PDA

View Full Version : No More Server Wipes!

The_Snape
02-21-2011, 05:19 PM
The title is pretty much straight forward! NO MORE WIPES!

YamiOkami
02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I would request a delete of this mate, the wipes are to catch bugs and the like, and there has to be at least one more wipe anyways before the game gets going proper.

Rocky
02-21-2011, 10:30 PM
If a wipe is needed to fix bugs & lag, then wipe it is.

DaAzub
02-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Let the game get fixed.

Rocky
02-21-2011, 11:23 PM
The amount of roll backs my UO character had, ahh this is nothing :)

Chavoda
02-22-2011, 12:17 AM
The title is pretty much straight forward! NO MORE WIPES!

The game is curently still in bate, headstart starts whenever the server has moved and final wipe is done. this be anounced so hang in there , test some stuff like stats they have a big impact on your character. always good to know stuff..

Darabrack
02-22-2011, 04:51 AM
Wipes are necesary for a good release

mgilbrtsn
02-22-2011, 05:54 AM
As many wipes as are needed prior to launch.

KeithStone
02-22-2011, 06:04 AM
We were told we would get another wipe to test the fixes that have been put in place that were found because of the lag. It seems that there will be another one after that when the server is transfered to the larger server.

imo - I'll take as many wipes as it needs to have a polished game.

jeru
02-22-2011, 09:44 AM
No - Those of us that have been playing Beta since weeks or months ago are feeling the game "burnout" effect. 1/4 my tribemates have no urge to log on anymore since they know there is an impending server wipe. Now another? I for one will not be logging on in the days leading up to the final wipe so I at least have interest on launch day. Slaying the lagmonster is fun and all, but gets you nowhere fast. Good luck Xsyonians

-Rambo

rixk
02-22-2011, 11:36 AM
"No more wipes" from me too(hehe hit wrong button in vote though), we have been sold the game, it launched(yes, it did prelaunch on 18th, incoming wipe doesn't change that fact), and now we are simply being said, that "hey guys, don't play the game you just bought".
Attitude "Under normal circumstances we could write scripts to clean up this data if something like this occured. However, we need to press on with more important things.
"(written on 14th feb by Jordi) is fine for beta, but in live game player data is one of the most important thing.

Mishima
02-22-2011, 01:43 PM
And here I thought I'd seen my share of stupid and useless polls... What's next, a poll asking whether you want server maintenance or not?

Wipes are not done because the community wants them; they are necessary evils that make the game better in the long run.

Saunakiller
02-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Any news on when the "final" wipe will take place? Really wanna get going...

Farseer
02-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Wipes are necessary.

Look at how Darkfall ended up when there were no wipes. Massively exploited characters who were capable of devastating anyone etc.

boomer0901
02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
If they need to wipe this game 100 times by the 1st of march, be happy it means that they're actually working on the game and care that the game works right. Stop whinning and deal with it, would you rather have the game now and broken, or later and working. Normally this would be common sense, but it's 2011 and half the population is crazy and or stupid.

LoginServerDown
02-23-2011, 08:40 PM
wipe 10 times a day if it fixes the problems it is trying to by the first. i want a smooth launch and not a failed launch like DF had with the exploiting and nothing done about it

this shows the team actually cares what happens at launch. good for them. only had the game 3-4 days and, while this is annoying for me, as i cannot play much right now because of it, i am STILL happy to see this happening

Satch
02-23-2011, 09:13 PM
This is ridiculous, of course they need to wipe if they are trying to identify and resolve problems with the game. Would you rather have a broken game (as we saw last Friday)? Strange poll.

tilla
02-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Way to not understand how software testing works to everyone who said 'no'. I suggest if you're impatient, play another game for a few days until this is wrapped up. That's what I'm doing. The wipes are actually to try and fix a major Database saving issue - would you really want to play this game if there's a chance anyone or anything at random could get deleted during lag? The release was pushed back for a reason, and we've already been given an extra 2 weeks of free time so I don't see what's to complain about.

pluzoid
02-24-2011, 04:07 AM
If it means fixing the game faster then then have to do what has to be done.

darth_vato
02-24-2011, 07:29 AM
And no more dead cops!

LoginServerDown
02-26-2011, 07:01 AM
yeah, i don't get why people would care more about their shiny pixels than a functional game

Morpane
03-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I haven't bought the game yet because of this impending wipe. When is it?

Plague
03-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Thusrday is wipe. And if you wait a bit longer with ordering the game you will pay 2 months extra on top of what you would have paid now.:)