has no bearing on the fact that this game is chock full of exactly the type of player I described. If you don't fit the bill, you have my congratulations.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest that if you want to toss around insults like this, you should try not writing like an illiterate idiot.

illiterate idiot huh thanks for proving my point. you act like a spoiled child demanding things go his way lol.

the beauty of xsyon is it will have room for crafters and pvpers alike you seem to think everyone should play your way and if not they are useless carebears. So what it's their dime they are playing on.

pvp areas are coming and if you can't wait for them you just prove my point again, as for throwing insults i haven't done that at all yet. but i can start if the forum warrior in you so desires i'm just afraid your reading comprehension may not allow you to understand them:rolleyes:

Sirius
03-26-2011, 12:21 PM
You claimed I lack "reading comprehension" ability, which I quite obviously do not. My response was to tell you that such insults look pretty silly coming from someone whose posts are borderline-illiterate.

Calling you out for your inability to communicate clearly using written English is not "demanding things go my way". I haven't demanded anything.

You're the one who thought that making idiotic insults would somehow contribute meaningfully to this discussion. This is unsurprising, since people who are in the wrong (or are incapable of engaging in rational debate) tend to resort to personal attacks as a substitute for genuine discussion.

Regardless, if you go around insulting people, I counsel you to anticipate that your audience will respond in kind.

It utterly boggles the mind that you can post this:

and then just 2 hours later, in the same thread, post this:

as for throwing insults i haven't done that at all yet.

I can't even begin to speculate as to the combination of ignorance and insanity that would lead you to think this was an accurate thing to say.

silverhaze
03-26-2011, 01:01 PM
You claimed I lack "reading comprehension" ability, which I quite obviously do not. My response was to tell you that such insults look pretty silly coming from someone whose posts are borderline-illiterate.

Calling you out for your inability to communicate clearly using written English is not "demanding things go my way". I haven't demanded anything.

You're the one who thought that making idiotic insults would somehow contribute meaningfully to this discussion. This is unsurprising, since people who are in the wrong (or are incapable of engaging in rational debate) tend to resort to personal attacks as a substitute for genuine discussion.

Regardless, if you go around insulting people, I counsel you to anticipate that your audience will respond in kind.

It utterly boggles the mind that you can post this:

and then just 2 hours later, in the same thread, post this:

I can't even begin to speculate as to the combination of ignorance and insanity that would lead you to think this was an accurate thing to say.

lol those were observations not insults sorry you can't comprehend that rofl

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 01:03 PM
You're both trying way too hard to be smartest guy on the internets. Congrats one of you gets the gold and one of you gets the silver... too bad it's the Special Olympics.

Kajones
03-26-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm not about to read 11 pages....

Safe zones should only be turned off 1-2 weeks AFTER working gates are put into place. Players must have a way to secure their property with working game mechanics prior to safe zones being removed. Period.

Sirius
03-26-2011, 01:07 PM
lol those were observations not insults sorry you can't comprehend that rofl

Okay. So I'm now posting the observation that you're a moron. I hope you can "comprehend" that!

silverhaze
03-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Okay. So I'm now posting the observation that you're a moron. I hope you can "comprehend" that!

lol thats all you got moron what are you 6

Sirius
03-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Your thoughtful and intelligent posts have made a significant contribution to this discussion

Cowards and pussies everywhere should be proud of you!

silverhaze
03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
lol umad ?

Sirius
03-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Nope, I am glad there's finally someone who can make idiotic comments in defense of a spineless playstyle that appeals to people who hate computer games that are challenging and competitive.

You're obviously their long-awaited hero, the knight in shining (pretty, unblemished, never even been used in combat) armor.

maelwydd
03-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Nope, I am glad there's finally someone who can make idiotic comments in defense of a spineless playstyle that appeals to people who hate computer games that are challenging and competitive.

You're obviously their long-awaited hero, the knight in shining (pretty, unblemished, never even been used in combat) armor.

Or you hate him because he is another in a long list of people who know exactly what type of person you are

Sirius
03-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Do please elaborate

silverhaze
03-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Or you hate him because he is another in a long list of people who know exactly what type of person you are

you may need to dumb it down a bit his reading comprehension is not that good:)

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
How about a 3 day vacation for the 3 posters above me so they can learn to play nice?

Sirius
03-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Your own helpful contribution was to call us retarded, taze :)

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Your own helpful contribution was to call us retarded, taze :)

I call'em like I see'em. If that gets me 3 days as well then so be it.

Sirius
03-26-2011, 02:39 PM
So you're insulting me for insulting someone who insulted people.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-26-2011, 02:50 PM
So you're insulting me for insulting someone who insulted people.

Yes I am... Hypocrisy makes the world go round.

Trenchfoot
03-27-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm another who supports player structures AS safe zones (walls/gates), which are difficult, but not impossible, to breach. When should they turn that on? When it's ready, not before.

eric
11-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Okay, I haven't read all previous pages, so I may write something others have done also ;).

I think safe zones should be turned off immediately for any tribe that is in play now. We all have walls and such, if you haven't built them.. well that was the risk you wanted to take.

But to make it somewhat easier for new/young tribes, a 'grace period' of say 1 month is given to let them build up their walls/gates/etc in order to somewhat allow them to be defended from the evil world.

Hmm.. I noticed now (after posting) that the last reply was posted in march. We live in a different world now, so my comment probably isn't valid anymore.. sigh..

Asharad
12-02-2011, 08:30 AM
It should never be turned off. Do we think it will create good PVP? How so? How would you deal with a spawn camper at your totem? They also need to address /unstuck through walls. Tribes must take elaborate prevent defeat /unstuck. Those tribes who are unaware of the /unstuck possibility would be vulnerable, and might as well not have walls at all.

I apologize if this was addressed already in the thread. I'm not reading 13 pages of drama.

Jadzia
12-02-2011, 08:42 AM
This is a very old poll. The devs announced since then that turning off safe zones will be optional, kind of a one-time choice.

Drubchen
12-02-2011, 09:26 AM
/ABSTAIN

As is usual with Polls this is written in such a way as to return a certain pre-determined result.

This poll is invalid, any poll that does not include a vote against all other options is not a poll.

The question is far too complex for such a simple question, as it needs to cater for:

5) Never
6) After pre-lude ends - whenever that might be
7) Only off in certain areas
8) Another option I haven't even though of yet!

Regards, Steve

inhabit
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
i vote when walls/gates etc have damage points...oh wait that option aint there either dammit!!!!!!