PDA

View Full Version : Among The Shadows Thought on Current Active Tribes

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Since this forum is completely devoid of any activity, I figured I'd add something to it. We'll speak about the "tribes" that seem to have clawed their way out of the mire and into the forums as of late.

The current tribal community covers a broad spectrum. To my very untrained eye, it seems many clans have absolutely no knowledge of the intricacies that are involved in running a thriving guild.

on one side of the coin, we have Some "Tribes" that seem fairly competent. They attract members, they contribute to the forums and so on. You can make up your mind on them.

On the flip side of that coin, we have some tribes that showed up like a drunken uncle at your 18th birthday, and are as obviously useless as tits on a bull. You can make up your mind on them too

then, on the other side of a coin (ya i know coins only have 2 sides), we got the "under the radar" tribes. the ones hoping they can go a week without being noticed. Hiding in the far corners trying their best to be friends with everyone they meet while leveling a crafter to bribe the rest into not leveling their town.

All I'm sayin is when other clans roll up in here, I think the grounds gonna run red. But what do I know?

keep it clean and above the belt. No low blows:)

Ivan Streptovsky
03-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh dear.

Villa
03-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Wrekkoning old boy, I dare say you've spread some slander.

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Slander? no fine sir, slander is only definable if i have an object of attention. These are broad generalized statements.

reubenmunro
03-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

Slander? no fine sir, slander is only definable if i have an object of attention. These are broad generalized statements.

Amen, maybe he wasn't playing :ohmy:

Xx1327
03-14-2010, 05:53 PM
yea right now it seems tribe tribe will have a bit of lead in game and have a thriving town until they lose members which will undoubtedly happen.

And when the big name clans, ones with their own site :P show up things will start getting interesting zergs clans will earn their names and run all over the place changing from what we have now to a much more cluttered and "war torn" community.

we also have tribes like USR, Toxic, and BoC (brotherhood of change) who will likely be the driving military prowess in the beginning making fancy alliances and what not

Hopi seems pretty solid they have an easy non-aggressive goal they want to reach to have fun. so i see them sticking around for awhile.

the evil tribes are pretty much those described as drunken uncles they'll just be annoying "pkers for life" till they make some alliances, probably among themselves, or combine together and make their evil towns.

and my tribe i'd rather not talk about, but it is along the lines of under the radar. i've been keeping my recruitment post on the 1st page and PMing new people as they join the forums introducing them to the community and a chance to join a well managed tribe and if we're not the tribe for them to instead find one they relate to since it will better help them integrate into this awesome community we have goin for ourselves.

tribes i think that will last will be mine (but of course) tribe tribe for the first month of release, maybe a couple more, the USR and Toxic will probably end up being butt buddies. either that or toxic and the BoC will stick together as allies as USR goes in a corner and/or dies.

this of course is just speculation... :whistle:

Lily
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
That drunken uncle is still going to shag your girlfriend, you know that right?

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Xx1327 wrote:

tribes i think that will last will be mine (but of course) tribe tribe for the first month of release, maybe a couple more, the USR and Toxic will probably end up being butt buddies. either that or toxic and the BoC will stick together as allies as USR goes in a corner and/or dies.

this of course is just speculation... :whistle:

I gotta say, I'm a bit disheartened to not see my clan listed in your "tribes i think that will last" comment.

and yes lily, most likely that will be the outcome. hes a rugged kind of hansom, like Tom Selleck. How am i suppose to compete with "Quigley Down Under" for Christ sake.

Villa
03-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Tribe Tribe are a community orientated organisation for the organised orientation of the community and the tribe.

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Villa wrote:

Tribe Tribe are a community orientated organisation for the organised orientation of the community and the tribe.

this made me lol

Cunk
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

Since this forum is completely devoid of any activity, I figured I'd add something to it. We'll speak about the "tribes" that seem to have clawed their way out of the mire and into the forums as of late.

The current tribal community covers a broad spectrum. To my very untrained eye, it seems many clans have absolutely no knowledge of the intricacies that are involved in running a thriving guild.

on one side of the coin, we have Some "Tribes" that seem fairly competent. They attract members, they contribute to the forums and so on. You can make up your mind on them.

On the flip side of that coin, we have some tribes that showed up like a drunken uncle at your 18th birthday, and are as obviously useless as tits on a bull. You can make up your mind on them too

then, on the other side of a coin (ya i know coins only have 2 sides), we got the "under the radar" tribes. the ones hoping they can go a week without being noticed. Hiding in the far corners trying their best to be friends with everyone they meet while leveling a crafter to bribe the rest into not leveling their town.

All I'm sayin is when other clans roll up in here, I think the grounds gonna run red. But what do I know?

And then there are the tribes that aren't even going to bother making their presence known on these forums. Not because they are crafters but because they don't recruit from the general public.

Villa
03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Cunk wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

And then there are the tribes that aren't even going to bother making their presence known on these forums. Not because they are crafters but because they don't recruit from the general public.
Or they don't have sufficient grasp of literacy to write a post.

