PDA

View Full Version : Why Kill Crafters?

Robbhood
02-24-2011, 02:37 PM
What a stupid idea. Are all you PvP heroes afraid of fighting each other? You wanna roll into a camp an attack an easy victim? Go out into the world and fight fighters ya cowards.

I don't want, nor will I have to, be bothered by idiots while I do what ever I want within the confines of my safe zone, which will always be turned on.

Having said that, I love PvP. So I ponied up for two accounts. One for the crafting, which is relaxing and rewarding and one for PvP which is exciting and rewarding.

My crafter will wave at ya from my safe little totem, , then I will walk up behind you with my other account, kill you and trade your gear after I hand it over to my crafter.

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
There are multi-game guilds who specialize in forming alliances with each other, rapidly recruiting members, rolling up a giant zerg ball, and then rolling over everyone and everything in their path. Before their newest game has been out two weeks, these alliances own everything, and completely destroy the game for everyone else. I suspect some of the crying is coming from them.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
it is called "epeen insecurity"

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 02:48 PM
holy crap I got coth off this guy! oh wait, there is cloth right here I could have just picked up this one.

yeah yeah i know its all going to deplete away my god oh my!

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 02:50 PM
What a stupid idea. Are all you PvP heroes afraid of fighting each other? You wanna roll into a camp an attack an easy victim? Go out into the world and fight fighters ya cowards.

I don't want, nor will I have to, be bothered by idiots while I do what ever I want within the confines of my safe zone, which will always be turned on.

Having said that, I love PvP. So I ponied up for two accounts. One for the crafting, which is relaxing and rewarding and one for PvP which is exciting and rewarding.

My crafter will wave at ya from my safe little totem, , then I will walk up behind you with my other account, kill you and trade your gear after I hand it over to my crafter.

BECAUSE THERE ARE NO COMBAT CHARACTERS TO KILL, EVERYONE IN THE GAME IS A CRAFTER SINCE THERE IS NO NEED FOR COMBAT.

bruisie159
02-24-2011, 02:52 PM
BECAUSE THERE ARE NO COMBAT CHARACTERS TO KILL, EVERYONE IN THE GAME IS A CRAFTER SINCE THERE IS NO NEED FOR COMBAT.

really? great i was hoping this game would focus on crafting and world building just as the devs have always made perfectly clear!

BigCountry
02-24-2011, 02:54 PM
I kill everyone I see in Xsyon. They can be crafting or making love to a bear. It does not matter. I do not selectively target any one type of player.

Viper66
02-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Are there any guns in this game??,, why not did the apock make them all disappear?.. might solve a lot of problems we are all having,,(I know a Marine Base that has tanks and guns near Tahoe I'am headed there first)!!!

Robbhood
02-24-2011, 02:56 PM
LOL Anyone who considers themselves to be a great PvP god has got to be joking if this is the game they chose for PvP. It's an interesting side bar, nothing more.

esudar
02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
no you dont love pvp
you are a coward
easy mode carebear that only wants to fight on his conditions.
maybe you should play wow, or rift is in atm i heard

Dontaze_Mebro
holy crap I got coth off this guy! oh wait, there is cloth right here I could have just picked up this one.

yeah yeah i know its all going to deplete away my god oh my!
Holy crap I got all the tools I needed and some rare recipes and scavenged goods because this moron likes to carry everything he owns on him and never pauses to drop off his loots.

Dontaze_Mebro
double

Robbhood
02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
no you dont love pvp
you are a coward
easy mode carebear that only wants to fight on his conditions.
maybe you should play wow, or rift is in atm i heard

Nice sentence structure.

FabricSoftener
02-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Holy crap I got all the tools I needed and some rare recipes and scavenged goods because this moron likes to carry everything he owns on him and never pauses to drop off his loots.

more than likely you will find those tools in pouches you cant open.

Sure your story could happen but by the law of averages (phrase I just made up) your more likely better off just picking up shit off the ground like everyone else

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 03:07 PM

you wouldn't get anything from me whether you kill me or not, try looting my corpse in water that is where i will be when i die so you can't.

