PDA

View Full Version : this is BETA not prelaunch

jumpshot
02-23-2011, 04:59 PM
People that expect this phase of the game to be bug free and have their tribes/toons last into launch are driving me crazy.

This is not pre-launch.

This is not head start.

This is the bug testing phase. They are intentionally doing rollbacks to test bug fixes. PLAN ON LOSING YOUR STUFF. Maybe next week, maybe tonight, very likely in the next few minutes.

Claiming you want your money back because there is a bug or rollback in the beta testing phase makes you look like a tool.

ButtaRock
02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
not even a good tool, like a saw

furanku
02-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Oh~~ Snap Jumpshot you tell them you big bad ass ^_^ Where you startering by the way ^_^

r4NGe
02-23-2011, 05:10 PM
It's not breakfast, it's prelunch!

jumpshot
02-23-2011, 05:19 PM
In fact, if the Devs could put this info ALL OVER THE WEBSITE AND FORUMS then the Global Chat would be about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 less annoying.

ifireallymust
02-23-2011, 05:19 PM
It's Groundhog Day! Everybody go postal.

furanku
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
In fact, if the Devs could put this info ALL OVER THE WEBSITE AND FORUMS then the Global Chat would be about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 less annoying.

Global Chat is fun, and caring.

BigCountry
02-23-2011, 07:24 PM
It's Groundhog Day! Everybody go postal.

haha

KeithStone
02-23-2011, 07:26 PM
not even a good tool, like a saw

more like an old sawblade

Vicid
02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
There wasn't even supposed to be one wipe when this prelaunch started. If I'm mad it is because there is currently NO POINT in playing weither the server is down until further notice or not. Not only that there may not be a point in playing once the prelude starts depending on which way the Devs decide to go on the PvP issues (Like if tribes should be safe zones or not)

I may have bought a game that (once 'finished') I'd have no interest in.

ifireallymust
02-23-2011, 07:54 PM
I guess this is what they get for making a game as addictive as crack and then taking the servers down for maintenance!

BigCountry
02-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Motivation to log in is definitely a problem right now. Sucks for everyone no doubt. Sucks for the devs, they want it fixed, sucks for us, we want a game to play. Might as well go outside and chase the wind or something, would be more productive atm. Long as I am not paying for it, they can take as long as they want I guess.
lol
:D

ifireallymust
02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
At this point, I'm kind of wondering when they sleep.

Cinhil124a
02-23-2011, 08:58 PM
there was a wipe to correct bugs, your choosing not to play because you'll loose your stuff is fine, but you wont help the community figure out the bugs and fix the game to be even better when released...... games evolve aswell and change on a regular basis, which is needed to keep things fresh!

AlexTaldren
02-23-2011, 09:16 PM
People that expect this phase of the game to be bug free and have their tribes/toons last into launch are driving me crazy.

This is not pre-launch.

This is not head start.

This is the bug testing phase. They are intentionally doing rollbacks to test bug fixes. PLAN ON LOSING YOUR STUFF. Maybe next week, maybe tonight, very likely in the next few minutes.

Claiming you want your money back because there is a bug or rollback in the beta testing phase makes you look like a tool.

The only problem with statements like this is that they aren't true. The devs said that there would be a final wipe and then no more after that. That didn't happen, and now we have the current situation. People are bored, annoyed, and frankly, I'm starting to think the devs are testing my patience more than Xsyon.

fflhktsn
02-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Agreed...

It was fun over the weekend...all the lag and crashes...hey its prelaunch!... wait...hey its beta! or is it pre beta? whatever it is... but now its starting to wear me down.

I kind of rushed into this game mid week last week...saw 2 free months for early access...thought what the hell its better than rift.

now im thinking i should have chosen earthrise if i wanted this type of launch...better looking world...or at least a world that actually looks like an apocolyse happend. Better features here imo however.

My temporary "unlimited freetime" is comming to an end soon, was hoping to get wrist deep into a game before the party ended...now it looks like it will be spent on the games forums.

this isnt a QQ just a "deep thought"

debating not logging in untill the actuall final launch, im starting to burn out i guess.

any word on when the actual final...never wipe again...launch will be? or is that all unknown as well?

jumpshot
02-24-2011, 01:54 AM
The devs said that there would be a final wipe and then no more after that. That didn't happen YET, and now we have the current situation.

fixed.

