PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm your not so-friend that ___

furanku
02-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Hello ^_^ I am Furanku; leader of Fallen Lords Tribe. I've been reading up and down the forums and noticed a lot of things that I wanted to mention in my own words. This might end up as a wall of text so if you don’t want to read ^_^ don’t bother.

I have been reading the Care Bear posts and the PK posts, and I have some things to say to both sides since you both are obviously retarded and can’t figure out 2+2. I consider myself a PK (player killer) and there are just things we PK’s do that Blues don’t (Blues = The Average player) like:

1. Kill you
2. Loot you
3. Repeadly Kill if need
4. Cast Poison and watch you die slowly as we eat popcorn. (this is not this game obviously)
5. Possible Res-Kill you when are weaken.
6. Grief the living shit out of you doing the following
• Following you everywhere
• Stalking you for hours on end
• Call you names
• Crush your hopes and dreams and make you emo-tear or Rage-quit
• Follow you home (if your protection is off) and kill you, for fun.

However to every PK there is a Anti (a person who hunts PKs) and usually the ratios is not 1:1 its more like 1:5 since PK’s have a habit of pissing everyone off. However begin a PK, Anti, or even a Blue doesn’t matter it is your choice of playing the game. I may prefer killing you, but others may prefer harvesting that grass and making funny looking armor! But hey; more power to you if that is how you like playing so be it. However, that does not entitle you to be a stupid person that cannot even protect yourself!
Note on Hand-To-Hand Combat PK-Killing:

I half agree that it is retarded to kill New players; however currently this is testing not even the game yet. After the Final Wipe; I personally see the point in killing new players for their tools ^_^ but right now yea I don’t get it.

What was the point of this:
I wanted to post something cool; but probably failed. ^_^

BigCountry
02-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Post of the day!

Cheers!

*casts poison and gets popcorn*

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Hello ^_^ I am Furanku; leader of Fallen Lords Tribe. I've been reading up and down the forums and noticed a lot of things that I wanted to mention in my own words. This might end up as a wall of text so if you don’t want to read ^_^ don’t bother.

I have been reading the Care Bear posts and the PK posts, and I have some things to say to both sides since you both are obviously retarded and can’t figure out 2+2. I consider myself a PK (player killer) and there are just things we PK’s do that Blues don’t (Blues = The Average player) like:

1. Kill you
2. Loot you
3. Repeadly Kill if need
4. Cast Poison and watch you die slowly as we eat popcorn. (this is not this game obviously)
• Call you names

However to every PK there is a Anti (a person who hunts PKs) and usually the ratios is not 1:1 its more like 1:5 since PK’s have a habit of pissing everyone off. However begin a PK, Anti, or even a Blue doesn’t matter it is your choice of playing the game. I may prefer killing you, but others may prefer harvesting that grass and making funny looking armor! But hey; more power to you if that is how you like playing so be it. However, that does not entitle you to be a stupid person that cannot even protect yourself!
Note on Hand-To-Hand Combat PK-Killing:

I half agree that it is retarded to kill New players; however currently this is testing not even the game yet. After the Final Wipe; I personally see the point in killing new players for their tools ^_^ but right now yea I don’t get it.

What was the point of this:

Dude, i live within general chat range of this guy...he really DOES use ^_^ in every line of text....a legend amongst men.

Also, ill contact you in game, should M2S not make an in game appearance ( loved what you guys did to perpetuum) ill be joining you *glares at bigcountry*

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Name me the game where for every PK there was an Anti who spends just as many hours in game as the PK does. I've yet to see it. There are far more PKers than there are defenders in every game I've played, and responses to a victim's plea for help in any channel are met with everything from, "You should join a guild, then this won't happen," to "PvP happened in a PvP game, cry moar, noob!" I have yet to see anyone ask for help and get the response, "Where are you, and is he still there?" Except the one or two times I actually was the one doing the responding. Why only one or two times? Because the victim's answer to my questions were too often, "Not he, them. I think there were five. Maybe six. All wearing (insert name or description of best, shiniest armor and weapons in game).

