PDA

View Full Version : To the PKers

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
You want to be the bad guys, robbing from the rich and the poor and everyone in between except your own tribe and tribal alliance (and sometimes even them!) and that's great. Game worlds with this pvp element need you, at least to a certain extent, otherwise it's boring. But the predator to prey ratio is way out of whack in every ffa pvp game I've tried. There are way too many of you, and instead of fighting each other, you 'play politics' and gang up to more swiftly and efficiently crush everyone else in the game.

Sure, your victims will rebuild if they lose something sometimes or even everything once in a great while to a tiny handful of roaming predators, but when a big chunk of the game's population is out killing and destroying, your tree chopping, skinning, and crafting crowd is going to go play something else or join your bad guy crowd, thus further depleting your prey.

And the 'politics' people talk about in these games just boils down to plotting with your fellow predators to gang up and crush your enemies in a nice, uneven 10 to 1 battle.

Politics are also a bit about finding and persuading other players to become in house crafters and gatherers to supply the predators with fresh gear when they happen to lose a battle, which gets very boring and confining for the crafters and gatherers very quickly.

r4NGe
02-21-2011, 01:10 PM
So you would prefer to craft one outfit, prance around the campfire, and be done with it?

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 01:18 PM
So you would prefer to craft one outfit, prance around the campfire, and be done with it?

I was going to strut with restrained elegence.

Anyway, debate is over, questions are answered, guess I better go work on that outfit now.

Do you think bright green and blue feathers for my hair would be a bit over the top?

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 01:20 PM
whine before a wipe .. priceless :D

Wasn't whining. Was actually hoping some of the local predators could either refute my conclusions or come up with a way to restrict their numbers while actually expanding their freedom to wreak havoc. But it doesn't matter anymore. Now I just need to know about those feathers.

Niburu
02-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Stay in your safezone, hire others for gathering, hire others for hunting the guys, craft them armor and weapons as reward...

mcdowellbri
02-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I was going to strut with restrained elegence.

Anyway, debate is over, questions are answered, guess I better go work on that outfit now.

Do you think bright green and blue feathers for my hair would be a bit over the top?

Neon pink works much better, makes you easier to spot as completely worthless at a distance.

You have to have the drive to be the best, if that means you have to break a few noob eggs along the way to get the job done so be it

ifireallymust
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Neon pink works much better, makes you easier to spot as completely worthless at a distance.

You have to have the drive to be the best, if that means you have to break a few noob eggs along the way to get the job done so be it

Ah, words of wisdom. But you see, I never wanted a pve world. I'm fine with leaving my safe zone and risking death and losing what I have on me. Neon pink. Hm. No, sorry, it would clash with the feathers.

Now the sequins idea...wrong gender, by the way, but if you want to picture me as a six foot tall drag queen with giant blue fake eyelashes go for it, won't bother me a bit...anyway, sequins...hm.

Trigun
02-21-2011, 03:39 PM
now build stuff is useless ... so the only funny thing is kill other people ^^
for example now i'm killing people but when after the wipe i use my time for build the village with my tribe :)

iraclear
02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
You want to be the bad guys, robbing from the rich and the poor and everyone in between except your own tribe and tribal alliance (and sometimes even them!) and that's great. Game worlds with this pvp element need you, at least to a certain extent, otherwise it's boring. But the predator to prey ratio is way out of whack in every ffa pvp game I've tried. There are way too many of you, and instead of fighting each other, you 'play politics' and gang up to more swiftly and efficiently crush everyone else in the game.

Sure, your victims will rebuild if they lose something sometimes or even everything once in a great while to a tiny handful of roaming predators, but when a big chunk of the game's population is out killing and destroying, your tree chopping, skinning, and crafting crowd is going to go play something else or join your bad guy crowd, thus further depleting your prey.

And the 'politics' people talk about in these games just boils down to plotting with your fellow predators to gang up and crush your enemies in a nice, uneven 10 to 1 battle.

Politics are also a bit about finding and persuading other players to become in house crafters and gatherers to supply the predators with fresh gear when they happen to lose a battle, which gets very boring and confining for the crafters and gatherers very quickly.

DF would probably drive you insane. Just a cation.

DJSean00
02-21-2011, 09:23 PM
get over it, its a game mechanic

deal with the pain.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 09:40 AM
DF would probably drive you insane. Just a cation.

I tried DF. Boring beyond belief, very repetitive and restrictive. Getting ganked wasn't the issue, either. The issue was the hoops you had to jump through to do anything. Want a house? First, join guild. Second, take over a designated spot that is for housing. Third, hold that spot long enough to build your house. (Better make sure that guild is in a large coalition!). Utterly boring. Makes me yawn just thinking about it.

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 09:44 AM
I tried DF. Boring beyond belief, very repetitive and restrictive. Getting ganked wasn't the issue, either. The issue was the hoops you had to jump through to do anything. Want a house? First, join guild. Second, take over a designated spot that is for housing. Third, hold that spot long enough to build your house. (Better make sure that guild is in a large coalition!). Utterly boring. Makes me yawn just thinking about it.

I like darkfall personally however with that said this community should be careful in requesting the same features as darkfall and expecting a different game then darkfall.

Just something to think about, we have a baseline we can study now.

BigCountry
02-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah but unlike in Darkfall, in this game, if I know I am going to get zerged next week, I can at least prepare some sort of special defense for it (AKA construction + teraforming). Not to say that would exactly work if my enemy had spies, but it would as least give me hope.

The problem with Darkfall is the attacker always knew what your city looked like, what defenses you had, etc because everything was static. The only strategic play was numbers.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 09:52 AM
FabricSoftener: No argument from me, but waiting to see what will happen in a few months. Maybe there will be tools available to players to do something about it ourselves. I can think of several off the top of my head that might work if said players actually cared enough to take some responsibility for the defense of their own play styles.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 09:58 AM
I like darkfall personally however with that said this community should be careful in requesting the same features as darkfall and expecting a different game then darkfall.

Just something to think about, we have a baseline we can study now.

The problem with darkfall always was, that it was only based on pvp combat, little sand in the sandbox. Yes it did make you jump through a lot of hoops to get to the sand as well.

Nobody is here requesting for any of that, we just want the unrestricted "sandbox pvp" go go with the unrestricted sandbox pve.

Gankers wont be a problem, getting your camp wrecked wont be a problem, unless your an anti-social jerk.

The pvp crowd will gladly protect other peoples pve efforts, as we need them.

Again, no one is begging for the same exact features as darkfall, that would require them removing a lot of stuff to do so. The no rules pvp can work if people have the oppertunity to do things other than just gank and destroy.

Safezones are fine for now, as no one has a means to defend, however sucking at the safe-zone teat only makes the transition into "you can lose everything" that much harder.

Do we really want a game where i can terraform once and do nothing the rest of the game because it will never be attacked?

Wheres the RP spirit? Your now an advanced pve'er but your tribe has been wiped...would it be so horrible to have to rebuild, possibly better than before and learning from your mistakes? Perhaps you need to be closer to allies...or made an error in your defenses, or had a location that was far too strategic for what it was worth.

Even with no safteynet....some out of the way...middle of no where plots of land are as good as a safe zone....

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Yeah but unlike in Darkfall, in this game, if I know I am going to get zerged next week, I can at least prepare some sort of special defense for it (AKA construction + teraforming). Not to say that would exactly work if my enemy had spies, but it would as least give me hope.

The problem with Darkfall is the attacker always knew what your city looked like, what defenses you had, etc because everything was static. The only strategic play was numbers.

having an entire game mechanic the same as darkfall but in this game you can terraform is frankly not enough of a difference to expect a different result. I think if most people sit and think about it and are honest with themselves they can see that.

no offense but I have notice a lot of people just want to be able to trash Darkfall and then when they request the same features as darkfall they hide behind some minor difference that they claim will make all the difference in the world. Rather than being more honest with themselves or introspective to the larger outcomes of their requets be it good or bad (but I should clarify that I actually like darkfall)

Not sure if your one of those people or just simply havent fully thought thru everything :)

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 10:02 AM
The problem with darkfall always was, that it was only based on pvp combat, little sand in the sandbox. Yes it did make you jump through a lot of hoops to get to the sand as well.

Nobody is here requesting for any of that, we just want the unrestricted "sandbox pvp" go go with the unrestricted sandbox pve.

Gankers wont be a problem, getting your camp wrecked wont be a problem, unless your an anti-social jerk.

Again, no one is begging for the same exact features as darkfall, that would require them removing a lot of stuff to do so. The no rules pvp can work if people have the oppertunity to do things other than just gank and destroy.

Safezones are fine for now, as no one has a means to defend, however sucking at the safe-zone teat only makes the transition into "you can lose everything" that much harder.

Do we really want a game where i can terraform once and do nothing the rest of the game because it will never be attacked?

Wheres the RP spirit? Your now an advanced pve'er but your tribe has been wiped...would it be so horrible to have to rebuild, possibly better than before and learning from your mistakes? Perhaps you need to be closer to allies...or made an error in your defenses, or had a location that was far too strategic for what it was worth.

Even with no safteynet....some out of the way...middle of no where plots of land are as good as a safe zone....