Xx1327
03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Cunk wrote:

]

nothing wrong with open recruiting :P

and wrekkoning, any clan your in will of course last i thought that went without saying

and to lily's comment i dont mind as long as its by you

Villa
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Amongst the Shadows?
Call me slow if you will, but that must mean we've communicated via Forumfall in the past no doubt.
Is that not so?

Cunk
03-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Xx1327 wrote:

Cunk wrote:

]

nothing wrong with open recruiting :P

Never said there was. Just saying that there will be a lot more tribes than what's being advertised on these forums.

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 06:16 PM
I dont know how to answer that question villa. Was that a question?

I played DF.

Teotwauki
03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
I am interested to know how many people have actually joined a tribe, also how many have pre-ordered.

About your first post Wrekkoning, your second last line from memory, the speculation about bloodshed when other large clans show up... I don't play to many MMO's, so I may be slightly out of touch.

Xsyon is pretty small at the moment, I can see how if a large portion of a large WoW clan came over to play, it could get interesting, but I also don't -think- we will have to worry to much about large amounts of clansmen coming over, as the game just isn't that appealing to a lot of people.

I can't recall exactly how large your clan was Wrekkoning, but I'm interested to see how many people you manage to bring over, and if they will stay.

And thank you for sharing your thoughts on the BoC XX1327, although we haven't bothered getting allies like most other tribes yet, and I can't see us allied with Toxic :P

Villa
03-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

I dont know how to answer that question villa. Was that a question?

I played DF.
Did you ever post on the off-topic forum, on the official Darkfall boards?

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I followed DF before beta, so I probably did post on off topic. As well as the rest of the forums:)

Whats your point Villa? focus buddy. I saw you cracked your head slipping on some chicken, what are you getting at?

reubenmunro
03-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

I followed DF before beta, so I probably did post on off topic. As well as the rest of the forums:)

Whats your point Villa? focus buddy. I saw you cracked your head slipping on some chicken, what are you getting at?

Maybe his former self is returning, pray it be so.

Villa
03-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

Nothing sinister fellow, just enquiring as to whether he had engaged in witty banter over there. I try not to remember anyone from there, but some do slip through, such as some of these anvil nobs you see running around here lately.

Kailas
03-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

I forget who Among the Shadows were. Were you guys in Savage Alliance? That might explain it, I kind of lump you all together in my head.

Villa
03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Kailas wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

I forget who Among the Shadows were. Were you guys in Savage Alliance? That might explain it, I kind of lump you all together in my head.
All I remember were the Mercs, Octobersnow (hahahaha Ginger Magician), Goons, Hyperion and SOTA.

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Kailas wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

You and me both bud, I quit SA. Which is Sad because we (myself and 1 other clan) were the ones that worked it up. ATS lived in ottenhall, while the rest lived in marithain and darkmoore. we didn't want anything to do with how SA operated and were the first to bail. SA was a sad display of short sightedness.

Villa
03-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

Kailas wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

You and me both bud, I quit SA. Which is Sad because we (myself and 1 other clan) were the ones that worked it up. ATS lived in ottenhall, while the rest lived in marithain and darkmoore. we didnt want anything to do with how SA operated and were the first to bail. SA was a sad display of short sightedness. As well as game mechanics failing to come together.
Couldn't that accusation also be levelled against numerous other organisations such as Hyperion?

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Absolutely.

As well as many of the early alliances.

Kailas
03-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Villa wrote:

Kailas wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

All I remember were the Mercs, Octobersnow (hahahaha Ginger Magician), Goons, Hyperion and SOTA.

What about the Vangarian guard? We destroyed a 300-man guild in one 24-hour period, how do you not remember that? I positively gloat now and then. We have memes from it. End of.

Xx1327
03-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

yea df was a big let down, i've moved it to my D drive at this point and just gunna let my sub run out. i put alil too much into that game lol xD still had alot of good features but i dont like its direction and when compared to this game it pales which is kinda funny to say

now to remain on topic i will... clans are tribes too

Kailas
03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:
You and me both bud, I quit SA. Which is Sad because we (myself and 1 other clan) were the ones that worked it up. ATS lived in ottenhall, while the rest lived in marithain and darkmoore. we didn't want anything to do with how SA operated and were the first to bail. SA was a sad display of short sightedness.[/quote]

Haha, yeah, I really only remember beta Savage Alliance, I guess we were based far away from each other after the game itself started. That and SA crumbled along with Hyperion pretty quick. I have fond memories from beta though of going into puppy-lands to hunt Savage Alliance like it was some sort of gentlemanly sport to poach the beasts. The only distinctive SA guild I remember is Image, mostly because I remember Lanmandragon.

Wrekkoning
03-14-2010, 08:17 PM
He was a mod on Forumfall at one time as well.

Good guy, one i respect most out of the SA group. He stuck with them to long though:)

TangerineSky
03-14-2010, 08:41 PM
There aren't many indicators of a guild on a forum that translate well into in-game prowess. The only thing I can think of is the competency of the leader which is still very difficult to ascertain from forum posts.

