PDA

View Full Version : Seperate PvP Server ASAP?

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 11:17 AM
This thread is for players who want a separate server with no safe zones.

It's not a thread for changing the current server over to no safe zones or for anything else.

Only post and vote in this thread if you are in favor of having a server with no safe zones as soon as one can be created.

zettoz
02-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Splitting the already small player base is a terrible idea, just suffer through safezones for the first couple months.

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
If removing safe zones means making a separate server then no. Trust me, you don't want what will be a small population playing this game segregated.

For the purposes of this poll, that's what it means.

(Edited to add: Notice, you don't see me voting yes.)

MrKrueak
02-21-2011, 11:22 AM
i agree, xsyon is going to a niche game with a small playerbase no need to seperate the community. The pop may start off as being too much for one server but after the initial rush of launch just as all mmos they will lose players. I don't see this mmo getting enough to support another server very well. Besides hasn't it already been stated the safe zones are only for prelude to build the world first?

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Troll poll ftw!

No, it's not. The issue seems muddied by proposed time line changes and will there or won't there be full blown, no safe zone pvp in six months, and we'll quit if there are safe zones for six months and we'll quit if there aren't safe zones for six months and on and on. I thought this thread might simplify things, but nope, guess not.

Jadzia
02-21-2011, 11:27 AM
We don't know how big the player base is right now. Seeing Jordi's posts about different servers it seems to be big enough. If there are enough players to populate a separated FFA PvP server then I say go for it. ( I didn't vote since I wouldn't play on that server, just supporting the idea).

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I do not think you are, would be, separating anyone? Where are you guys getting that information?

Serious PvPers do not want to play with serious PvErs, and serious PvErs to do want to play with serious PvPers. They are 2 completely different play styles. How is that separation?

Put it this way, you give us a full blown hard core PvP server, and myself, along with a few other veteran leads playing this game, would have it full in one week. I think you guys seriously fail to grasp the power in that....hordes of PvP'ers (organized guilds/clans) are BEGGING for a good PvP sand box games....and they show up to play if one is delivered. Almost overnight.

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Dude, you made a poll with one option to choose...

Yeah, I had the not as clever as I thought it was idea that if you couldn't vote no, you wouldn't come into the thread unless you supported the idea, which is what I also hinted at in my OP. Well, I am sleep deprived at the moment, sorry all. I guess I was out looking for people with BigCountry's answer for the thread. Which is an unreserved, yes, I'll move there, I'll play there, and me and the other people I know will happily fill it up.

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Do you not grasp that some people, like you claim yourself to be, don't like to PVE or craft?

Most PvP'ers like to PvE and craft, but only if it's driven to PvP - like it should in every "sandbox" game. If you PvE and craft only to stock pile items, what is the point in even playing the game? There has to be war, their has to be strife, there has to be item loss. Without it, no one buys or sells anything because everyone has everything.

Shmultz
02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I believe the poll results are used to determine voters manners.

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Shhhh!

orious13
02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Why don't you set up some pvp "war-like" thing? Will is doing his arena..

You could simply ask the devs to add another thread called "war".. And set up a poll for times people are available... and then have a HUGE PLAYER CREATED WAR. It could be FFA... guild base and the like. Set up the Zone number ahead of time. Something like that.

You don't have to be w/out any fun warlike pvp just because there are safe zones. You could even create a tribe somewhere and build it up pretty nice and disband it so that it could be a kind of king of the hill tourney and it would all be player organized. Except some guild might come and claim it lol. Even so as long as you aren't part of that guild you can still pvp your heart out.

Viper66
02-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Folks that are in this game to simply gank everyone will run players from the game unless players get protection somehow, its that simple,, If I personally cant play the game as intended because everytime I try to build up my craft or Tribe area some asshats come along with no better intent than to find exploits and screw with me , I and some of my friends will leave this game period!..I love PvP but not in this type of game,, I play BadCompany 2, and World War 2 on line its pure PvP and I get my fix,, Gankers cant play those type games to long as everyone is a ganker...lol.. no advantage over anyone other than experience in those type of games..its just me and my 2 cents worth nothing more..