In short you are saying (and I would agree mostly) that the darkfall combat system and pvp rule set is fine and should be used in a game like this however darkfall doesnt have much else intresting to do (like crafting, herding animals, building your own cities, dynamic mobs etc etc). On that I would agree 95%

That said, there is one change I would like to make to the darkfall/xsyon pvp engine. I would like to make it impossible to attack other people unless you are at war with them.
A war based pvp game should actually be that.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 10:12 AM
None of the differences between DF and Xsyon will stop the giant takeover zerg if safe zones are lifted and everything else remains as it is now in the game.

However, listen up, oh hardcore pvp zerg fans, I'll post this from another thread and you can tell me why this is a bad idea (in other words, you can cry and wail about how difficult the game would become for you-as opposed to how difficult you want to make it for small tribes of crafters and solo players):

I'm not really worried about the gankers out in the world, except they're not too bright if they're slaughtering new players, unless they want an empty game world.

But what I'd love to see for pkers who kill in the territory of other tribes (after Prelude, and not counting tribes who declare war on each other) is permadeath the next time they are killed (with no way to alter that status), expulsion from their tribes and membership only in tribes of other killers subject to permadeath, and inability to trade any item or work or fight with anyone not also subject to permadeath. You might kill a hundred crafters and wipe out a dozen small tribes if you have a big enough tribe, but one death, from falling, animals, or another player, and your character is done. Reroll, starting items only, no access to that character's storage, and unless you have a tribe willing to help you out, not even a place to call home until you make one for yourself again.

I think being a pker under those circumstances would be fun, trying to see how long I could stay alive, but I'm betting the vast majority of 'hard core killers' in this game would overflow Lake Tahoe with tears if this were implemented, and it would cut way down on the number of predator players and tribes in the game.

Zenmaster13
02-22-2011, 10:14 AM

Wow, very poor logic. First off, you are placing way to much faith in the gaming community. Do you honestly think that every good tribe or many for that matter are gonna come running across the map to defend every new player or griefed player?

Do you really think that the only reason people get ganked or griefed is because they are an anti-social jerk? How hypocritical of you. Gankers gank, and griefers grief because that is thier personality, not because of someone elses personality.

The way I see it now is: Why even bother to build, if it is just going to be destroyed. Might as well just plant baskets with gear all over the map, and go on a rampage when the safe zones are off. In other words building now is even more futile than the way the griefing crowd puts it. JCatano is the funniest though, saying if you don't build defenses, it's your own fault for being ganked/ griefed. BS. People like him just want the game to be for them, no comprimise.

Why you would want this game to be like darkfall, I don't know. Darkfall is already there. Why not let this game be different. How boring it would be to be the same as another game. I mean really, Darkfall is a game where trade-ganking is seen as a legitimate tactic.

Chavoda
02-22-2011, 10:16 AM
I would like to see homesteads declaring Loyalty to tribes (game mechanic) and thus creating area of influence, tribes having to declare war to tribes (not homesteads) and being able to raid those homesteads who are declared loyal to the enemy tribe. Neutral Homesteads should be raid able by any tribes at any time as a "soft"push to say.ahem..join us or......

then tribes would have a reason to protect homesteads or they would loose influence of a area. creates politics as well...

all to soon to say anyway.. we will see in a few months when things have calm down a little.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Neutral Homesteads should be raid able by any tribes at any time .

why? if anything the neutral tribes/homesteads should be the safe ones as those didn't pick a side and is there to benefit the other sides good and evil. most neutral tribes are going to be crafter/traders i'm sure.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Wow, very poor logic. First off, you are placing way to much faith in the gaming community. Do you honestly think that every good tribe or many for that matter are gonna come running across the map to defend every new player or griefed player?

Do you really think that the only reason people get ganked or griefed is because they are an anti-social jerk? How hypocritical of you. Gankers gank, and griefers grief because that is thier personality, not because of someone elses personality.

The way I see it now is: Why even bother to build, if it is just going to be destroyed. Might as well just plant baskets with gear all over the map, and go on a rampage when the safe zones are off. In other words building now is even more futile than the way the griefing crowd puts it. JCatano is the funniest though, saying if you don't build defenses, it's your own fault for being ganked/ griefed. BS. People like him just want the game to be for them, no comprimise.

Why you would want this game to be like darkfall, I don't know. Darkfall is already there. Why not let this game be different. How boring it would be to be the same as another game. I mean really, Darkfall is a game where trade-ganking is seen as a legitimate tactic.

How long did you play darkfall exactly?

Have you noticed that 90% of ganks result in your pants being removed only?

Perhaps the darkfall crowd has been labeld something it isnt..

In darkfall its all we had, this game offers more, and gives good reason to wreck and destroy. Yes im positive at least one or two tribes are going to RP evil...thats a route the game offers, and if you dont want to deal with it, better hope they dont allow safe zones come tribal warfare, otherwise you wont be able to remove that tribe from your area.

If you dont even want to bother building because of tribal warfare and full loot pvp...why the hell are you in a game with tribal warfare and full loot pvp..... that sounds like one epic logic fail to me.

I think it would be boring as hell to build a tribe, and never have a reason to do it again.

Again, people are taking exaggerated tales from darkfall and applying them to this game. Trade ganking was never legitimate, and those people had to hide and watch their back more than anyone, as they were targets by EVERYONE.

Look man if you wanted mincrafter, i have good news...they have a game called minecrafter.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 10:21 AM
full loot pvp doesn't even work ingame anyways, you get attack just run, jump in water and die there you can't currently be looted unless they have taken care of that recently in the last 2 days.

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 10:26 AM
How long did you play darkfall exactly?

Have you noticed that 90% of ganks result in your pants being removed only?

Perhaps the darkfall crowd has been labeld something it isnt..

In darkfall its all we had, this game offer more, and give good reason to wreck and destroy. Yes im positive at least one or two tribes are going to RP evil...thats a route the game offers, and if you dont want to deal with it, better hope they dont allow safe zones come tribal warfare.

If you dont even want to bother building because of tribal warfare and full loot pvp...why the hell are you in a game with tribal warfare and full loot pvp..... that sounds like one epic logic fail to me.

I think it would be boring as hell to build a tribe, and never have a reason to do it again.

I played darkfall for 2 years and am still playing. I find the world and the combat engine amazingly better than anything else I have ever played. I play for that as well as the demands for real grouping both in pve combat and crafting.

I also joined darkfall because I like the idea of clan vs clan 'meta' warfare (RTS in an RPG basically).

Despite what many pvp players think most of us are not going to give up all features we enjoy simply because someone can gank us and take our cloth armor, we have much thicker skin then that.

and yes, if there was a game like darkfall or xsyon out in the market place that has no pvp or pvp light I would abosolutly play but there isnt, so I deal with people killing me every once and awhile for my 1 thick plate metal while they think they are actually affecting my mood which as it turns out they have zero affect on me.

Chavoda
02-22-2011, 10:28 AM
why? if anything the neutral tribes/homesteads should be the safe ones as those didn't pick a side and is there to benefit the other sides good and evil. most neutral tribes are going to be crafter/traders i'm sure.

First not as reply,for random readers read my original 5min idea post a bit up..or you get confused :)

@MrKrueak incentive , thats all. players are not going to form up if they are in save zones all the time, there wont be politics if everyone and everyting is FFA ( well some minimal maybe) besites that, neutral tribes and homesteads as is will loose save zones anyway , might aswell pick one of the random tribes in the area and declare loyalty.

as its currently and only by known information there is no incentive to build up , no real reason for pvp but lulz. im sure the dev will add features for it but we all on the forum are just dreaming or screaming or whining or wahtever it is we do untill we know more.. its our nature ;)

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM
full loot pvp doesn't even work ingame anyways, you get attack just run, jump in water and die there you can't currently be looted unless they have taken care of that recently in the last 2 days.

Im waiting for the glorious day where the pve crowd learns to not carry things they dont immediatly need on them. Im waiting for the day the pve crowd learns there is no need to go out in full armor, if your not a combat character anyway. Im waiting for the day the pve crowd learns to just fight back when attacked....you will be plesantly surprised at how easy it is to turn a gank into a good feeling of success as you defend yourself and the area your in.

Im waiting for the day the pve crowd grows a pair, learns how to play, and actually starts to enjoy playing in such a risky setting.

It will happen, resource hunters will one day shed their "deer in headlights" attitude when confronted with a ganker, and realize that even if you loose, your only losing a few items that you can craft gain anyway...all the more reason to pve more right?

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM
First not as reply,for random readers read my original 5min idea post a bit up..or you get confused :)

@MrKrueak incentive , thats all. players are not going to form up if they are in save zones all the time, there wont be politics if everyone and everyting is FFA ( well some minimal maybe) besites that, neutral tribes and homesteads as is will loose save zones anyway , might aswell pick one of the random tribes in the area and declare loyalty.

as its currently and only by known information there is no incentive to build up , no real reason for pvp but lulz. im sure the dev will add features for it but we all on the forum are just dreaming or screaming or whining or wahtever it is we do untill we know more.. its our nature ;)

Definition of Politics in a FFA full loot pvp game:

Hi, neighbor, I have 20 people skilled and geared for pvp, and you have 20 people skilled and geared for pvp, and our other neighbor there by the nice big pile of junk has 10 crafters. How about you and us team up and slaughter those noobs, then take all their stuff and dance in the rain of their carebear tears?

