PDA

View Full Version : Post the Griefing policy right here right now

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:37 PM
To the guides, lay it out so there is no confusion, so we all know what it is and when we are crossing the line.

I was told about 20 kills in about an hour for a warning. That seems reasonable, however its still unclear and i think we need a sticky with the policy laid out in plain english (possibly amish too)

furanku
02-22-2011, 05:42 PM
What comes around goes around!! I bet thats it

dukaal
02-22-2011, 05:42 PM
how can you put restrictions on kills per hour in an open world sandbox mmo?

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I'll be keeping a close eye out for those Amish gankers!

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:44 PM
how can you put restrictions on kills per hour in an open world sandbox mmo?

I really dont see how you can grief if your not spawn camping, but regardless they do have a no greifing policy...a dagger in the heart of all that a sandbox stands for.

either way people need to know what it is asap and what our limits are.

Aramanu
02-22-2011, 05:46 PM
5. Rules of Conduct:

You will not display inappropriate conduct while you have access to the game and its content. Such conduct includes but is not limited to:

1. Any action that directly, or otherwise, interferes with server or network in such a way that was not intended by the creators.

2. Any action that directly, or otherwise, interferes with other game users in such a way that was not intended by the creators.

3. Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form.

4. Exploitation of the Software or the Service for material gain outside of the game.

5. Abuse, harass, threaten another player or representative of Notorious Games.

6. Use of any words that are deemed offensive or threatening or that may be sexually explicit . Use of words using symbols, different languages, or different forms of writing, including internet based ones like Leet, that represent the previous mentioned words will be treated in the same way.

7. Organizing or becoming a member of a group that targets other players based on sex, race, religion, creed, or sexual orientation.

8. Failing to abide by any rules given to you at any time in any form by Notorious Games representatives.

9. Impersonating any member of Notorious Games, volunteer, person of authority, declare to be one, or forge proof of any form that makes it appear you are a person of staff or authority.

10. Violation of any real world laws or regulations.

11. Advertising, promoting or participating in any form of solicitation in the game world for real world gain.

12. Trading, purchasing, advertising, or selling any product that is not an in game product or service.

13. Arranging for, or transferring pirated content of any form.

14. Providing or using a Xsyon emulator.

15. Providing false information when registering for Xsyon.

16. Attempting to hack or decipher Xsyon servers.

17. Sharing account passwords.

18. Encouraging others to break these rules.

Failure to follow these rules will result in temporary or permanent ban from Xsyon. A ban will result in a Termination of Service as outlined below. enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of Notorious Games and it's representatives.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah thats not their griefing policy

Do we need to start posting funny photos to get a guide in here?

oh and is pve player a sexual orientation?...if it is im in trouble.

Rykard
02-22-2011, 05:52 PM
It's a creed; you're fooked.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 05:57 PM
5. Abuse, harass, threaten another player or representative of Notorious Games.

I can think of several ways to apply the word 'harass' that would put a stop to repeatedly killing a specific player, threatening to kill that player next time they leave their area, or flooding /w or /s with verbal abuse directed at that player.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 06:00 PM
it's sad that a griefing policy needs to be asked for, most mature players should already know what griefing is and just don't do it.

Deacon
02-22-2011, 06:02 PM
If you have to worry about their griefing policy....you're probably griefiing ....dont know for sure ...but hey.

Honelith
02-22-2011, 06:06 PM
If you have to worry about their griefing policy....you're probably griefiing ....dont know for sure ...but hey.

Haha. Never truer words said.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:06 PM
it's sad that a griefing policy needs to be asked for, most mature players should already know what griefing is and just don't do it.

I only posted this because i asked a guide about it, i was told about 20 kills in about an hour for a warning. They obviously have a specific definition and qualifiers for griefing.

Just calling it harassment is too grey. I harassed many people by killing them once, they harassed me by sending me terrible whispers with words that were suppose to hurt my feelings...neither of these things was geifing.