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Folks that are in this game to simply gank everyone will run players from the game unless players get protection somehow, its that simple,, If I personally cant play the game as intended because everytime I try to build up my craft or Tribe area some asshats come along with no better intent than to find exploits and screw with me , I and some of my friends will leave this game period!..I love PvP but not in this type of game,, I play BadCompany 2, and World War 2 on line its pure PvP and I get my fix,, Gankers cant play those type games to long as everyone is a ganker...lol.. no advantage over anyone other than experience in those type of games..its just me and my 2 cents worth nothing more..

And that's cool man, we can most certainly respect your playstyle and opinion. This is exactly why trying to combine these 2 playstyles (what the devs are invisioning), is going to be very hard (if not impossible) to pull off. Heck, top studios with millions of dollars in brain power have failed over and over in trying to accomplish it.

Viper66
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
LOL.. thanks Bigcountry,, i was waiting for the blow torch to be aimed at me..... Yes will be interesting to see how its handled,, will wait and see,, hope it will work out somehow..

Jadzia
02-21-2011, 01:25 PM

Rofl exactly, and we have more voters who chose 'Yes' than the ones who chose 'Yes please'...kinda sad ;)

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

Hope this clears things up.

With that being said, we need to vote again. I have a feeling the votes for "Yes" will increase 10 fold.

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Are you afraid of differing opinions, sir?

Considering that 1. I'm not a sir and 2. my own opinion differed...um, no! :)

MrKrueak
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
With that being said, we need to vote again. I have a feeling the votes for "Yes" will increase 10 fold.

i doubt it you hardcore pvp'rs are usually a minority in most mmo's.

bruisie159
02-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Do you not grasp that some people, like you claim yourself to be, don't like to PVE or craft? You need those players alongside you to diversify the game world. I don't want to go play rock em sock em robots on some bears and racoons for days, so I'll get some guy who likes doing that to get my shit for me. While he's doing that i'll be chopping necks and fueling his crafting by providing him with incentive to do so.

Illmaculate - wow the voice of common sense and reason i never thought id see it!

river111
02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Ohhh I get it now, this poll is to list the players who plan to quit Xsyon because they aren't getting thier way. Gotcha!

Just kidding. PvP is just as important in this game as scrap piles are. If you had no fear of wandering around everyone would build a solo homestead and do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. No, I dont think there should be a seperate server. What I think is the whiner PvP types need to just buck up and accept the system in game the way it is and learn2play in it. If they can't learn2play with the carebears in thier sandbox then maybe they need to go find a new sandbox to play in. But, the carebaears aren't gonna get outta the box or move over for you, your just gonna have to learn to deal with that fact.

Now, either your man enough to play this game with the carebears the way it is, or your not man enough to do that. Thats really the only question that needs to be asked around here.

fflhktsn
02-21-2011, 05:52 PM
What sold me on this game was the ffa full loot pvp in a sandbox with a lot of sand.

What i got, a sandbox with the word sand written on a piece of paper, anti-griefind laws enforced my magical guides, invisible force fields protecting me, and the ability to dig a hole that i have to /unstuck myself out of....what the hell happend here?

Sandboxes are suppose to be easy....create the world, drop some players into it, and step the fuck back....why are we wasting valuable development time deabating rulesets? The faster we get the whole world, the sooner that the people that fear pvp can have a huge world to hide in.

If this game is all pve carebears, then all of them can easily band together and stomp out the pvpers...oh wait no griefing policy...well they can refuse to sell us their good then, force us to suffer and craft.

Really not liking where this game is headed anymore.

Anyway the pvp in darkfall that everyone is clamoring over, and fearing, was so over dramatized. All you had to do was prepare for it and you were fine.

Why are we all so scared of virtual death, or losing that tent that didnt do anything anyway, or losing those tools that some guy near you has made 100's of and is throwing them away?

Does everyone really want a terraforming real life sim game?

Wish this game had the population to support a no rules pvp server, hell we might even be able to get some friends and guilds to stop on by and give you all $40 if there was.

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 05:54 PM
What sold me on this game was the ffa full loot pvp in a sandbox with a lot of sand.

What i got, a sandbox with the word sand written on a piece of paper, anti-griefind laws enforced my magical guides, invisible force fields protecting me, and the ability to dig a hole that i have to /unstuck myself out of....what the hell happend here?