Okay, sweet!

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I played darkfall for 2 years and am still playing. I find the world and the combat engine amazingly better than anything else I have ever played. I play for that as well as the demands for real grouping both in pve combat and crafting.

I also joined darkfall because I like the idea of clan vs clan 'meta' warfare (RTS in an RPG basically).

Despite what many pvp players think most of us are not going to give up all features we enjoy simply because someone can gank us and take our cloth armor, we have much thicker skin then that.

and yes, if there was a game like darkfall or xsyon out in the market place that has no pvp or pvp light I would abosolutly play but there isnt, so I deal with people killing me every once and awhile for my 1 thick plate metal while they think they are actually affecting my mood which as it turns out they have zero affect on me.

*slow clap*

I would expect a fellow DF player to get it.

We just need to turn these pve players who are living in fear because they have yet to adapt and get over the learning curve bump.

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Im waiting for the glorious day where the pve crowd learns to not carry things they dont immediatly need on them. Im waiting for the day the pve crowd learns there is no need to go out in full armor, if your not a combat character anyway. Im waiting for the day the pve crowd learns to just fight back when attacked....you will be plesantly surprised at how easy it is to turn a gank into a good feeling of success as you defend yourself and the area your in.

Im waiting for the day the pve crowd grows a pair, learns how to play, and actually starts to enjoy playing in such a risky setting.

It will happen, resource hunters will one day shed their "deer in headlights" attitude when confronted with a ganker, and realize that even if you loose, your only losing a few items that you can craft gain anyway...all the more reason to pve more right?

In this game if you are a crafter and have crafter stats it really doesnt make any sense to fight back. In fact if you want to 'fight' not fighting at all and taking your losses as they come is the best counter-attack anyway.

In darkfall I would go out and do my pve fun and if I got killed ok whatever would be my take on the subject but in that game you actually lost something of value. In this game there really isnt any pve combat runs to make in the first place so your right, it doesnt make sense to go out geared unless you are looking for pvp anyway.

I know some fairly hardcore pvp players and to be honest they would not waste their time running around killing afk fishers for 2 fish anyway.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
*slow clap*

We just need to turn these pve players who are living in fear because they have yet to adapt and get over the learning curve bump.

Calling BS. It's not 'deep politics' or 'cunning strategy' requiring a learning curve to team up with a bunch of other pvpers and sweep through the game world, leaving a path of death and destruction in your wake. It's ridiculously easy to do, and only another, equally geared, equal sized zerg going the opposite direction will slow you down or stop you. Which leads to everyone joining some huge tribe or coalition of tribes and playing the exact same way as everyone else, every day. It's incredibly boring and pointless.

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 10:40 AM
*slow clap*

you got me confused there but ok whatever.

If I was a pvp player to be honest I would not be at all intrested in fighting with people who didnt want to fight in the first place. It doesnt make me, end the day, feel as if I have accomplished something. To be frank most pvp players (at least the ones in the Darkfall community) feel the same way which is why in darkfall its fairly common to get your stuff back in and around nooby areas. Most players are just practicing and not exactly excited about being the kick ass guy who killed someone who wasnt even at the keyboard!

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 10:43 AM
i'm waiting for the day the pvp crowd to understand that not everything is about PVP. PVP is a very small portion of the game, pvp is simply 2 or 3 features in the list of 100 others that is pve related. MOST of the pvp crowd doesn't even know what true pvp is! hell pvp is not even about fighting, it can be trading, it can be crafting it's player vs player and that can be anything not just killing another.

simply put, pvp is a misused term

Zenmaster13
02-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Funny stuff. You are lumping all the PVE crowd as you call it into one group. Here is some information for you. There are people who just PVE, there are people who just PVP, and there are also people who enjoy both.

Waiting until the PVE crowd grows a pair. Seriously, do you really equate PVP in a game of all places, to having a pair. Again, more useless logic.

It's not hard to figure out that most PVErs will be running around naked, because they don't want to lose loot. This is not rocket science, and you are not brilliant for having this basic idea.

As for not building, well If I happen to be a solo player, and I don't want to PVP( I personally am in a tribe btw), then I should be able to have my safezone homestead. If said player is wanting to be more hardcore, then they could build a solo keep, etc. and go PVP mode. Otherwise as a solo non PVP player, it is pointless to build for months. If a tribe wants war, they accept the fact that they might lose fortifications.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 10:49 AM
i'm waiting for the day the pvp crowd to understand that not everything is about PVP. PVP is a very small portion of the game, pvp is simply 2 or 3 features in the list of 100 others that is pve related. MOST of the pvp crowd doesn't even know what true pvp is! hell pvp is not even about fighting, it can be trading, it can be crafting it's player vs player and that can be anything not just killing another.

Your right!

But for those of us who take the pvp route, over making a wicked crafter, all we end up doing is creating a need for someone like you to create. We create the market, you supply the goods...simple as that.

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Funny stuff. You are lumping all the PVE crowd as you call it into one group. Here is some information for you. There are people who just PVE, there are people who just PVP, and there are also people who enjoy both.

Waiting until the PVE crowd grows a pair. Seriously, do you really equate PVP in a game of all places, to having a pair. Again, more useless logic.

It's not hard to figure out that most PVErs will be running around naked, because they don't want to lose loot. This is not rocket science, and you are not brilliant for having this basic idea.

As for not building, well If I happen to be a solo player, and I don't want to PVP( I personally am in a tribe btw), then I should be able to have my safezone homestead. If said player is wanting to be more hardcore, then they could build a solo keep, etc. and go PVP mode. Otherwise as a solo non PVP player, it is pointless to build for months. If a tribe wants war, they accept the fact that they might lose fortifications.

agreed.

if its not pvp for a specific reason between two tribes I personally couldnt care less. warfare I find fun, randomly hunting players who are afk I dont find so much fun, nor do many pvp players for that matter.

besides, my pair is not only grown its also dropped a long time ago.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Your right!

But for those of us who take the pvp route, over making a wicked crafter, all we end up doing is creating a need for someone like you to create. We create the market, you supply the goods...simple as that.

Jean Baptiste Emanuel Zorg called. He would like his justifications back.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Your right!

but you shoot yourself in the foot when you guys kill the players that want to supply the goods and doesn't enjoy pvp, those players will end up quitting and then you yourself will end up having to do something you don't like such as crafting to supply yourself, this is where most ffa games fail, because the crafters will leave.

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 10:53 AM
but you shoot yourself in the foot when you guys kill the players that want to supply the goods and doesn't enjoy pvp, those players will end up quitting and then you yourself will end up having to do something you don't like such as crafting to supply yourself, this is where most ffa games fail, because the crafters will leave.

I cant speak for all pve focused players but at least for myself I dont end up quiting I just ignore it and then dont trade you later :)

actually that last part is not even true. I trade, I usually forget about the entire pvp event about 30 seconds after it happens. Although there are some cases in darkfall when it ruined about 1/2 of my day. i think that is about max

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 10:54 AM
I cant speak for all pve focused players but at least for myself I dont end up quiting I just ignore it and then dont trade you later :) no i'm not saying all, i just am saying from experience in the past from other mmo's that died because of the pkers, most pure crafters will not want to put up with it no matter how good the system is.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 10:55 AM
you got me confused there but ok whatever.

If I was a pvp player to be honest I would not be at all intrested in fighting with people who didnt want to fight in the first place. It doesnt make me, end the day, feel as if I have accomplished something. To be frank most pvp players (at least the ones in the Darkfall community) feel the same way which is why in darkfall its fairly common to get your stuff back in and around nooby areas. Most players are just practicing and not exactly excited about being the kick ass guy who killed someone who wasnt even at the keyboard!

No but your last line, the part about not crying over losing an item that you need to spam to skill your crafting skills...top notch

I understand how you want to avoid non consensual pvp. However im like a walking pinata in game, i may be naked but if you actually fight back and kill me, there are prizes for all.

Its not about getting easy kills. I have no way to know how the player im jumping will react, of if hes got protection near by, or if hes actually a skilled pvper.

Its all about the unknown, and getting my ass handed to me, which happens, means that i remember that guy, and come back for the challange if i can find him

The noobs i kill (cant tell whos a noob) only has to worry about losing his pants, and a minuet of his time. Ok if i see a guy who has crafted tools in his inventory, and a bunch of valuables, i take them....he needs to learn why baskets are important anyway....and its just more prizes for whoever does hand my own ass to me.

Im not interested in killing defenseless noobs, and rarely go back for a second kill (QQing to me in whispers means i round the block and come back, this time wiping your inventory)

Plenty of noobs that i have ganked, were able to pve in peace near me...not interested now that i know....and now that noob has temporary protection, as im killing the next guy who comes by (if i can).

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 10:56 AM
no i'm not saying all, i just am saying from experience in the past from other mmo's that died because of the pkers, most pure crafters will not want to put up with it no matter how good the system is.

that is likely to be more true then I am willing to admit.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Random Pkers out in the world don't bother me. But if I end up having no safe place to store things and no safe place to craft, I'm not a crafter, am I?

