PDA

View Full Version : Content with the amount of PvP in the game?

Larsa
02-22-2011, 04:17 AM
With all the recent posts and polls about PvP I believe there is one poll still missing, thus I take the liberty to create it.

It's straight: Are you content with the amount of PvP in the current game? There are just three options, please choose one of:

- There is not enough PvP in the current game.
- There is just the right amount of PvP in the current game.
- There is too much PvP in the current game.

Honelith
02-22-2011, 04:28 AM
I feel there's plenty of PVP to be had right now in the game, but for all the wrong reasons. Were not fighting for resources or space, but because we have nothing to do right now because of wipes, so PVP is the best form of pass time right now. Once the Prelude is live and you know your character and achievements will be saved, I feel that's when the real PVP begins, especially in 6-9 months when safety is removed.

dlld
02-22-2011, 04:32 AM
I don't think there's a solid base to judge it on, before "release" there was probably a lot of people that barely played and waited for release after release well you already know. I've been running around a bit but I barely see any people but I do see a lot of totems both before and after release.

Mims44
02-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Agree with honelith, when we're all playing for keeps things will change, what we make and have will become more meaningful and it wont be a "let's go PK, who cares if we lose, a wipe is comming." mentality anymore.

blackzilla
02-22-2011, 04:40 AM
I went on a 4 hour adventure lastnight and had more than enough PvP, enough Exploration, Enough Roleplay....it was great. Leave your tribal zone don't be afraid to traverse to the other side of the map. Met many great foes and made many great friends along the way.

Mims44
02-22-2011, 04:44 AM
He actually did, shadowed him for awhile lol.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:12 AM
I went on a 4 hour adventure lastnight and had more than enough PvP, enough Exploration, Enough Roleplay....it was great. Leave your tribal zone don't be afraid to traverse to the other side of the map. Met many great foes and made many great friends along the way.

This. And I'm sure it will be even more conflict for wandering explorers after launch, with more players in game more often.

KeithStone
02-22-2011, 06:11 AM
omg - we killed this already yesterday- lets beat it some more.

pvp is everywhere other than tribe zones- after prelude- there are no safe spots- no switches that tribes can turn on and off.

What this means:

Combat permissions in tribe zones based on tribal settings.

Tribes will be able to turn on/off the ability to SPAR with their members inside the tribe zone. The default is that tribe members cannot attack and do damage to other tribe members in their city.

Haunt
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Not bad now, but more would be better, especially the Tribal War aspect.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
there isnt enough because they havent added it yet...we will see later

All there is to do if your combat is gank, since there is no pve mobs to kill, or pvp objectives like preparing for war.

another worthless poll in a long line of worthless polls.

orious13
02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Combat isn't fixed yet... I'd vote N/A :).

jokhul
02-27-2011, 01:01 AM
there isnt enough because they havent added it yet...we will see later

All there is to do if your combat is gank, since there is no pve mobs to kill, or pvp objectives like preparing for war.

another worthless poll in a long line of worthless polls.

It's good to see that you have no clue how to prepare for the future... ;)

mrcalhou
02-27-2011, 08:36 AM
There could always be more content in game.

FabricSoftener
02-27-2011, 12:45 PM

I think its more 'hasnt been created yet'. as I heard someone say 'Tales in the Desert currently has more combat than Xsyon' :)

Armand
02-27-2011, 12:54 PM
If combat were more fleshed out, and alignment actually worked as intended, then I would love to see more of it. At this time, and under these conditions, I believe we're being offered a good dose of potential pvp.

I look forward to more elaborate fighting mechanics and the framework for stimulating territorial and resource control.

Evito
02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Currently im ganking people with the asshatty wipe is coming attitude, though when the game launches it'll mostly be keeping my tribes area clear of hostiles and thats it until they implement cannibalism or some other form of incentive to actually go gank. (No i dont frakking gank people to spawns, get a life)

fflhktsn
02-27-2011, 03:06 PM
theres no pvp in the game, with the lag, anyone can easily sprint to their safezone before any of my hits register.

any consensual pvp "duels" ive participated in resulted if both parties giving up, since hits dont register and the server can keep up with our locations.

theres no need to protect resources with safezones that make a fishing alt an unstoppible force

you can just carry a perimission locked basket on your back...no loot for you...

theres no systems to cater to a pvper, other than full loot, which loses its fun factor quickly with the lag and ability to sprint into water or a safe zone.

N/A would be a good option to add to the poll.

really dont see any need to do any of this untill they open up new land and put tribal wars in, but then if they keep safezones as an option people will just break off from their tribes, set a safe homestead, procure resources in saftey, and return to the tribe when they are complete.

for some reason people are still terrified that the games going to turn into a DF gankfest, despite there are other things to do in the game, something the gankfest games never offerd (which is why they were gank fests)

manganga
02-27-2011, 06:52 PM
I had a nekkid guy kill me with one hit. I had a 'pvp' build and was also wearing armor. It made me laugh pretty hard though :D

Darkseid
02-27-2011, 08:26 PM
No such thing as "enough" PvP, imo.

caldrin
02-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Well the pvp i have had so far has been ok.. I have been lucky and only had fights when the servers where not lagging..

Its pased quite well, they do need to flesh the combat out a bit maybe adding some special attack skills for the different weapons. I guess the main thing they need to sort out is getting attacked from behind you jsut take way to much damage, if someone gets 1 good hit on you from behind thats it there is no way you can out damage your opponant..

I aint really been out looking for pvp yet its just what has come my way near my tribes lands.. i come from darkfall so of course i do like pvp but i think they combat system needs work before it can become a major art fo the game.

Hefe18
02-28-2011, 01:05 AM

Agreed. The pvp right now isn't even very fun, just teleporting around button mashing hoping you can get hits on people. Hoping combat is improved soon else the pvp aspect of this game won't make this worth continuing on for me. I enjoy the crafting but without working PvP that can be used to make an impact on the world it just doesn't do it for me.