PDA

View Full Version : Give me the full story with pvp please! devs!

PrinceReaper
02-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Can you please explain the whole sandbox system (because to me it feels like sim builder online and not a sandbox)

sandbox= freedom= which means its down to the players to regulate things within the game and not some virtual restrictions, we make up our own goals with the tools, but the tools currently in this game have big massive chains around them.

A few things that get in the way....

If I want to mine a rock, I should be able to mine a rock.....

guilds should not have virtual restrictions on their members, such as not being able to terraform and build on the land.

I think it should be down to the leaders to control their members...not the game.

Like, also, its nice and all building pretty walls but what's the point of them? you got these virtual barriers that keeps people from doing anything anyway, all because of the power of the stick called the totem <-- must be some powerful mystic stick right :O

Guild warfare? six months? with optional safe zones o.0 <--- what is this bullshit? who in their right mind would ask for extra risk, only the mad ones.

The thing I like about sandbox is that everyone is under the same terms, and they do with what they have.

this is not about gankers/pvpers, this is about the virtual restrictions in a game people call a sandbox.

man this is false advertisement...at least call it sim builder online.

yeah so you can craft lots of things? hmmm yeah nice and all, its nice to know that there is such a complicated system with so little accessibility, hehe yeah sure you can turn it into many different things, and alll but there is not much uses for it which means its existence is pointless, its just grind in my eyes unless it doesn't have a purpose.

This game is kinda abit more empty then other sandboxes, like sure its got content but its needless, where's the breeding, where's the farming, where's all the animals, where's the events within this world? its supposed to be after a massive world ending event? sure doesn't like it to me, I like the idea, but the way its implemented is just "blahhh"

so yeah, I craft, I trade, then I craft more, sounds nice, so what I do with that? build lovely sandcastles and have some guild duels? (thats what the guild warfare system is going to be like right? duel online?)

ahaha this is already just like darkfall expect, its got content which has no meaning, at least darkfall content was for the pvp (yeck I don't even like darkfall)

Like the crafting and terraforming is nice, but there isn't much you can do with it, those lovely walls are pointless.

scrap piles? jeez what a place holder for mining, like you got the scavenging skill right, like it be ok if mining was in as well, but are these humans sub breeds of humanity or something?

I am not bashing the game for its incomplete feature (well i am kinda) but its not a big thing to me.

I am more annoyed at the fact this tries to come off as a sandbox game...you know at least learn from wurm online or haven and hearth...

So yeah, down to my real question for this game? Don't make me waste 4 months of sub to find out that the guild warfare system and the world it self, will still be under some virtual restrictions which is like so not sandboxy.

I am not sure what this game is trying to be, but all I see is false lies......Like why so secretive about the game? tell me hands down, what you have planned for?

Like its already got darkfall mindset with the pvp, like the pvp in this game is the ultimate basic form ever known to people....gankers ....I think that's like the only reason you go out of the safe zones with a weapon right?

Cause its not like they going to harm me in my box right?

Its pointless and its only hurting the game, that's why there's such a split in the community revolving the pvp within this game, because of its awkward mechanics.

Just remove the pvp within this game and implement duelings, because at least it serve a purpose and then have some part of the world where's its free for all.

Like rawr, off the spot I could think of a better mechanic, like you could just have some part of the world, noob island or safe zone, then have the majority of the world contain better resources "just like how dawn tide does it for example"

crafter/builders/people who don't want such a grave risk, can have their nice houses protected, but then they get the negatives for the less risk, they have to work harder to get the materials where someone willing to take the risk could payout with less work, by venturing into those harsh (world ending) lands.

so yeah I don't like the fact that its pointless to leave your safe zone, and I don't like the fact that the real reason why you really leave your safe zone is to go gank some innocent person chopping a tree.

talk about fail mechanics like, why make it so complicated with so little accessibility? its a sandbox man, if you want to cater to all people, then make sure there's pros and cons....

there should be multiple options for people, but in this game, your held by the virtual restrictions which leaves less freedom.

so tell me please, what do you have planned in mind for the mechanics of this game and if there's going to be so many virtual restrictions, that it be duel online and gank land.