Niburu
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Just saying that you can build defensive structures and protect your cities from raiders. even better when gates are in

furanku
02-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Robin you are forever on my hit list ^_^

The hunt begins.

Dontaze_Mebro
02-24-2011, 03:13 PM
more than likely you will find those tools in pouches you cant open.

Sure your story could happen but by the law of averages (phrase I just made up) your more likely better off just picking up shit off the ground like everyone else

You do realize that you can open people's backpacks and pouches when you kill them right?

Dubanka
02-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Why kill a crafter.
1. You're in my area. Limited resources. You're taking them. Sorry. Die. Nice innards.
2. I'm in your area. Limited resources, I don't have very many at home, you've got a lot, thanks i'll take your stuff.
3. Paranoia. How do i know you wont jump me while i'm sorting junk?
4. With animal sightings a rarity after the first hour, how else am i supposed to raise my armed combat ability?
5. Nice shoes. I don't have any. Looks like those will fit. yup. they do. sorry about the entrail spillage.
6. Bad day. you were in the way. sorry.
7. Hmm. maybe if i kill you, you'll call out some friends and we can have ourselves a partay.
8. You killed my father.
9. You stole my goat.
10. Hat Envy.

furanku
02-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Why kill a crafter.
1. You're in my area. Limited resources. You're taking them. Sorry. Die. Nice innards.
2. I'm in your area. Limited resources, I don't have very many at home, you've got a lot, thanks i'll take your stuff.
4. With animal sightings a rarity after the first hour, how else am i supposed to raise my armed combat ability?
5. Nice shoes. I don't have any. Looks like those will fit. yup. they do. sorry about the entrail spillage.
7. Hmm. maybe if i kill you, you'll call out some friends and we can have ourselves a partay.
8. You killed my father.
9. You stole my goat.
10. Hat Envy.

You and I can be friends.

Risk
02-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Are there any guns in this game??,, why not did the apock make them all disappear?.. might solve a lot of problems we are all having,,(I know a Marine Base that has tanks and guns near Tahoe I'am headed there first)!!!

because the game is set about 24 years after the apoc...just look at a totem for the date....
All the ammunition would have most likely been used up ages ago... that also goes for gas, which will become useless for engines after an even shorter time.
They have said we will get bows and arrows at some point :)

jumpshot
02-24-2011, 04:01 PM
I love PvP.

Clearly you do not.

The presence of PvP on those that are not willing is what adds "danger" to games, and overcoming danger is what is fun in games.

That being said, I don't like killing people that present no challenge. I DO love playing "gank the ganker" and beating someone who thinks they're about to get off with an easy win.

So ya... you can play a single player game if you like, I'd prefer to play one where I can't just click click click until my eyes bleed with no chance of anything I didn't expect happening.

jumpshot
02-24-2011, 04:03 PM
you wouldn't get anything from me whether you kill me or not, try looting my corpse in water that is where i will be when i die so you can't.

I heard bragging about being a coward and exploiter is what all the cool kids do.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Why kill a crafter.
8. You killed my father.
9. You stole my goat.
10. Hat Envy.

/signed

+100 for "hat envy"

kombi
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
so if i have decided to play a cowardly thieving bastard who prays on the weak... why would i not attack that crafter... or that merchent with my gang of thiefs.. who said because my class it build for fighting im looking to fight and not just Rob ppl with goods for my own benifit.. why do you think rich people hire bodyguards.. why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

btw this is not how i play its just my point

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I heard bragging about being a coward and exploiter is what all the cool kids do.

show me where it is said that no looting in water is an exploit or bug? Coward maybe but if i can't fight back because i have a crafting tool in my hand instead of a weapon what am i supposed to do? would be killed by the time i switched to a weapon so only choice is to run and try to deny you the loot you want, if that means jumping into water than so be it, if that means jumping off a cliff so you will follow me and die also to be teleported back to your evil totem then so be it. even if caught in open and killed you won't have anything to loot but the little i have on me as most everything will be locked up in a basket anyways. if pker's try to ruin my fun, i will try to ruin theirs to the best of my ability allowed in game