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Ok...why are these players in a ffa pvp full loot game? One kill and they quit? Sorry...they were not going to last very long regardless....im a nice griefer and follow honerable rules when doing so.

Its when i start getting angry whispers from them, that i circle back and give them a real reason to cry.

I would make the estimate that not one player has rage quit this game because they were ganked.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Random Pkers out in the world don't bother me. But if I end up having no safe place to store things and no safe place to craft, I'm not a crafter, am I?

Without a pve'er to protect, and an unsafe tribe zone to partol...im not much of a pvper...am i?

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Ok...why are these players in a ffa pvp full loot game? One kill and they quit? Sorry...they were not going to last very long regardless....im a nice griefer and follow honerable rules when doing so.

Its when i start getting angry whispers from them, that i circle back and give them a real reason to cry.

I would make the estimate that not one player has rage quit this game because they were ganked.

whose to say it's one kill? maybe they were already kill 10 times in the last hour before you came along and killed them? it's not one kill that makes them leave it is the constant action of getting killed that makes them leave while they are simply trying to enjoy the 95% of the game that is NOT pvp related.

regardless whether the pvp crowd admits it or not it is the pve crowd is what makes or break a mmo, there is a reason the PVE servers are more populare then pvp servers when seperated and there is a reason that there is no good sandbox FFA pvp mmo out there. The ones that are has a mechanic to prevent those that don't want to deal with the hassle a way of staying out of the fray such as high sec in eve online. i keep point to eve because they are the only ones that have implement full lot pvp correctly IMO

orious13
02-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah I like open pvp and siege warfare, but more along the lines of Lineage 2. Rarely there were any pks because of the consequences. Safe zones yeah, but you still got wars and things that were consensual.

Guys I think that after a few months when resources are dying in the near vicinity that you will see the pve/crafter side walking out into the wilderness without being able to avoid pvp of any magnitude.

DF may be "ok" now with the ganking/griefing etc. BUT AT THE START it was NOT OK. This is why the current system is an AMAZING idea. I think that a lot of pve and crafter types will get tired of the safe zone as will the pvp types. People will not protect noobs or make a witch hunt for griefers and gankers if they have yet to improve themselves and progress their characters. I'd love to fight back those people, but I'm not going to do it when I'm nowhere near satisfied with my own character. Maybe that's me... but I'm for sure not alone.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah I like open pvp and siege warfare, but more along the lines of Lineage 2. Rarely there were any pks because of the consequences. Safe zones yeah, but you still got wars and things that were consensual.

Guys I think that after a few months when resources are dying in the near vicinity that you will see the pve/crafter side walking out into the wilderness without being able to avoid pvp of any magnitude.

DF may be "ok" now with the ganking/griefing etc. BUT AT THE START it was NOT OK. This is why the current system is an AMAZING idea. I think that a lot of pve and crafter types will get tired of the safe zone as will the pvp types. People will not protect noobs or make a witch hunt for griefers and gankers if they have yet to improve themselves and progress their characters. I'd love to fight back those people, but I'm not going to do it when I'm nowhere near satisfied with my own character. Maybe that's me... but I'm for sure not alone.

So you want so many restriction, in a sandbox, that nobody pk's? Terrible idea...and lineage was a horrible game.

terrible...just terrible idea...

Dubanka
02-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Its not about getting easy kills. I have no way to know how the player im jumping will react, of if hes got protection near by, or if hes actually a skilled pvper.

Its all about the unknown, and getting my ass handed to me, which happens, means that i remember that guy, and come back for the challange if i can find him

Flipping a gank on it's head is one of the more enjoyable mmo experiences. Case in point: last night, while exploring the wilds of the Tahoe basin...
Our merry band ported into squaw, and lo we were met by a pair of mighty noob slayers. Well our would be noob slayers were not expecting 5 log ins...so the pair focused on the first login (moi) who fought a valiant but otherwise futile battle against better equipped toons...but alas, all was not lost, for with his dying breath our hero summoned Friends who wrought beautiful vengeance upon the foul pvp L337zors. Their goods were divided amongs the merry band who then set out to...oh ,kill one again as he mistook their departure from the region as a signal to set ambush for future noobs...and then he was rendered nekkid.

it was a beautiful thing.

One thing about that the frothing at the mouth pve crowd misunderstands, is there is not a single type of 'pvp' player. Yes you've got your ganks...you also have your hunters, and your protectors, and your rpr's. The ganks are typically the smallest worry of the bunch, as they (typically) are the least organized, and tend to suffer from add (exceptions of course). Your gank will typically exploit an advantage when there is one, and run to the hills when (s)he senses any degree of parity or risk (otherwise known as mad skillz). Now the majority of your pvp crowd is in search of some type of challenge, whether that is territorial based, elitism (I KILLED ALL 100 of YOU WITH JUST 5 of US!!), pure bad blood (a lot of history with some us), or some combination of...it's about the challenge. Now, if you're in the way of that objective, you might have a problem (ie. don't be cryin if you allied with the wrong side)...otherwise, well there are typically bigger fish to fry.

Now the biggest danger in this environment is not the OMGPVPPLAYER...it is actually the carebear fearmonger pve player. Where, the pvp player, when faced with adversity will typically give it a go (the 'im yer huckleberry moment), the carebear will find every single friend, ally, animal, tree or rock that will help to come protect there pixels. of course the pvp players respond in kind (to both sides..enemy of my enemy all that) and, the zerg is born.

so. Fear not the PK or the PVP enthusiast, for he will not destroy your world...Fear the carebear, because when his pixels are in danger; he brings an end to all things his minions seek to ensure protection for eternity.

river111
02-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Jean Baptiste Emanuel Zorg called. He would like his justifications back.

Hahahahahahaha

This is priceless!!!

Haunt
02-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I am SO looking forward to the open PVP. Good fight out their Crazy Moe, you owned me today.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
So you want so many restriction, in a sandbox, that nobody pk's? Terrible idea...and lineage was a horrible game.

terrible...just terrible idea...

Has anyone yet suggested ending non-consensual pvp outside tribal boundaries? If so, I haven't seen any serious push for it. And the only thing I am concerned about is what will happen if safe zones are erased and no other changes are made to the game mechanics and no time or tools available for further preparation by players needing to defend themselves from huge, zerging war tribes.

If you kill me while I'm out of my tribal area, do you think I care? Sorry, I don't. And if a pvper wants to patrol with his crafter buddies so they can wander around the game world in safety, okay. And if pvpers want to defend resources near but not inside their tribal territory, that counts as defending their territory, doesn't it? You'll have more resources if you lock down those just outside your boundaries, and I'm sure most tribes will do just that. You could also look into hiring out as protection for travelling crafter traders if that interests you. All of this adds up to: I get to play my way, pkers get to play their way. Everyone happy, right? But oh, no, you want to attack me right now, as the game stands, inside the one tiny patch of ground where I store my tools and craft. That interferes with my gameplay, and gives you what benefit? None, really, except the ability to say you did it.

I also wish you guys who are attacking the noob starting areas would stop, because it makes us all look stupid.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Flipping a gank on it's head is one of the more enjoyable mmo experiences. Case in point: last night, while exploring the wilds of the Tahoe basin...
Our merry band ported into squaw, and lo we were met by a pair of mighty noob slayers. Well our would be noob slayers were not expecting 5 log ins...so the pair focused on the first login (moi) who fought a valiant but otherwise futile battle against better equipped toons...but alas, all was not lost, for with his dying breath our hero summoned Friends who wrought beautiful vengeance upon the foul pvp L337zors. Their goods were divided amongs the merry band who then set out to...oh ,kill one again as he mistook their departure from the region as a signal to set ambush for future noobs...and then he was rendered nekkid.

it was a beautiful thing.

One thing about that the frothing at the mouth pve crowd misunderstands, is there is not a single type of 'pvp' player. Yes you've got your ganks...you also have your hunters, and your protectors, and your rpr's. The ganks are typically the smallest worry of the bunch, as they (typically) are the least organized, and tend to suffer from add (exceptions of course). Your gank will typically exploit an advantage when there is one, and run to the hills when (s)he senses any degree of parity or risk (otherwise known as mad skillz). Now the majority of your pvp crowd is in search of some type of challenge, whether that is territorial based, elitism (I KILLED ALL 100 of YOU WITH JUST 5 of US!!), pure bad blood (a lot of history with some us), or some combination of...it's about the challenge. Now, if you're in the way of that objective, you might have a problem (ie. don't be cryin if you allied with the wrong side)...otherwise, well there are typically bigger fish to fry.

Now the biggest danger in this environment is not the OMGPVPPLAYER...it is actually the carebear fearmonger pve player. Where, the pvp player, when faced with adversity will typically give it a go (the 'im yer huckleberry moment), the carebear will find every single friend, ally, animal, tree or rock that will help to come protect there pixels. of course the pvp players respond in kind (to both sides..enemy of my enemy all that) and, the zerg is born.

so. Fear not the PK or the PVP enthusiast, for he will not destroy your world...Fear the carebear, because when his pixels are in danger; he brings an end to all things his minions seek to ensure protection for eternity.