And yet and still, do you see me on this forum crying for no pvp or consensual only pvp? No, you do not. But there has to be limitations, and I'm fine with the current limitation, which is that you can attack me anywhere outside one tiny spot of land for the next 6-9 months. We'll see what happens after that. Maybe there will be mechanics in game that will allow me to protect my Homestead, maybe not. I'm content to wait and find out.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 04:40 PM
I personally see the point in killing new players for their tools

you can try that all you want with me, i'd just run into water, die and bam you can't loot me :P Trust me it works everytime i've been killed it has been in water and everytime the pker complains he can't loot while i'm laughing at 'em.

BigCountry
02-22-2011, 04:41 PM
you can try that all you want with me, i'd just run into water, die and bam you can't loot me :P Trust me it works everytime i've been killed it has been in water and everytime the pker complains he can't loot while i'm laughing at 'em.

Now see THIS is what I am talking about. Somone who took actions into his own hands.

Bravo Krueak.
:D

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 04:44 PM

I would have also accepted "speed deleting my inventory before you can loot it"

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Now see THIS is what I am talking about. Somone who took actions into his own hands.

Bravo Krueak.

just because i can deal with it, still doesn't mean i like it, i'm interested in more of the crafting side of xsyon and don't want to have to worry about watching my back 100% of the time. i don't mind doing it while out gathering what i need but when i have multiple windows open crafting items and can't see the game world that is when i would like to not deal with it. I've said previous i don't mind pvp just don't like what PVP has turned into in most games. I bet atleast half of the pker's can't define what PVP actually is.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 04:52 PM
just because i can deal with it, still doesn't mean i like it, i'm interested in more of the crafting side of xsyon and don't want to have to worry about watching my back 100% of the time. i don't mind doing it while out gathering what i need but when i have multiple windows open crafting items and can't see the game world that is when i would like to not deal with it. I've said previous i don't mind pvp just don't like what PVP has turned into in most games. I bet atleast half of the pker's can't define what PVP actually is.

Join a pvp tribe then...if you cant beat em join em...and nothing works better than using an obvous crafter as bait with 5 man gank squad watching him, waiting for a ganker to try and get you. You can easily be the crafter in a pvp world, just make some pvp friends who want to protect you.

Also, not sure if this works in tribe, but you need someone around to skill your hide skill, why not find a combat character to follow you in hide and await for someone to attack you.

Theres lots of ways to gain saftey in an unsafe world without having the guides or developers step in.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Join a pvp tribe then...if you cant beat em join em...and nothing works better than using an obvous crafter as bait with 5 man gank squad watching him, waiting for a ganker to try and get you. You can easily be the crafter in a pvp world, just make some pvp friends who want to protect you.

Also, not sure if this works in tribe, but you need someone around to skill your hide skill, why not find a combat character to follow you in hide and await for someone to attack you.

Theres lots of ways to gain saftey in an unsafe world without having the guides or developers step in.

Predator to prey ratio unbalancing even further...tipping...tipping...oh, whoops! That's it, guys, the last genuine, independent crafter just left the game.

So now who do we kill?

I dunno, but I heard this new game coming out next week is really cool.

Chavoda
02-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Good luck on your endeavors to make our live a hell, that said, The game will offer all sorts of pvp, but going beyond the gray and into Lala lolz griefer land will most likely bring you but one thing, a nice warm ban. so far the GM's have bin pretty clear on such behavior.

PK , cool, need enemies, grief ..bad personality that has little to do whit game freedom.

Now I go get some candy and watch this thread go into a wild fire..

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:00 PM

Bravo Krueak.

I second this :_)

Dirt
02-22-2011, 05:01 PM

1. Kill you
2. Loot you
3. Repeadly Kill if need
• Call you names

This sort of bullshit is why i spank my goddam kids

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Good luck on your endeavors to make our live a hell, that said, The game will offer all sorts of pvp, but going beyond the gray and into Lala lolz griefer land will most likely bring you but one thing, a nice warm ban. so far the GM's have bin pretty clear on such behavior.

PK , cool, need enemies, grief ..bad personality that has little to do whit game freedom.

Now I go get some candy and watch this thread go into a wild fire..

There is no rule in the TOS that forbids players from stalking enemies, harassing them on a game level of gathering their items, and targetting them. However the TOS does state that no one shall be called "Names" of such name related to reacistic terms.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:03 PM
No one has named that mythical game where there are just as many PKer killing defenders of the innocent as there are bloodthirsty PKers out to kill and loot the innocent.