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
so if i have decided to play a cowardly thieving bastard who prays on the weak... why would i not attack that crafter... or that merchent with my gang of thiefs.. who said because my class it build for fighting im looking to fight and not just Rob ppl with goods for my own benifit.. why do you think rich people hire bodyguards.. why is this concept so hard for people to understand?

btw this is not how i play its just my point

that is your right if you want to play that way, but it is not your right to use that as an excuse for ganking a player over and over which is the usual case for the griefers. I've said it in another thread there is 2 types of people that play like you said, one is a pvp'r and the other is simply a pker who just wants to ruin anothers time.

JCatano
02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Loot.

You supply people who PvP against me.

Competition for areas and resources. Crafters are part of that.

We're all going to be crafters and combatants, anyway. Unfortunately, Jordi made separate soft caps for combat and crafting skills.

Risk
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
/signed

+100 for "hat envy"

haha Im a Crafter and I got to admit, that list is hillarious!
I have no problem with PVPers even those who go after me while im scaving..its part of the game. Most cases ive run into, its some new nekid kid with one axe running around like hes on PCP..in those cases I just kill em and go do something else for a bit.
If its a pvper who actually knows a thing or two..I just hit H, drop my bin if im heavy and X it out of there...no harm in running if your toon isnt set up to fight.

p.s. phear ta Cat Hat!! :p

Brutix
02-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I personally don't like fighting crafters but if my guild is at war with another guild, then preying on their crafters just makes tactical sense. Also if I'm in a ganking mood I will gank everyone and anyone. Crafters do bug me a little though, their personality and their sense of entitlement. I play MMO's because I love not knowing or having control of people or situations. Some people get extremely stressed when things don't go their way. These are the people I hate and whether they are crafter or pvper I will kill them just so I can hear them freak out.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 04:32 PM
I personally don't like fighting crafters but if my guild is at war with another guild, then preying on their crafters just makes tactical sense. Also if I'm in a ganking mood I will gank everyone and anyone. Crafters do bug me a little though, their personality and their sense of entitlement. I play MMO's because I love not knowing or having control of people or situations. Some people get extremely stressed when things don't go their way. These are the people I hate and whether they are crafter or pvper I will kill them just so I can hear them freak out.

explain where anyone has requested an entitlement? it is the pvp'rs here that are requesting the entitlement and bitching about a planned feature because it doesn't suit their tastes of what a sandbox constitutes. The whole complaint here is because the pvp'rs don't want safe zones the developers do for the prelude. In the end the pvp'rs will get what they want as the safe zone are going to be gone once prelude is over, this has been the plan all along. The fact is xyson is not about pvp as a primary focus but secondary which has been said many times by jooki here, feature page, and interviews.

JCatano
02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
MrKrueak -

Does Jordi actually say PvP is a secondary focus? I haven't found anything like that.

Not "relying on PvP" or not having PvP as the "driving factor" doesn't mean it's secondary. Sounds like an equal focus to me, especially considering it's open-PvP with removal of safe zones after Prelude.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 04:42 PM
MrKrueak -

Does Jordi actually say PvP is a secondary focus? I haven't found anything like that.

Not "relying on PvP" or not having PvP as the "driving factor" doesn't mean it's secondary. Sounds like an equal focus to me, especially considering it's open-PvP with removal of safe zones after Prelude.

there is a link to an interview somewhere around here that has him stating his intentions with the game, if i can find it again will post it but it should also be obvious by simply looking at the feature page, he is advertising the game as a world simulator crafting centric game with pvp not a world simulator pvp centric with crafting ala dark fall/mortal online. it is what makes xyson different they are building the worl simulator and crafting part first with a higher priority over pvp

doesn't not mean that the game won't become pvp centric after prelude though

JCatano
02-24-2011, 04:48 PM
there is a link to an interview somewhere around here that has him stating his intentions with the game, if i can find it again will post it but it should also be obvious by simply looking at the feature page, he is advertising the game as a world simulator crafting centric game with pvp not a world simulator pvp centric with crafting ala dark fall/mortal online. it is what makes xyson different they are building the worl simulator and crafting part first with a higher priority over pvp

doesn't not mean that the game won't become pvp centric after prelude though

I'm not asking about anything that can be interpreted into a personal-wish view. I'm asking if there is anything that specifically says PvP is "secondary".

