PDA

View Full Version : Until Further Notice...

Haunt
02-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Please, put me out of my misery. Take all the time you need, but can you give us an "idea" of when you will be back up? This morning, this afternoon, this evening, definitely not today, but maybe tomorrow, Monday, etc. etc.

I have the next three days off work and want to play so I am hanging around the house, but if I knew that the game was not gonna be up today, then I will go become a productive citizen of society and get something done.

Please, just as idea. And again, I stress, take all the time you need to fix things.

Mako_Jak
02-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Your signature is fantastically creepy & evil sir. Well done.

Haunt
02-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Your signature is fantastically creepy & evil sir. Well done.

Well, thank you.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Mabey the developers could all give us early access to Rift, so we can then further appreciate the sandbox, but still play a game.

Draakan
02-24-2011, 07:51 AM
I have been having a blast playing World of Tanks. Still in open beta and fun enough to keep my mind off not play this haha.

dlld
02-24-2011, 07:51 AM
checking in twice a day should probably be enough to be updated, I doubt they are going to completely ninja launch the game and screw with people who aren't glued to this forum or irc 24/7.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:54 AM
checking in twice a day should probably be enough to be updated, I doubt they are going to completely ninja launch the game and screw with people who aren't glued to this forum or irc 24/7.

They still havent moved to the new servers for the final wipe so....

This is something else, inbetween last final wipe and the next.

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 08:32 AM
I was patiently waiting, until Haunt threatened to become a productive citizen of society. Given Haunt's ingame persona, I'm very afraid we might all soon find out what he means by 'productive' and the sort of things he 'gets done' on his days off when he doesn't have Xyson to play! Help. Server up now please?

Kyledoubleyou
02-24-2011, 08:49 AM
When in doubt, ballpark it!

...I'm dying here!

Phayz
02-24-2011, 08:51 AM
I am sure when it comes back, all will be fixed and candy will rain from the sky

blackzilla
02-24-2011, 09:16 AM
I am sure when it comes back, all will be fixed and candy will rain from the sky

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Zephyr
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Y'all need to chill. Read a book or something. Or get some sleep, since none of us will be sleeping once the game goes live.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Please, put me out of my misery. Take all the time you need, but can you give us an "idea" of when you will be back up? This morning, this afternoon, this evening, definitely not today, but maybe tomorrow, Monday, etc. etc.

I have the next three days off work and want to play so I am hanging around the house, but if I knew that the game was not gonna be up today, then I will go become a productive citizen of society and get something done.

Please, just as idea. And again, I stress, take all the time you need to fix things.

as a proffesional developer myself I can say the answer to your question is no.
When we say 'until futher notice' etc its because we have zero idea and its very much the honest truth. I have had things that appeared to be a simple fix end up exposing unknown bugs which then lasted into a few months of re-work. I have also had things that were predicted to take months only take a few hours.

furanku
02-24-2011, 10:14 AM
as a proffesional developer myself I can say the answer to your question is no.
When we say 'until futher notice' etc its because we have zero idea and its very much the honest truth. I have had things that appeared to be a simple fix end up exposing unknown bugs which then lasted into a few months of re-work. I have also had things that were predicted to take months only take a few hours.

1. I lawl at your username ^_^

2. As a Lead Designer myself, I must agree. You can never give an honest deadly line because when you are fixing code "shit can happen" as we say. ^_^

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 10:17 AM
1. I lawl at your username ^_^

2. As a Lead Designer myself, I must agree. You can never give an honest deadly line because when you are fixing code "shit can happen" as we say. ^_^

thanks

the thing is he said 'we need to look at the data'. Its like asking your doctor how long the operation will be before he even gets blood work back to know if you have a problem in the first place.

r4NGe
02-24-2011, 10:28 AM

It is either back up or someone threw a skittle at the back of my head.

furanku
02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
thanks

the thing is he said 'we need to look at the data'. Its like asking your doctor how long the operation will be before he even gets blood work back to know if you have a problem in the first place.

What Engine you use?

I use CryEngine 3 for Development.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 10:41 AM
What Engine you use?

I use CryEngine 3 for Development.