Also, people do not like change, that's a fact, and by the sounds of it? six months for a guild warfare system means that alot of people are either going to be pissed off, its a system that's flexible or completely pointless if its restrained to duel online.

One example is mortal onlines war system, the other side has to accept the war dec, in most cases, a war involves more then one parties and well lets just say, people don't even use the system, but yeck the options there right, that's what a sandbox is about, and the negative about not using it, is that you go red for killing people but you still have the choice, and that's currently what this game is missing, the choice...

many of the paths this games advertises are pretty much restricted to the extreme.

so yeah, you piss of one side after giving them the false pretence of safety or you implement a system which is pointless unless both sides agree, which means not much conflict which means politics is restricted which means pvp is lucklaster yet again.

who am i? i am just that random dude who follows all sandboxes such as gnostaria, darkfall, mo, xsyon, dawntide, earthrise, haven and hearth and wurm online, and that desert sandbox :P

it would be a nice idea to build a empire in this game (not talking some random fuckfest of gankers) but one with MONEY AND RESOURCES!!!! <-- thats power, not man power :P which is another problem I have, to expand you need more people = people = power in this game, like the idea of a tribe and a guild system is kinda cool, being able to expand in that way, but I think there should also be ways for the smaller dudes to able to gain more power by money and resources which can be implemented by a certain building or a certain action or a certain deed aka like how mo got the keeps, darkfall got the cities, dawntide got the castles...etc.

sure you can put some restrictions up in a sandbox, like not allowing a party to settle near you with out your permission, but heck, I wish THAT OPTION was ingame, but even then, there should be choice in this game....which there isn't much.

Atmos
02-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Wow.

edit. not the Blizzard kind. just wow. not WoW.

edit 2 for color. now if you hate my post you also hate America.

Haunt
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Uhm, paragraph long sentences, no paragraphs. That is quite a post right there...

mrziggz
02-22-2011, 07:16 PM
TL;DR

Klecko
02-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Wow, you have been a menber on the forums since aug 2010,and yet you havent read anything about this game.

PrinceReaper
You see the paragraphs if you make the screen smaller...i don't know why all the lines are double spaced when not windowed.

Atmos
TL;DR

I like that your first post is TL;DR. I can see your forum trolling skills are strong and your future here, bright.

PrinceReaper
02-22-2011, 07:19 PM
feel free to explain to me, because all i see is a feature list just like Mortal onlines and we all know how mortal turned out with its feature list, including darkfall 2 which is a failed sandbox because its 2 focused on one feature which makes it pvp arena online.

right now this game is good for sightseeing and sitting around campfires right :D

TLDR VERSION?

erm, I Don't the fact that theres so many virtual restrictions on the paths this games advertises and takes away the freedom from players leaving you with so little options.

and also I would like to know how this guild warfare system is going to be implemented and why such backward mechinics in this game revolving around ganking and safezones and risk vs reward, and freedom in a sandbox where players have choices with their own pros and cons.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow.

edit. not the Blizzard kind. just wow. not WoW.

edit 2 for color. now if you hate my post you also hate America.

Not sure which is more hilarious, the OP or your post....

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 07:22 PM
maybe you should just ask yourself this "is this game really for me?"

PrinceReaper
02-22-2011, 07:23 PM
maybe you should just ask yourself this "is this game really for me?"

thats pretty much what im trying to find out right now, because the feature list is nice and all but its like a header, and I would like to know how these features are meant to intertwine with each other to give us that sandbox experience with choices and freedom.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 07:24 PM
what do you think im trying to find out right now? how are you trying to find out by ranting? it's a question only you can answer. You already have your opinions and mostly likely wouldn't change so the question stands "is this game really for me?"

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
I think there should also be ways for the smaller dudes to able to gain more power by money and resources which can be implemented by a certain building or a certain action or a certain deed aka like how mo got the keeps, darkfall got the cities, dawntide got the castles...etc.