And to the people that are complaining that your "pre-launch" keeps getting wiped, allow me to refer you to the Launcher. It says "this shit is buggy and we'll be wiping it alot." It has said that for DAYS, at least. I'm sure when the pre-launch finally starts, they'll tell you. And THEN if there's a wipe we can QQ without looking like sillies.

But like I said, everything the devs are saying right now is we are in the bug-testing phase. There's no reason to think this is the Headstart or w/e other than we want to complain.

Ya ifireallymust, we were just talking about when they sleep, lol...

fflhktsn, I'm not sure if you've played ER but I'm happier staring at the "server not up" page on this game than logging in to that one.

zeph
02-24-2011, 02:19 AM
I think a lot of people are angry, complaining bout bugs, wipes, and other issues..... Honestly its not that serious yet...

It takes time to make a (quality) game with (content), that is well (balanced) in all aspects of game play... Ive played many games over the years, and I sincerely believe The Developers are making an attempt at this... Most Developers do not even listen to the community base, and most developers pretend to listen to the community base... Xsyon Develops seem to be doing the opposite of other game companies....

I am willing to wait, and help to my utmost by being a (patient), (quality), and (balanced) customer by doing what I can do best by not complaining or rushing them.... Let them do their jobs...

Instead of coming into the game world or sitting on the forums trolling,and complaining bout this or that what you want, what you expect really reminds me of little girls that pretend to be women with their little check list out on what makes them happy in life....

If You do have a (quality) concern or (report) use the report a bug system.... If you have an idea or concern for the game please do make a post but dont cry or whine about it.... Get Your thoughts together, and express yourself appropriately... Someone might actually be more willing to (hear) you....

If (you're) not happy, do something else with your time... Stop acting like little girls... Go shopping, read a book, play another game, pick your nose.... Seriously...................... Just have some patience, and wait.... The developers are @ work hard on this....

Atreyu
02-24-2011, 02:26 AM
there was a wipe to correct bugs, your choosing not to play because you'll loose your stuff is fine, but you wont help the community figure out the bugs and fix the game to be even better when released...... games evolve aswell and change on a regular basis, which is needed to keep things fresh!

I understand your point, but to be quite honest with you, I shouldn't have to PAY to be in the beta for a game and test it for them. Im paying to do them a favour? I wanted to start playing on the 18th of February, and still no point because of the constant wipes. If I buy something, I want it when it was promised, not days or even weeks later. People lose patience and interest and soon find something better to do.

Vandali
02-24-2011, 02:50 AM
People hand over £25 and expect the world. You can't even have a decent night in the local pub these days for that money, so stop bloody whining and do something productive if you find yourself frustrated.

Kurpitsa
02-24-2011, 03:02 AM
Might as well go outside and chase the wind or something, would be more productive atm.

I know you probably meant that as a joke, but if everyone would do that, the developers would have hard time fixing all these things. That's the whole point of beta testing.

Africanus
02-24-2011, 03:03 AM
Fallen earth..........................

You'll love it!

jumpshot
02-24-2011, 03:05 AM
Im paying to do them a favour?

You payed to pre-order the game.

Included in that deal is a two-week pre-launch. Niether of these has begun yet.

AS A FREE F****G BONUS you are in on the bug-testing phase. You cna use this time to learn the ins and outs of the game, giving you an advantage when the game launch starts.

So no, you are not paying them to do anything. You're doing them a favor helping test, which in turn does you a favor in that these bugs aren't present later. In addition you're getting the favor of learning the game.

Honelith
02-24-2011, 03:32 AM
Well, we haven't lost any paid gametime yet, so what is there to complain about again ?

bruisie159
02-24-2011, 04:21 AM
Well, we haven't lost any paid gametime yet, so what is there to complain about again ?

You have to understand that some people may be more disgruntled than you if they have been waiting say for 9 or 6 months for a launch. Of course if you only just got here and still fresh a couple of week delay wont bother you. You may not feel like that if at christmas you are waiting for your 2 week head start to begin! You mak also get bored of testing by then too.

Now im not saying there is a problem as such cos as a lot of people say its expected with a development of this kind but just shedding some light on whey some people may get frustrated.