Go ahead, think of one. I'll wait.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:04 PM

Buddy it is all a game, just a game deep breathe no need to raise your blood pressure. ^_^ and by the way I'm not really a kid fyi.

There is methods to everyone's game play I just stated more of the PK side than the Anti's and Blues., I can if yar really want.

furanku
No one has named that mythical game where there are just as many PKer killing defenders of the innocent as there are bloodthirsty PKers out to kill and loot the innocent.

Go ahead, think of one. I'll wait.

Ultima Online, Eve Online here are two.

djext2000

+1

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:07 PM
+1

if that was +1 I'd love to see what you think about Sponge Bob _^

Palazious
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM

High security areas do the protecting in Eve.. not anti-pks. I never played UO so can't comment on that one.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Dude, i live within general chat range of this guy...he really DOES use ^_^ in every line of text....a legend amongst men.

Also, ill contact you in game, should M2S not make an in game appearance ( loved what you guys did to perpetuum) ill be joining you *glares at bigcountry*

awe we'd like to have you ^_^ but we are Building and PVP ^_^ I love sandbox games so I want to explore doing everything, but PVP will be on my top to do list. But, honestly a Legend ?! lol come'on not a legend yet ^_^

Honelith
02-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I read anti-grief play will be enforced. Just so you know.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:11 PM
High security areas do the protecting in Eve.. not anti-pks. I never played UO so can't comment on that one.

.4 is low security and plenty of people use Help chat to have people fly in and help them or save them, has happen 100's of times in the duration of the time I have played and I was apart of BoB and United fleet. So I've seen it to count on it.

Ultima was Sandbox like this time, ^_^ it was epic in OPEN PVP ^_^ truely a god amongst games.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I read anti-grief play will be enforced. Just so you know.

I want a clear answer than : what is Griefing, becuase for me it is not cheating

it is just finding someone and ruining their day.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't think you understand that this is not darkfall, and if it doesn't say you can't grief players in the TOS - these guys will put it there quick.

I remember you and your wife in Darkfall, you didn't last long there and it's just a matter of time before you leave this game too.

Umm my wife? wrong person maybe buddy. And I did play Darkfall and I lasted 7 months until the speedhacking turned me off in the end.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:19 PM

A guide clarified this to me, and perhaps one here can confirm for all to see.

Griefers will get a warning for killing the same person about 20 times in about an hour. So take breaks often. Anyway you need to let them amass more items to cry over losing, and 20 times in an hour, well then they really are not losing much to cry about...are they?

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Umm my wife? wrong person maybe buddy. And I did play Darkfall and I lasted 7 months until the speedhacking turned me off in the end.

See you had a wife and didnt even know it...GRATZ

Dirt
"Buddy it is all a game, just a game deep breathe no need to raise your blood pressure. ^_^ and by the way I'm not really a kid fyi. "

Go get me a stick, twat.

ifireallymust

You beat me to it.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:22 PM
See you had a wife and didnt even know it...GRATZ

OH SNAP!

MrKrueak

i don't know about ultima online, eve online it depends, 0.0 is mostly kill on sight if you don't belong to alliance with one exception been a while since i played so i can't remember the alliance name but i know they were mostly ammarrian, but basically 0.0 is alliance warfare, low sec is all about the gankers this is where most of the pirate corps reside. high sec is mostly pve oriented but has corp warfare which alot if pvp corps wardec indy corps. then of course you have the high sec pirates. there are a few bounty hunter or mercenary corps but are few of them.

I loved eve online and just to prove i'm not a pvp wuss i was a low sec pirate at times would be -10 in security rating, other times i'd be in high sec if my sec status was high enough and can flip. My feelings about pvp comes from being on both sides of the fence. I understand both sides which is why i think eve did it right with their pvp. it was possible to gank in high sec but as long as you weren't stupid you were safe. the same cannot be said with xyson in the starting areas. Solo players will even have a harder time than tribes. I pretty much agree tribal areas should not be safe but homesteads should be.

furanku
"Buddy it is all a game, just a game deep breathe no need to raise your blood pressure. ^_^ and by the way I'm not really a kid fyi. "

Go get me a stick, twat.

okie twit.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
i don't know about ultima online, eve online it depends, 0.0 is mostly kill on sight if you don't belong to alliance with one exception been a while since i played so i can't remember the alliance name but i know they were mostly ammarrian, but basically 0.0 is alliance warfare, low sec is all about the gankers this is where most of the pirate corps reside. high sec is mostly pve oriented but has corp warfare which alot if pvp corps wardec indy corps. then of course you have the high sec pirates. there are a few bounty hunter or mercenary corps but are few of them.