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm not asking about anything that can be interpreted into a personal-wish view. I'm asking if there is anything that specifically says PvP is "secondary".

here is one interview where he talking about what xsyon is and does not mention pvp at all, obviously if it was pvp focused he'd be marketing that not what he was

http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/content.php?914-Xsyon-Notorious-Games-Interview

here is another where he does mention pvp but states the main storyis to set up the epic struggle between good vs evil in the prelude

http://beefjack.com/features/interview-jordi-grau-davis-on-xsyon/

there some others out there from different sites but those 2 above seems to repeat just on different sites, just google xyson interviews if you want to read others, that last one is the latest one i could find

JCatano
02-24-2011, 05:11 PM
here is one interview where he talking about what xsyon is and does not mention pvp at all, obviously if it was pvp focused he'd be marketing that not what he was

http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/content.php?914-Xsyon-Notorious-Games-Interview

here is another where he does mention pvp but states the main storyis to set up the epic struggle between good vs evil in the prelude

there some others out there from different sites but those 2 above seems to repeat just on different sites, just google xyson interviews if you want to read others, that last one is the latest one i could find

Those are irrelevant to what I asked. ;)

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Those are irrelevant to what I asked. ;)

i don't see how, unless you are wanting to see the word "secondary" in prelude, why does it have to be spelled out?

JCatano
02-24-2011, 05:16 PM
i don't see how, unless you are wanting to see the word "secondary" in prelude, why does it have to be spelled out?

Because, if it isn't stated as being secondary, you can't assume it is.

We could go the other direction here:

Jordi Grau Davis: The original concept and design for Xsyon was influenced by Ultima Online, D&D and a bit by the first MMO I played a long time ago, Dark Sun Online.

Two heavily focused PvP games. I think DSO only has a few safe zones.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM

Jordi Grau Davis: The original concept and design for Xsyon was influenced by Ultima Online, D&D and a bit by the first MMO I played a long time ago, Dark Sun Online.

either way we will all see, my point against most of the posts is people wanting things their way, as i said before we are not playing pay anyone elses but xysons game. If he decides to go pvp centric then he does those that don't like that can quite, same for if he decides to go crafting centric with little pvp then those that don't like that either can quit.

Issue is everyone thinks it's their game to tell the devs what should or shouldn't be in. The biggist misconception here is that the customer being us have no clue what we are talking about when giving game changing suggestions and are not always right

JCatano
02-24-2011, 05:32 PM
I've seen some people ask for safe zones to go away earlier than stated. It's not really an extravagant request when you consider that they are going to be removed, anyway. I also see some people going full steam ahead by asking for, or implying, they want safe zones forever.

As you said... Jordi's game. He stated no safe zones after Prelude.

Rudder
02-24-2011, 05:55 PM
He said Optional safe zones in Tribal area's

miyagi
02-24-2011, 06:03 PM
escusatio non petita accusatio manifesta

Robbhood
02-24-2011, 07:43 PM
safe zones are in. Turn 'em off if ya like.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
safe zones are in. Turn 'em off if ya like.

i prefer to abuse them untill they are removed....

your gonna love my safe zone choke points come tribal warfare.