Edit: just looking back over who is complaining though and yeah, they havent been here long enough for what i just said to be relevant!

BigCountry
02-24-2011, 05:03 AM
I know you probably meant that as a joke, but if everyone would do that, the developers would have hard time fixing all these things. That's the whole point of beta testing.

Yeah I was joking. :D

I have no problem giving them one more "launch". If that one breaks though, and we start this mess all over again, then as the saying goes - "Houston, we have a problem".
:D

A lot of us are just somewhat baffled, because we played this game fine for weeks prior.
:(

Atmos
02-24-2011, 07:32 AM
What is "baffling" to you?

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:43 AM
What is "baffling" to you?

whats baffling to me, is how when i bought the game it was for early access to launch. Turns out that it was for early access to Alpha.

Weve been down...what 12hrs now. The game has been 100% unplayable since i bought it. No word on when i will be able to play it. I dont care about getting extra free time in which i cannot play the game. I didnt buy the game to sit on the forum and discuss it, i paid to play it..in working condition.

You do understand some people bought early access to launch for a game that has been out since august right...and could understand that there was no mention that this game was in such a state.....would it have killed them to give some sort of heads up that it may not be ready for launch...hence the extra time?

Look beta early access was last weekend. Were now in Alpha since the basic structure of the game isnt ready. Beta is moving past that phase, fixing terrain issues such as getting stuck, tweaking things thing in the world ect.

Dontaze_Mebro
02-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Choke yourselves until launch day to pass the time. Worlds full of idiots. I'm going to pray for a giant comet to put a stop to all of this.

Atmos
02-24-2011, 07:48 AM
The server freezes.These definitely surfaced because of the lag, but they point to problems in the code that need to be fixed. Before yesterday we didn't have any server lockups for 2 months (with the exception of some guide commands that were used with incorrect parameters).

Data corruption. This was caused by the server freezing up during the save process. (see above.)

I know these things sound like a pain, but the few problems that surfaced due to the severe lag must and will be corrected before we do the final wipe.

This update focuses on additional error checking and data saving procedures to eliminate problems that surfaced over the weekend due to the heavy lag. I will be monitoring the server and restarting it throughout the night to run some tests.

We tested problems with saved data throughout the night with a wipe and some forced crashes and rollbacks. We've identified a few problems that we're working on.

Sounds to me like they thought it was ready to go, and unfortunately some issues came up that they are trying to deal with. I disagree that the "basic structure" of the game isn't ready.

There is an old saying, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." I think you're probably smart enough to know what that means.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Seems issues with the core game arised upon having more 50 people on the servers as well as people downloading the client while everyone was playing...WHO KNEW !?!?!

Mims44
02-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Would this be a bad time to mention that when I preordered near a year ago it was supposed to be close to launch?
lol.

People make me laugh, their stressing over whether this game will come out this weekend or next etc. While I'm thinking will it come out this year or next?

Gotta remember this is not a billion dollar blizzard company that can throw 100 new coders into a task and speed things up. It's a good game concept and will be a good game one day, but it's gonna take awhile.

Jadzia
02-24-2011, 07:58 AM
whats baffling to me, is how when i bought the game it was for early access to launch. Turns out that it was for early access to Alpha.

Weve been down...what 12hrs now. The game has been 100% unplayable since i bought it. No word on when i will be able to play it. I dont care about getting extra free time in which i cannot play the game. I didnt buy the game to sit on the forum and discuss it, i paid to play it..in working condition.

You do understand some people bought early access to launch for a game that has been out since august right...and could understand that there was no mention that this game was in such a state.....would it have killed them to give some sort of heads up that it may not be ready for launch...hence the extra time?

Look beta early access was last weekend. Were now in Alpha since the basic structure of the game isnt ready. Beta is moving past that phase, fixing terrain issues such as getting stuck, tweaking things thing in the world ect.
Lol I bought the game on April 1st, 2010, when the planned launch date was 15th of April. I'm still here and not complaining....guess I have a bit more patience than you :p

Actually I got so used to the wipes and that 'nothing counts its only beta anyways' that it will be strange to play a permanent character :D

Mystais
02-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the new world... me me me... now now now. *sigh*

Best to just be patient and put your faith in Jooky and team to do what needs to be done. I am sure he has a bit more of a vested interest in this doing well than we do.