I know ive already been reported for griefing, unless they were lying to scare me, nothing happend.....so were all missing something and i just think a guide should just lay it all out for everyone to see. This way there are no surprises later on.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:07 PM

So if i kill and loot you and you consider that harassment, and report me, should i be banned? Sorry we need specifics if they do have a greifing policy, its only fair that we all know what the rules are...if we are to have rules.....dont you agree?

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 06:12 PM
So if i kill and loot you and you consider that harassment, and report me, should i be banned?

who said anything about having to kill or loot me, for me to think that?

Atmos
02-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Seriously, did you actually think that all the way through?

This whole topic is getting a little more than retarded, and even less constructive every day.

YamiOkami
02-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Use common sense; luckily something that isnt too abundent in greifers. Repeated racial slurs, sexual comment, reskilling, threats to someone irl, using bugs to kill people, exploiting bugs to destroy items/steal items of other players, exploiting game mechanics.

Basically something that, if it happened to you, you would honestly think "that guy has some worrying mental problems" and probably wonder about his age/home life.

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 06:15 PM
it should be common sense, if your doing it with the mindset of "man I bet im pissing that guy OFF by now! LOL" its probably griefing..

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
it should be common sense, if your doing it with the mindset of "man I bet im pissing that guy OFF by now! LOL" its probably griefing..

I like this definition. Short, sweet, and to the point. I fear some of the people asking for the official policy actually want to know it so they can walk as fine a line as possible, as close to the edge of ban as they can get without actually feeling the ban hammer. Somehow, I don't think that will work out for them.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
who said anything about having to kill or loot me, for me to think that?

im not talking about harassment in all forms, im talking about griefing though killing. the TOS only outlines harassment, which griefing falls under, however based on wht i was told by a guide, i think it just needs to be alid out for all to see...how is that difficult to understand?

If there are rules we must obide by then it is only fair for those rules to be known.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:17 PM

So then i was griefing by killing people once? Doesnt sound right does it?

YamiOkami
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
No, either someone was annoyed you killed them, or you are lying and you were doing something else. Either way someone was in the wrong, people shouldnt greif, people shouldnt post fake greif claims. But they do... it is one of the risks of pking :)

Hooflung
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
I only posted this because i asked a guide about it, i was told about 20 kills in about an hour for a warning. They obviously have a specific definition and qualifiers for griefing.

That was an example of griefing. Please stop spouting this as the exact and only measure. We get it, you are one of the cool kids because you can kill me over and over and over and until i log off or start QQ'ing in chat. Wow, +1 to you!!!

Fact is, you won't be around long. You might make a small name for yourself, but, you will either get tired of killing and no-one spouting your name about your excellent skill of ganking, or you will get tired of being the hunted.

Damn, I should of named my character Santa Claus. "He's making a list, checking it twice. Going find out whose turn to be iced. Santa Claus is gonna throw down."

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:24 PM
That was an example of griefing. Please stop spouting this as the exact and only measure. We get it, you are one of the cool kids because you can kill me over and over and over and until i log off or start QQ'ing in chat. Wow, +1 to you!!!

Fact is, you won't be around long. You might make a small name for yourself, but, you will either get tired of killing and no-one spouting your name about your excellent skill of ganking, or you will get tired of being the hunted.

Damn, I should of named my character Santa Claus. "He's making a list, checking it twice. Going find out whose turn to be iced. Santa Claus is gonna throw down."

Personal insults aside. the purpose of this post is merely an attempt to get a real answer from somone who works for Xyson...not to tout my pvp preference or whatever assumption your jumping to.

If there are rules we have to obide to, then they must be laid out clearly for all to see...what is so hard to understand about this?

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 06:24 PM
So then i was griefing by killing people once? Doesnt sound right does it?