Sandboxes are suppose to be easy....create the world, drop some players into it, and step the fuck back....why are we wasting valuable development time deabating rulesets? The faster we get the whole world, the sooner that the people that fear pvp can have a huge world to hide in.

If this game is all pve carebears, then all of them can easily band together and stomp out the pvpers...oh wait no griefing policy...well they can refuse to sell us their good then, force us to suffer and craft.

Anyway the pvp in darkfall that everyone is clamoring over, and fearing, was so over dramatized. All you had to do was prepare for it and you were fine.

Why are we all so scared of virtual death, or losing that tent that didnt do anything anyway, or losing those tools that some guy near you has made 100's of and is throwing them away?

Wish this game had the population to support a no rules pvp server, hell we might even be able to get some friends and guilds to stop on by and give you all $40 if there was.

Damn, well said man. That about sums up this entire day. I hope Xsyon himself reads that.

Burnt
02-21-2011, 06:18 PM

What i got, a sandbox with the word sand written on a piece of paper, anti-griefing laws enforced my magical guides, invisible force fields protecting me, and the ability to dig a hole that i have to /unstuck myself out of....what the hell happened here?

Sandboxes are suppose to be easy....create the world, drop some players into it, and step the fuck back....why are we wasting valuable development time debating rulesets? The faster we get the whole world, the sooner that the people that fear pvp can have a huge world to hide in.

Why are we all so scared of virtual death, or losing that tent that didn't do anything anyway, or losing those tools that some guy near you has made 100's of and is throwing them away?

So... first of all, the people debating rule sets are not working on the game, and I don't see how they could slow down development. You go on to tell all the 'care bears' who 'only pve', to 'band together and stomp out the pvper's'. Wait what? The people who apparently 'only pve', should band together and pvp the griefers out? Not really sure what happened to your logic there. If you don't like where the game is headed, maybe you should have read slightly more about the game rather than stopping at the words 'pvp sandbox'.

Just because most players want one small area of the map to craft, build, and interact in, why does that mean they are scared of virtual death? IMO all it prevents is pointless griefing."oh look he is building the fire, get him!"

You complain that we can terraform? really? Sounds like this is not the game you were looking for at all. You should be able to get a refund though. This game is not made to be, will not be changed to be a ffa pvp mmo.

river111
02-21-2011, 07:13 PM

That sentance I bolded there is just too funny. The games direction hasn't changed at all, you guys are just now starting to read what everyone here has been telling you to read from the start. Its not our fault you all refused to listen this long.

Tom316
02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
That sentance I bolded there is just too funny. The games direction hasn't changed at all, you guys are just now starting to read what everyone here has been telling you to read from the start. Its not our fault you all refused to listen this long.

You hit the nail right on the head. But that is ok.. A few less people and now afew more sandbox players will show up. I've already seen several people on MMORPG that have decided to pickup the game since that has been cleared up.

I imagine we will get alot more of the Wurm crowed now also, now that its been cleared up. I would much rather get some of the Wurm crowed then Darkfall.

JCatano
02-21-2011, 07:37 PM
I want a separate server if it works like this (copy/paste of part of my post in another thread):

I want to see meaningful alignment perks and consequences, territory conquest and control that matters, and no safe zone switch (just as he originally stated). That switch is going to cause tons of problems with regard to trying to conquer/control territory. Those two styles simply are not going to fit with how the game is set up.

I do not want a "chaos" server or whatever he called it. That would be boring as hell. If I want a deathmatch, I'll play Quake.

And, river...

It seems the direction has changed. You find me one quote before today that states tribal zones would have a safety switch. Don't come back with quotes about how Jordi doesn't want griefers or anything like that, because that isn't directly relate to open-PvP. Strong alignment systems minimize the PvP-griefers. (Hard to say a kill in an open-PvP game is "grief", though.)

The only quote you will find is one where he said a tribe's main town might be safe, but he wasn't sure. I'd be somewhat OK with that idea if the main towns were in low resource and less desirable areas.

