PDA

View Full Version : Xsyon on a netbook?

deadhouse
02-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Bit of a weird question, but I'll be out of town for launch week and will only have a netbook to tide me over.

I've been able to run WoW and a couple of other low-demand MMOs on minimum settings on this netbook, and I was wondering if any of yall had any anecdotes re:running Xsyon on way below minimum specs.

What I got is a 1.6GHz processor, no graphics card, and a whopping 1 GB of ram.

Any thoughts?

Chavoda
02-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Need to know the type of chips it has (everything has a chip that processor the grapics) it needs to support shader model 2.0 if it does you probaly are able to run it at the lowest settings. (I had cod:mw running os a similar netbook using a software tool to emulate the shader model .. 2 fps but it worked :P )

3d analyze (http://www.3dfxzone.it/files?object=3dfx&objid=100) is the name of the tool (click to download)

tredo
02-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I work at bestbuy and we sell those netbooks, its an intel Atom processor and an intel HD graphics chip, 1gb ddr2 ram with either a 160 or 250gb solid state storage drive. The netbook as a single slot RAM slot, you could remove the 1gig ram and replace it with a 2gig stick.... I was curious if Xsyon would run on these netbooks too...

Chavoda
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
It probably will, Eve runs fine (not counting fps) on those ( not the old but the new client) I modified mine to have 2gb ram ad a 250gb notebook harddrive as my old model only had a 8gb ssd drive in it ( linux cheap version) worked fine untill I sat on it and broke it hehe.
thing is there are a lot of Intel chips. mine had a intel 945 chip , those are utter crap and only support shader model 1.1 on their own.

deadhouse
02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Mine is an Intel 3150 and the internet tells me this supports shader model 2.0, so with any luck it will work!

Virtus
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
don't be surprised if it doesn't take a look at the FAQ for requirements www.xsyon.com/faq

Jadzia
02-25-2011, 05:59 AM
I tried the game on a dual core 2.0 laptop with integrated graphic card and I got like 3 Fps. It was unplayable.