JCatano
02-24-2011, 07:46 PM
He said Optional safe zones in Tribal area's

The only option he is considering is to turn your safety off during Prelude. After Prelude, they all turn off.

mgilbrtsn
02-24-2011, 10:34 PM
There are a couple of reasons really:

- Most if not all ppl are crafters, so you have no choice. When you kill someone, you are killing a crafter.
- To get his goodies, thus freeing up some of your time in having to gather them
- You may want to hinder a rival tribe. Deprive them of goods and at the same time strengthening yours
- If you're evil, well, it just goes without saying, you're evil
- and finally, sometimes its just plain fun.

I'm sure there are more, but its 1:34 in the morning and I'z sleepy.

Odie
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Why kill anyone?

mgilbrtsn
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Why kill anyone?
I refer you to bullets 3 and 4

;)

Odie
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
I refer you to bullets 3 and 4

;)

it was a rhetorical question.

jumpshot
02-25-2011, 01:27 AM
show me where it is said that no looting in water is an exploit or bug? Coward maybe but if i can't fight back because i have a crafting tool in my hand instead of a weapon what am i supposed to do? would be killed by the time i switched to a weapon so only choice is to run and try to deny you the loot you want, if that means jumping into water than so be it, if that means jumping off a cliff so you will follow me and die also to be teleported back to your evil totem then so be it. even if caught in open and killed you won't have anything to loot but the little i have on me as most everything will be locked up in a basket anyways. if pker's try to ruin my fun, i will try to ruin theirs to the best of my ability allowed in game

This is the douchiest playstyle I've heard of yet in this game.

jokhul
02-25-2011, 02:05 AM
The only option he is considering is to turn your safety off during Prelude. After Prelude, they all turn off.

We all interpret what Virtus and Jooky have said in ways that support our own agendas :D

That's because there has been no clear single post from Jooky explaining his CURRENT vision of the entire planned safe zone ruleset.

Virtus made a post that stated "safe zones are here to stay for the duration of the game, but you can turn your's off if you want more challenging gameplay". Jooky then elaborated on that by saying that safe zones will not be "toggleable", i.e. you cannot turn them on and off at will. He did not say Virtus was wrong, he merely clarified what Virtus had posted.

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 03:39 AM

not anymore than pker's beating up on defensless crafters what can be more douche than that?

douche in urban terms is used to describe that someone is brainless well if someone defenseless just sat there and let you beat on them than yeah they would be a douche if they didn't run and try everything possible to ultimately not to give the pker his satisfaction and ego petting he is looking for.

SotekOne
02-25-2011, 03:41 AM

I'd do it.

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 03:48 AM

someone was kind enough to point me to another interview where jordi stated that crafting/building was the focus and that he is not relying on PVP as the driving force and is looking to make xsyon a somewhat educational experience

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01/06/massively-exclusive-jordi-grau-davis-answers-our-xsyon-question/

I quote

Recently there seems to be a bit of a trend toward independently produced open-world games with sandbox elements and a heavy focus on PVP. What sets your game apart from titles like Darkfall or Mortal Online? Do you see PvP conflict as the driving force behind Xsyon?

What sets Xsyon apart is a focus on building and creating a new world and not relying on PvP as the driving force. The Xsyon setting is also based on reality and not a fantasy universe. This gives us the opportunity to introduce real locations and later historical lore to make Xsyon a somewhat educational experience.

PeonSanders911
02-25-2011, 03:59 AM

You "love PVP", but dont like it when your crafter is killed.
Thats gotta be the biggest carebear statement of the fourms.

WoW is that way ---------------->

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 04:04 AM
You "love PVP", but dont like it when your crafter is killed.
Thats gotta be the biggest carebear statement of the fourms.

WoW is that way ---------------->

<----------------------- and darkfall is that way

what i don't understand is what so fun about killing someone who cannot fight back? a crafter will have non weapons equipped when you attack and would not have enough time to switch to a weapong before he is killed, so he has two options just stand there, or run away. One can love PVP and still want to be a crafter, when he is in the mood to pvp he would equip himself for that role when in crafting mode he is not. pretty simple really.

Mims44
02-25-2011, 04:05 AM
That's because 100% PvP games with no other substance are failures.