I loved eve online and just to prove i'm not a pvp wuss i was a low sec pirate at times would be -10 in security rating, other times i'd be in high sec if my sec status was high enough and can flip. My feelings about pvp comes from being on both sides of the fence. I understand both sides which is why i think eve did it right with their pvp. it was possible to gank in high sec but as long as you weren't stupid you were safe. the same cannot be said with xyson in the starting areas. Solo players will even have a harder time than tribes. I pretty much agree tribal areas should not be safe but homesteads should be.

I've done the 10 to -10 back to -10 to 10 so many times :( But yeah I'm talking about low sec ^_^ no 0.0 I've seen it many times " HELP I AM BEGIN ATTACKED" " WHERE" "BY MOON V" Okie incoming help.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:24 PM
The fallen lords had a dude and his wife, may not have been you- but you were all the same.

lol, i noticed he had nothing to say about the rest of my post.

Fallen Lords it depends on the chapter man. But I played Launch and it was run by me Solo. Before EA /NA was divided. No wife was in that.

and 7 months is plenty of time to get used to a game. Darkfall failed when it could not stop speedhacking.

Honelith
02-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Basically everything listed in your first post is griefing. I'm all for PVP and I intend to do alot of it in this game, but players like you who thrive on ruining a players day always ruins a good PVP game. But you do what must be done, I look forward to getting my share of griefers heads on a stick.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Basically everything listed in your first post is griefing. I'm all for PVP and I intend to do alot of it in this game, but players like you who thrive on ruining a players day always ruins a good PVP game. But you do what must be done, I look forward to getting my share of griefers heads on a stick.

I have to say the PVP world has changed a lot, and reading what you just said, makes me laugh because We've done that shit in Eve, UO, Camlot etc.. other games. And if Everything I said on there is considered Griefing than PVP gaming has become limp, tainted and slowly pathetic. Even now when I was game I chased down a group of players looted, killed looted until I got all the loot. Was that Griefing ? No it wans't It securing loot.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 05:29 PM
I have to say the PVP world has changed a lot, and reading what you just said, makes me laugh because We've done that shit in Eve, UO, Camlot etc.. other games. And if Everything I said on there is considered Griefing than PVP gaming has become limp, tainted and slowly pathetic. Even now when I was game I chased down a group of players looted, killed looted until I got all the loot. Was that Griefing ? No it wans't It securing loot.

do you know what pvp(player vs player) means?

KeithStone
02-22-2011, 05:30 PM

the only thing considered griefing, is doing everything you can to ruin someons gameplay. PVP'ing in a PVP game is not grief.

this community doesn't need to worry, if you guys do anything that is actually considered griefing you will either be banned or more systems will be put in place to keep the griefing from taking place.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:30 PM
do you know what pvp(player vs player) means?

pvp is more than jsut Player Vs Player

PVP is a way of Playing, so do know what PVP is?

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:32 PM
the only thing considered griefing, is doing everything you can to ruin someons gameplay. PVP'ing in a PVP game is not grief.

this community doesn't need to worry, if you guys do anything that is actually considered griefing you will either be banned or more systems will be put in place to keep the griefing from taking place.

Exactly if anything is consider against the TOS than a GM/Developer or whatever will explain to us what we are doing, and we will reframe from it. however, some new rules might come out because of it, it just depends on what happens and how it is happening.

Now Ruining someone's gameplay is done, once you kill someone who doesnt' want to Pvp. . ^_^ .. but that is not greifing. It all comes down to situation.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:34 PM

might have missed me posting this:

A guide clarified for me what was griefing: about 20 kills in about an hour....you could do everything the OP listed and be done in 5 kills, well under griefer territory...and even then they said you get a warning about it first. Ive come close in game, and i know ive been reported for griefing, never a peep back or a warning or a "your getting close to a warning buddy"

Its going to be difficult to grief, and it reall is going to take effort and actually harass them i think.

