PDA

View Full Version : Server switch by Monday as stated or No?

Chevron
02-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Question has been answered by Xsyon on page 2!

There are several polls and threads asking for a timeline that have missed the one already given in previous updates.

So my questions for the devs is if the previous updates are correct and the final wipe will occur by Monday and we will be playing by then or

The server switch will happen in-between now and Monday but we wont be made aware untill the game is actually ready to leave beta or

We will be made aware of the server switch but told we still have to wait due to all of the probs that need fixing thus...game not ready to leave beta for.....such and such length of time?

I will provide the updates from Fridays launch that state time line for server move.

Please pay attention to the areas marked in bold on the updates and keep in mind that March 1st 2011 was still official launch date at time of the below update.

Update February 18

Thanks for all the reports regarding tribe problems and exploits. We're going to work through tonight and all weekend on this, with the first priority being to block further exploiting of placing totems.

Multiple totems are not being saved properly so they will have to be removed.

When all the problems have been sorted out there will be an immediate update. It might take a while.
-------------------------------

First of all we've set up a torrent where you can download and share the large data files:
http://www.xsyon.com/install/Xsyon.torrent

If you've already downloaded the large files and want to help seed the torrent, you can start the torrent download, then copy files from the Xsyon/Data directory to your Download/Data directory where the torrent stores downloaded files.

If you want to use this as an alternate download, once you've downloaded the data files, copy them to your Xsyon/Data directory and then run the launcher.

Although the server has settled down a bit, it is possible that we'll have to wipe again. Players have been reporting many issues with tribes not forming correctly. We will examine the logs and database tonight to see exactly what the problem is and we will decide the next step after we completely understand the problem.

Thanks again for your patience. We are doing our best to deal with these problems.

Things are settling down a bit. The main problem we're having is not the number of players online, but the number of players downloading. I was hoping that more players would have the game downloaded ready for this, but it appears that many players waited until now to start patching.

Please bear with folks. We're having trouble handling so many logins and downloads at once.

Our bandwidth is limited until we can move to a new server location. As soon as I saw the recent influx of new players we put in an order to move to new servers, but unfortunately our hosts have not been able to move us yet. This will happen before the official launch.Today's early start for pre-orders is not going well and I apologize. There's not much we can do at this very moment, just bear through it.

It would help for players to get in and set up their totems and come back when things settle down.

Thanks for you patience!

So the above update states server move will take place before or on March 1st 2011.

I bring this up as the new updates posted the 19th and on have changed the official launch date of the game but that should not effect a pre determined server switch scheduled to happen by March 1st 2011.

Just looking for an update on if this has changed.

Thanks

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 11:31 AM
the paitent is sick and before you get the blood work samples back you simply do not know how long recovery will be because you are not for sure what the illness is.

'we are looking at the data now...'

Mims44
02-24-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm not exactly a prophet.
But I'm willing to affirm that you will not get the answer to which you seek, at least not to your satisfaction.

Chevron
02-24-2011, 11:33 AM
the paitent is sick and before you get the blood work samples back you simply do not know how long recovery will be because you are not for sure what the illness is.

'we are looking at the data now...'

My question is strictly in reference to server move as all of the in house game probs that arose should not effect a server move date. I ask for an update on the server move date not the state of the game.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
My question is strictly in reference to server move as all of the in house game probs that arose should not effect a server move date. I ask for an update on the server move date not the state of the game.

honestly does it really matter? as long as it's been moved before final wipe and relaunch of headstart than who cares?

NexAnima
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Well...I'm guessing these current problems, which keep the game from working, are a bit more important then having a game that doesn't work on new servers.

Edit: And they may just move up the official release date

Update: they are working on stuff...

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 11:37 AM

like others have said I really dont care if the server has been moved or not if I can play on it anyway.

I really dont need a blow by blow update from the devs on everything from server moves to if the toliets are getting clean or not. Just let me know when I can play if you happen to have an idea.

Chevron
02-24-2011, 11:38 AM
honestly does it really matter? as long as it's been moved before final wipe and relaunch of headstart than who cares?

It is a simple question regarding a purchased game that does not require anything diffacult to answer but simply stating "Hey such and such plans to have our servers moved some time by ______, so yes they will be moved by March 1st or no they wont be.

It's a question..not a QQ or a rage rant or a diss on the devs...simply a question to keep us informed on progress.