I would also like to add to this magnificant post...that its these very same "frothing at the mouth pve'ers" that then take their issues stright into chat and whispers. Letting loose a slurry of foul language and insults..the type of thing they themself figure is reserved striclty for the pvper scumbags.

Most gankers are simply ganking you because they dont know if your a noob or if your a pro...or if ganking you will result in a tibal zerg, wich is always fun even if its 5 to 1 and i go down fast.

This game isnt focused on combat enough to really get those crappy elite "win at all costs and never let yourself lose" type of pvpers....the kind that use hacks and cheats and wont ever fight a battle that they know they cant easily win.

Cant wait to see how these fearful pve'ers react when were actually able to loot them....these are the people that i uaualy wipe their inventory, because they are the only ones who carry all their valuables on them, like idiots.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Cant wait to see how these fearful pve'ers react when were actually able to loot them....these are the people that i uaualy wipe their inventory, because they are the only ones who carry all their valuables on them, like idiots.

You and I wouldn't have any issues at all if you encountered me out and about and killed me. I don't carry what I can't replace and most of the time I won't bother even saying anything to you, unless I decide to fight back, and then a 'good fight' might be appropriate as we go our separate ways.

But since you're pretty much saying that anyone who risks what they can't replace is an idiot, I'd be an idiot not to worry that the location where I can stash my irreplaceable items will no longer be safe, correct?

Doc
02-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Meh, more whines from griefers/gankers how they cannot grief/gank. *Yawn*

Haunt
02-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Meh, more whines from griefers/gankers how they cannot grief/gank. *Yawn*

And you felt the need to click on the thread and also post in it. Who is the bigger loser?

Dubanka
02-22-2011, 12:19 PM
But since you're pretty much saying that anyone who risks what they can't replace is an idiot, I'd be an idiot not to worry that the location where I can stash my irreplaceable items will no longer be safe, correct?

i'm a noob, but i'd be curious as to what's irreplaceable? if your bins are set to 'private' i can't loot them...so its safe in there...so unless you've got it on your person?

*shrug* only pixels. If it were some uber one of kind crafting trinket, i'd wager you could probably buy it back from me :)

Doc
02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
And you felt the need to click on the thread and also post in it. Who is the bigger loser?

The one who actually responds with your kind of response. I lost few minutes of my life to skim through the nonsense, and well, they are gone *cries*

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 12:26 PM
i'm a noob, but i'd be curious as to what's irreplaceable? if your bins are set to 'private' i can't loot them...so its safe in there...so unless you've got it on your person?

*shrug* only pixels. If it were some uber one of kind crafting trinket, i'd wager you could probably buy it back from me :)

really that is true. its not like people put in 1000 count of items to craft afk or something. All you would lose is what you are currently crafting and 9times out of 10 you are crafting at your bucket anyway.

I really do not see this safe zone business as a big deal either way to be honest. Although to be frank it has allowed me to get on with my business without others grieving me while at the same time providing our guards with what they want to do too.

Deacon
02-22-2011, 12:26 PM

you, because you felt the need to reply to it...oh wait...now you have me doing it ACK!!!!!!

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
You and I wouldn't have any issues at all if you encountered me out and about and killed me. I don't carry what I can't replace and most of the time I won't bother even saying anything to you, unless I decide to fight back, and then a 'good fight' might be appropriate as we go our separate ways.

Well you would be kind of dumb to head out in hard to craft armor, with no intetions of fighting back, or any ability to do so...if your going to be an easy target, the sooner you should learn that you shouldnt take out with you things your not willing to lose.

The same way that i, as a ganker, only really take prizes for those who kill me, with me. If i do go out decked out in gear, its for a reason, and im going for someone specifically.

Im not interested in your PVE gear, tbh, its more testing the water, seeing who around me is a good pvp fight.

Will they make baskets lootable and destoyable without a safezone? Will they add safes and methods of storage that cannot be broken into without some serious effort? Im not sure. However, yes you would be an idiot to store valuable things in an unsafe spot with no defenses to protect it. Its why you lock the doors to your home, despite someone could still break in and steal something. I would have the same risk as you in this aspect. The key is to either have a well hidden spot, good defenses, or some type of storage unit that you couldnt just walk up to and loot....possibly something with a code or pasword to enter...like a real safe.

Im not sure if its bugs, but any old basket on the gound needs permission to access...i saw baskets outside of safezones and i could only look at them and wonder what was inside...im fine with this, i see no need to be empyting out anyones storage...just whats on you.

Now...if your tribe was about to be warred by another tribe...perhaps it would be better to move all valuable to another location, as you should be able to destroy it all during a tribal war.

Doc
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
you, because you felt the need to reply to it...oh wait...now you have me doing it ACK!!!!!!

You are IT! ;P

Haunt
02-22-2011, 12:30 PM

It is a vicious cycle indeed. ;)

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 12:31 PM

You can't loot my bins until and unless tribal areas are no longer safe. After that I'm assuming you'll be able to drop your totem and either take everything in the area or at least keep me from returning to it.

Haunt
02-22-2011, 12:31 PM
And for the record, I think the answer is "no one" as having an opinion doesn't make you a loser. I was just sayin'

rixk
02-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Your right!

That is not that simple. One clan doesn't need any crafting aid outside. If there are designated crafters in clan(and there will be), then crafters will be powerleveled up in no time and single crafter can supply whole clan, especially considering, that everyone can be resource gatherer and there won't be shortage of resources. And that is another "flaw" that non-PvP-ers can't apply "pressure" to PvP clans. Politics doesn't only mean that you draw your sword when you want something.

Personally I liked Fallen Earths crafting(especially vehicle line), it took loads of materials to level it up, but in addition to complete each one of the recipes took a lot of time too. Result was, that even when crafter who tried to level up, joined a clan where material supply was unlimited, it still took personal dedication from that crafter to level up that line(means that it limited the number of crafters). Also once someone who showed up that dedication, got to the level where he could make all vehicles, he still couldn't flood his clan/market with vehicles. Simply because it just took 3-4 days(can't remember how long it exactly was) to craft one. That meant, that if someone who wanted to have that cool vehicle, had to look outside his clan to buy one.

Dubanka
02-22-2011, 12:41 PM
You can't loot my bins until and unless tribal areas are no longer safe. After that I'm assuming you'll be able to drop your totem and either take everything in the area or at least keep me from returning to it.

now again, thinking strategically :p

if i'm under seige. I am going to smuggle everything of value that is not directly related to the defense of my assets, out to some nondescript homestead that does not show of having anything to do with me...for the sb vets...anon roller tree :)

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 12:45 PM
now again, thinking strategically :p

if i'm under seige. I am going to smuggle everything of value that is not directly related to the defense of my assets, out to some nondescript homestead that does not show of having anything to do with me...for the sb vets...anon roller tree :)

Maybe, but none of that is worked out yet, and there isn't even anything needing sieging yet, since after the final final wipe there won't be any defenses yet, but yesterday players were agitating for an end to safe zones or the drastic shortening of the time they will be in place, giving me and others no time to find out the status of baskets in a tribal area under attack or defeated and giving us no time to prepare those nondescript homesteads you speak of (if such are even possible).

Dirt
02-22-2011, 12:47 PM
i don't pk, havent ever killed another player. been online since 2001. Love the idea of a "mature" pvp where gankers arent put up with and random, pointless killings of newbs are disrespected by all and thereby lead to bad rep. and castration. Kill me for no reason while i am 1 mile from scrap pile, carrying a log on my back, up a granite cliff towards my home is fine and you should be required to get down on your knees and lick my pantsless nutsack before ganking me a second time. This would be a neat little feature which would make my pvp experience so much brighter. Keep the pvp honest you weiners, and you know who you are.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Hahahahahahaha

This is priceless!!!

Was hoping someone would catch it! Favorite scene of one of my all time favorite movies!

furanku
02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
You know I was reading this and well not all of it just OP and I wanted to just touch a few things quickly. (even if it has been said before)

Where my point is coming from: I played Ultima online Pre-Eagames and After Eagames took over. I was known as Galad the looter (so I was a pvp/pker, I also belong and lead the largest PK/PVP guild in UO "Fallen Lords") I've been in the middle of a 40 vs 40 , 1 vs 10 10 vs 1 even 1 vs 20 (1 begin me) .

To the Point:
I have seen pvping in all sides, and I'll say this there is NEVER a short supply of people to kill, either it be your allies, friends random joe carrying that 5M gold deed, or even the new guy who just got his house and you killed for his house key and waitied for him to logon and kill him inside his own house and loot it in front of him (bwahah)

People will always E-peen, whine, cry and even Ragequit hell, I've seen someone toss his monitor for getting killed one too many times. In this type of game, Teamwork is critical ! You need friends, Crafters, Pvpers, Guards, Nabors whom you have good relationship with. It all works together, and if you are the poor smuck that is getting killed over nad over and over by that asshole up the hill from your tribe's location. I promise you there is always some big shot asshole who he thinks is king shit that will defend you because his roleplaying ways tell him to.