I was saying man I bet im pissing that guy OFF by now! LOL"
as in repeating the same action in an attempt to only annoy the other player, and not in the context of the game itself"

the issue arises when someone IS doing it to annoy or "for the LULZ" but can hide under the aspect of "I was PKing and just happen to keep seeing the same guy"

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
I was saying man I bet im pissing that guy OFF by now! LOL"
as in repeating the same action in an attempt to only annoy the other player, and not in the context of the game itself"

the issue arises when someone IS doing it to annoy or "for the LULZ" but can hide under the aspect of "I was PKing and just happen to keep seeing the same guy"

what if im not "doing it for the lulz" but rather skilling my blunt weapon skill? Not like theres much else to hit with my club...

Hooflung
02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Personal insults aside. the purpose of this post is merely an attempt to get a real answer from somone who works for Xyson...not to tout my pvp preference or whatever assumption your jumping to.

I am not jumping, I have read posts made by you in other threads.

China
02-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Post the Griefing policy right here right now

I noticed they got right on that. I don't think you stomped your foot hard enough. Why don't your try holding your breath.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:29 PM
i dont thing any guides are on right now, if you havent noticed the lack of certain threads getting locked....i think this one should tbh.

Either way, continue flaming the OP...i can take it.

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 06:29 PM
what if im not "doing it for the lulz" but rather skilling my blunt weapon skill? Not like theres much else to hit with my club...

see that where I was saying its gets hazy..not claiming YOU do it, but it gets in a grey area of where its hard to tell...if there is 10 people around, and you keep "leveling" it on the same guy for an hour..then its rather obvious.

if hes the only one you can find, then its the grey area, when it COULD be your just annoying him and enjoying it...and claiming your leveling as an excuse..or you really ARE leveling it and he just happens to be the one around.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 06:31 PM
see that where I was saying its gets hazy..not claiming YOU do it, but it gets in a grey area of where its hard to tell...if there is 10 people around, and you keep "leveling" it on the same guy for an hour..then its rather obvious.

if hes the only one you can find, then its the grey area, when it COULD be your just annoying him and enjoying it...and claiming your leveling as an excuse..or you really ARE leveling it and he just happens to be the one around.

All it takes to clear that gray area up though is a guide saying, "Go skill on someone else for awhile, and no, I don't care how far you have to travel to do it, mess with this player again, and it's into the mist with you, or worse."

Hooflung
Not like theres much else to hit with my club...

* When I have played during this beta period I haven't seen a big quantity of NPCs, just some single bear or fox, is this going to be like that when the game goes live? Will there be pack of animals or "spawns" so that when many players are playing there is enough resources and pve content for everyone?

There will be packs. There will be more animals as they will breed and spawn children with our daily update. There will be many more types of animals. About 20 more animal types are ready.

Try hunting !!!

fflhktsn

That is all, clear up the grey area for all to see....i know what a guide told me, but its hard to take anonymous forum posters word for it.

I think it would be beneficial to lay it all out.

I have a suspicion that some on this thread dont want the polciy to be known, as to maximize pvpers who are banned.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Try hunting !!!

yeah man i know, theres fricking npc mobs everywhere /s

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 06:34 PM
That is all, clear up the grey area for all to see....i know what a guide told me, but its hard to take anonymous forum posters word for it.

I think it would be beneficial to lay it all out.

I have a suspicion that some on this thread dont want the polciy to be known, as to maximize pvpers who are banned.

Good try, don't think you'll get anywhere with that line of reasoning, though. What would be really funny is if you got an answer similar to: Xsyon is only for players with at least the barest shred of common sense. If you have so little common sense that you cannot discern for yourself what griefing is, Xsyon is not for you, and sooner or later, you will probably get banned for crossing the line. But a guide might be nice enough to give you a warning first. No guarantee, but it could happen."

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Try hunting !!!

i do, but all i find are these damn pve'ers and my club works pretty well on them.

