PDA

View Full Version : What class are you?

bruisie159
02-22-2011, 02:01 PM
A friend of mine was talking about how people on benefits sit around all day on their xbox 360's and it got me thinking. Are mmorpgs like xyson populated more by the middle classes or is it more broad based? It does kind of feel right that consoles may be more for the working/underclasses but lets find out. Please its essential that you be honest and im not including "upper class" because non of you are.

beauhindman
02-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Are you literally being serious right now?

Beau

Kaisermn
02-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Class of '92

orious13
02-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Why is this in the prelude section? Why do you keep making threads o.O ? lol

bruisie159
02-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Why is this in the prelude section? Why do you keep making threads o.O ? lol

Could be moved to general discussion i suppose. I just wondered about the xsyon player base, my theory seems to be somewhat correct so far going by the results. It is possible however that people dont always answer but remember it is anonymous.

FabricSoftener
02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I would rather people sit at home and play Xbox all day then spend the entire day creating toxic waste to throw in the river all day next.

just becuase its work doesnt mean its good.

Dereknor
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
what is the difference between working/middle or under class? ;)
And whats about the upper classes? I think they play mmorpgs too.

I'm not sure, I think I'm working class? because I work ;) but under and middle class are working too?

JCatano
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Upper class doesn't play MMOs. They work 80 hours a week.

bruisie159
02-22-2011, 02:39 PM
what is the difference between working/middle or under class? ;)
And whats about the upper classes? I think they play mmorpgs too.

I'm not sure, I think I'm working class? because I work ;) but under and middle class are working too?

Under - dont work, long term unemployed - scrounger types maybe some petty crime.
Middle -0 professional positions, educated to higher level. different values like valuing education over money. Maybe own a detached home with a nice kitchen. Kids go to swimming club. May prefer rugby to football.

SOme working class people may think they are middle class because they have decent money. This very thought excludes them from the middle classes.

Upper - probably dont play mmorpgs

Dereknor
02-22-2011, 02:56 PM
I think I'm middle class then, with low money hehe

Webdeveloper for a small company, earning low money for the work, and just working 20 hours per week. So I might be middle class if I work full time ;) so I'm about working class? But I just earn €100 more money then long term unemployed people, so I might also be under class. I think I'm part of all 3 classes :)

Shukano
02-22-2011, 02:58 PM
lol, what completely ridiculous generalizations you make. Your class descriptions are borderline insulting. I can't see how you can classify everyone into those classes. I'm glad you're not part of the census.
You don't even specify what incomes make you fit into these classes, all you do is make broad speculations based on personal feelings and preference in activities.

For the love of anything holy, shut this thread down and put a temp ban on posting to the OP...

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
lol, what completely ridiculous generalizations you make. Your class descriptions are borderline insulting. I can't see how you can classify everyone into those classes. I'm glad you're not part of the census.
You don't even specify what incomes make you fit into these classes, all you do is make broad speculations based on personal feelings and preference in activities.

For the love of anything holy, shut this thread down and put a temp ban on posting to the OP...

You ever wonder why everyone is laughing but you still dont get the joke....yeah

Tehralph
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM

Or a permanent ban.

I would rather people sit at home and play Xbox all day then spend the entire day creating toxic waste to throw in the river all day next.

just becuase its work doesnt mean its good.
I would rather OP create toxic waste than these useless threads, not that they bare any difference.

Shukano
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
You ever wonder why everyone is laughing but you still dont get the joke....yeah

I got it (thus the "lol" at the beginning of the post), it just wasn't funny.
But I guess finding it funny puts you in the Underclass... yeah

Tandarie
02-22-2011, 03:12 PM
This is so stupid.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Aww are we mad now? Of course i voted underclass...who would vote seriously? Power to the underclass!

shadowlz
02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm sure the CEO of blizzard plays at least one MMO.

EDIT: also its well known that there are celebrities that play MMORPGs like WoW.

markusan
02-22-2011, 04:53 PM
+1 vote for the single most retarded poll ever created!

jumpshot
02-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Upper class doesn't play MMOs. They work 80 hours a week.

lol @ upperclass "working"

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:34 PM

its hard work sipping a tom collins while at the same time trying to reach that perfect tan near the pool without overdoing it.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 06:35 PM

^

JCatano
02-22-2011, 06:49 PM

There is a difference between "upper class" and Paris Hilton-like people. The latter are simply lucky.

Beleg
02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
This Poll is discriminatory. I am Upper Elite class. Where is the poll for that?

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 08:15 PM
...words... I am Upper Elite class. ...more words...?

Im sorry, but read the TOS, that is against game policy and your account will be revoked shortly.

bruisie159
02-23-2011, 01:00 AM
let me clear a couple of things up. Firstly this poll is not meant to be insulting to amnyone and if it is i think it says more about you than me to be honest.

Secondly, i domnt specify an income bracket for each class because one doesnt exist. In the Uk the average working class was is around £21k for working class and for middle class its around £26k so not much difference. Of course towards the top of the middle classes (upper middle class) people will be earning more - investment bankers, doctors, celebrities, ceo of WoW. Neither the CEO of WoW or "celebrities" are upper class.

So dont just think about income its more about education, values and your circle of friends.

Edit: I have to generalise. thats what the class system does by its very nature! Sorry, i didnt invent it!

GuideRaguel
02-23-2011, 01:27 AM
This is borderlining, i'll move it to the General Discussion, and let Virtus the Forums Administrator take a look.

bruisie159
02-23-2011, 01:47 AM
This is borderlining, i'll move it to the General Discussion, and let Virtus the Forums Administrator take a look.

Fair enough

Saorlan
02-23-2011, 04:33 AM
I can't be bothered to find the evidence but I have seen that less educated families have XBox/PS3 - whilst anyone with a brain only has a PC.

I mean why would anyone buy a machine that is substandard to a PC and that only has shitty action titles on it? FPS games need a keyboard and mouse so why anyone would play on an XBox or PS3 is beyond me. Low IQ I would presume.

Mims44
02-23-2011, 04:45 AM
let me clear a couple of things up. Firstly this poll is not meant to be insulting to amnyone and if it is i think it says more about you than me to be honest.

Secondly, i domnt specify an income bracket for each class because one doesnt exist. In the Uk the average working class was is around £21k for working class and for middle class its around £26k so not much difference. Of course towards the top of the middle classes (upper middle class) people will be earning more - investment bankers, doctors, celebrities, ceo of WoW. Neither the CEO of WoW or "celebrities" are upper class.

So dont just think about income its more about education, values and your circle of friends.

Edit: I have to generalise. thats what the class system does by its very nature! Sorry, i didnt invent it!

People have such strange thought processes...