Some of these guilds with a fancy organization structure will fail and some will thrive. It depends on the leaders adaptability and leadership development. This thread is lols because none of it means anything until our feet hit the pavement which was evident in the launch of DF.

The Tribe Tribe could be the strongest guild on the server, there are many examples of unorthodox organizations with a philosophically aligned membership that are able to do some serious damage. There's others that take things very serious that can have the same impact. It could also die a quick painful death as did Murderherd shortly after launch (doubtful of this of course).

There is no prescribed way of leading an organization to success, which makes me laugh when I hear things like "xxx will have a bit of lead in game and have a thriving town until they lose members which will undoubtedly happen. " because that opinion is completely unfounded. Could be true, but how can you confidently pass that judgment from viewings in a forum?

Uzik
03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
I remember this one time when The Mercs were using SA as meat shields during beta.

We all hid behind a rock and charged out at them yelling "AHHHHH!"

All the SA guys tried to run and were cut down.

If only DF release was as much fun as DF beta :( :( :(

MrBlah
03-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Uzik wrote:

I remember my first day of beta killing a full party of 8 in leather whilst we were naked, have 8 people as well. We didn't have any casualties either.

Kailas
03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
MrBlah wrote:

Uzik wrote:

I remember my first day of beta killing a full party of 8 in leather whilst we were naked, have 8 people as well. We didn't have any casualties either.[/quote]

I bet Uzik remembers, I think that was the first time we tried sieging, when killing the "siege master" ended the siege, and Uzik was the siegemaster I think. Or maybe it was Savant. My first day of beta was significantly earlier and all I did was run around with Red and kill goblins. Then we jumped off super high things because in early beta the max falling damage was 20.

Villa
03-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Murder Herd; weren't they an Anvil sub?

Harrisment
03-15-2010, 02:26 AM
Most of the established guilds are staying away until there is proof the game exists. When gameplay vids and real, ingame screenshots are posted, the tribal forum is going to see a big influx of guilds who were not formed from these forums.

I'm unofficially scouting this game for my guild, who is currently in MO beta.

As to how it will all play out ingame, who knows? We won't know until we know who's going to play, and also how the game mechanics work. Guilds who were successful in DF might not have the same level of success in Xsyon simply because the mechanics are vastly different.

Lily
03-15-2010, 03:38 AM
Isn't the important part of a guild the people - how they work together, follow leadership etc rather than the actual game itself? As long as the people are a cohesive group then they can own anywhere, presuming they're all enjoying the game.

brando
03-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Funny to read through threads like this and remember some of the stories that people tell. Not always the way I remember it, but meh, thats the fun in telling a story I guess.

I always enjoyed PvPing alongside Anvil Society. They were my shock troops for the kingdom. Whenever I needed an objective taken I always sent in Anvil and company first to secure the place.

Harrisment
03-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Lily wrote:

Isn't the important part of a guild the people - how they work together, follow leadership etc rather than the actual game itself? As long as the people are a cohesive group then they can own anywhere, presuming they're all enjoying the game.

Yeah, but can they work together, follow leadership (and be leaders), and be a cohesive group in THIS game with THESE mechanics. I would wager that guilds might have a harder time doing all of those things in this game if the game mechanics listed are accurate.

Just because you do a great job running the graveyard shift at McDonald's doesn't mean you can run a Fortune 500 company. I would say running a good corporation in Eve Online is exponentially harder than it is running a good guild in say, Darkfall.

TangerineSky
03-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Harrisment wrote:

Lily wrote:
Yeah, but can they work together, follow leadership (and be leaders), and be a cohesive group in THIS game with THESE mechanics. I would wager that guilds might have a harder time doing all of those things in this game if the game mechanics listed are accurate.

Just because you do a great job running the graveyard shift at McDonald's doesn't mean you can run a Fortune 500 company. I would say running a good corporation in Eve Online is exponentially harder than it is running a good guild in say, Darkfall.That's a poor analogy. That is comparing the leadership required to run a 20 man guild vs. 2000 man guild.

Leadership skills coupled with experience, can lead a successful guild on any platform. Running a 100 man guild in df would require a different skillset then running a 100 man corp in eve, not a large difference in difficulty only different technical knowledge required.

Cradlejoe
03-15-2010, 06:30 AM
What if these "Drunken Uncle" Tribes are just acting that way to throw any thought that they'd be any competition, eh?
Think of that one did you?

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 06:33 AM
The thought did occur to me, then he puked all over my cousin. Figured he wasn't trying that hard to conceal his real identity.

Cradlejoe
03-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Or maybe he's concealing his real identity with such amazingly superb brilliance that it makes you feel so sure of yourself.

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Cradlejoe wrote:

Or maybe he's concealing his real identity with such amazingly superb brilliance that it makes you feel so sure of yourself.

Fine cradlejoe, hes an assassin ninja hiding his true identity from the world. You freakin win.

TangerineSky
03-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Wrekkoning wrote:

You freakin win.Owned by cradlejoe out of sheer persistence!

Cradlejoe
03-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Now go and see what he really puked up on your cousin.