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
but how is a guide to know if you was really leveling, and he happen to be the poor sole you could only find, or if you picked him our like prey, and decided to attack him until he logged off..there is no way to "define" a line for that really.

not without a clear defined attack limit. but add that in, and others will complain about it...cant please all of the people all of the time.
me myself if I had some sort of overview of the system..any complaints came in, look at the situation, see if its just someone upset, or if the actions in question was truly ruining the gameplay for said player (outside the context/setting of the gameplay and expected combat). IF so, suggest the attacker move on to a new target as a compromise to both parties, and then only act if the attacker seems to persue the same person out of spite.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Good try, don't think you'll get anywhere with that line of reasoning, though. What would be really funny is if you got an answer similar to: Xsyon is only for players with at least the barest shred of common sense. If you have so little common sense that you cannot discern for yourself what griefing is, Xsyon is not for you, and sooner or later, you will probably get banned for crossing the line. But a guide might be nice enough to give you a warning first. No guarantee, but it could happen."

goes against what a guide told me, but hey you look smart, ill take your word over the guides.

See this is why i asked for it to be laid out in english on the forums so there is no confusion. everyone here who isnt flaming me has their own opinion on what it is. this is proving my point as to why we all need to know what the rules are.

thank you everyone, couldnt have done it without you.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 06:38 PM
goes against what a guide told me, but hey you look smart, ill take your word over the guides.

See this is why i asked for it to be laid out in english on the forums so there is no confusion. everyone here who isnt flaming me has their own opinion on what it is. this is proving my point as to why we all need to know what the rules are.

thank you everyone, couldnt have done it without you.

I give you credit, I think you know exactly what griefing is. For whatever reason, you are pretending you don't.

JCatano
02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
We need a separate server, ASAP.

How many people are going to /report for being PK'd and looted? If you're out of your tribe area during Prelude, you're open game. Doesn't matter if you're PvP'ing, gathering, fishing, etc. If you keep stepping outside of the area, the risk is there.

Unfortunately, this thread hints at people ready to spam the Guides.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 06:41 PM
I think furanku gives a pretty good definition of griefing, actually:

6. Grief the living shit out of you doing the following
• Following you everywhere
• Stalking you for hours on end
• Call you names
• Crush your hopes and dreams and make you emo-tear or Rage-quit
• Follow you home (if your protection is off) and kill you, for fun.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:41 PM
We need a separate server, ASAP.

How many people are going to /report for being PK'd and looted? If you're out of your tribe area during Prelude, you're open game. Doesn't matter if you're PvP'ing, gathering, fishing, etc. If you keep stepping outside of the area, the risk is there.

Unfortunately, this thread hints at people ready to spam the Guides.

All the more reason that they openly post the qualifiers to griefing so everyone knows.

Im still laughing at all the people who chose to play a ffa full loot pvp game and thought they could ignore that aspect of it....good times.

China
02-22-2011, 06:44 PM
i dont thing any guides are on right now, if you havent noticed the lack of certain threads getting locked....i think this one should tbh.

Either way, continue flaming the OP...i can take it.

Silly boy :). Quit fooling yourself, they are on, and they are letting everyone notice what you have posted. That's part of the genius of the Notorius crew. They love giving guys like you lots and lots and lots and lots of rope. Enjoy :)

I realize that you would like this thread to be locked, the one you started btw.

No such luck. Live with it.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:44 PM
I think furanku gives a pretty good definition of griefing, actually:

6. Grief the living shit out of you doing the following
• Following you everywhere
• Stalking you for hours on end
• Call you names
• Crush your hopes and dreams and make you emo-tear or Rage-quit
• Follow you home (if your protection is off) and kill you, for fun.

yeah hes probably right...but untill we get a post from a guide its all speculation. I have what i was told, and everyone else here has a diffrent definition. this is why i made this post. lets get a guide in here (if they are ever on at least) and end this grey area once and for all.