It doesn't mean there won't be PvP or that it will be very watered down.
It means they aren't doing the darkfall thing of; "Hey, come play our game because...uhhhh. You can kill people and... err murder people and gank people... oh yeah and kill people."

The whole debate on safe zones and responses from NG staff made me think nothing is set in stone.
IE: If the ways to build fortifications work as intended and aren't simply weak obstacles like castles in DF were then I see them turning off safe zones. If players cannot protect their land through some fault in the game then safe zones will probably stay on.

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 04:24 AM
That's because 100% PvP games with no other substance are failures.

It doesn't mean there won't be PvP or that it will be very watered down.
It means they aren't doing the darkfall thing of; "Hey, come play our game because...uhhhh. You can kill people and... err murder people and gank people... oh yeah and kill people."

The whole debate on safe zones and responses from NG staff made me think nothing is set in stone.
IE: If the ways to build fortifications work as intended and aren't simply weak obstacles like castles in DF were then I see them turning off safe zones. If players cannot protect their land through some fault in the game then safe zones will probably stay on.

the way i understand it and have not seeen it stated otherwise, the safe zones are only around for prelude to build the world and give the devs time to implement the combat mechanics, tribal warfare, seiges etc. right now xyson has not combat all it is point your character at another and press 1 or 2. once prelude is over and the pvp mechanics are in game the safe zones will be gone according to everything i've read. of course things change and may have or will in the future. This whole debate is really pointless because of that, the pvp crowd wants it their way NOW, and the pve crowd wants in their way NOW also what both sides don't understand it doesn't matter what they want, it only matters what Jordi wants his game to be as i've said we pay to play his game not anyone elses.

Escargot
02-25-2011, 04:34 AM
The "ffa everywhere all the time" crowd is asking for an exclusive game. It excludes people who don't want to play that style because it leaves no choice. Everyone everywhere has to play that style. It's selfish.

The "safe zones available" crowd is asking for an inclusive game. It includes all playstyles, because the ffa crowd can still always fight each other, as well as those who want to fight sometimes, and those who only want to craft and build can play their style too. It's far more in line with a sandbox philosophy because everyone can do thier own thing.

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 04:41 AM
The "ffa everywhere all the time" crowd is asking for an exclusive game. It excludes people who don't want to play that style because it leaves no choice. Everyone everywhere has to play that style. It's selfish.

The "safe zones available" crowd is asking for an inclusive game. It includes all playstyles, because the ffa crowd can still always fight each other, as well as those who want to fight sometimes, and those who only want to craft and build can play their style too. It's far more in line with a sandbox philosophy because everyone can do thier own thing.

be prepared to be trolled and told that your opinion is wrong because if differs from their defination of a sandbox, you have been warned! :P

blackzilla
02-25-2011, 04:43 AM

I don't discriminate... I kill everyone equally.

Escargot
02-25-2011, 04:48 AM
be prepared to be trolled and told that your opinion is wrong because if differs from their defination of a sandbox, you have been warned! :P

Yeah...but I don't give a flying rat's ass :)

Mims44
02-25-2011, 04:49 AM

I have often wondered why a game doesn't offer both? Why not offer a toggle for PK? a perma one. You either can attack or be attacked 24/7, or you can never ever attack or be attacked.
Of course theres problems with that too, when people encroach on resources you consider to be yours you cannot do anything about it. I've also thought that if they wanted to do NonPvP and PvP players together that there should be a riskVsReward scenario.
IE: Your a crafter that is not PKable, you gain the average amount of resources. If you elect to become killable, you gain bonus resources each time you mine,forage,scavenge, etc.

It would provide the PK minded players with those crafter targets they love, and offer crafters a choice. Do 6 hours of straight crafting to accomplish my goal, or play a little risky but maybe get all the mats I need in 3 hours...

jumpshot
02-25-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm having trouble with "defenseless crafters," also. Obviously you don't have the stats that a pure combat toon might, but I think more people have crafting stats than you might think.