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 06:42 AM
TangerineSky wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

so tired.... no strength.... cant ... go....on

Lily
03-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Wrekkoning wrote:

TangerineSky wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

Now's my chance!

*leaps onto Wrekkoning's back and wrestles him to the ground*

Uzik
03-15-2010, 07:11 AM
brando wrote:

Funny to read through threads like this and remember some of the stories that people tell. Not always the way I remember it, but meh, thats the fun in telling a story I guess.

I always enjoyed PvPing alongside Anvil Society. They were my shock troops for the kingdom. Whenever I needed an objective taken I always sent in Anvil and company first to secure the place.

Manus!

Is it you?

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Lily wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

TangerineSky wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

Now's my chance!

*leaps onto Wrekkoning's back and wrestles him to the ground*

You don't have to wait till i tired to wrestle me to the ground lily..... :)

Eonwe
03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
It'll be interesting to see which of the tribes here make it into game. I know Among the Shadows, Image, and a couple other clans have experience organizing their members pre-release.

brando
03-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Uzik wrote:

Manus!

Is it you?

Ummmm, nope. Dude in charge of the military.

Eonwe
03-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Brando has been Brando since pre-release Darkfall!

brando
03-15-2010, 11:10 AM
I've been Brando since forever. Its not really a clever name tbh, but I've been using it since '95 so why change now?

I did play Raynard the Ghey Bard in Everquest to troll RPers ... who knew I would become an RPer eventually. Its a disease I tell you!

MrEcko
03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh shit who's gonna join the forest republic with me?

Eonwe
03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I'll join the Goon Squad.

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Waiting for the phoenix rebirth myself!

Villa
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Eonwe wrote:

I'll join the Goon Squad.
We should form Goontribe together.

Eonwe
03-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I just thought I'd post the trial of Protonix by Manus for posterity.

http://www.duchyofwessex.org/forum/showthread.php?t=765

brando
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Kailas wrote:

Red goes "guys, apparently Manus says we can't take the beach yet."
To which I absolutely lept at the opportunity to quote "does he want us to give it back?"

I just thought you should know you made me very happy.

Haha, I always sent in Anvil first and used Wessex to secure and hold what you guys had taken only to send you on to the next objective :P

That was my first siege in command of several hundred troops in Darkfall. We had a few kinks to iron out, but Hyperion got the job done.

My favorite siege was at the back of the cave on Yssam underground. I thought we were going to lose it for sure because of us being outnumbered and the position of the clan stone, but we pulled it together and curb stomped 'em at the last second.

I had command of the militaries up until the start of the CotC wars, near the end of Yssam which was only about 2 months into release. Never lost a siege. I wish I had been there for the goon wars :)

I had to just roll my eyes when I heard Manus logged in following the major 8 city siege and started macroing. It was a true /facepalm moment.

Lol, the execution of Proto was priceless.

Anyone have Mikey's reading of that one whacko about killing people with his combat knife or whatever? That one was my favorite.

TangerineSky
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
brando wrote:

Kailas wrote:
[quote]
Anyone have Mikey's reading of that one whacko about killing people ith his combat knife or whatever? That one was my favorite.Apparently you need to brush up on the excitment within The Tribe Tribe thread.

Lanman already requested the readings.
http://www.xsyon.com/forums/29-tribal-recruitment/2738-the-tribe-tribe?limit=10&start=100#4629

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
lol that last one is funny.

Right at the end the dude in the backround.

"the insurgency!"

warzenkai
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

I don't like this guy ,and is not about just hate but is about pure evil ownage being near to his tail.I hope he will have the same name in the game.

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 04:12 PM
I promise you i will, I wont even make it hard to find me:)

Meower
03-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Can I get a woot for Mercenary Clans? Anyone? Woot!

reubenmunro
03-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Meower wrote:

If you're an American I believe it's Hooah and if you're an American/Spartan it's Ahooh!

Eonwe
03-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Meower

I can't get away from you guys

Uzik
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
brando wrote:

My favorite siege was at the back of the cave on Yssam underground. I thought we were going to lose it for sure because of us being outnumbered and the position of the clan stone, but we pulled it together and curb stomped 'em at the last second.

Apuatan?

That was a good siege!

I remember Surly had me take my men up on the walls to secure a flak-cannon tower before the bulk of the troops arrived. We held the tower until Hyperion got through the gates and then blasted the enemies who ran in after wards.

At that point in the game those guns raped everyone, and bodies were everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgU2Ia9NBvI

The beginning of that shows my loyal meat shield blocking the ramp while I let loose hell!

Although the best part of that siege was launching up to the buildings all around the clan stone area in that city and battling with people.

Darkfall was pretty cool before it turned into a magic spam grindfest : (

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Uzik wrote:

brando wrote:

Exactly. 2 magic schools would have been so perfect in that game

brando
03-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Meower wrote:

Ready to try one more time?

Sounds like this community is void of a dense gathering of tools and morons so it might be the right place.