I'd love to hear your ideas on how, in a sandbox with complete freedom, including no safe zones, any 'smaller dudes' will be able to gain any power or resources, much less hold on to them. Are you saying as a solo player I should be able to build a keep that a tribe of 100 can't take down? Pretty much a safe zone, then, isn't it? And pretty much what we have in the game, at least for the moment.

For whatever reason, I've been thinking about this for awhile now. Probably my experiences with other pvp games and their inevitable mega-guilds got me started. And I just can't think of a way to have a diversity of tribe sizes (it really doesn't matter if you're talking the minimum 1 against 10 or 10 against 100) when numbers matter, only the ones with numerical superiority will be able to actually play the game. And players know this right from the start. So the will to power players immediately join forces, grow their numbers, organize, form coalitions, then sweep through the game world, conquering. And that's it. The game is pretty much over from that point forward, except for those who enjoy being in the biggest, baddest guild in the game. There's no purpose to it, it's stagnant, there's no life left in a game once this happens.

djext2000
Not sure which is more hilarious, the OP or your post....

Why do you hate America? o.O

fflhktsn
feel free to explain to me, because all i see is a feature list just like Mortal onlines and we all know how mortal turned out with its feature list, including darkfall 2 which is a failed sandbox because its 2 focused on one feature which makes it pvp arena online.

right now this game is good for sightseeing and sitting around campfires right :D

TLDR VERSION?

erm, I Don't the fact that theres so many virtual restrictions on the paths this games advertises and takes away the freedom from players leaving you with so little options.

and also I would like to know how this guild warfare system is going to be implemented and why such backward mechinics in this game revolving around ganking and safezones and risk vs reward, and freedom in a sandbox where players have choices with their own pros and cons.

Well your in the prelude, so a lot of things dont have a function yet, that all comes for the tribal warfare thing.

I agree with you sandbox theory, your spot on with that, and i think some of the arbirary rules and safe zones need to go and never be optional, as who in their right nind would opt for more risk, even if a slight reward is given.

Other than that, your nuts. You will fit in nicely here.

fflhktsn
Why do you hate America? o.O

big fan of 'merica all other countries are 3rd world countries.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Other than that, your nuts. You will fit in nicely here.

lol, maybe one more makes a set?

mrziggz
02-22-2011, 07:28 PM
I like that your first post is TL;DR. I can see your forum trolling skills are strong and your future here, bright.

Server down so trolling a bit yeah. Most of these posts almost troll themselves.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:28 PM
lol, maybe one more makes a set?

You have seen the forums and global chat over the past few weeks (if not longer) havent you? We got more than just a pair here. This is good.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Server down so trolling a bit yeah. Most of these posts almost troll themselves.

Its called forum PVP, there are many players and many pk's that have occured in the last few hours.

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Its called forum PVP, there are many players and many pk's that have occured in the last few hours.

i keep getting griefed also by others arguing against me :P

PrinceReaper
02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
I'd love to hear your ideas on how, in a sandbox with complete freedom, including no safe zones, any 'smaller dudes' will be able to gain any power or resources, much less hold on to them. Are you saying as a solo player I should be able to build a keep that a tribe of 100 can't take down? Pretty much a safe zone, then, isn't it? And pretty much what we have in the game, at least for the moment.

For whatever reason, I've been thinking about this for awhile now. Probably my experiences with other pvp games and their inevitable mega-guilds got me started. And I just can't think of a way to have a diversity of tribe sizes (it really doesn't matter if you're talking the minimum 1 against 10 or 10 against 100) when numbers matter, only the ones with numerical superiority will be able to actually play the game. And players know this right from the start. So the will to power players immediately join forces, grow their numbers, organize, form coalitions, then sweep through the game world, conquering. And that's it. The game is pretty much over from that point forward, except for those who enjoy being in the biggest, baddest guild in the game. There's no purpose to it, it's stagnant, there's no life left in a game once this happens.

really that's some black and white stereotyping right there, not everything has to be dealt with force you know, thats the reason behind politics, sure there's going to be a big bad dude sometime, but that big bad dude is going to attract alot of heat and that will be the placeholder for people to gather and put that big bad boy in his place, that's what politics is about :)

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:34 PM
really thats some black and white sterotyping right there, not everything has to be dealth with force you know, thats the reason behind politics, sure theres going to be a big bad dude sometime, but that big bad dude is going to attract alot of heat and that will be the placeholder for people to gather and put that big bad boy in is place, thats what politics is about :)

hes anti-pvp and wants more safe zones, hence the disagreement with your correct sandbox definition.