Honelith
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
I have to say the PVP world has changed a lot, and reading what you just said, makes me laugh because We've done that shit in Eve, UO, Camlot etc.. other games.

The PVP world hasn't changed at all, you just have to accept you're playing their game which is trying to achieve things differently to most MMO's, and the developers don't favour PVP because that wasn't their goal in this game. EVE, UO, Camelot, DFall was built around PVP, this is built around crafting. I can't imagine this game nourishing your desire to grief the hell out of players for long.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 05:38 PM
pvp is more than jsut Player Vs Player

PVP is a way of Playing, so do know what PVP is?

pvp is exactly player vs player whether it is killing one another, crafting/gathering, trading. Anytime you are competing with another player is pvp, for example market trading in eve online is a form of pvp, another xyson example someone trading with one but not another because of alignment is considered pvp. PVP is not only killing someone, denying another of a resource or item is also a form of pvp.

as i said before pvp is a misused term, most griefers just don't know what it truly is. Unfortunately i think alot of this is because of the console era but thats another story.

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
The PVP world hasn't changed at all, you just have to accept you're playing their game which is trying to achieve things differently to most MMO's, and the developers don't favour PVP because that wasn't their goal in this game. EVE, UO, Camelot, DFall was built around PVP, this is built around crafting. I can't imagine this game nourishing your desire to grief the hell out of players for long.

UO - Based on Simple Sandbox pleasure gameplay; PVP was a side-affect of them not thinking ahead. Origion when with it and created the single most indepth PVP system. Full Loot, combat and most of all Content. UO also help deisgn Housing, Custom housing Deisngs, etc.. UO was mainly a gmae where players can live and have fun.

Eve- Built around Intense Space Concept; and Questing Not PVP

Darkfall - Built around PVP

Camelot - Built around Building Castles/ Cities etc..

did you play any of these games man?

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:41 PM
pvp is exactly player vs player whether it is killing one another, crafting/gathering, trading. Anytime you are competing with another player is pvp, for example market trading in eve online is a form of pvp, another xyson example someone trading with one but not another because of alignment is considered pvp. PVP is not only killing someone, denying another of a resource or item is also a form of pvp.

as i said before pvp is a misused term, most griefers just don't know what it truly is. Unfortunately i think alot of this is because of the console era but thats another story.

Possibly however, PVP is now only used in terms for "Player vs Player combat" not Trading Wars etc... However on a Historic Level you are 100% right.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Eve- Built around Intense Space Concept; and Questing Not PVP

i have to laugh at this, eve was built around pvp and alliance/corporation building. eve is all about controlling the resources and since you called it questing you must have not played, you run missions in eve and these missions are just a pure after thought.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Possibly however, PVP is now only used in terms for "Player vs Player combat" not Trading Wars etc... However on a Historic Level you are 100% right.

that is why i say it is a misused term and that most pker's don't know the true meaning of it, until you can understand what it is than i don't think anyone can be called a true pvper but simply a pker out to ruin anothers gameplay. You have to understand a game like xyson needs the crafters to survive if you run them off then the game will die a very slow death or the pkers will simply get bored because they will have to craft their own crap

there are 2 crowds here, the true pvp'rs that are here for the tribal warfare then the pker's that just want to gank and grief

Rykard
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Camelot - Built around Building Castles/ Cities etc..

Uhh? You couldn't build a damn thing in DAoC, it was all about (until ToA introduced a bunch of lameass raid junk) PvP/RvR and conquering territory/relics.

pilok
02-22-2011, 05:48 PM

I used to pirate in eve, four of the five years i played (taking a year break but still training skills) so i do like pvp, but pvp in this game is just boring.
If they improve it , then i'm sure i will often pvp, but for now it's just see what all this carebear stuff has to offer.

Palazious
02-22-2011, 05:50 PM
IMO, real pvp is Player(s)v. Player(s) killing or controlling others for strategic advantage or for show of dominance over one that possibly has a chance of PvP skill or preparedness.

Those who call themselves PvP'rs that camp spawn points, noob areas or repeatedly kill some crafter for kicks while they won't attempt real pvp by going against someone(s) who might be prepared are just cowards, griefers and wanna-be pvp'rs.

Only time will tell if this will actually be a world-building MMO with open pvp or reduce itself to another darkfall/MO gankfest.