Palo god
03-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

Uzik wrote:

brando wrote:

Exactly. 2 magic schools would have been so perfect in that game

Not putting in a level cap ruined any chance darkfall had of ever being a good game.

edaw22
03-16-2010, 12:24 AM
If darkfall had a functioning Softcap and Skill decay it would have been amazing, and in all likely hood I would still be playing it.

Which is why I Gizzed when i saw this game had them.

LOL

However, back on topic...

The BoC has been getting a few members lately and we are looking good for our goal of filling the ten Lector positions before pre-launch.

Some tribes will crumble, others will succeed we will just have to wait and see.

However I can tell you that, while the BoC will have allies when appropriate we have no intention on allying with the Toxic Brotherhood. I mean them no offense we simply disagree with their ideals.

If anyone has not yet joined a tribe, make sure to check out our recruitment page and/or head over to the tribe forums and make an application.

Through Change we conquer!

Dominus
03-16-2010, 04:09 AM
^Shameless poaching ftw.

I'm fairly certain that every tribe without previous experience and an active website/ventrilo, will die off.

Lily
03-16-2010, 05:49 AM
I dunno, it's going to be a small game at first so the little tribes will survive on their own for a while. It's rather nice having a variety rather than everyone merging together to form a big "us v them" situation.

Wrekkoning
03-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Lily wrote:

I dunno, it's going to be a small game at first so the little tribes will survive on their own for a while. It's rather nice having a variety rather than everyone merging together to form a big "us v them" situation.

yea its refreshing considering what a lot of the larger tribes saw here in DF.

brando
03-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Palo god wrote:
Not putting in a level cap ruined any chance darkfall had of ever being a good game.[/quote]

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Reynolds
03-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Lily wrote:

I hope so, if it descends into zerg vs zerg, I think the game would lose a lot of appeal for me.

Lily
03-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Certainly while space is limited (land wise), little settlements of individuals is going to be the way to go.

brando
03-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Haven and Hearth worked the exact same way with expanding maps. I may play it by building myself up as part of one of the earlier settlements and then setting off on my own later once the map expands.

LanMandragon
03-16-2010, 07:51 AM
The best siege in Darkfall was the first one. When Hyperion sieged that little hamlet owned by Aesir?

We had the peak playerbase at that point, we all did and the grind hadnt really made anyone superman yet. I remember riding in and thinking "lame there is no one here to fight" as the name Red Morgan or some other identifiable popped up on my screen.
I distinctly remember the "oh shit" moment in vent as we realize you already have the walls. Our cavalry charge into the middle of a line, black company showing up in all matching gear. The fact you guys couldnt damage the stone cause of bugs lost the fight, but the fight was awesome and relatively lag free.
From there imo skill wise and lag wise and the duping the game went downhill.

TangerineSky
03-16-2010, 08:01 AM
LanMandragon wrote:

The best siege in Darkfall was the first one. When Hyperion sieged that little hamlet owned by Aesir?

We had the peak playerbase at that point, we all did and the grind hadnt really made anyone superman yet. I remember riding in and thinking "lame there is no one here to fight" as the name Red Morgan or some other identifiable popped up on my screen.
I distinctly remember the "oh shit" moment in vent as we realize you already have the walls. Our cavalry charge into the middle of a line, black company showing up in all matching gear. The fact you guys couldnt damage the stone cause of bugs lost the fight, but the fight was awesome and relatively lag free.
The most fun for me was when we were sieging all of Yssam at once and about 25 of us (majority DBC) took over CoTP's city for a couple hours from 40 of there members who had to zerg us to death to get it back. That day was none stop fun other then running back and forth across yssam.

Kailas
03-16-2010, 09:49 AM
TangerineSky wrote:

LanMandragon wrote:

The most fun for me was when we were sieging all of Yssam at once and about 25 of us (majority DBC) took over CoTP's city for a couple hours from 40 of there members who had to zerg us to death to get it back. That day was none stop fun other then running back and forth across yssam.

That was a good day (or couple of days really counting denouement). I remember we took 2 cities and occupied a few others. One of my favorites might have been when we occupied a hamlet owned by a neutral faction. It was like, this little guild with like, a house, a bank and a merchant stall and they just kind of nervously sat around and offered to sell us things while we mustered a ~300 man army in their town. That was when Mitsubishi and VG made a coalition of Yssam clans to take over all of Yssam right? And SotA and later Hypertron reinforcements crushed their little plot? Good times.I remember at one point that day I had to go to the bathroom so I left my character in a bush, but in that time Darkfall creeps spawned after players had been in the area for a while so I came back to Mikee and Shamoke and Surly fighting away raptors from my character as he took a dump in the bush.

Also one of my favorite moments; I was using knockback the move and my polearm's natural knockback to knock like a dozen VG off their own tower because they'd crammed up there like sardines. I'd thrown like 5 or 6 off with the help of a dwarf, I don't remember if it was goobles or max or someone, and Mikee, whose on the ground, goes

"What the fuck? How come they're jumping off the tower?"
and I responded "because they know I'm the protagonist."