NexAnima
02-24-2011, 11:39 AM
It is a simple question regarding a purchased game that does not require anything diffacult to answer but simply stating "Hey such and such plans to have our servers moved some time by ______, so yes they will be moved by March 1st or no they wont be.

see

Well...I'm guessing these current problems, which keep the game from working, are a bit more important then having a game that doesn't work on new servers.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 11:51 AM

It's a question..not a QQ or a rage rant or a diss on the devs...simply a question to keep us informed on progress.

actually them moving the servers over now so that you cant play on them for an unknown amount of time actually has nothing at all to do with your $40 having said that, I would not advertise a QQ over a $40 purchase

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
server switch by monday...yes

its the year we are all curious about

Chevron
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
The issues go hand in hand.

Old servers caused extreme lag wich allowed for exploitation. Exploits need to be fixed before final launch and wipe.

New servers eliminate lag making game playable but in case of lag spikes on new servers.. exploits still need to be fixed before launch.

Final wipe and launch will not happen untill servers are moved.

So if jookie posts an update tomorrow stating all exploits fixed and game good to go but we have to wait for server move. I would like a time frame of when server move will happen.

If we are given a date on server move at least there is confort in know that we need only wait untill exploits are fixed to play the game.

Chevron
02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
actually them moving the servers over now so that you cant play on them for an unknown amount of time actually has nothing at all to do with your $40 having said that, I would not advertise a QQ over a $40 purchase

Again...its a simple question regarding a game i purchased which gives the right to ask it no? Its about knowing progress and everyone seems to act as if the game was crazy broke....it was unplayable due to lag...lag fixed by new servers..Exploits allowed due to lag remain the problem and i agree they need to be fixed before launch but the questions remains and it is not wrong of me to ask it.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Again...its a simple question regarding a game i purchased which gives the right to ask it no? Its about knowing progress and everyone seems to act as if the game was crazy broke....it was unplayable due to lag...lag fixed by new servers..Exploits allowed due to lag remain the problem and i agree they need to be fixed before launch but the questions remains and it is not wrong of me to ask it.

I am soooo bored today I really wish someone would say something remotly intresting!

I dont want a blow by blow play of every time he takes a piss. if he has a general idea of when I can play then fine if not just keep on working and finally, I dont care about the damn $40, thats nothing

NexAnima
02-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Update February 23

Hello everyone,

The game server is currently down until further notice. I've taken it down so we can examine the data and run tests with some changes that have been made throughout the day.

I will wipe the data again and turn on the server when we have fixes for all the problems that we've located with the tests over the past 24 hours.

Thanks for your patience. We will get this all fixed!

There we go

Chevron
02-24-2011, 12:08 PM
I am soooo bored today I really wish someone would say something remotly intresting!

Fabric...you are a fanboy troll. This thread is a question to the devs not a question asking for your multiple statements demeaning my personal intrest of the games progress.

BigCountry
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah according to what he said yesterday, the server move is not the issue. Apparently his code is still all jacked up. The last thing he wants to do is say "ok launching tonight guys!", then have it all break again when we zerg storm it.

He strikes out again and some money might start bailing due to lack of confidence in his product....so I expect him to take his time.
lol
:(

Chevron
02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
There we go

I have read this and it implies that when the exploits are fixed servers will be up but it does not imply the final wipe which means when they come back up we will be told we are waiting on the server move so the game will be playable ie... no lag, which is again why i ask if the server move will still happen by Monday.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Fabric...you are a fanboy troll. This thread is a question to the devs not a question asking for your multiple statements demeaning my personal intrest of the games progress.

edit: your taking my views on the subject far to personally.

Xsyon
02-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Hello Chevron,

I wish I could give an exact date for the server move, but I can't. It's dependent on our server hosts and the contracted server administrator. As of now a moved download server is almost ready, but I haven't received a date for when the game server will be ready. When I have a solid date I will post it, but most likely it will be 'servers are ready now'.

Chevron
02-24-2011, 12:14 PM
fair enough but to be honest I really dont care if you play the game or not.

If you perfer to play another game please, let me show you the door.

anyway. I will stop now

At no point was "Not playing the game ever mentioned" ie...you are fanboy troll. This thread was posted with a simple question attached for the devs.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
At no point was "Not playing the game ever mentioned" ie...you are fanboy troll. This thread was posted with a simple question attached for the devs.

yes I corrected myself I read you post wrong.

Look you are taking my views on the subject you brought up waaaay to personally.

chill man stop QQ so much, we get it.

Chevron
02-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Hello Chevron,

I wish I could give an exact date for the server move, but I can't. It's dependent on our server hosts and the contracted server administrator. As of now a moved download server is almost ready, but I haven't received a date for when the game server will be ready. When I have a solid date I will post it, but most likely it will be 'servers are ready now'.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question as i know you must be quite busy. I am satisfied with that and continue to be amazed by the communication you keep with us which is why i will stick with this game as i rarley see it in any other games.