Rykard
02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
And what if there is no concrete guideline, and they just use their judgement? It's not like there's some massive corporate chain of command to answer to. You're basically saying "Define 'asshole' for me!". You can never properly define it, but it's usually pretty obvious to everyone except said asshole.

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 06:49 PM
And what if there is no concrete guideline, and they just use their judgement? It's not like there's some massive corporate chain of command to answer to. You're basically saying "Define 'asshole' for me!". You can never properly define it, but it's usually pretty obvious to everyone except said asshole.

you put into words what I was trying to say nicely summed up, thank you.

griefing can never be "hardcode" defined..as it has a big a range of actions as a creative griefer can imagine.

China
(if they are ever on at least) and end this grey area once and for all.

Quit dishing on the Mods. They are definitely underpaid and overworked. You may have lots of time on your hands....basements are like that you know. Others have real lives and they find that posters who stomp their feet, hold their breath etc. are hardly worth giving up their lives for.

Have some empathy man. I know you think you are worth it, that everyone must stop everything inorder to satisfy your immediate needs, but that ain't the way RL works.

Peace,

China

fflhktsn
Silly boy :). Quit fooling yourself, they are on, and they are letting everyone notice what you have posted. That's part of the genius of the Notorius crew. They love giving guys like you lots and lots and lots and lots of rope. Enjoy :)

I realize that you would like this thread to be locked, the one you started btw.

No such luck. Live with it.

Glad your here to flame...however if you had followed these forums at all you would know that at least one moderation makes an apperance on most threads, as well as locking some useless threads. If this is a useless thread they would lock it, just like the 50 retarded polls that never got locked.

My guess is that they are all busy.

Mims44
Just noticed I had never thought of this before....

When you die is your "spirit" or whatever you call it invisible?

if so, and coupled with safe tribe zones... griefing should not even be possible in the game right now.

Someone kills you? Obviously they are better skilled or better prepared for PK than you.... Run Away, if they cannot see which direction you ran in then your in the clear, got a tribe? Run to it. They are safe zones.

If you stand in one spot for an hour and are repeatedly killed, that's not griefing. Its opportunism at it's finest. Your dumb enough to never move and the other guy is smart enough to realize an easy way to level when he sees it.

Too many people play MMOs as if they are spoiled children and admins should be their over protective parents.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 06:50 PM

And with that, this thread is finished. There just isn't anything more to add, no matter how much fun I've been having with it!

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Quit dishing on the Mods. They are definitely underpaid and overworked. You may have lots of time on your hands....basements are like that you know. Others have real lives and they find that posters who stomp their feet, hold their breath etc. are hardly worth giving up their lives for.

Have some empathy man. I know you think you are worth it, that everyone must stop everything inorder to satisfy your immediate needs, but that ain't the way RL works.

Peace,

China

You say a lot, but of little substance. Im not ripping on the mods in any way. Your smart, you should know when someone is keeping a thread alive for bumping purposes...this is important information that people should be aware of, should they clarify. You flaming me only keeps this tread nice and pretty sitting on top...which is what i want.

darg75
02-22-2011, 06:52 PM
lets get a guide in here (...) and end this grey area once and for all.

It's good to know that there are people out there like fflhktsn looking out for this community. If that isn't altruism in it's purest form, I don't know what is.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:52 PM
And with that, this thread is finished. There just isn't anything more to add, no matter how much fun I've been having with it!

So then it stands whith what the guide told me in game...about 20 kills in about an hour...works for me but i was looking for a more offical response. It will come, they are busy.

JCatano
02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Mims -

Everyone is going to be respawning at their totems after death. I've been informed it's just not coded in, yet.

Mims44
02-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Mims -

Everyone is going to be respawning at their totems after death. I've been informed it's just not coded in, yet.

I read that was only for evil aligned chars/tribes.

If it is for everyone then griefing will be beyond impossible.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
It's good to know that there are people out there like fflhktsn looking out for this community. If that isn't altruism in it's purest form, I don't know what is.