Also later we were sieging a cave-town and some hypertron semi-leader or something told the DBC to make a line formation at the cave entrance. The DBC being the DBC rather than just ignoring him we did make a line, but we all sat and /drank. Actually, some of the most fun battles I had were when we would hear about hypertron fighting somewhere else and we'd send like, a squad of bored people to help them out. The hypernians would march in formation and stuff and hold positions and generally made for excellent redshirts so that we could go and weave around and do whatever we wanted like spring ambushes and do cavalry charges and just generally act like one of the main characters in a fantasy story.

All of the sieges were fun tbh. Damn shame the game had to be glitchy and laggy and poorly thought-out on a lot of design levels. Honestly if it didn't have the super-eternal-grind to stay viable I'd probably still be playing it.

LanMandragon
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Id still be playing if it wasnt for the grind. I just couldnt play enough to stay competitive. Nor could most of my guys.

brando
03-16-2010, 10:20 AM
One of my favorite memories was evacuating Tequila after we realized the stones were bugged and couldn't be brought down just after release.

We decided to pull back because it was pointless to just keep killing the nakeds over and over again. We beat down their keep and destroyed as many buildings as we could, but couldn't do any damage to the stone. We just kept wrecking their joint figuring if we built up enough points we'd eventually win :laugh:

Once the order was given we had Anvil and co. set up a rear vanguard to protect the withdrawl. I mounted up and stood by Anvil as the rest of Hyperion pulled back. I can't remember who showed up to reinforce VG as we were withdrawing, but we ended up slaughtering them at one of the southern tunnels. I swore to be the last person to leave the island since we couldn't capture it :P

Dominus
03-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Ah, those stories bring a tear to my eyes. Good times.
Wish the game stayed that way forever. I'd still play it.

brando
03-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Kailas wrote:

Also later we were sieging a cave-town and some hypertron semi-leader or something told the DBC to make a line formation at the cave entrance. The DBC being the DBC rather than just ignoring him we did make a line, but we all sat and /drank. Actually, some of the most fun battles I had were when we would hear about hypertron fighting somewhere else and we'd send like, a squad of bored people to help them out. The hypernians would march in formation and stuff and hold positions and generally made for excellent redshirts so that we could go and weave around and do whatever we wanted like spring ambushes and do cavalry charges and just generally act like one of the main characters in a fantasy story.

I told you guys that was part of the whole point!

Wessex wasn't the best at PvP so we used them as a distraction to hold objectives while I sent in Anvil and RSS/others to actually clean out the enemy.

The enemy would focus so much on the formations while they would get ambushed from behind.

And the person that told Red to make the line was me too. The plan was to create a box formation on the inside of the cave and slowly push the enemy back to the edges splitting them up and dividing them. While they were trapped we sent in reinforcements to overwhelm them. After that we created a line blocking off the guild stone and set down cannons behind it to pound the stone down.

All that talk about formations wasn't all for nothing dammit! It paid off at some key moments.

Uzik
03-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I remember at the Bloodclan Ork city when I launched up on the walls before everyone charged in so I could kill some archers.

After running to the top of a tower I saw a guy in full plate and went "Shit!" *knockback* Only later did I realize that I knocked Haeso like 400000 feet off the tower and to the bottom of a cliff.

Good times.

MrEcko
03-16-2010, 01:07 PM
coolest thing i saw was SA going to attack seelie, though half of the people going crashed, it was the most people i've ever seen in a video game that day, darkfall had a lot of short comings, but epic moments were not few nor far between.

Kailas
03-16-2010, 02:12 PM
MrEcko wrote:

coolest thing i saw was SA going to attack seelie, though half of the people going crashed, it was the most people i've ever seen in a video game that day, darkfall had a lot of short comings, but epic moments were not few nor far between.

Yeah, I think the time when Hyperion had the most people was when we took that Mitsubishi city with our tri-cannons and shit. When we were riding to the city it was damn impressive to look around and see hundreds of dudes on mounts surging across the landscape. Even when we broke in halves to take the city from two seperate directions there was still hypertron as far as the camera could see.

Brutix
03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
All these Darkfall stories are pissing me off. I am one of the suckers that couldn't get a copy of the game because of Adventurines limited release. When I did finally get in to join my clan, it was just in time to watch the fall of Hyperion and the KGB storming of Andruk and the fall of The Hundred. Damn it I missed sooo much. damn you Tasos, damn you too hell

edit: I didn't mean that the DF stories are pissing me off, it just pisses me off that I missed most of these events just because i couldn't buy the game. Sounds like i missed the best part of the game.

Wrekkoning
03-17-2010, 02:56 PM
lol, I would guess, 3/5 people that followed DF didnt get into it. I had guys in ATS that followed it for years before release that didnt get in. i'd say atleast 30%. Within 3 months you could see clan numbers dwindling due to IG mechanics.

LanMandragon
03-17-2010, 03:34 PM
MrEcko wrote:

it was cool and yet tragic. We lost that siege before it ever started due to a shard crash. That really was the downfall start of the SA, every siege we ran so many people would crash it would crumble to peices. That attack on seelie we had 150-200 rallied and i made sure everyone stayed in bkbs town while we got the shard carrier out by raft. Crossed a node and crashed.
We decided to just go check it out anyways but that was a disaster. LOD and Cotc had a fuckton of people there and between crashes etc it went poorly.

