PDA

View Full Version : How many days until launch

mgilbrtsn
02-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Ok, Ok, I know, another useless poll, but this one is just for fun. The winner gets a free set of bolts in game.

The Question is: How many days before the new servers are here and we are ready to go?

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 10:55 AM
i am guessing when xsyon announces so

mgilbrtsn
02-22-2011, 10:57 AM
i am guessing when xsyon announces so
obviously, like i said, its just a little fun. Don't take everything so seriously.

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 10:57 AM
I am banking on 2 weeks actually, I hope I am wrong :)

Phayz
02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
I am banking on 2 weeks actually, I hope I am wrong :)

i hope you are wrong too lol

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
obviously, like i said, its just a little fun. Don't take everything so seriously.

i wasn't it, my remark was meant as a joke, i guess the crickets were chirping :P

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Guessing Friday the 4th, at 6pm.

Ziggy
02-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Wait, how many days from when you answer the poll, or since the announcement that they would redo the launch?

mgilbrtsn
02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Since the poll

rixk
02-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Launch is 1st march. Have you seen any statement, which has changed that date?

mgilbrtsn
02-22-2011, 01:04 PM

My understanding was that it was scheduled for March 1, but if they got the servers online, they would start earlier. I could be wrong, but that is my understandin of the situation.

rixk
02-22-2011, 01:13 PM
My understanding was that it was scheduled for March 1, but if they got the servers online, they would start earlier. I could be wrong, but that is my understandin of the situation.

Ah you meant server transfer :)

Honelith
02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Friday 25th, hoping earlier though. :(

Ashanti
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi all,

I'll just copy/paste what I posted on the last similar thread in which we were allowed by the Dev's to have our voices heard on when the game should be launched ...

TBH, I know that your intentions are good in terms of releasing the game on a weekend so as to allow as many people to participate as possible, but I think that your initial plans to realease during the week were the right thing to do. It would have brought the servers along with less stress. Releasing the game on a weekend may have the adverse effect of stressing and causing havoc to the server causing unecessary crashes throughout the weekend. We may get really upset if the release is delayed a few more days, but not as upset as having to be forced to experience a weekend full of crashes, lags, and server mishaps.

Anyways, I know people will be looking at me sideways for this post lol, but I still love you all and my heart is in the right place for mentioning this, so I guess I am ok with it.

/dons flame retardant suit and runs for away really fast

I hope Dev Xsyon goes with his initial reaction this time and launches the game during the week. It will allow the servers the opporutnity to be brought around more slowly in preparation for what is going to be another weekend rush.

I love the game. I just want this launch to be perfect this time.

Good luck Xsyon, we are pulling for you :)

orious13
02-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I picked my favorite number :).

Also pre-launch is questionable, but since we get 2 extra weeks actual official launch is 15th I think it was changed.

Tehralph
02-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Launch is March 15th. It says so in the Updates thread. Everyone who says otherwise is wrong.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 04:48 PM

xyson has extended the game time for preorder players for 2 weeks effectively moving launch back to march 15th, the statement is buried somewhere, believe it's in one of the threads in the update forum

mgilbrtsn
02-22-2011, 05:03 PM
xyson has extended the game time for preorder players for 2 weeks effectively moving launch back to march 15th, the statement is buried somewhere, believe it's in one of the threads in the update forum

All players will get two weeks additional free play time. Effectively that makes March 15th our 'official launch' start. The actual start and final wipe will be as soon as possible once we have the new servers set up.

Again, I apologize for this rough start. We'll get over this bump soon!

This is what was written in the announcements page. It talks about the official launch date, and the actual launch date after the servers are up. I took it to mean that we may be able to play sooner if they get the servers up.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 08:10 PM
This is what was written in the announcements page. It talks about the official launch date, and the actual launch date after the servers are up. I took it to mean that we may be able to play sooner if they get the servers up.

i take that to mean the headstart period will start again as soon as possible but the launch that was supposed to be the first will now be the 15th, ofcourse could be wrong.

rixk
02-22-2011, 11:10 PM
I have reat that, the statement was this: "All players will get two weeks additional free play time. Effectively that makes March 15th our 'official launch' start."

It doesn't say one word about actually moving official launch date. Just that first 2 first weeks are free and the billing period starts on 15th.

orious13
02-23-2011, 12:12 AM
I have reat that, the statement was this: "All players will get two weeks additional free play time. Effectively that makes March 15th our 'official launch' start."

