PDA

View Full Version : Racial/Faction Conflict

Uzik
03-15-2010, 07:40 AM
If there is any sort of racial/faction based PvP in this game, will you take place in it?

I've always hated ARAC, and hope that there is a zombie player race in this game so I can wage war against them.

Dominus
03-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Tribe vs. Tribe
Evil vs. Good ?

Lily
03-15-2010, 08:19 AM
I get the impression the only conflict will be player driven, rather than anything in-game. We're all human and 'race' would only appear to change the colour of your skin. You're going to have to make your own enemies.

Uzik
03-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Lily wrote:

I get the impression the only conflict will be player driven, rather than anything in-game. We're all human and 'race' would only appear to change the colour of your skin. You're going to have to make your own enemies.

Are we sure about the all human thing? Some pictures made it seem like there was a zombie playable race.

Dominus
03-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Uzik wrote:
Are we sure about the all human thing? Some pictures made it seem like there was a zombie playable race.
I thought those were NPC's you could kill?

Lardocrul
03-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Maybe we start all as normal looking humans, but the ones who play evil chars and slaughter poor carebears will become zombies..... (irony off)

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Its all human, think your seeing someone in gear. theres a dude wearing a cats head or something too.

Virtus
03-15-2010, 08:27 AM
hmmm Uzik and Dominus have interesting questions.

/moves on to other posts

Dominus
03-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Wrekkoning wrote:

Its all human, think your seeing someone in gear. theres a dude wearing a cats head or something too.
There's a "Human Bone" armor aswell. The ingridients to craft that has to come from somewhere.
My guess it's those zombie npc's or other players you kill and scavenge their bones.

Lily
03-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Dominus wrote:

Wrekkoning wrote:

There's a "Human Bone" armor aswell. The ingridients to craft that has to come from somewhere.
My guess it's those zombie npc's or other players you kill and scavenge their bones..
Nothing wrong with good old fashioned cannibalism.

Virtus wrote:

hmmm Uzik and Dominus have interesting questions.

/moves on to other posts
You get your teasing arse back here and talk to us young man!

TangerineSky
03-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Zomibies would be a pretty awesome race to add down the line. You could add some good lore to their introduction, pulling from the various great zombie movies out there.

Lily
03-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Are they not trying to be moderately realistic though? No magic etc. Hardly seems a place for zombies.

Dominus
03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
If the animal life becomes mutated if it crosses the border then zombies are not that far off really.
They could be the completely evil race since they always crave for brains.

TangerineSky
03-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Lily wrote:

Are they not trying to be moderately realistic though? No magic etc. Hardly seems a place for zombies.Zombies are moderately realistic.....28 days later is a hell of a lot more believable then lord of the rings.

Wrekkoning
03-15-2010, 08:48 AM
TangerineSky wrote:

Lily wrote:

Are they not trying to be moderately realistic though? No magic etc. Hardly seems a place for zombies.Zombies are moderately realistic.....28 days later is a hell of a lot more believable then lord of the rings.

Omg, QFT from the heart.

Lily
03-15-2010, 08:51 AM
TangerineSky wrote:

Lily wrote:

I guess I'd better watch that tonight then. I think it's on the list.

Ah yes, #30.

Largion
03-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Dominus wrote:

If the animal life becomes mutated if it crosses the border then zombies are not that far off really.
They could be the completely evil race since they always crave for brains.

Zombies does not eat brain, that would be disgusting! They eat your flesh and when they do that they infect you.

Cradlejoe
03-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Here is a response I got from a FAQ question I asked a while ago:

My Question:
Hey, I was wondering if the undead you see in the screenshots are players or NPCs. I ask this because I was led to believe that the undead are the evil players. And if they are NPCs then why have evil tribes?

The Answer:
In the screenshots these were players, but as we're not going to allow
players to play undead yet this is not an announced feature. There will
be undead NPCs during the Prelude.

The system for players becoming undead will be announced later.
Currently it's not an official feature.

Evil tribes are for players who want to be evil. That's about it. :-)

Thanks for the questions.

Now I hope this sheds some light on the subject for people.

Eonwe
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm not really against different factions having conflicts with each other so long as it is player driven at its heart. I've always felt like racial divides ruin player driven PvP, simply because things don't work like that a lot of times. In a post apocalyptic world there might be a few groups who attack based on race, but a lot of groups are concerned about survival. Different factors motivate people differently, so I'd be pretty worried to hear of a focus on racial based PvP.

Uzik
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
The one picture in the gallery looks like a zombie PC holding a shovel.

Reynolds
03-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Eonwe wrote:

I'm not really against different factions having conflicts with each other so long as it is player driven at its heart. I've always felt like racial divides ruin player driven PvP, simply because things don't work like that a lot of times. In a post apocalyptic world there might be a few groups who attack based on race, but a lot of groups are concerned about survival. Different factors motivate people differently, so I'd be pretty worried to hear of a focus on racial based PvP.

I'm sure if zombies do make it into the game, with possible mechanisms for turning a living breathing lump of person into a rotting shambling lump of person. (would be an interesting death penalty for evils) We'll be free to either accept them or kill them on sight, different tribes will handle them differently. I'm sure a zombie only tribe will pop up for their own preservation.