All my toons are crafting toons and I have definitely won more fights than I've lost.

Tehroth
02-25-2011, 06:14 AM
I think to make it fair and get the town/cities up and off the ground the tribal areas will have to be protected until the prelude is over.

BigCountry
02-25-2011, 06:26 AM
I think we should all have a group RL fight in the Wal-Mart parking lot this weekend.

Whoever wins gets 1st picking at tribal totem placement. Second gets second place etc.

This would be huge promotion for the game? What do you guys think?
:D

Archangei
02-25-2011, 06:31 AM
In this game everyone is created equally.
The FFA gameplay gets alot more rewarding when the smallest task such as fishing without beeing ganked is accomplished.

If you dont want to get ganked, go with griends, stay near your tribe so you can run back in and hide.
Don't carry what you can afford to lose

outfctrl
02-25-2011, 06:48 AM

They cant loot you in water?

blackzilla
02-25-2011, 06:51 AM
I think to make it fair and get the town/cities up and off the ground the tribal areas will have to be protected until the prelude is over.

I was wondering when you guys would show up here.

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 07:48 AM
They cant loot you in water?

no not at the moment, whether it is a bug or intended i have no clue.

outfctrl
02-25-2011, 07:57 AM
no not at the moment, whether it is a bug or intended i have no clue.

Good to know that because, I am a fisherman...LOL
So they cant fight you either in water?

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Good to know that because, I am a fisherman...LOL
So they cant fight you either in water?

no you can be killed in water but just can't be looted. The same thing applies if you kill an animal in water you will not be able to loot/skin said animal either.

Lucinda
02-25-2011, 09:20 AM
My hat will be the spiffiest of them all.

http://www.selftrading.co.uk/files/images/hat-033.jpg

I guess I am doomed..

ultrudeus
02-25-2011, 09:48 AM

QFT

Jadzia
02-25-2011, 10:13 AM

This

jumper45
02-25-2011, 11:51 AM

/agree

Bear5732
02-25-2011, 01:16 PM

I guess I am doomed..

Yes you are doomed - I could see that shade of pink from clear across the lake.

ifireallymust
02-25-2011, 01:19 PM

http://www.selftrading.co.uk/files/images/hat-033.jpg

I guess I am doomed..

If I could get that in a deep blue or a very dark green, it would go very well with these feathers I keep finding! Screw it, I like making everything in this game, including 'useless' things like spiffy hats.

JCatano
02-25-2011, 01:46 PM

"Sandbox"... Everyone has their own definition. It's irrelevant, anyway. Linear games have choices, too.

I think your gripe is with Jordi. Not the open-PvP gamers. You purchased a game that is stated to have open-PvP. It also states that safe zones will be removed after Prelude. That's the same game the PvP'ers bought. Your sandbox started once you visited this site for the first time. Your choice was to buy Xsyon.

Would I purchase A Tale in the Desert and complain about not having any PvP combat available? Nope.

You all need to start asking for more things to do: intricate crafting, unique resources to search/fight for, territory to fight for, etc. That way, PvP'ers won't get bored and roll Hopi every 2 minutes. Will having more to do mean you're safe? Absolutely not. PvP is open. It means you're going to get killed a lot. All of us will. More in-depth gameplay would certainly help keep the interest on certain tasks instead of just randomly killing, though (although, random PK'ing isn't an issue with me).

lavanous
02-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Hey they are just trying to keep the game as realistic as possible. You think if there was a RL disaster everyone would help each other out? In order to fight other pvpers you have to have gear, and you cant fault them for killing gatherers. In life there are wolf and than there are sheep. If you dont want to be killed trhan run with the wolves.

Brutix
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
explain where anyone has requested an entitlement? requested an entitlement, what is that suppose to mean? Anyways most players here on Xsyon have a attitude of entitlement. PVPers want plenty of people to kill and they think they are entitled to it. Crafters feel like they should be entitled to peace so they can craft their wares with no risk at all. People just care about their own playstyle and care nothing about the community as a whole, they just want things to always go their way and freak out when it doesn't. After rereading my post I was harsh with crafters, not all are whiny babies and some are great people. Anways having a game that caters to crafting over PVP or PVP over crafting is not a balanced game and is probably doomed to fail.