It doesn't say one word about actually moving official launch date. Just that first 2 first weeks are free and the billing period starts on 15th.

What? March 15th our 'official launch' start means that the official launch is march 15th... first 2 months are free. Pre-launch is from whenever the final wipe is until march 15th.

rixk
02-23-2011, 12:48 AM
What? March 15th our 'official launch' start means that the official launch is march 15th... first 2 months are free. Pre-launch is from whenever the final wipe is until march 15th.

Do you even know, why people use quotation marks?
Also pre-launch is already going on.. the wipe doesn't change that fact.

Tehralph
02-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Do you even know, why people use quotation marks?
Also pre-launch is already going on.. the wipe doesn't change that fact.
So pre-launch has been going on since open beta? Fuck, 6 months I could have been in-game getting a headstart on everyone else!!

rixk
02-23-2011, 12:56 AM
So pre-launch has been going on since open beta? Fuck, 6 months I could have been in-game getting a headstart on everyone else!!

Playing dumb? Prelaunch has been going on since 18th.

Tehralph
02-23-2011, 01:25 AM
Playing dumb? Prelaunch has been going on since 18th.

Pre-launch was described as the time after the last wipe, where pre-orders could play, and have a headstart on anyone who would wait until launch to order. Seeing as this ISNT a headstart because everything we do will be wiped, it is NOT pre-launch. If you continue to insist were already in pre-launch, I'll just have to assume its only for you to feel some sort of significance, seeing how this argument was started by your need to criticize someone on something they were right about.

rixk
02-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Pre-launch was described as the time after the last wipe, where pre-orders could play, and have a headstart on anyone who would wait until launch to order. Seeing as this ISNT a headstart because everything we do will be wiped, it is NOT pre-launch. If you continue to insist were already in pre-launch, I'll just have to assume its only for you to feel some sort of significance, seeing how this argument was started by your need to criticize someone on something they were right about.

If this is beta, then you must feel special, because you have been awarded 2 weeks free game time for a wipe in beta.

mgilbrtsn
02-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Are we there yet?? Xsyon, please an update on those servers. Are we talking hours, days, weeks? Some kind of timeline, even if its wrong, would give me a little something to look forward to.

FabricSoftener
02-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Are we there yet?? Xsyon, please an update on those servers. Are we talking hours, days, weeks? Some kind of timeline, even if its wrong, would give me a little something to look forward to.

I would (actually have) make other flexiable plans this weekend (going to lose a boat in Darkfall). I think its highly likely it will not be this weekend.

mgilbrtsn
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I would (actually have) make other flexiable plans this weekend (going to lose a boat in Darkfall). I think its highly likely it will not be this weekend.

But I want it!!!! ;)

FabricSoftener
02-23-2011, 11:10 AM
But I want it!!!! ;)

yeah but:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwTEtE_n0x8

My god, each one of those ships most likely has at least 3 players on it and the large one more then likely has around 20. That seatower event must have been massive!

Trigun
02-23-2011, 03:44 PM
[23/02/2011 - 05:34:19] <04DJSean00> Virtus do you have an update sir on an eta for the server?
[23/02/2011 - 05:34:31] <06Virtus> before march 1st :)

i hope is true :D

Honelith
02-24-2011, 04:09 AM
So, they have 4 days to sort this before 1st March hits. And one of those days is a Sunday, so make it 3 days to hit this deadline. Uh oh, I don't see it happening...If by miracle they hit their deadline, I'd be suitably impressed, if they miss it, I'd be very concerned. A part of me wants to play this brilliant game, but another part is niggling me becuse of all the problems even after a great length of time in beta.

bruisie159
02-24-2011, 04:13 AM
So, they have 4 days to sort this before 1st March hits. And one of those days is a Sunday, so make it 3 days to hit this deadline. Uh oh, I don't see it happening...If by miracle they hit their deadline, I'd be suitably impressed, if they miss it, I'd be very concerned. A part of me wants to play this brilliant game, but another part is niggling me becuse of all the problems even after a great length of time in beta.

lol i dont imagine they will be having Sunday off at the golf club. And dont forget a big part of sorting out is the server move. After the pre launch launch they will still have 2 weeks for fixes ect