Right now, tribe defensive structures and guards and whatnot are not in game, so the safe areas are kind of needed, despite i dislike them and dont want them anyway. This game is under development so a lot of things havent been fleshed out, other than whats going on in game now....

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 07:34 PM
really thats some black and white sterotyping right there, not everything has to be dealth with force you know, thats the reason behind politics, sure theres going to be a big bad dude sometime, but that big bad dude is going to attract alot of heat and that will be the placeholder for people to gather and put that big bad boy in is place, thats what politics is about :)

Have yet to see politics in a pvp game go beyond the most simplistic imaginable ("Hey, let's team up and take their stuff and make them cry!" "Ok! Sweet!") and I have yet to see any 'big bad dude' guilds ever take meaningful heat from anyone in a game. Everyone is too busy trying to be the big bad dudes, on the grounds that it's the only thing that works in most pvp games.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Have yet to see politics in a pvp game go beyond the most simplistic imaginable ("Hey, let's team up and take their stuff and make them cry!" "Ok! Sweet!") and I have yet to see any 'big bad dude' guilds ever take meaningful heat from anyone in a game. Everyone is too busy trying to be the big bad dudes, on the grounds that it's the only thing that works in most pvp games.

no pvp game has been like that for me, not even dakfall...you must hang out with some jerks if thats what you see in every pvp game...not to mention the strange curiosity of having these feeling towards pvp yet deciding to join a game with full loot FFA pvp....all very strange

JCatano
02-22-2011, 07:41 PM

Didn't you say you played Darkfall?

Big alliances have fallen or crumbled from both PvP and game politics. Go read the NA forum right now and see the heat TIA is getting. There are spies, backstabs, agreements, siege pacts, etc. Sounds like plenty of politics to me.

Small clans can't do anything, you say? We had about 20 actives in our little alliance and owned 2 holdings before having Dominion with us (and still have the 2 holdings along with access to their property). We do anything the larger clans/alliances do, too.

ifireallymust
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
no pvp game has been like that for me, not even dakfall...you must hang out with some jerks if thats what you see in every pvp game...not to mention the strange curiosity of having these feeling towards pvp yet deciding to join a game with full loot FFA pvp....all very strange

What do you mean it's not in DF? The first thing a new player is told is, "It's fun when you join a guild. You have to join a guild. Join a guild. Join a guild." And then as soon as you do join a guild, you find out you're part of a coalition, or if you aren't, you get to watch your guild leaders hop frantically around trying to ally with bigger guilds. And then it's supposed to get fun, only it doesn't. It's boring and pointless and crowded and restrictive. As I've said before, some people like it, but I can't stand it.

PrinceReaper
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM

depends on the game you play, sure you see more stuff like that in darkfall because everyone is out for themselves and everyone is so disconnected from each other by the way they interact with each other, mainly the world is 2 big, with 2 little presence etc.

but for example, look at mortal, look at its past war history, there was thirteen, they created alot of trouble of the server, they got dealt with, myrm created alot of trouble, they got dealt with, funny enough by thirteen so thats why there needs to be risk, to make people think twice about their actions.

But its a sandbox and well, not all the time the good guy wins, for example, top alliance, was crushed eventully but saved by chaos alliance who has tried to stay neutral and aborbed the reminder of top alliance, you have wessex the KBI kingdom, which is not a aggessor, and pretty much beat down TnA (SS) because they went around causing trouble in thier lands.

so really its down to the game, and how well people interact with each other, and the risk involved.