On and ending note: I don't hate you roleplayers but I sure love killing you more than anyone else. ^_^

Dubanka
02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
On and ending note: I don't hate you roleplayers but I sure love killing you more than anyone else. ^_^

And nothing frustrates a pk more than getting pwnd by an rpfag :p

THE WRAITH OF MALORN BE FELT BY YOU HERETIC DIE.

and then they come back...and get the same result.

and then they send the tells.

-- diaf joo rpfaggot i did ur mom last nite noob

HERETIC YOUR WORDS OF SIN MEAN NOTHING. WHERE ARE YOU HIDING YOURSELF SO THAT I MAY COME AND SMITE YOU DOWN AND WATCH YOUR ENTRAILS DECORATE THE LAND

-- doood ur fckd up.

YOU CAN HIDE BUT YOUR STENCH OF SIN LINGERS. YOU DIE NOW
-- fck

and then you go and burn down their city. and they become the l337 pk guild that got pwn by that rp guild

and it's hilarious.

Xanther
02-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Kinda like we did last night, Dubs? That was kinda funny hearing "I just logged in and someone's camping the arrival point!" "I'm just gonna run around until you guys load in and we'll smash this jerk."

Good times were had and thanks for the kick start (tools & grass armor)!

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Kinda like we did last night, Dubs? That was kinda funny hearing "I just logged in and someone's camping the arrival point!" "I'm just gonna run around until you guys load in and we'll smash this jerk."

Good times were had and thanks for the kick start (tools & grass armor)!

Those were my tools =(

furanku
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
And nothing frustrates a pk more than getting pwnd by an rpfag :p

THE WRAITH OF MALORN BE FELT BY YOU HERETIC DIE.

and then they come back...and get the same result.

and then they send the tells.

-- diaf joo rpfaggot i did ur mom last nite noob

HERETIC YOUR WORDS OF SIN MEAN NOTHING. WHERE ARE YOU HIDING YOURSELF SO THAT I MAY COME AND SMITE YOU DOWN AND WATCH YOUR ENTRAILS DECORATE THE LAND

-- doood ur fckd up.

YOU CAN HIDE BUT YOUR STENCH OF SIN LINGERS. YOU DIE NOW
-- fck

and then you go and burn down their city. and they become the l337 pk guild that got pwn by that rp guild

and it's hilarious.

I forever like you <3

karmamule
02-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Hmm, I just signed up for Xsyon because it has lots of promising features. While I am primarily into crafting/exploring I have no problem with a PVP game if it has good ideas behind it and a fun community.

Your idea of rp'ers speaking in some ridiculous middle-english like phrasing is as bad as someone who thinks all pvp-ers are mindless griefers/gankers. And using terms like 'rpfag'/'rpfaggot' and thinking it's funny or acceptable is disturbing. I don't have a problem with getting ganked in game, I'll deal with it. I *do* have a problem with people using terms that in RL are associated with hatred and violence. (Yes, I'm gay, and have first-hand experience with this.)

Is the Xyson community this immature and bigoted? Are you really living up (or is that down?) to people's worst stereotypes of what pvp'ers are like? Disappointing.

BigCountry
02-22-2011, 04:39 PM
karmamule you are always welcome here man. This community will be as diverse as you can imagine. That's the beauty of the sandbox.
:D

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Hmm, I just signed up for Xsyon because it has lots of promising features. While I am primarily into crafting/exploring I have no problem with a PVP game if it has good ideas behind it and a fun community.

Your idea of rp'ers speaking in some ridiculous middle-english like phrasing is as bad as someone who thinks all pvp-ers are mindless griefers/gankers. And using terms like 'rpfag'/'rpfaggot' and thinking it's funny or acceptable is disturbing. I don't have a problem with getting ganked in game, I'll deal with it. I *do* have a problem with people using terms that in RL are associated with hatred and violence. (Yes, I'm gay, and have first-hand experience with this.)

Is the Xyson community this immature and bigoted? Are you really living up (or is that down?) to people's worst stereotypes of what pvp'ers are like? Disappointing.

Unfortunately, the term is too widespread online. Has nothing to do at all with your sexual preference *remembers a Southpark episode this played out in and grins*, but it's a rude term, and I do wish people would stop using it. They won't, however. On the other hand, if you see someone use this or a similar expression in game, you can always report it in the guide channel and likely have the satisfaction of hearing the wails of the offender, now lost in green mist. :D

Larsa
02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
... Is the Xyson community this immature and bigoted? Are you really living up (or is that down?) to people's worst stereotypes of what pvp'ers are like? Disappointing.I agree with you. There has recently been an influx of players from Darkfall and other games. The tone of the discussion has changed quite a lot since. The players in question are probably used to the insults, foul language and general hatred on the Darkfall forums.

I was quite enthusiastic when I read about Xsyon and followed the development. Now I'm just worried that the game will rapidly change into just another gankfest griefer heaven type of game, a.k.a. Darkfall 2.0.

BigCountry
02-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Calm down guys, this game will nowhere near turn into Darkfall. The combat mechanics are way to primitive for the majority of that player base. You have nothing to worry about.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 04:48 PM

If people have right to RP a post apocolyptic bigot who is immature, you have the right to grief and loot them at every oppertunity.

His bigoted comments was a fictional scenario between a leet pvper (bigot and immature) vs mr rp (nutjob). And it was funny for this reason. This isnt a game where you want to be a marked man by the community for bigotry, however funny it may be.

karmamule
02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately, the term is too widespread online. Has nothing to do at all with your sexual preference *remembers a Southpark episode this played out in and grins*, but it's a rude term, and I do wish people would stop using it. They won't, however. On the other hand, if you see someone use this or a similar expression in game, you can always report it in the guide channel and likely have the satisfaction of hearing the wails of the offender, now lost in green mist. :D

ifireallymust, I know what you mean, and I actually am pretty hard to offend. Those two words are pretty much it because I have had friends in RL get beaten, stabbed, and robbed, and guess what was being yelled at them. Ok, maybe not the RP part, but you get the idea! ;-)

People are welcome to gank me, grief me, whatever. Insult my playing abilities, question my parentage, mock what I'm wearing, whatever. I hope to have friends and guildbuddies in game to keep things interesting if that happens, but I'm not going to just grin and bear it for that particular turn of phrase. I always speak out when I hear it because people need to understand why it's not just another insult for some people.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the game soon! I'll be the character scratching his head trying to figure out the basics....

Doc
02-22-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree with you. There has recently been an influx of players from Darkfall and other games. The tone of the discussion has changed quite a lot since. The players in question are probably used to the insults, foul language and general hatred on the Darkfall forums.

I was quite enthusiastic when I read about Xsyon and followed the development. Now I'm just worried that the game will rapidly change into just another gankfest griefer heaven type of game, a.k.a. Darkfall 2.0.

I share your concerns. We are in similar spot as far as Xsyon is concerned.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Honestly it doesn't matter to me if you are Gay, Straight, White, Asian, Korean, Japanese, American, Or even the guy with the stupid Bear Head Tourch up his ass ^_^ You all die the same, and carry neat stuff usually. ^_^ no need to bring your sexuality into it. But I will say I am sorry that Gay/Fag terms do offend you but, It has been in the gaming place for well over 2 decades, it is not personal just words people use.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
ifireallymust, I know what you mean, and I actually am pretty hard to offend. Those two words are pretty much it because I have had friends in RL get beaten, stabbed, and robbed, and guess what was being yelled at them. Ok, maybe not the RP part, but you get the idea! ;-)

People are welcome to gank me, grief me, whatever. Insult my playing abilities, question my parentage, mock what I'm wearing, whatever. I hope to have friends and guildbuddies in game to keep things interesting if that happens, but I'm not going to just grin and bear it for that particular turn of phrase. I always speak out when I hear it because people need to understand why it's not just another insult for some people.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the game soon! I'll be the character scratching his head trying to figure out the basics....

It's sad how the past isn't so long ago or even as in the past as it should be. It would be fine with me if insults on the internet could just be insults on the internet, with no hatred baggage, but then again, it's too easy to forget that all of the bigoted slurs people throw around online are still drenched in blood.

Don't worry though, it's true about the community not putting up with that kind of language. If you don't happen to report someone for it when you see it, I'm sure someone else will!

Edited to add: I bet furanku will even gank them extra for you if you let him know. ;)

karmamule
02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Honestly it doesn't matter to me if you are Gay, Straight, White, Asian, Korean, Japanese, American, Or even the guy with the stupid Bear Head Tourch up his ass ^_^ You all die the same, and carry neat stuff usually. ^_^ no need to bring your sexuality into it. But I will say I am sorry that Gay/Fag terms do offend you but, It has been in the gaming place for well over 2 decades, it is not personal just words people use.

It helps to know people are using it in a habitual way, but that doesn't make it ok. It's one thing to use 'gay' to = 'lame', I don't like that either but it's relatively innocuous. What I'm pointing out is that other terms carry a lot more "heat" with them, and are not so ok to use because there is lots of RL pain and suffering that they bring up for some people. I'm not going to go on some screaming crusade or try to censor people, but I *am* going to let them know that certain words are never good to use, even so casually.

My hope is that people will have enough decency and respect to break the habit. You can stomp all over me, steal my stuff, and call me names. I'm just saying drop a couple terms from the list.