Honestly, i dont grief in game beyond a pre set number of kills theres no point after that in my opinion, i do kill people however, i know i wont get banned, i just think its proper that everyone knows the rules that we must obide by, simple as that. 20 kills in an hour is too much and its all pointless after 2 kills since theres nothing to loot, other than to make a statement.

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
So then it stands whith what the guide told me in game...about 20 kills in about an hour...works for me but i was looking for a more offical response. It will come, they are busy.

well that also would be situational wouldnt it? say you kill someone, they make it to the totem..you hide behind a tree, they leave you kill them, they make it back, you stalk them..waiting right outside the ring for them to make it an inch out, and kill them..
repeat that every 3 minutes...does that seem slightly griefing to you?

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Ive been evil this whole time, is this not in game yet? I do respawn at my totem, but i usually get a few ghot form respawns before....perhaps it changes as you kill more....definitly isnt that was just for being evil aligned.

JCatano
02-22-2011, 06:56 PM

It's going to be for everyone. Too much exploitation/annoyance involved with respawn at corpse.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 06:59 PM
well that also would be situational wouldnt it? say you kill someone, they make it to the totem..you hide behind a tree, they leave you kill them, they make it back, you stalk them..waiting right outside the ring for them to make it an inch out, and kill them..

Do i have a eason for doing this? Are they with a tribe that is a sworn enemy of my tribe? Did they do something to deserve it...for me griefing depends on the reasoning (hard to prove your motives imo) and to be honest, i dont think its even possible to grief in this game. Theres no campable spawn points, they get ghost form...they can call friends to remove me, theres lots of ways to avoid repeated killing....hell im even bribeable, and its the thought that counts when bribing me...so no i dont think you actualyl can be griefd unless you REFUSE to take any method whatsoever to avoid it. But i dont make the definitions and im not a guide

Mims44
02-22-2011, 07:00 PM

No it doesn't, why would the one person continue to try the same route over and over?

Lets do a stupid for instance since thats the "in" thing to do now.
Lets assume what you said IS griefing, now. I'm a crappy lil noob, and your a super badass. You are scavenging a junk pile and don't like that I have come over using it, I wont leave when you ask so you kill me. I immediately come right back and you kill me again... after a few times with this I report you. Now I the lowly noob have a junkpile all to myself because your a griefing POS that kept killing me whenever I was near you.
Sound slightly ridiculous?

Xsyon
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Our Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service are clear.

Cases presented to the Guides will be reviewed and judged at their discretion as is typical in games of this genre.

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 07:03 PM
seems more like your asking "what is the definitive well drawn edge of the griefing cliff, so I may toe that edge, but be sure not to fall off"

regardless of your above situation, griefing would be "singling out a target for repeated attempts at duress, for no other motive than to harrass the player for personal enjoyment, with no intent or focus on gains made by such actions"

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:07 PM

Cases presented to the Guides will be reviewed and judged at their discretion as is typical in games of this genre.

Thats enough for me...lets lock her up (the thread)

furanku
02-22-2011, 07:07 PM

Bam!! like I said, situational ^_^ By the Xsyon as a fellow Lead Designer <3 I love the game so far.

JCatano
02-22-2011, 07:08 PM
seems more like your asking "what is the definitive well drawn edge of the griefing cliff, so I may toe that edge, but be sure not to fall off"

regardless of your above situation, griefing would be "singling out a target for repeated attempts at duress, for no other motive than to harrass the player for personal enjoyment, with no intent or focus on gains made by such actions"

Those gains could be keeping a person or tribe from using up resources that the aggressors plan on harvesting. That type of situation could certainly cause a person to die "20 times in an hour". Maybe, the person who keeps getting killed gears up after each death and runs back out of the tribe safety zone, which would mean loot is the gain.

This game needs to be very careful with what they actually consider "griefing".