I am a business apps developer so .Net and SQL. Spend most of my time in SQL

furanku
02-24-2011, 10:43 AM
I am a business apps developer so .Net and SQL. Spend most of my time in SQL

I can't do well with SQL sometimes, but ah cool on that ^_^ I am Game Development. Coding is really a bitch and can be sometimes too much. Business apps must be the same.

esudar
02-24-2011, 10:43 AM
i use qbasic for development

Zephyr
02-24-2011, 10:46 AM
I work in the EPIC environment. (Medical records / medical billing). It's a MUMPS-architected database.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 10:49 AM
I work in the EPIC environment. (Medical records / medical billing). It's a MUMPS-architected database.

we have EPIC where I work but I do not use it.

Sounds like we are all geeks and given that most of the 'information' work is mostly data related we are all database folks.

furanku
02-24-2011, 10:58 AM

I used to work for Fuku Studios but since my Divorce lol I started a new company called "Fuism Gaming" we are developing a MMO-Sandbox similar to this but with the CryEngine. I am currently writing a novel for history -_- Since I cannot come up with a solid way for how the world was created etc..

Haunt
02-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I was patiently waiting, until Haunt threatened to become a productive citizen of society. Given Haunt's ingame persona, I'm very afraid we might all soon find out what he means by 'productive' and the sort of things he 'gets done' on his days off when he doesn't have Xyson to play! Help. Server up now please?

My neighbor was trimming the shrubs, I chased him down, whacked him, and looted a pair of garden clippers, jeans, and an ipod.

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 11:04 AM
My neighbor was trimming the shrubs, I chased him down, whacked him, and looted a pair of garden clippers, jeans, and an ipod.

I think I like you.

furanku
02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I think I like you.

/agree

Zephyr
02-24-2011, 11:13 AM
If you need something to do while waiting for the servers to come back up, you could go visit your local landfill and get some practice sorting junk.

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 11:22 AM
If you need something to do while waiting for the servers to come back up, you could go visit your local landfill and get some practice sorting junk.

It's outside my safe area and I don't want to lose my ipod.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 11:24 AM

www.thechive.com (http://www.thechive.com)

enough random stuff to keep you busy for a long time

Mims44
02-24-2011, 11:26 AM
It's outside my safe area and I don't want to lose my ipod.

hmm, my day seems better now. Thank you sir.

jumpshot
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm not rushing the devs or anything, but man...

I want to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I can only take wasting time on games I don't care about for so long!

Okay I feel better now.

Haunt
02-24-2011, 11:39 AM
hmm, my day seems better now. Thank you sir.

/agree

randomt
02-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Game should be back up by this evening PST, the announcement update thread says.. yay!

jumpshot
02-24-2011, 01:56 PM
<3 further notice

Dontaze_Mebro
02-24-2011, 01:58 PM
I work in a Re-Bar shop doing man work. I could crush your little pimply heads like grapes.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Game should be back up by this evening PST, the announcement update thread says.. yay!

Ok now I have to QQ. When he says the server are up does he mean up for more testing or up up no-more-server-wipes-better-get your-land-now up?

Haunt
02-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Ok now I have to QQ. When he says the server are up does he mean up for more testing or up up no-more-server-wipes-better-get your-land-now up?

I am guessing more testing.

BigCountry
02-24-2011, 06:47 PM

haha dom that was great.

Cyrianna
02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I have this image of Haunt irl...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe9S7iHCkQlGAzKoIyB-9PdrA3UJbWkxqO5NG96Xy__ebeuHJk0A&t=1

Haunt
02-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I have this image of Haunt irl...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe9S7iHCkQlGAzKoIyB-9PdrA3UJbWkxqO5NG96Xy__ebeuHJk0A&t=1

Devs. please ban this man, he took that picture of me w/o my permission and posted it on a public forum illegally.

furanku
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Devs. please ban this man, he took that picture of me w/o my permission and posted it on a public forum illegally.

+10 +Epic Items

Cyrianna
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
First off sir, you were running around downtown in that getup, and the picture was taken off of an outdoor security camera, so therefore it is not protected by 'permissions', and second, you exploited a bug on my property to remove things from my basket. I saw you take my fish, and i would kindly ask you to return it before this gets ugly.

Thank you, that is all.

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Someone captured your victory dance after the killing and looting of your neighbor, huh?

Haunt
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Someone captured your victory dance after the killing and looting of your neighbor, huh?

Actually that was my neighbor after I looted his pants. He respawned right on top of me!

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Actually that was my neighbor after I looted his pants. He respawned right on top of me!

Now I want to respawn with a violin! If I can't kill you back, I should at least be able to torture your ears.