Honelith
02-22-2011, 05:52 PM

EVE since 2004 with over 54 million skillpoints as a Gallente jack of all trades. DAOC since 2001 mostly as a Midgard player with other classes spread over Albion too. Have a Skald, 2 x Savage, Shaman, Valkyrie, 2 x Warrior and a Hunter, still play it today. Darkfall failed as soon as I joined a clan and found every member would goto bed and leave their characater logged in with macro software to build up their stats/skills. Never played UO but its PVP received nothing but praise.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 05:55 PM
EVE since 2004 with over 54 million skillpoints as a Gallente jack of all trades. .

although i sold him awhile ago since i don't play eve anymore i had a minmatar character with almost 80 million skill points mostly combat/ship related with some industrial thrown in when i got tired of the pirate ways towards the end.

edit: was also in eve from launch in 2003 until mid 2010

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
I like the ffa full loot pvp enviroment, it adds a thrill to even the simplest,a nd usualy boring otherwise, tasks.

I dont go running around murdering people for dominance, or for epeen, or because i have issues (tho i am deranged)

I do it for the unknown, every battle, every gank goes down diffrent. There are consequences for these actions that is often fun as well. It add variety, and get to meet a lot of new people.

This game will only be "another DF/MO gankfest" if you allow it to be, and i dont mean having the developers step in and regulate. Creat consequences, protect yourself and use your damn head in game....why do i keep finding inventories full of valuables and tools...why do you need tools anywhere other thean your totem.... why do you keep comming back when i just told you im going to kill you every time i see you..some people just dont get it.

Also this game wont be another DF/MO gankfest because its not a combat focused game, theres other things to do, which DF never had, and MO never deliverd.

The game will be more than a gankfest, once there are other things for a combat character to do, however ganking will always exist in a ffa pvp game...always. you dont like it then really for a pve server with duel request and arenas or whatever the carebears like these days.

Honelith
although i sold him awhile ago since i don't play eve anymore i had a minmatar character with almost 80 million skill points mostly combat/ship related with some industrial thrown in when i got tired of the pirate ways towards the end.

edit: was also in eve from launch in 2003 until mid 2010

Nice, so your character was around 6 years old to accumulate all those SP's? Hope you got your moneys worth when you sold him. :)

Just noticed your edit, it was a rough guess ! :p

BigCountry
i have to laugh at this, eve was built around pvp and alliance/corporation building. eve is all about controlling the resources and since you called it questing you must have not played, you run missions in eve and these missions are just a pure after thought.

/this

Far as grieving just use common sense. Don't camp. Stay moving. You raid in this game not PK. PK'ing is just the perk in raiding.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Nice, so your character was around 6 years old to accumulate all those SP's? Hope you got your moneys worth when you sold him. :)

Just noticed your edit, it was a rough guess ! :p

i don't remember what i got, didn't really care as i had got to the point i was done with eve. I probably would have given him away if someone had asked :P

Honelith
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Damn, so I missed a golden opportunity ! :(

Hooflung
02-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Players like Furanku come and go quickly in games. They come in, spout some crap about camping the hell out of you, try it for a while in game, get bored and leave. Saying you 'PvP' is not a cool, edgy thing to make your e-peen extra large to your ilk, it makes you look like a child to the rest of us. Camping people until they log off may be funny and enjoyful for you and your 5 or so followers, but, in reality, it's childsplay, and griefing.

I'm sure you will run as an evil entity. That's cool. Be warned you will respawn at your own totem, meanwhile, non-evil aligned will spawn right in front of you while you are patting yourself on the back, and kill you. I'm glad you have come to play, you have lots of running to do. Oh, and if you roll a good or neutral char and start PK'ing random toons, you will be reverted to evil (planned anyhow).

The whole "20 times an hour" theory is just an example of griefing, not the defacto standard. I'm sure more then half of Furanku's list will coming under the heading of griefing.

BTW, welcome Furanku, you may not know of the Regulators yet, but you just may very soon. :D

Chavoda
02-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Hold on guys, I need more Candy.....