Just to make it easy, you will not find anything before today that says "tribe zones will have a safety switch". You will only find "safe zones will be removed after Prelude", structures being attackable at all times, raids on tribes, sieges on tribes, etc. Virtus even posted that "safe zones will be removed after Prelude" only a few weeks ago on the mmorpg.com forums.

river111
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
No you wont find a quote that says that before now. What you will find is the change the PvP crowd has been tryingto impliment here for the past month. Consistantly they have been like the 4 year old at the check out line rolling on the floor screaming 'I want, I want' while thier mother just shakes her head and continues to finish paying. The problem with all that is, you guys, the PvP crowd, have become so vocal, so controlling, that you actually forced the devs to put thier foot down and take a stand against you. They told you they didnt want this game to turn into a PvP gank fest like DF and MO. We told you that over and over too. But you kept insisting. Well, I'm sorry, but while you were kicking and screaming and rolling around on the floor there, daddy done walked up finally and seen it. And he handled the situation.

Yum
02-21-2011, 08:19 PM
no.. and no please..

JCatano
02-21-2011, 08:27 PM
No you wont find a quote that says that before now. What you will find is the change the PvP crowd has been tryingto impliment here for the past month. Consistantly they have been like the 4 year old at the check out line rolling on the floor screaming 'I want, I want' while thier mother just shakes her head and continues to finish paying. The problem with all that is, you guys, the PvP crowd, have become so vocal, so controlling, that you actually forced the devs to put thier foot down and take a stand against you. They told you they didnt want this game to turn into a PvP gank fest like DF and MO. We told you that over and over too. But you kept insisting. Well, I'm sorry, but while you were kicking and screaming and rolling around on the floor there, daddy done walked up finally and seen it. And he handled the situation.

We simply asked for safe zones to be removed during Prelude, since they were going to be removed, anyway. The discussion then evolved to safety in general and *bam*... Virtus throws a curveball that stated the complete opposite of what we were always told with regard to post Prelude. You trying to make more out of the ordeal than what was really asked is drama queen overload.

Again, stop equating PvP to "gank" and "grief". With that logic, you're going to get "ganked" and "griefed" a lot even with your safe tribe zone.

So, yep... You're absolutely correct in agreeing with me about not seeing a quote about a safety switch.

I'm under the impression that your side ranted enough to make Jordi change his mind, and that's why nothing was said differently until today. ;)

BigCountry
02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
We simply asked for safe zones to be removed during Prelude, since they were going to be removed, anyway. The discussion then evolved to safety in general and *bam*... Virtus throws a curveball that stated the complete opposite of what we were always told with regard to post Prelude. You trying to make more out of the ordeal than what was really asked is drama queen overload.

Again, stop equating PvP to "gank" and "grief". With that logic, you're going to get "ganked" and "griefed" a lot even with your safe tribe zone.

So, yep... You're absolutely correct in agreeing with me about not seeing a quote about a safety switch.

I'm under the impression that your side ranted enough to make Jordi change his mind, and that's why nothing was said differently until today. ;)

/this

river111
02-21-2011, 09:09 PM

Both sides ranted on this and he took action because of that. THe issue here has always been a simple one, the PvP side did not want the non-PvP side to have a choice. They were given a choice during prelude, and the PvP side didnt like that, so they continued to complain about it (check the forums, if you miss this your blind). Consistantly the PvP people pushed and pushed and pushed about not wanting to give the PvE people a choice on PvP. Now, they have a choice AFTER prelude.

I'm just gonna sit back and see if you learned anythign yet, or if your going to continue to push even more on this topic. Maybe you will force NG into further action.

Really, this has nothing to do with greif vs gank vs standard PvP. This has always been about choice. PvE players want the choice to NOT have to be forced into PvP, the PvP people dont want them to have that choice. You can paint it up all you want, but it is nothing more than that right there.

And I just want to make sure you understand this too, I'm a PvP person and believe PvP has an important role in this game. What I dont believe in is the way some of you are going about pushing for things on these forums and on global chat. I think your method is short sited and childish, and honestly, I dont see you getting what you want by continuing this method you have chosen.

JCatano
02-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Both sides ranted on this and he took action because of that. THe issue here has always been a simple one, the PvP side did not want the non-PvP side to have a choice. They were given a choice during prelude, and the PvP side didnt like that, so they continued to complain about it (check the forums, if you miss this your blind). Consistantly the PvP people pushed and pushed and pushed about not wanting to give the PvE people a choice on PvP. Now, they have a choice AFTER prelude.