Atmos
02-24-2011, 08:03 AM
You're right. They probably did it on purpose to piss you off, make themselves look incompetent, give away free game time, spend their weekend working, and provide a steady stream of communication on issues.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Hey man, if they wanted a $40 loan they could have just said it was that....not early accesss to final launch.

This isnt my first time around the block, ive been through both betas and alphas. The problem is, if i had wanted to join a pre alpha phase of a game i would have, instead i chose to buy a game that stated they were in early access launch.

See how that could have been confusing?

Has nothing to do with paitience, i have paitience for a game thats in alpha stage, or a game that needs beta testers, that isnt what this game was advertised as when i was paid for it.

Im sure there are a lot of people in this situation, where their paitience is wearing thin, perhaps i will speak up for them. However if they dont get this game to launch ready in a week i have a feeling a lot of people who are being paitient with them will stop doing so.

Just a heads up i guess. Still not asking for a refund, however its not looking good when they cant even launch "beta"...something i understand they have been trying to do for close to a year now. Wonder how long it will take them to get the full game out? Not looking like the 6-9month timeframe is a realistic one is it?

Wouldnt it have been easier to just run a script simulating 500 people downloading the game and 1000 people playing on the servers without requiring people to pay $40 to do so?

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't think pointing out that promises were not kept is crying, just fair criticism.

The fact is that we are supposed to be in the middle of the prelaunch right now. The only reason it's *now* a "beta" is because of the number and types of issues they are experiencing. Telling people they don't have a right to make their voice heard, not matter how annoying you may find it, is wrong.

They really have not given you extra playtime, they have only pushed back the "launch". It would help to get some clarification on this beyond the official statement below.

Gamers as consumers have to hold developers and publishers accountable. While you may not like squeaky wheels, you can't deny that they have their uses. (Like making up for more complacent members of the gaming community.)

Its a fair assessment. Had the screen said " $40 for 2 months of game time and early access to ALPHA testing phse" it would be a whole nother story wouldnt it?

Expect a tidal wave of refunds if the "beta" cant get to launch state within a week.

Like i said, its starting to feel like a $40 loan not a game purchase. A loan with no interest.

dxwarlock
02-24-2011, 08:35 AM
I just look at it this way (for the situation as it applies to me):

I like the idea, concept, and playable test bed of the idea/vision/concept that xsyon was, and the effort and will it took to break away from the MMO mold.added to that it an indy dev willing to try it, so no "oh well that failed, only a few million down the hole..we got millions left to try again" like the big boys have.

so my $40 was to show my support of taking on such a task, failure or not.
the ability to actually play the game is just a bonus.

Jadzia
02-24-2011, 08:36 AM
I don't think pointing out that promises were not kept is crying, just fair criticism.

The fact is that we are supposed to be in the middle of the prelaunch right now. The only reason it's *now* a "beta" is because of the number and types of issues they are experiencing. Telling people they don't have a right to make their voice heard, not matter how annoying you may find it, is wrong.

You are right about this. Players have the right to make their voice heard. But really, does it help ? The developers work all day and night, they hardly sleep. What else are you expecting of them ? To release the game when its broken, when the server doesn't save properly and when there are rollbacks in every hour ?

You have all the right to complain, but it won't change anything. If you are upset you can ask for a refund. Or you can just wait patiently.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 08:49 AM
You are right about this. Players have the right to make their voice heard. But really, does it help ? The developers work all day and night, they hardly sleep. What else are you expecting of them ? To release the game when its broken, when the server doesn't save properly and when there are rollbacks in every hour ?

You have all the right to complain, but it won't change anything. If you are upset you can ask for a refund. Or you can just wait patiently.

You do understand the diffrence between giving a $40 loan and giing $40 in exchange for a game....right?

At some point developers are going to start being honest about the state of the game they are tyring to launch, thats whats pissing me off. Its all to common these days for developers of both large and small companies passing off a barely working alpha state game as launch ready. That is what happend here.

I knew this game has been in the works for quite some time, i knew it tried to launch in august. So when i saw it was launch ready in february, and i see willbonneys and saintbobs posts on other sites showcasing how ready the game is, and i see on the screen that im paying for 2 free months (what a deal!) for early acces prelaunch of the prelude (why call it prelude when you really mean beta) you can see how some people might feel like theres a bit of dishonesty floating around here.