We did have a good siege of Aesirs hamlet that was pretty epic, good fights until we all crashed when someone TSP or DBC or something also showed up.

I liked the fact that the city we chose as our capital, in fact both cities marithain and darkmoore were 100% totally undefendable. It was so depressing. Just let me design my own fucking walls and shit like shadowbane because apparently everyone since then has been. Incompetent at buildig a wall that cant be jumped over.

MrEcko
03-17-2010, 03:51 PM
just 200 rallied? more than that, it took 20 mins for everyone just to get of the beach. there were players as far as the eye could see. ST brought 75 players alone.

LanMandragon
03-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Oh yeah i think that was the one where the elves joined. I dunno it was as far as the eye could see. Maybe 300. Image was the lead element of 40 guys, the rear got bogged down with crashes.

There was less crashing Early on it seemed. Than as numbers swelled to2-300 a side it got nasty. Apparently Hyperion did a much better job maybe it was all Brando of spreading forces out.

The SA would have failed either way. We didnt demand enough from member guilds. I realized it was going to fail one day when we got wiped with the clan stone 3/4ths of the way down and as my guys are reequiping we realize everyne else is naked. Ats wasnt there. I ask why all the nakeds? The response is no more gear?
I shoulda let Image quit then. But we stuck through it to the embarassing end.

Wrekkoning
03-17-2010, 04:40 PM
LanMandragon wrote:

Oh yeah i think that was the one where the elves joined. I dunno it was as far as the eye could see. Maybe 300. Image was the lead element of 40 guys, the rear got bogged down with crashes.

There was less crashing Early on it seemed. Than as numbers swelled to2-300 a side it got nasty. Apparently Hyperion did a much better job maybe it was all Brando of spreading forces out.

The SA would have failed either way. We didnt demand enough from member guilds. I realized it was going to fail one day when we got wiped with the clan stone 3/4ths of the way down and as my guys are reequiping we realize everyne else is naked. Ats wasnt there. I ask why all the nakeds? The response is no more gear?
I shoulda let Image quit then. But we stuck through it to the embarassing end.

I give IMAGE respect for not quitting when they knew they were surrounded by incompetence. I don't see it as ignorance, i see it as commitment to the bitter end. That's what happens when people have a Vested interest in something. They stay longer then they know they should have.

I also know we had more then 200 guys that day. In fact, i would have guessed more like 350+. The beach finished us off. As soon as people hit the beach, they dropped out. I lost every member of ATS at the beach save 1 or 2. Finished before we even started.

You guys were up front, and i think that stopped you from getting the brunt of the lag. We came in Behind BkB because we were coming from ottenhall.

TangerineSky
03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
The numbers in many of the df battles were astronomical. I remember having 40-50 DBC, 80 SOTA and 300+ Hyperion at some of the battles. Not to mention our opponents fielding 300+. I was in leaders chats for hypertron and it was impressive the amount of organization involved.
If the foundation of Hypertrons leadership was more solid, it wouldn't have been fair, the havoc they would have caused on the server.

Wrekkoning
03-17-2010, 05:28 PM
TangerineSky wrote:

If the foundation of Hypertrons leadership was more solid, it wouldn't have been fair, the havoc they would have caused on the server.

I know the feeling sky.

Lily
03-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Brutix wrote:

All these Darkfall stories are pissing me off.

How about a 'darkfall veterans' thread in OT and you all piss off and circle jerk over your memories in there?

LanMandragon
03-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Surly and Red let me listen to one or two. I was impressed with dbc and anvil. Hyperion not so much.
The mercs well i was impressed though i dont kniw if im impressed they can geind that much.

Uzik
03-17-2010, 11:48 PM
LanMandragon wrote:

Surly and Red let me listen to one or two. I was impressed with dbc and anvil. Hyperion not so much.
The mercs well i was impressed though i dont kniw if im impressed they can geind that much.

The worst part about Hyperion officer chat was the pomp and circumstance.

Manus would log on in the middle of a battle and immediately take over.

The last real battle before Hyperion died (That Hamlet NW of the Dwarf lands) Manus marched the entire army right between two enemy armies.

I was leading an advance party and it was devastating listening to everyone get wiped out on vent. It was probably the most one sided and devastating battle in DFO history.

Wrekkoning
03-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Uzik wrote:

LanMandragon wrote:

The worst part about Hyperion officer chat was the pomp and circumstance.

Manus would log on in the middle of a battle and immediately take over.

The last real battle before Hyperion died (That Hamlet NW of the Dwarf lands) Manus marched the entire army right between two enemy armies.

I was leading an advance party and it was devastating listening to everyone get wiped out on vent. It was probably the most one sided and devastating battle in DFO history.

lol that is horrible. Roll playing for the win.