Edit: Ok done, got more candy, continue,
Oh as a contribution to this thread,

Grief the living shit out of you doing the following (your a grief-er, not a pvp'er according to this)
• Following you everywhere (Might not be grief,depends on other actions)
• Stalking you for hours on end (Might not be grief,depends on other actions)
• Call you names (grief)
• Crush your hopes and dreams and make you emo-tear or Rage-quit (grief)
• Follow you home (if your protection is off) and kill you, for fun ( not grief if left by that )

Any action outside PvP parameters intended to make a other player quite a game just for your own lolz is grief. name calling is such a thing, in pvp things can get heated but while we play a game its up to both parties to remember that and remember that we all are real people, try to remain civil about it.

BigCountry
02-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Damn, so I missed a golden opportunity ! :(

No doubt....

I can fly orcas and freighters now finally on my industy toon...just cannot afford orcas and freighters......lol! some day...

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 06:14 PM
No doubt....

I can fly orcas and freighters now finally on my industy toon...just cannot afford orcas and freighters......lol! some day...

isk is easy to come by if you know how, unfortunately the fastest and easiest way for most was to simply to farm the higher tiered missions and then salvage said mission. Trading is probably the second fastest and easiest but if you have a large ammount to invest in trading than it could quickly become the fastest by far. 0.0 mining is probably the third fastest but not easiest way to make isk unless you are in an alliance or protected access to 0.0 if you were friendly with one then it could be the fastest if you had the skills as it could easly bring in 50 to 100 mil an hour but the problem is most of the time you are mining 0.0 for your alliance wars not money.

furanku
02-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Players like Furanku come and go quickly in games. They come in, spout some crap about camping the hell out of you, try it for a while in game, get bored and leave. Saying you 'PvP' is not a cool, edgy thing to make your e-peen extra large to your ilk, it makes you look like a child to the rest of us. Camping people until they log off may be funny and enjoyful for you and your 5 or so followers, but, in reality, it's childsplay, and griefing.

I'm sure you will run as an evil entity. That's cool. Be warned you will respawn at your own totem, meanwhile, non-evil aligned will spawn right in front of you while you are patting yourself on the back, and kill you. I'm glad you have come to play, you have lots of running to do. Oh, and if you roll a good or neutral char and start PK'ing random toons, you will be reverted to evil (planned anyhow).

The whole "20 times an hour" theory is just an example of griefing, not the defacto standard. I'm sure more then half of Furanku's list will coming under the heading of griefing.

BTW, welcome Furanku, you may not know of the Regulators yet, but you just may very soon. :D

I agree but for some reason everyone is now thinking that is what I do ^_^ and didn't read what I wrote prpoerly

Mims44
02-22-2011, 06:18 PM
You know, I see millions of these posts on every game forum I've ever checked out. One group yells pro PvP the other Yells PvE only. and then theres the "compromise" group that want PvE and really watered down PvP.
I honestly am still a little surprised at the amount of crying on these forums though, as xsyon is well below normal range on griefers/PvPers. And it will likely stay below normal range due to all the other aspects of the game. I have played a pretty good chunk of whats to offer out there and the games with the least substance often have the worst griefing problem. (IE: Darkfall)

All the people crying here should go check out DF, or Asheron's Call Darktide server. If your complaining about this you might decide to take a bath with your toaster after a week on those games.

A few things to think about before/after/during your tear filled posts:
1. Noob areas are always the worst, some people don't care about building up a char. and just want a cheap thrill.
2. These guys will not be improving, or at least not at a normal rate. Run like hell out of the starter zone and play smart. It'll be just like PvE except with some added flavor and not just clicking 2 buttons over and over as your mind slowly deteriorates from stagnation.
3. Playing solo is HARD. be prepared to constantly give ground.
4. most "PvPers" are purely opportunists, if your with a group or even appear as a hard target beforehand they'll likely stick to the shadows or approach you as a friend.
5. Like womens self defense course. Stop thinking like a victim. it seems like a majority of you strict PvE types play to lose, you play scared which sucks the fun out of the game for you.
This is all likely a moot point since talking someone out of their PvP preference is like talking someone out of their sexual or religious preference.