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Those gains could be keeping a person or tribe from using up resources that the aggressors plan on harvesting. That type of situation could certainly cause a person to die "20 times in an hour". Maybe, the person who keeps getting killed gears up after each death and runs back out of the tribe safety zone, which would mean loot is the gain.

This game needs to be very careful with what they actually consider "griefing".

then those action would have a purpose in the context of the game..and wouldnt be for purely personal enjoyment of harrassing the player..as there is an intended ingame purpose for such actions.

the above outline would still fit that sitation and not define it as griefing.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Bam!! like I said, situational ^_^ By the Xsyon as a fellow Lead Designer <3 I love the game so far.

Situational is good, because i feel that i have a good reason for every kill after the initial "hey how ya doing" kill.

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Situational is good, because i feel that i have a good reason for every kill after the initial "hey how ya doing" kill.
but is that reason "primarily for getting enjoyment out of causing duress for that player?" then it would be infact griefing...
just because you dont like a label doesn't mean its not applicable.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 07:15 PM

In some of the world's more uncivilized societies, some of the more barbaric citizens go for a "hey how ya doing" wave instead. Shocking, I know. ;)

But hey, you got your answer, and not only that, it looks like the door might be open for you to explain your actions in a given situation, if the guide decided to let you.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:16 PM
In some of the world's more uncivilized societies, some of the more barbaric citizens go for a "hey how ya doing" wave instead. Shocking, I know. ;)

But hey, you got your answer, and not only that, it looks like the door might be open for you to explain your actions in a given situation, if the guide decided to let you.

Those civilizations and ways of life were lost in the apocolypse...the new "wave" is me running up behind you and punching you to death, then running off with your pants. Unless you send me nasty whispers, then i kill you again and full loot you.

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 07:20 PM
well without trying to sound hypocritical fflhktsn..why keep defending yourself here?
you got the answer, you not need to explain your reasonings to us, as it was stated the guides will handle it situation by situation.
if the need to explain it arises for you to one of them, and you think its all valid, you have nothing to fear then.

Dirt
02-22-2011, 07:23 PM
How 'bout this, my interpretation of griefing: " Acting like an immature spoiled brat and doing immature, undeserved, childish things to hurt others." Much like how your momma (should have) told you not to act. - " Use your head" is another common phrase which implies that you perhaps haven't done alot of quality thinking and should attempt it. Would be a suitable , easy to understand inclusion in any TOS.

Dontaze_Mebro
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Anyone who respawns and attacks me after I have killed them is griefing me. I demand they be banned immediately.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Those civilizations and ways of life were lost in the apocolypse...the new "wave" is me running up behind you and punching you to death, then running off with your pants. Unless you send me nasty whispers, then i kill you again and full loot you.

If you promise to wear them at least until you kill and depants your next victim, I promise I'll make a pretty, bright purple pair with pink racing stripes just for you!

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:38 PM
well without trying to sound hypocritical fflhktsn..why keep defending yourself here?
you got the answer, you not need to explain your reasonings to us, as it was stated the guides will handle it situation by situation.
if the need to explain it arises for you to one of them, and you think its all valid, you have nothing to fear then.

im bored and the servers are down...same reason your here

dxwarlock
02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
touche' :) you got me there on that one..

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
touche' :) you got me there on that one..

Sooo....do you like stuff?

Burnt
02-22-2011, 07:43 PM
touche' you got me there on that one..Sooo....do you like stuff?

Oh yeah, I love stuff! why not make a poll about it!

:(

Atmos
02-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Better yet, now that we have some people that like stuff, probably different stuff, lets make three or four threads detailing why each of our own personal opinions is more important than any of the other ones. Then when people jump in we can quietly bow out and start a new topic about the same, but slightly different, threads and start the process all over.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Oh yeah, I love stuff! why not make a poll about it!

:(

im not sure how it works, i was going to make a poll where the only option was to vote potato, but couldnt figure it out and...well...im not a "thinker"