I'm just gonna sit back and see if you learned anythign yet, or if your going to continue to push even more on this topic. Maybe you will force NG into further action.

Really, this has nothing to do with greif vs gank vs standard PvP. This has always been about choice. PvE players want the choice to NOT have to be forced into PvP, the PvP people dont want them to have that choice. You can paint it up all you want, but it is nothing more than that right there.

And I just want to make sure you understand this too, I'm a PvP person and believe PvP has an important role in this game. What I dont believe in is the way some of you are going about pushing for things on these forums and on global chat. I think your method is short sited and childish, and honestly, I dont see you getting what you want by continuing this method you have chosen.

When you read in the FAQ and on a post written by Jordi that Xsyon has open-PvP, who is in the wrong about what to expect when buying the game? The side that expected open-PvP or the side that has routinely posted against it? You can't be forced into PvP in an open-PvP game, unless you purchase it... Buying the client is saying you're OK with it.

You might want to rethink which side is actually pushing for something that wasn't originally stated as being the mechanic.

bcrfan
02-21-2011, 09:20 PM
And already the QQ starts, the game is what the game is, deal with it or come back in a few months when the safe zones are removed. Really, cant make you people happy can they.

Burnt
02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan. I am considering allowing tribes that want to war sooner than others to remove their safe zone if they so desire. A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population. My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices. -Xsyon

If you still have complaints that tribe members are safe in their small area for the moment, the only reason I can see is that you want to be able to get easy kills by camping a tribe area being built up. That's all I can really see. This game already has full loot pvp everywhere except for one place where you plant a totem, representing that you want to build up a tribe, develop the game world, and enjoy the wide variety of crafting on offer.

What I dont believe in is the way some of you are going about pushing for things on these forums and on global chat. I think your method is short sited and childish, and honestly, I dont see you getting what you want by continuing this method you have chosen.

river111
02-21-2011, 09:49 PM
When you read in the FAQ and on a post written by Jordi that Xsyon has open-PvP, who is in the wrong about what to expect when buying the game? The side that expected open-PvP or the side that has routinely posted against it? You can't be forced into PvP in an open-PvP game, unless you purchase it... Buying the client is saying you're OK with it.

You might want to rethink which side is actually pushing for something that wasn't originally stated as being the mechanic.

Look, last time I'm responding to you on this one. Here is the short and sweet answer to your comment. One comment, one statement, out of hundreds, thats what your basing your entire argument on. Game has open world PvP. Thats it, thats all your reading, thats your entire stand point. Yup, I'm happy for ya, it has open world PvP. Now, your arguing with a PvPer about PvP. See how stupid you look?

You just dont get it do ya? This game is not your game. I'm perfectly fine with everything that is in this game now, as it was months ago, and as it will be months from now. You on the other hand appearantly are not. So lets use your words shall we.... "Buying the client is saying you're OK with it." Did you buy it? Then your ok with it, so sit down and shut up. Oh, your not ok with it? Well why the hell did you buy it if you knew you were getting into a world building PvE game that only slightly focused on PvP? You knew exactly what you were getting into, afterall you have been complaining about it since day one pretty much. I've been here for near a year now too just like you, and you haven't let up once on wanting to change this game to suit YOUR desires. Have ya won yet? Just asking, no need to answer, cause I already know.

JCatano
02-21-2011, 09:53 PM
-Xsyon

If you still have complaints that tribe members are safe in their small area for the moment, the only reason I can see is that you want to be able to get easy kills by camping a tribe area being built up. That's all I can really see. This game already has full loot pvp everywhere except for one place where you plant a totem, representing that you want to build up a tribe, develop the game world, and enjoy the wide variety of crafting on offer.

You are being shortsighted. There are dynamics and metagames involved with being able to PvP inside of a tribe's area. It's not necessarily about "grief", although it could be for some. Territory control would be very watered down if a safety switch was implemented. And, who would risk their property if given an option not to? Not many at all... If any at all.

Any kind of territory control can, and would, be driven by safety tribes if a switch of some type was implemented. That isn't good gameplay. What is good gameplay in an open-PvP game? A meaningful alignment system.