Just try and think a little as you play the game, MMOs dont have [easy][normal][hard] switch toggles. Stop assuming the game is set to [easy], or that it should be so you can more easily multi-task drinking a beer watching lord of the rings and downloading porn without fear of losing that plastic scrap pile.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
You know, I see millions of these posts on every game forum I've ever checked out. One group yells pro PvP the other Yells PvE only. and then theres the "compromise" group that want PvE and really watered down PvP.
I honestly am still a little surprised at the amount of crying on these forums though, as xsyon is well below normal range on griefers/PvPers. And it will likely stay below normal range due to all the other aspects of the game. I have played a pretty good chunk of whats to offer out there and the games with the least substance often have the worst griefing problem. (IE: Darkfall)

All the people crying here should go check out DF, or Asheron's Call Darktide server. If your complaining about this you might decide to take a bath with your toaster after a week on those games.

A few things to think about before/after/during your tear filled posts:
1. Noob areas are always the worst, some people don't care about building up a char. and just want a cheap thrill.
2. These guys will not be improving, or at least not at a normal rate. Run like hell out of the starter zone and play smart. It'll be just like PvE except with some added flavor and not just clicking 2 buttons over and over as your mind slowly deteriorates from stagnation.
3. Playing solo is HARD. be prepared to constantly give ground.
4. most "PvPers" are purely opportunists, if your with a group or even appear as a hard target beforehand they'll likely stick to the shadows or approach you as a friend.
5. Like womens self defense course. Stop thinking like a victim. it seems like a majority of you strict PvE types play to lose, you play scared which sucks the fun out of the game for you.
This is all likely a moot point since talking someone out of their PvP preference is like talking someone out of their sexual or religious preference.

Just try and think a little as you play the game, MMOs dont have [easy][normal][hard] switch toggles. Stop assuming the game is set to [easy], or that it should be so you can more easily multi-task drinking a beer watching lord of the rings and downloading porn without fear of losing that plastic scrap pile.

Hooray another person gets it....thank you

all well laid out and easy to read too

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
maybe i'll just play a female character so instead of the griefers ganking me constantly they would just hit on me while i laugh.

furanku
02-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Also why do players like me come and go ? lol

darg75
02-22-2011, 06:27 PM

I dunno, the OP gave me a laugh. Disappointed that your other posts in the thread weren't of the same calibre.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Also why do players like me come and go ? lol

personally i don't like personalizing this as others are doing so this response has nothing to do with you but pker's in general. reason i say pker's come and go is because the majority of them just move to the next new mmo and are not here to truely experience what the world is meant to be, they consider it wasting time until the next one.

like i said before there are 2 crowds of players in the pvp group.

true pvp players which are the ones here to enjoy the world, tribal warfare etc.
pker's are simply here to ruin the enjoyment of others.

i'm not saying you are either group as i never met you ingame and don't base my opinions on a forum war.

furanku
02-22-2011, 06:31 PM
I dunno, the OP gave me a laugh. Disappointed that your other posts in the thread weren't of the same calibre.

/facepalm

furanku
02-22-2011, 06:36 PM
personally i don't like personalizing this as others are doing so this response has nothing to do with you but pker's in general. reason i say pker's come and go is because the majority of them just move to the next new mmo and are not here to truely experience what the world is meant to be, they consider it wasting time until the next one.

like i said before there are 2 crowds of players in the pvp group.

true pvp players which are the ones here to enjoy the world, tribal warfare etc.
pker's are simply here to ruin the enjoyment of others.

i'm not saying you are either group as i never met you ingame and don't base my opinions on a forum war.

When I play a game, I play it to the fullest, as if there is no other game, however in the end if the game is broken it is hard to keep playing or if tthere are major cheaters which you cannot counter-attack (speedhacking) I quit after a while of trying to defend myself but its diffcult but generally I stay with a game as long as I can.

China
02-22-2011, 06:39 PM
I agree but for some reason everyone is now thinking that is what I do ^_^ and didn't read what I wrote prpoerly

Why back down now? You've already told us what you like to do in game. A fool fools no one but himself.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Why back down now? You've already told us what you like to do in game. A fool fools no one but himself.

China you missed the point completely, but it was valiant effort at least.

furanku
02-22-2011, 06:46 PM

You should read what I wrote but I am not backing down.
^_^ I will kill poeple ^_^

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
also i have a sneaking suspision that furanku's primary language isnt english, hence a lot of confusing statements....that or hes toasted drunk...which is a possibility.

furanku
02-22-2011, 06:50 PM
also i have a sneaking suspision that furanku's primary language isnt english, hence a lot of confusing statements....that or hes toasted drunk...which is a possibility.

^_^ how'd you know!? english that is.