Thanks again.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 04:01 PM
What kind of mom and pop bs are you contracting your servers out to if they can't even give you an estimate of job completion with 1-2 day accuracy.

This is not the way actual business works. It's either a stall tactic where we're not being told about certain obstacles, or Xsyon is putting the game server in the hands of complete unprofessionals.

somebody always has to cry about something, he could have not said a word!

orious13
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Lol, funny how some people just need to respond to threads even when they have nothing useful or on topic to say. A troll that's too stupid to even know it... Way to try to derail the thread, you useless goof.

I can wait and wait for Xsyon to come up, but the Dev is clearly either dealing with complete idiots, or being one himself for contracting to someone who would tell him they have no estimate of when they can have a server ready.

Just sayin.

He might have an estimate, but not an exact date. If you post an estimate and the estimate is wrong then people like you will be speaking negatively again. They can be doing the dload server first and not both at the same time. In which case he said almost ready for the dload server. That's all the estimate he needs to say to avoid more "shtick" from impatient community followers.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Lol, funny how some people just need to respond to threads even when they have nothing useful or on topic to say. A troll that's too stupid to even know it... Way to try to derail the thread, you useless goof.

I can wait and wait for Xsyon to come up. No rush. But the Dev is clearly either:

-Misleading us and not mentioning other problems he's having that are causing delay.
-Being an idiot for contracting work to someone who would tell him they have no estimate of when they can have a server ready.

Just sayin.

problem is this thread is already over, so derailing it is not an issue, the op got his answer and he was satisfied. you came into said thread and derailed it to yourself making baseless assumptions looking like a complete ass while doing so!

furanku
02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Hello Chevron,

Xsyon just wondering can you answer this question:

If the server are not ready, will you launch the early access for players to login until the Server is ready. And if you do launch the early access will it be a wipe when the server is moved?>

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I didn't make any baseless assumptions.

I took his comment and extrapolated two possible scenarios, presenting them only as possibilities.

You are one of those people that is just a little too stupid to know what the words he's saying even mean, so I won't respond after this and feed your troll.

yeah, ok....

mgilbrtsn
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Its rather simple don't you think.

- Switch the servers
- test/fix the problems
- do it now, so that I can play! :)

Xsyon
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Phreak,

I was given an 'estimate'. These estimates are usually wrong, so I don't pass it along. You can say it's not how business works, however it's exactly how I've seen things work with most large company I've worked with for the past 17 years in this industry.

I chose our current hosts for two reasons:

1) They were highly recommended by a friend who has managed data centers for some of the largest MMO publishers.

2) The main reason: We considered many different locations and our current hosts had the best average overall connectivity and ping to test locations around the globe. (Our current problems were not with bandwidth only and that is being addressed with the server reconfiguration and move).

As soon as I know that the servers will be ready I will announce it. They are being worked on right now.

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Phreak,

I was given an 'estimate'. These estimates are usually wrong, so I don't pass it along. You can say it's not how business works, however it's exactly how I've seen things work with most large company I've worked with for the past 17 years in this industry.

I chose our current hosts for two reasons:

1) They were highly recommended by a friend who has managed data centers for some of the largest MMO publishers.

2) The main reason: We considered many different locations and our current hosts had the best average overall connectivity and ping to test locations around the globe. (Our current problems were not with bandwidth only and that is being addressed with the server reconfiguration and move).

As soon as I know that the servers will be ready I will announce it. They are being worked on right now.

thanks for the update, as much complaining that going on these forums about different issues i'm sure all or most of us appreciate all the work you and your team are doing!

Tobel
02-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Xsyon,

Is it at all possible that you would do a final wipe on the 'old' servers and let us play until the 'new' servers are installed/ready and transfer the data over to them?

BigCountry
02-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Xsyon,

Is it at all possible that you would do a final wipe on the 'old' servers and let us play until the 'new' servers are installed/ready and transfer the data over to them?

His code is not working. He needs us all on on one box so his developers can collect and debug the code. And hopefully fix the s*** by the 1st.
:D

Xsyon
02-25-2011, 11:24 AM

Yes, but we need to fix things first. I've already delayed the launch by 2 weeks once I realized that we needed time to move servers and prevent some exploits. That was announced on the 19th. I'll post more tonight.

mgilbrtsn
02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
the latest update says that a new download server will be ready. That sounds like new servers are coming on line... I hope.

Persha
02-25-2011, 11:30 AM
your siggi rocks lol

ifireallymust
02-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Check the latest announcement. Looks like things are progressing.