Atmos
02-22-2011, 07:44 PM
This thread is great for discussing ideas and solutions.

fflhktsn
02-22-2011, 07:47 PM

Really testing out that color function...i like...keep up the good work...adds pizzaz to the thread

MrKrueak
02-22-2011, 07:49 PM

i just pooped

GuideAriel
02-22-2011, 08:11 PM
That is an interesting view of things to say the least....

PrinceReaper
02-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Xsyon has the potential to be one of the leading sandbox games and the developer behind it I applaud for coming this far and I hope that the game has a massive success but I am not nice enough to pay for a product that im not satisfied with or the game i am looking for.

I subbed only because its obvious the developer here has a passion for the game they develop, the communication to the community is spot on, even admitting his own fault and rewarding the community with an additional 2 weeks of free time but I would really like to get a clear answer on just how much freedom this game is going to offer.

From what people tell me so far, is that the developer doesn't want people to able to grief but I think there should be many options and this can come in many forms, for example for the mechanic I suggested of the top of my head, the option to not get griefed is there, but then building in the safe zone comes with its own negatives, but then there's the positives to it, your free from most forms of griefing, and then you can risk being griefed (See it as a extra risk) because in the end of the day, griefing is not that big of a problem as some are making out because you do get some twats but those twats can be squashed out or silenced by means less extreme, by adding in extra risk.

for example, you should leave traces of your evil deeds which "trackers" can spot, depending on what action the "bad dude/griefer" took, which haven and hearth for example has adopted a system like this with extreme repercussions because it has perma death, so you can track the player to their "hideout" and kill them or loot them for example.

how about this? bad players stay ingame. that's a big risk there. they would have to have a fortress or a bandit camp to actually be able to sleep soundly at night right :)

People getting killed over and over again? well not much can be done about that, when its the own persons stupidity that getting them killed in the first place, its like the moth that flies into the flame and roasts itself, if the player is stupid enough to revive next to his killer then that's his own fault.

but then there should be the option, so if they only res where their dead body is then that's a problem, but then again just reviving out of the blue it self is a bad mechanic in it self, maybe the player needs to be revived by a shaman which can be either player or NPC or the player can revive from their "homes" "beds" etc.

about raiding, its not like a player is going to raid a place 24 7, if anything, players would adopt to the system, its the developers that need to implement means for players to combat raiding by traps, hidden stashes etc, locks....even a timer (say the raiders destroy a chest, there is a timer on it, before they can raid it, which gives the "Defenders/ones attacked" the OPTION to get their stuff.

for example, if anything about safe zones, give players forewarning about "suspicious people, or bandits near their camp" by allowing the players the OPTION to build an alarm system though implementing it by having "spotter guard posts" , wires tied around trees, which triggers an alarm"

something like that.

or just use the mechanic I described in my first post, with there being a safe/noobie/zone with its own negatives so people can have the OPTION!

I hope i am getting somewhere :)

Koll
02-22-2011, 09:13 PM
From what I heard the devs are pretty openminded in this game; like Prince Reaper I agree that you need to add a lil bit more sand or you jsut end up with wurm with better graphics. Siege Weapons are cool but they get old fast. I am very curious to see how the Tribal warfare goes.

PrinceReaper
02-22-2011, 09:40 PM
P.S im not some dude who just found out about the game a week ago or something <--- look at my join date :D aug 2010, I've been following this game since august when I had a small presence on mortal online server as one of the chaos alliance founders ;) (secretly there would be no chaos alliance if i didn't suggest it to wz, as aco was my buddies) and that was one of the first few alliances to get a keep (would not have keep if it wasn't for aco) in the game same day as TnA got theres and I was leader of ghost division (band of misfits)...but that's all in the past now had to give up cause its 2 stressful so im now just taking it easy :D

so when I say I want to build a empire i really mean it :)

EDIT:

Empire of money :D....Finance a few wars here and there :P money/resource= power :D..come to me if you want a loan for a war "Muhahhaha"