I'm looking forward to crafting that Bear Head Torch you mentioned. Intriguing.... o.O

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
It's sad how the past isn't so long ago or even as in the past as it should be. It would be fine with me if insults on the internet could just be insults on the internet, with no hatred baggage, but then again, it's too easy to forget that all of the bigoted slurs people throw around online are still drenched in blood.

Don't worry though, it's true about the community not putting up with that kind of language. If you don't happen to report someone for it when you see it, I'm sure someone else will!

Edited to add: I bet furanku will even gank them extra for you if you let him know. ;)

I'd say this; I do not respond well to racistim but I have and I will say I have said "damnit that was gay" ^_^ sorry

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
I'd say this; I do not respond well to racistim but I have and I will say I have said "damnit that was gay" ^_^ sorry

My son is now in the habit of using that expression, too. I'm trying my best to break him of it. So next time you're tempted to throw that word around, think of the children who are about to get their XBox taken away! :)

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
It helps to know people are using it in a habitual way, but that doesn't make it ok. It's one thing to use 'gay' to = 'lame', I don't like that either but it's relatively innocuous. What I'm pointing out is that other terms carry a lot more "heat" with them, and are not so ok to use because there is lots of RL pain and suffering that they bring up for some people. I'm not going to go on some screaming crusade or try to censor people, but I *am* going to let them know that certain words are never good to use, even so casually.

My hope is that people will have enough decency and respect to break the habit. You can stomp all over me, steal my stuff, and call me names. I'm just saying drop a couple terms from the list.

I'm looking forward to crafting that Bear Head Torch you mentioned. Intriguing.... o.O

I need to tell the Developer about the bear head but, My son's godfather is gay so I understand what Gays do go through but, -_- even himself says " omg that that gay!" when it comes to gaming. Gay is the unversal in gaming world "lame" For me it is nothing person but I do not go around going " Hey Fag! " etc.. I don't tolerate that.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:21 PM
My son is now in the habit of using that expression, too. I'm trying my best to break him of it. So next time you're tempted to throw that word around, think of the children who are about to get their XBox taken away! :)

my son is three, yeah I am trying to not let him get into that habit too but.. DAMNIT ITS SOO HARD lol

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:27 PM
As much as im agaisnt hurting peoples feelings...ok im not, but it should never get personal and never cross the line into harassment or hate. However were all adults here, words are just words. Getting upset over words is probly the worst thing to get worked up about.

As someone who is at the recieving end of some of the most cruel and terrible words and phrases in game (yeah some people dislike getting ganked apparently, espeically multiple times) i have never felt the need to report them or fight back with words, they are afterall, just words.

Also im a HUGE fan of free speech, that includes offensive speech (but not obscene). Ill never take any steps towrds restricting another persons speech, that includes calling me some pretty terrible things as i loot your corpse.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
As much as im agaisnt hurting peoples feelings...ok im not, but it should never get personal and never cross the line into harassment or hate. However were all adults here, words are just words. Getting upset over words is probly the worst thing to get worked up about.

As someone who is at the recieving end of some of the most cruel and terrible words and phrases in game (yeah some people dislike getting ganked apparently, espeically multiple times) i have never felt the need to report them or fight back with words, they are afterall, just words.

Agreed. There is a line you can cross very eaisly if not paying attention.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:29 PM
my son is three, yeah I am trying to not let him get into that habit too but.. DAMNIT ITS SOO HARD lol

Of course it's hard, what can you take away from a 3 year old when he's bad? His teddybear? His blankie? That's not punishment, that's just mean. My kid, however, is a teenager, and he's been playing online games for awhile, but he's just now started picking up some words I don't use. So far looking at him and saying, "Don't use that word, people will assume you're a retarded bigot," hasn't worked, so he's about to meet up with some more severe consequences. Yep, that's right, I said 'retarded'. The one word of its kind that has found its way into my vocabulary. Guess maybe I should ground myself while I'm at it. :(

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Of course it's hard, what can you take away from a 3 year old when he's bad? His teddybear? His blankie? That's not punishment, that's just mean. My kid, however, is a teenager, and he's been playing online games for awhile, but he's just now started picking up some words I don't use. So far looking at him and saying, "Don't use that word, people will assume you're a retarded bigot," hasn't worked, so he's about to meet up with some more severe consequences. Yep, that's right, I said 'retarded'. The one word of its kind that has found its way into my vocabulary. Guess maybe I should ground myself while I'm at it. :(

true.

orious13
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
.... it's sad that people use words with miss-meanings like f to the a to the g has nothing to do with being homosexual. He's gay automatically means he's homosexual instead of the other 6 meanings it is.

Retarded can mean limited intellectual understanding.. in which case fits in a lot of ways that people say it shouldn't.

It's just like the "what does griefing/ganking/ffa pvp mean?" (tries to steer back on topic...)

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
.... it's sad that people use words with miss-meanings like f to the a to the g has nothing to do with being homosexual. He's gay automatically means he's homosexual instead of the other 6 meanings it is.

It's just like the "what does griefing/ganking/ffa pvp mean?" (tries to steer back on topic...)

I would help, but I'm grounded for sounding like a stupid bigot. Actually, I'll just play the five dollar game. You hear me use that word, I owe you five dollars. I hear you use that other word, you owe me five dollars. Kid always has more money somehow than I do anyway...

Oh wait. Topic. Back on. Hm. griefing is doing anything in game for the sole purpose of ruining another player's enjoyment of the game. Ganking is killing someone so ill-equipped in comparison to you (either because of skills, gear, inferior numbers, or just lack of pvp experience) that you know your opponent has no chance of winning. FFA pvp I always took to mean simply that you are not restricted to killing members of some opposite faction.

Destroyer
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
wow carebares or what

these type of games cater for crafters and PVP..how boring is a full crafting game with no risk attached..

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 07:06 PM
wow carebares or what

these type of games cater for crafters and PVP..how boring is a full crafting game with no risk attached..

Point me to the post where anyone is asking for a full crafting game with no pvp please. I didn't see one in this thread, and I know I sure didn't make one, because it's contrary to the type of game I want to play.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Point me to the post where anyone is asking for a full crafting game with no pvp please. I didn't see one in this thread, and I know I sure didn't make one, because it's contrary to the type of game I want to play.

i want a full crafting game with no pvp please =p

Dubanka
02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
how the heck did my fictional conversation between a L337 and a uber RP Nazi turn into a free speech discussion :/

apologies didn't mean to offend...it was a caricature on gaming stereotypes.

muhbad.

jumpshot
02-22-2011, 07:35 PM
OP was kind of annoying but this person is right that a good PvP MMO NEEDS both sheep and wolves, and must cater to both.

PeonSanders911
02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I for one ( and probally most of us here) are playing this game for exactly the reason the OP is bitching about.
Without Risk, there is no reward. Nothing gets the heart pumping like a fight when you know if you die, you loose all your stuff.

Thats why Im here...If i wanted something else, I would be playing the dozens of PvE games with no looting.......

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 07:44 PM
I for one ( and probally most of us here) are playing this game for exactly the reason the OP is bitching about.

i doubt that very much, most people are actually here for the sandbox aspect whether it is pvp, crafting or whatever. I blame the recent flame up about pvp on mmorpg.com that site is full of adolescants and once the word came out recently about xyson launching over there is when all this nonsense started.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Without Risk, there is no reward. Nothing gets the heart pumping like a fight when you know if you die, you loose all your stuff.

Thats why Im here...If i wanted something else, I would be playing the dozens of PvE games with no looting.......

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3164-Simple-poll-to-remove-safe-zones-in-Prelude

At least for right now, most of the people who voted want their safe zones.

PeonSanders911
02-22-2011, 08:03 PM
most people are actually here for the sandbox aspect whether it is pvp, crafting or whatever.

Without looting/PvP/Greifing....its not a sandbox. If your "Protected" from other players in any way....its just another PvE game.

You have to deal with whatever comes your way..........

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 08:04 PM
i doubt that very much, most people are actually here for the sandbox aspect whether it is pvp, crafting or whatever. I blame the recent flame up about pvp on mmorpg.com that site is full of adolescants and once the word came out recently about xyson launching over there is when all this nonsense started.

nah hes right...the no rules full loot ffa pvp with no safe zones is why im here, and is why most people are here.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3164-Simple-poll-to-remove-safe-zones-in-Prelude

i question that polls results.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Without looting/PvP/Greifing....its not a sandbox. If your "Protected" from other players in any way....its just another PvE game.

definition of a sandbox is subjective as there is no real definition of it, the best definition of a sandbox is simply a game that has "LIMITED" rules and is player driven. There always has to be some sort of rules, name one mmo that meets your definition of a sandbox and has not failed?

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
nah hes right...the no rules full loot ffa pvp with no safe zones is why im here, and is why most people are here.

your forum griefing me again? lol

orious13
02-22-2011, 08:11 PM
You know what?

Most of the time I won't be in a safe zone....

I think most of the time when people have any resources on them they won't be in a safe zone unless it's a ridiculously large guild. So you should be able to find some people to GANK... or GRIEF. I think you need all of these player types, really, but most of the community should be good/neutral to create a realistic immersion instead of a false one. I doubt you'd be afraid of getting killed by a human after an apocalypse. You might be ready for it, but seriously...