JCatano
02-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Look, last time I'm responding to you on this one. Here is the short and sweet answer to your comment. One comment, one statement, out of hundreds, thats what your basing your entire argument on. Game has open world PvP. Thats it, thats all your reading, thats your entire stand point. Yup, I'm happy for ya, it has open world PvP. Now, your arguing with a PvPer about PvP. See how stupid you look?

You just dont get it do ya? This game is not your game. I'm perfectly fine with everything that is in this game now, as it was months ago, and as it will be months from now. You on the other hand appearantly are not. So lets use your words shall we.... "Buying the client is saying you're OK with it." Did you buy it? Then your ok with it, so sit down and shut up. Oh, your not ok with it? Well why the hell did you buy it if you knew you were getting into a world building PvE game that only slightly focused on PvP? You knew exactly what you were getting into, afterall you have been complaining about it since day one pretty much. I've been here for near a year now too just like you, and you haven't let up once on wanting to change this game to suit YOUR desires. Have ya won yet? Just asking, no need to answer, cause I already know.

Want to know what I bought?

11.) Will there be PvP?

Yes, the game is open PVP with consequences and a sparring / training combat mode. In the early Prelude towns will be safe zones.

---

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/32-Conflict-Death-Consequences-and-Decisions

---

Yes, the game has world building tools. It doesn't mean it's only a world bulding game. Maybe, you thought you bought a game with only that.

I don't care if you're a PvP'er, jessie.

river111
02-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you for proving me right yet again. :)

Burnt
02-21-2011, 10:13 PM
You are being shortsighted. There are dynamics and metagames involved with being able to PvP inside of a tribe's area. It's not necessarily about "grief", although it could be for some. Territory control would be very watered down if a safety switch was implemented. And, who would risk their property if given an option not to? Not many at all... If any at all.

Any kind of territory control can, and would, be driven by safety tribes if a switch of some type was implemented. That isn't good gameplay. What is good gameplay in an open-PvP game? A meaningful alignment system.

wow dude, you didn't read what I quoted did you? Xsyon explicitly stated that tribe switches/toggles were never planned. If you read what he said, It is actually long-sighted for tribes near the lake to have protection, as a baseline, pretty much the aim of prelude. You could compare that to High sec space in eve. In my view it seems that expansions outward will be more dangerous and (probably) more valuable, which is attractive to both pvp'rs and 'carebears'.

I also completely agree, the alignment system should be meaningful. And from what I know it is planned to be. Stand back and look at xsyon, and appreciate the logic :)

JCatano
02-21-2011, 10:31 PM
wow dude, you didn't read what I quoted did you? Xsyon explicitly stated that tribe switches/toggles were never planned. If you read what he said, It is actually long-sighted for tribes near the lake to have protection, as a baseline, pretty much the aim of prelude. You could compare that to High sec space in eve. In my view it seems that expansions outward will be more dangerous and (probably) more valuable, which is attractive to both pvp'rs and 'carebears'.

I also completely agree, the alignment system should be meaningful. And from what I know it is planned to be. Stand back and look at xsyon, and appreciate the logic :)

I read exactly what you quoted and wrote. You replied by saying that the only reason you can see someone not wanting safe zones is to be able to get "easy kills'. While that may be true for some, it's not true for everyone, especially when you factor in town conquest.

---

river -

Me quoting what a lot of you imply was never meant to be doesn't mean it's the only thing I enjoy doing. If that was the case, I'd only play DF... Or Quake. Many of us are looking for more depth, and that includes PvP.

Burnt
02-21-2011, 10:37 PM
I read exactly what you quoted and wrote. You replied by saying that the only reason you can see someone not wanting safe zones is to be able to get "easy kills'. While that may be true for some, it's not true for everyone, especially when you factor in town conquest.

Thankyou for reading exactly what I quoted and wrote. I'm going to assume you agree and understand now, because you are happy to leave it. Yes, I do think the only reason someone would not want safe zones as of now is because factoring in a game mechanic nowhere near implementation is not very relative.

Sorry if that comes off the wrong way, but I am just trying to be clear, and understand your point of view.

DaAzub
02-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Carebears, will be Carebears. Point.