Havent asked for a refund and i support the type of game they are trying to bring to the market, i just think it would have been better to JUST ASK FOR A $40 LOAN TO KEEP THE PROJECT ROLLING. Dont get my hopes up that the game is good to go, barring some lag and minor in game issues. I can deal with that easy.

Atmos
02-24-2011, 08:49 AM
You expected the game to be fully stable at pre-launch? I can understand that, I guess. Was it realistic? maybe. Would it be fair to say that there was a fairly significant chance that there would be some issues? definately. This game has a lot of features that just have not been done before and to jump down the throats of the guys trying to get it fixed and out the door seems more than a little unproductive.

You could use the following template to talk about almost every mmo launch:

I played _______ in the Open Beta test for about a week and it was great fun with only a little bit of lag and a few bugs that were mostly annoyances.

Overall I would say that if _______ can eliminate the unexplainable server lag, _____ will be just as great as it looked to be in the Open Beta. I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the number of lag problems on the retail servers, but hopefully they will be fixed soon.

When the game is running smoothly it is polished with a well-designed concept.

______ has high standards, but they were a bit too anxious with ______, so their launch has the usually problems I've seen in MMORPGs. However it still will probably be the best MMORPGS.

ps. i ripped this from a post in Nov 2004. What happened in 2004.

I hear Rift is unbelievably stable. Yeah, it's a lot like WoW and you'll probably be bored within a week but at least then you will have something to do for the next few days before this one gives launch another go. Or hell for a couple bucks you can have FFXI which is just as good as Rift.

dxwarlock
02-24-2011, 08:56 AM
you also have to remember, that if the game goes badly..and flops there is 2 situations that happen:

1. you (the player) are out $40, cant play that game..feel it was a waste of money and angry about it. and go "man that sucked" and happily move onto a new MMO/game as xsyon faded from your memory.

2. them (the dev team) have lost TONS of money, lots of sleepless nights fixing bugs and eating antacids stressing over the health of the game and the issues unforeseen to you, having your game die, quite possibly out of a job and source of income for your family, have large amounts of end users on top of it that you tried to please with by handling the problems that came the best you could, and be known as a dev that your first major release was a bomb..

granted buying a game and having it flop and you spent $40 on it is bad, and you have every right to feel the way you do about it.
but in the big scope of the picture where everyone involved is seen, you (the player) got a pretty good deal compared to the devs :)

Im in NO way saying xsyon is dying, going to die, or is "spiraling around the drain".
just merely pointing out in a general sense of how each side in a bad situation like that is going to be at the end of the day...and to me, my $40 gamble on an indy game that may or may not go badly..doesn't seem that big a deal on my end.

Atmos
02-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Just something to chew on:

Xsyon Development programmers. There are 12 main developers.
Jordi Grau Davis
Aleksey Egoshin
Dmitriy Chernov
Evgeniy Myasnikov
Filipp Pavlov
Ilia Pantyhov
Jamie Eckmier
Julio Rincon
Ekaterina Andreeva
Maurici Grau Ribes
Pepe Davis
Yuri Vinokurov

Additional Developers

Aleksey Serbyakov : programmer
Evgeniy Yurjev: artist
Iulian Cebotari: artist
Mauricio Rivera: artist
Rich Bates: website
Sloan Venables: programmer
Yulia Khavkunova: asset organization

A quote for you.

We’ve got over 140 developers on World of Warcraft, but each individual team, we usually try to be like 5 people...

edit. no reason I used Blizzard, but it was the most handy info I had at the time on dev team sizes.

lehnart868
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Personaly I don't complain I just decided not to play before the final wipe. I plan what I'll do, and I understood the game. Xsyon is a game that we'll need months and years to do what we want. So playing now is just useless.

billpaustin
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I think the game population is starting to take damage now. Over the past few days, I've seen fewer and fewer people log back in after the latest crash, to the point that our Tribe is barely functioning at all. We were all so eager on launch day, with our plans to run to the camp, set it up, etc. Now that we've done it 10 times, hardly anybody does it anymore. Probably 75% of our players don't even bother anymore.