Not to mention you players that only think about pvp (there are some .. I'm speaking generally) can set up your own wars via the tribe area and such on the forums or by sending a scout around the world to yell that there will be a huge war at ZONE X in X days starting at X time.

Wouldn't that be fun?

Not all wars are even in main cities in history. You know that nice little island in the lake? War ISLAND: Where all the pks stash your loots!

Armand
02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
So many strong, badass alpha males in this thread...

Those dating sites packed with lonely single women should redirect here.

furanku
02-22-2011, 08:13 PM
So many strong, badass alpha males in this thread...

Those dating sites packed with lonely single women should redirect here.

Note: www.ftj.com

Odie
02-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Jordi is viewing this thread

Koll
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Well If I might bring a point from that I learned in Another Sandbox MMO Mortal Online (which they didnt do); is you need to balance things out so PKing has more to it than just the killing for the lolz ( ya need some of it too but not all of it). I'll gladly fight anyone that wants to take my tribe land or steal my stuff; but I will always bitch and moan being killed by noobs pkers with a shovel.

The devs have to make sure they make it more interesting by adding more sand in the sandbox: give some areas a special advantage or resource that others dont and vice versa; give weapons or mats various edges on each other; dont just OP a type of mat or weapons over all the others. Then you will have happy crafters and challenging pvp.

rixk
02-22-2011, 09:53 PM

No it is not. Prerequisite of a good sandbox isn't creating a huge arena, where only goal is to get as many kills as possible.

PrinceReaper
02-22-2011, 09:58 PM
No it is not. Prerequisite of a good sandbox isn't creating a huge arena, where only goal is to get as many kills as possible.

and that's what the game currently is outside of safe zones :O so the question is? is there not enough risks for pkers and is xsyon not a huge arena with just a safe zone in it?

EDIT:

personally I think that safe zone should be restricted to a part of the world and the tribes who want safe zones can go and build there, but the resources there are not as good, so they have to work harder, where someone who takes the risk, can get rewarded by less hard work because they took the risk of getting the better resources in the dangerous "world ending lands :P"

the options there right :) everyone is happy in the end of the day.

And to give people more options! they can choose to have safe zones in those lands that are deemed "safe zone"able" meaning only certain areas in the world you can have the option to have a safe zone "but these zones are generally lackluster in terms of location and resources"

Delvie
02-22-2011, 10:10 PM

Sympathy - the very worst part of it is once they start using a word that's the only word they use, over and over again. For me when I'm really mad I cuss up a storm that would make good christians go nuts - learned it from my Dad, and it's definitely not appropriate in certain settings.

But the best cussing I ever heard was at a JC Penneys during back to school shopping - clerk slammed her finger in the cash register and screamed "Son of a motherless goat" at the top of her lungs. We all had great sympathy for her, but couldn't stop laughing.

rixk
02-23-2011, 12:20 AM
the options there right :) everyone is happy in the end of the day.

Yes, I agree with that, options are needed. FFA-PvP is(should be) a possibility, but currently it is a requirement. Ideal would be: if someone want's to be hardcore PKer, he should be able to do that. If someone doesn't, also good, but it should happen without them being forced to stick on their 20 square meters wide patch of land 24/7.

Main problem is the interaction between those 2 parties to keep both parties happy. The feeling of danger should be there, but seeing anyone shouldn't trigger "OMG, someone is coming, where should I hide" or "YAY, someone moves, lets gank him" effect.

EDIT: updated a bit.

peegeeone
02-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Itīs all about consequences. If you have nothing to loose, you donīt care. If you are hiding behind a fake name in a game you can act like the last moron. Most of us players are as far away from being so bad ass as we would say, as are couch potatoes who are watching pro athletes on tv. I bet not many of you would speak or behave in the same manner in a room with another person (except if he is really small) as you do in game. Those who actually would, arenīt on the internet, because jails donīt allow that :). Thats why many seek glory in a computer game, because in RL they are only one of a million. The more frustrated you are, the more compensation you need. Making the next random person feel bad just makes your day a little more bearable. All in all games are a reflexion of the real world. There are bad guys, heroes, losers, the whole spectrum. The real difference is that you can quit a game if you donīt like it. In life that is a bit harder.

ifireallymust
02-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Sympathy - the very worst part of it is once they start using a word that's the only word they use, over and over again. For me when I'm really mad I cuss up a storm that would make good christians go nuts - learned it from my Dad, and it's definitely not appropriate in certain settings.

But the best cussing I ever heard was at a JC Penneys during back to school shopping - clerk slammed her finger in the cash register and screamed "Son of a motherless goat" at the top of her lungs. We all had great sympathy for her, but couldn't stop laughing.

I am going to stop saying it though, I honestly don't even remember how or when it slipped into my vocabulary, but I can't tell my kid not to use an expression that has been and sadly sometimes is used to mock any group of people if I do the same thing.

Son of a motherless goat...even at the top of my lungs, it just wouldn't give the same satisfaction, although I could see it saving my job!

Edited to add: And it definitely made me smile!

BigCountry
02-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Jordi is viewing this thread

Of course he is. All this strife, all this action, all this debating. And his game has not even launched yet. I am sure he is thrilled to death. This is exactly what is suppose to happen when your soon to launch a good mmorpg.
:D

iraclear
02-23-2011, 07:35 AM
You (anti-pvp'ers) should have thought about this before you summoned half of darkfalls player base.
We are all vicious bastards who feed off other players grief. Therapy don't seem to help, either.

On a more serious note, I think the Xsyon player base will find its natural balance on itself. When crafters and gatherers get careless and ripe for lootin', PKers will appear. When they do, cities will increase their defence as a response, anti-PK'ers will appear to loot PK'ers and so on. If we will get a chaos-like state in which everyone PKs everyone else, that's just temporary. DF isnt like that, it has a certain degree of stability in spite of it being a full loot game. Every player is subject to a kind of balance, my guess is Xsyon will not be different.

Besides, crafters get better karma.

Dubanka
02-23-2011, 07:36 AM
- Until players have the ability to secure their stuff, i actually agree. gates, doors, drawbridges :p, NPC guards? I completely agree with the safe zone concept. Current you can /stuck into someones house (or just walk in actually) look for anything of value and leave. If they remove the safeguard you can do the same thign but slaughter the guy inside that was focused on turning cloth scraps to thread, to twine, to argghh...which of course, after he dies, you would be able to camp his town and he'd have absolutley no recourse. Not good balance.

Until playyers can have the ablity to defend against incursion, safe toggle shouldnt be off.

Once we can...well if you haven't property prepared your house, your just lazy, and you deserve it...rules o' da sandbox.

ifireallymust
02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
- Until players have the ability to secure their stuff, i actually agree. gates, doors, drawbridges :p, NPC guards? I completely agree with the safe zone concept. Current you can /stuck into someones house (or just walk in actually) look for anything of value and leave. If they remove the safeguard you can do the same thign but slaughter the guy inside that was focused on turning cloth scraps to thread, to twine, to argghh...which of course, after he dies, you would be able to camp his town and he'd have absolutley no recourse. Not good balance.

Until playyers can have the ablity to defend against incursion, safe toggle shouldnt be off.

Once we can...well if you haven't property prepared your house, your just lazy, and you deserve it...rules o' da sandbox.

Oh I'm not lazy, no worries there, I'll be the most security obsessed little homesteader you've ever met. My worry is that defenses will be possible only for large Tribes, which will kill my preferred playstyle. Or that the defenses will be no more effective against an organized attack than wet tissues.

But virtual hard work doesn't scare me. Nope. No sir! It's that other kind that bothers me!

Dontaze_Mebro
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
/stuck needs to be removed. It has too much potential for grief.

BigCountry
02-23-2011, 03:39 PM
/stuck needs to be removed. It has too much potential for grief.

Agreed. Was it really that bad of an issue to begin with? From a technical perspective, with this game and all the dynamic involved (construction and terraforming), the unstuck code is almost impossible to bulletproof without leaving an exploit. I would comment out the code for the unstuck command for now. That's a good call. You can come back and address it later.

Dubanka
02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
i agree with the abuse potential...you do still have the whole falling into a whole and not being able to get out problem.

mind you that could be pretty funny...a man trap. dig a hole, cover it with grass, put some spike sticks at the bottom. hehe that's some pk raid defense :)

fflhktsn
02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
/unstuck has about as much abuse potential as mobil safezones.

Perhaps /unstuck should be a /suicide instead...not back to the totem but back to founders island or something....mabey even a random start zone so its really a pain to have to use

Would also prevent people like me from moving my totem around to dig trap holes everywhere. using the unstuck to get out.

ifireallymust
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Perhaps /unstuck should be a /suicide instead...not back to the totem but back to founders island or something....mabey even a random start zone so its really a pain to have to use

Would also prevent people like me from moving my totem around to dig trap holes everywhere. using the unstuck to get out.

You clever little fiend!

furanku
02-23-2011, 07:08 PM

Honestly has anyone fallen in any of your traps and if so, next time youtube it.

fflhktsn
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Honestly has anyone fallen in any of your traps and if so, next time youtube it.

Just me i think =(

furanku
02-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Just me i think =(

youtube yourself! YAR FOOL! lol