PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order Blade Speed???

baka77
02-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the two pre-order blades swing much slower than other blades in the game? The swing animation appears to be 2x as slow on these two blades. Is this an intended feature (ie - all pre-order weapons are statistically the same w/ different skins) or is this a bug?

I would appreciate a response from someone in the know & not merely speculating. Thanks!

Meanstreak
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :D

notintime
03-31-2011, 07:23 PM
We did some testing with friends.
Preorder blades does more dmg than normal blades but are like 2 times slower so dmg per second is probably very similiar.

Preorder blades have about same speed as other preorder weapons(clubs, axes) but do only around half the dmg.

So something is clearly broken here :(

jumpshot
03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
I was under the impression all PO weapons were the same

xyberviri
03-31-2011, 07:56 PM
all preorder weapons have a speed of 1, the knives have a speed of 0.7

notintime
04-01-2011, 04:10 AM
I was under the impression all PO weapons were the same

Yeah, they have the same attack speed. Problem is that preorder blades(mutilator and dissector) do only half the dmg that other PO weapons do.

Vandali
04-01-2011, 04:49 AM
The more combat orientated players will be watching this issue, as it will give a good indication of how pvp is prioritized in the future when balance and tweaks are required. Theres nothing worse than waiting months for a dev team to finally get around to correcting some imbalance.

Armand
04-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Fix this please. Thanks.

Chavoda
04-01-2011, 05:19 AM
Yeah, they have the same attack speed. Problem is that preorder blades(mutilator and dissector) do only half the dmg that other PO weapons do.

Thats not the problem, the problem is that other PO weapons do more damage, the knives are the ones that actually work as intended i think.
Either the other big dmg weapons need to get slowed down to 1.7 times the speed of thier crafted versions or they need a dmg reduce.

weapons should be on pair or less dmg then player made weapons. never ever higher.

notintime
04-01-2011, 06:02 AM
the knives are the ones that actually work as intended i think.
In matter of damage per second - yes. Preorder blades deal around 2 times more dmg than normal blades but are around 2 times slower. So in the end they do similiar DPS.
But it looks a lil bit stupid when you attack with preorder blade - its slow as you were swinging with a big club or axe.

I hope they will balance it fast, cos ppl who have chosen preordered axe or clubs have big advantage both in pvp fights and in hunting animals.
I killed around 20 animals with char using preorder clubs - 3-4 hits usually and fight was over, no animal took more than 40-50% of my health bar. Rerroled yesterday and picked preorder blade, went hunting and almost died few times as I needed a lot more time to take down every animal. Difference is very noticable.

Karasu
04-01-2011, 06:50 AM
yeah, po blades are still broken. i guess it's a good thing that more people are finally starting to talk about it. it's been this way since beta and i've personally made like 2 threads about to >.<

notintime
04-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Importand question is when they are going to balance those weapons, cos I have chosen blades since im doing a lot of hunting("a lot" is maybe a wrong term since there is not many animals atm ;P).
But im thinking about rerolling(again) and choosing axes or clubs cos who knows if it wont take them like 3 months do fix this(especially that I dont know if I will be still playing in 3 months ;P)
Too bad its so hard to squize any piece of official info from devs :/ You can harras GMs at Xsyon chat ^^ but its very hard to find out anything that way too :P

Jadzia
04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Importand question is when they are going to balance those weapons, cos I have chosen blades since im doing a lot of hunting("a lot" is maybe a wrong term since there is not many animals atm ;P).
But im thinking about rerolling(again) and choosing axes or clubs cos who knows if it wont take them like 3 months do fix this(especially that I dont know if I will be still playing in 3 months ;P)
Too bad its so hard to squize any piece of official info from devs :/ You can harras GMs at Xsyon chat ^^ but its very hard to find out anything that way too :P

How did you try to get an answer ? Best way is to email support, you can't expect them to read every post on the forum.

xyberviri
04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
i think the knife is right on par where it should be if you re roll and test you can see that.

vorg
04-01-2011, 12:52 PM
When comparing to player made, Yes, they should be on par at most with what can be made, BUT, the preorder stuff represents what players will be able to make when their skills are high and are able to get high quality resources. Don't think anyone can yet, even if they are master weapon crafter, they are still limited by the quality/type resources used and maybe tools used in crafting.

Karasu
04-02-2011, 06:50 AM
i think the knife is right on par where it should be if you re roll and test you can see that.

are you high? pls tell me how having the same swing speed and yet doing less dmg is on par with the po axe?

SlightlyEvil
04-02-2011, 08:06 AM
All preorder weapons are the same, yes the knife hits as hard as the mutilator, already tested.

notintime
04-02-2011, 09:07 AM
All preorder weapons are the same,

Im sorry but your are wrong, PO weapons have only same attack speed but not dmg.

Again:
1. Attack speed of preorder axes, clubs and blades is the same(havent tested closely picks or shovels)
2. Damage dealt by preorder axes and clubs is about 2 times higher than preorder blades.
Conclusion: Damage per second of preorder axes and clubs is 2 times higher than preorder blades.

I wrote about it to support, in bugs section, i asked gms on chat and didnt get any kind of response yet.

yes the knife hits as hard as the mutilator, already tested.
I dont exacly understand what you mean, Mutilator IS a knife(blade)... ;)

oneyedwang
04-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm just impressed this many people know that there are different attack speeds.

Makes me wonder if the quality of the player base is better than I thought.