This kind of continuous dashing of hopes is detrimental to the game's population.

Of course I understand that the devs are working as hard as possible, and they are doing a great job. Nothing we say on the forums can affect that.

But there seems to be no internal QA for the game. It comes back up, and is completely unplayable (cannot even create a character). Didn't anyone check this before subjecting the whole community to it? I would suggest that Xsyon tell the public that the game is on hold, while they do a bunch of internal testing, rather than subject us all to 25 crashes a day.

Atmos
02-24-2011, 09:15 AM
edit for "fuck it"

dxwarlock
02-24-2011, 09:16 AM
It was a good try and I understand the spirit behind your post. The logic is just a bit off.

oh I was never trying to state that they was some force of endless selfless asperation..just stating I always sort of see the "the game is dying..I was totally robbed, raped, and betrayed" type posts as the selfish "me" mentality of sorts..the feelings they have are justified, but the approach of how they represent them to everyone else is of a bad light.

as when the games dies, they have no concern for the people that tried to do all they could, and failed, and lost everything..they only have concern for "WTF i cant play the game anymore? you devs SUCK EPIC FAIL on your part, thats $40 ill never see again...thanks dev team >:(".

maybe its just my nature...Id walk away saying I experinced the rise and fall of said game, tell the devs they did what they could, hope they learn from mistakes and pick up thier ashes and try again..and if I thought they had good intentions, just bad rookie mistakes that Id offer to take a gamble again with them if they try a venture into making another game.

Dontaze_Mebro
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Show me the post where they PROMISED to have the game launch on time.

billpaustin
02-24-2011, 09:20 AM
" ...and just not logged in while the tests were happening."

That is my point. That is what a lot of people are doing, not logging in anymore. That kind of ruins the testing, with many fewer people playing, and also tends to discourage people from playing at all.

bruisie159
02-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Show me the post where they PROMISED to have the game launch on time.

lol im a bit neutral in this debate but come on they dont need to say "i promise" to make it real. this isnt school playtime is it? If you advertise a launch date and fail to meet it, especially if u sell pre orders on that basis you have to take some crap for it. It would be no good just saying " well we had our fingers crossed and we didnt say promise"

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 11:01 AM
lol im a bit neutral in this debate but come on they dont need to say "i promise" to make it real. this isnt school playtime is it? If you advertise a launch date and fail to meet it, especially if u sell pre orders on that basis you have to take some crap for it. It would be no good just saying " well we had our fingers crossed and we didnt say promise"

yeah but in all fairness when a poster says 'the developer promised..' they do sound like the little kid at the park crying because their mommy didnt buy them ice cream. Not saying its not valid, just letting you know how it sounds

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
This is not head start.

but it was headstart? headstart is what started this whole mess when the servers went live on the 18th, but with all the issues it was pushed back so your post was only partially correct. alot of the crying is from the ones that preorder the game one to two days ahead of time just to make the 18th headstart date. although i hung around the forums for a week or so beforehand deciding if i wanted to try xyson i also purchased the day before live was supposed to start.

BigCountry
02-24-2011, 02:37 PM
I really want to play this game -- but I am not a big fan of being strung along and paying for beta.

It's becoming more and more obvious that this game is not ready and is far from it if we're having to wipe daily to figure out huge 'issues'.

Risk
02-24-2011, 04:00 PM

This is not pre-launch.

This is not head start.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

hehe but really you are quite correct...Pre-Launch will start when Jooki feels the game is ready, not by a date thats been posted...heck if that was the case, Pre-Launch should have started last May :p

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm fine with beta. I'm even fine with paid beta. What I won't be fine with is if some beta players are more equal than others. Guess we'll find out on Launch Day II.

shadowlz
02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm fine with beta. I'm even fine with paid beta. What I won't be fine with is if some beta players are more equal than others. Guess we'll find out on Launch Day II.

Launch Day II: Return of the LAG

Risk
02-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Launch Day II: Return of the LAG

Launch Day III: A New RollBack
:p

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 04:54 PM
I thought those issues were getting fixed? Furthermore, shouldn't it cut down on the lag if those players who did place legitimate totems before the cutoff announcement (I'm one of them, by the way) either don't need to log in during the first rush this time, or we get to log in early? Problem solved.