JCatano
02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Thankyou for reading exactly what I quoted and wrote. I'm going to assume you agree and understand now, because you are happy to leave it. Yes, I do think the only reason someone would not want safe zones as of now is because factoring in a game mechanic nowhere near implementation is not very relative.

Sorry if that comes off the wrong way, but I am just trying to be clear, and understand your point of view.

But... It could be to get some loot from the person, keep them from gathering so their town creation (or empire in the making) is a slower process... Things of that nature. Those are legitimate reasons.

mgilbrtsn
02-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Hmmm, a very contentious issue indeed.

Here is what I believe to be the current state of affairs.

*. The game is FFA pvp
* The game while it has pvp, it is not intended to be the primary objective
*. After prelude there will be a tribal warfare system, of which little is known yet
*. Based on what I'm reading, safe zones will eventually disappear (I think)

If these things are true, then I don't think any side that is 'it needs to be a hardcore pvp game' or 'it needs to be a purely pve game' will ever be happy. The fact is that there is supposed to be a happy medium that MOST ppl will enjoy. I for one like this and plan to avail myself in world building, tribal warfare, the occasional pvp ambush, and every other aspect the game has to offer.

river111
02-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Actually, after further thought i think these guys should have thier PvP server. On that server there will be no constructed walls, every tribe will be surounded by 15 foot high terraformed walls. There wont be any buildings except those needed to protect thier items from decay, and those will be the easiest to construct only. There will be no fear of a totem being destoryed because it will also be protected by a 15 foot high terraformed wall with no way in to it without a shovel and a bucket full of dirt (this will be hidden someplace in the woods far enough away to not be found or lost). There wont be any need to worry about scrap pile depletion, because goods will be recycled from player to player, with half of them running around naked with starter weapons. Eventually, a few tribes will realize they dont even need to be in a tribe, all they need is Teamspeak. SO they will disband thier tribes and go it solo on homesteads so they can plop one down where ever they need to dig a pit or build a wall, only to abandon it again so its ready to place in 6 hours when they need to dig another pit or build another wall. Trees will be cut down but not chopped up or utalized so there will be ample ambush/hiding spots. In 2 months the landscape will resemble a modern paintball tournament field, dirt walls and pits everywhere.

In about 6 months, the PvP crowd will bore of thier pantball game and want somethign more to do. So they will abandon the PvP server and reroll on the PvE server so they can spark it up some after Prelude ends. This is good for them, as they got all kinds of fresh meat to hunt, exctiting again. Not so good for Notorious Games though, who had to foot the bill for the additional hardware and ISP pipes, but hey, what do the players care right? They payed thier $40 up front and thier $15 a month for thier entertainment. Who gives a damn about NG!

Ok, well maybe it will work afterall, I say do it for them - I just wanna see screenshots of the mess they are gonna make in thier sandbox.

willbonney
02-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Hey all. Would you all mind going to my "suggestion" post in the suggestion thread and submitting your thoughts/ideas on the idea I had for a PvP system. I'd appreciate it a lot.

For those about to Troll me, I salute you. ;P

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3869-My-PvP-Idea?p=46852#post46852

carlosfc1986
02-22-2011, 05:29 AM
please....in 1 month players from normal will be bored and theyll come to the pvp to find is much more amusing and rewarding.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 06:31 AM
as i said in another thread i've also had a change of heart

I've changed my mind after some thought, i'd rather them bring up another server to be in chaos mode so most of the gankers will head over there and real pvp players that intend to use the features as they should instead of just ganking everyone on sight can be on the main server. I'd rather have a smaller population than be ganked every 5 minutes as happens in most games like DF, MO and so far xsyon.

markyturner
02-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Troll poll.

galagah
02-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Sure , i say give them their PvP server from the start , but make Accounts " Bound " to it , due to the extra cost to Notorious Games .

Then after 6 to 8 months when there is no population left except for 5 or so die hards ( as in most games with Normal AND a seperate PvP server ) they can rebuy the game and join the rest of us on the normal server that has both PvE and PvP available .

Or , heaven forbid , they can actually make the most of Xyson as it is on the one server with a larger population and see how it goes . PvP is still available in the rest of the world , just not currently on tribal areas . That leaves quite a lot of hunting ground for PvPers to play on .