Also safe zones is just a piss poor way to protect crafters, it's lazy coding. I do believe their should be a way for crafters to be protected, without taking them out of the game. Yes safezones takes a person out of the game, its lame coding and a lack of vision. Hopefully it will be fixed

Escargot
02-25-2011, 02:33 PM
...I think your gripe is with Jordi. Not the open-PvP gamers....

I dunno. I have good reason to believe Jordi agrees with what I wrote.

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 02:44 PM
requested an entitlement, what is that suppose to mean? Anyways most players here on Xsyon have a attitude of entitlement. PVPers want plenty of people to kill and they think they are entitled to it. Crafters feel like they should be entitled to peace so they can craft their wares with no risk at all. People just care about their own playstyle and care nothing about the community as a whole, they just want things to always go their way and freak out when it doesn't. After rereading my post I was harsh with crafters, not all are whiny babies and some are great people. Anways having a game that caters to crafting over PVP or PVP over crafting is not a balanced game and is probably doomed to fail.

Also safe zones is just a piss poor way to protect crafters, it's lazy coding. I do believe their should be a way for crafters to be protected, without taking them out of the game. Yes safezones takes a person out of the game, its lame coding and a lack of vision. Hopefully it will be fixed

i'm not worried about this anymore, done forum warring over it no need to respond sicne you know all and certainly know what it takes to create a successful game. We know you and others of your type that your opinion are fact and due to that differing opinions are irrelevent with no hint of truth because you all say so. have fun, i will see your corpse in game!

bruisie159
02-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I have often wondered why a game doesn't offer both? Why not offer a toggle for PK? a perma one. You either can attack or be attacked 24/7, or you can never ever attack or be attacked.
Of course theres problems with that too, when people encroach on resources you consider to be yours you cannot do anything about it. I've also thought that if they wanted to do NonPvP and PvP players together that there should be a riskVsReward scenario.
IE: Your a crafter that is not PKable, you gain the average amount of resources. If you elect to become killable, you gain bonus resources each time you mine,forage,scavenge, etc.

It would provide the PK minded players with those crafter targets they love, and offer crafters a choice. Do 6 hours of straight crafting to accomplish my goal, or play a little risky but maybe get all the mats I need in 3 hours...

SWg did offer both and that was succesful enough and widely thought of as agreat sandboxy game.

JCatano
02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
I dunno. I have good reason to believe Jordi agrees with what I wrote.

Obviously not... If he did, safe zones wouldn't be removed after Prelude.

blackzilla
02-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I kill crafters for phat lootz!

Gracen
02-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Why kill a crafter.
8. You killed my father.
9. You stole my goat.
10. Hat Envy.

LMAO EXACTLY! You Craft I kill you and I do not have to craft...

Gracen
02-25-2011, 03:44 PM

Wouldn't good vs evil be a war or battle which means fighting which in turn means PvP/GvG/TvT?

Gracen
02-25-2011, 03:50 PM

Coming from a guy with a french name for snail....lol

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Wouldn't good vs evil be a war or battle which means fighting which in turn means PvP/GvG/TvT?

yes but after prelude, prelude is not about warring if you read the article, it is about building the world to set up that struggle.

Lucinda
02-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Yes you are doomed - I could see that shade of pink from clear across the lake.
Hats are meant to be seen. That is the paradox I suppose.

If I could get that in a deep blue or a very dark green, it would go very well with these feathers I keep finding! Screw it, I like making everything in this game, including 'useless' things like spiffy hats.
I will tell you this only once, so pay attention: The words 'useless' and 'spiffy hat' do not belong in the same sentence!

Kinslayer
02-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Why kill a crafter.
8. You killed my father.
9. You stole my goat.
10. Hat Envy.
This is, hands down, the best post on these forums.