Karasu
03-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Lily wrote:

Brutix wrote:

How about a 'darkfall veterans' thread in OT and you all piss off and circle jerk over your memories in there?

serioulsy, someone should keep this thread on topic or something. stupid df players, psh.

Wrekkoning
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Karasu wrote:

Lily wrote:

Brutix wrote:

serioulsy, someone should keep this thread on topic or something. stupid df players, psh.

Lol your a cute little monkey, yes you are.... *gives nuggy*

Brutix
03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
oops mt

Ikisis
03-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Well im waiting for more Info on the game before i put anymore effort into it.
I already got enough people to join me from the other games i play we are all just watching and waiting for some video's or some UI screen shots something to go off of.

Virtus
03-20-2010, 11:46 PM
THERE ARE ABOUT 50 THREADS DEALING WITH THIS GAME BEING A SCAM OR VAPORWARE GO USE ONE OF THOSE DON'T CLOG UP ANOTHER THREAD WITH IT! DELETING POSTS!

Komaf
03-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Virtus wrote:

THERE ARE ABOUT 50 THREADS DEALING WITH THIS GAME BEING A SCAM OR VAPORWARE GO USE ONE OF THOSE DON'T CLOG UP ANOTHER THREAD WITH IT! DELETING POSTS!

Just as I thought....moving on. Nothing to see here.

bom jones
03-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Interesting read.

I see some familiar faces that used to play darkfall, a game we still play. Especially interesting to see what these people have to say.

Anyway,
Loving what this game is promising.

Hi we are coming.

Iron Maiden
03-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Hopefully it's not a troll >:D

bom jones
03-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Illmaculate wrote:

Assuming this isn't a troll, look us up. And hello ;). Get that rhade out of retirement.

Dear sir,

Why on earth would you think I'm trolling? :P
It is not a troll. Vanidar promised to work on Rhade so we shall see, if he will bless us with his presence.

Santharix
03-23-2010, 12:40 PM
bom jones wrote:

Illmaculate wrote:

Assuming this isn't a troll, look us up. And hello ;). Get that rhade out of retirement.

Dear sir,

Why on earth would you think I'm trolling? :P
It is not a troll. Vanidar promised to work on Rhade so we shall see, if he will bless us with his presence.

We have converted the faggoty rick astley.

Get Some
03-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Gonna shit all over errybody in this game, no exceptions.

Lily
03-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Everyone? No exceptions? Guess that means you're going to smear yourself with your own shit then. Good going.

Taylor999
03-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Umberto :o , no shit , xD

Get Some
03-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Lily wrote:

Everyone? No exceptions? Guess that means you're going to smear yourself with your own shit then. Good going.

When your shitting on that many people, its pretty hard to keep it all off you. Why fight it?

Karasu
03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
i wonder if exploiting will be as rampant in xyson at launch as it was in df?

Santharix
03-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Karasu wrote:

i wonder if exploiting will be as rampant in xyson at launch as it was in df?

I'm already duping.

Karasu
03-24-2010, 08:38 AM
/sigh for a second there i thought all the old df vets wouldn't feel at home and noobs coudln't get shit on by heavily exploited toons again.

Karasu
03-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Illmaculate wrote:

Relax, bud.

No need for panic just yet.

Relax!? who's not relaxed?!?! I'M TOTALLY RELAXED!?!?!

Santharix
03-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Aww,
so you want to play a game where there is no competition?

Karasu
03-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Santharix wrote:

Aww,

....what? how did you get that? you must be misunderstanding something. i'm all for competition. it's just sad to see people exploit their toons to so far above most other players, then run around saying lol get shit on i'm so much better than you noob.

it seems to me that the people who exploited to get so far ahead of the other players, thereby limiting their chances of being defeated (and also limiting any real competition) are the ones who don't want competition.

maybe it's the people who decided not to exploit and play the game legit, competing with most of the other players--instead of trying to do whatever they could, even exploit (cheat), to get as far ahead as possible, thus limiting lower the level of competition they would face when fighting other people--that really favor competition?

how competitive is it to challenge people at a distinct disadvantage?

Iron Maiden
03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
I've alrdy stocked up on battle spikes for my mana missles.

MrEcko
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Karasu wrote:

Relax!? who's not relaxed?!?! I'M TOTALLY RELAXED!?!?!

Yea your cool as a cucumber...mellow as jello...

Wrekkoning
03-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Karasu wrote:

Santharix wrote:

Aww,

how competitive is it to challenge people at a distinct disadvantage?

Lol if you went by anything most of those guys said in DF... very hard.

MrEcko
03-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

Lol if you went by anything most of those guys said in DF... very hard.

Thats what she said

Bojangles
03-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Crafters (and Kimo) will feel the wrath of the bojangles. Be prepared to get shit on people.

Karasu
03-31-2010, 07:43 AM
really? that's your introduction? striking fear in the hearts of crafters? :silly:

Wrekkoning
03-31-2010, 08:14 AM
A bit understated wasnt it:)

Bojangles
03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Everyone will die.

Karasu
03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Bojangles wrote:

Everyone will die.

better :blink:

leth1337