PDA

View Full Version : safe zones for guilds in a sandbox game!

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Just wondering do you feel safe zones for guilds is a good mechanic?

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:27 PM
it isnt, it will be abused if allowed to continue.

i know there are no real means of defending your totem now, however you cant destroy it anyway, and those structures you made are for visual purposes only atm.

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
yeah I kinda see your point there, I was thinking the immersion in a sandbox game is important and I think that safe zones kinda go against that.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 07:33 PM
oh another thread about this that is only talked about in 10 others on the front page but yeah we need to discuss in a new one.....just to feel productive in this thread my answer to your question is

YES it is a good mechanic but only for prelude, once prelude is over than take them out. the world needs to be built first before you guys try to ruin it.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:33 PM
theres 2 heavily trafficked threads devoted to exactly this concern as well.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
oh another thread about this that is only talked about in 10 others on the front page but yeah we need to discuss in a new one.....just to feel productive in this thread my answer to your question is

YES it is a good mechanic but only for prelude, once prelude is over than take them out. the world needs to be built first before you guys try to ruin it.

no need to troll all of them then aye?

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM
you guys try to ruin it.

you guys o.0 im a carebear :P

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM

hardly, bet if i rolled pvp i could gank you more than me, the gank is all about suprise. there is no skill involved especially in a game where there is no combat machanics other than point and hit 1 or 2

pvp is just not my interest in this game but it has been in past in others.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM
no need to troll all of them then aye?

why not, i see you wherever i go :)

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM

PVE troll...he wants an eve system in the game...permanant static safe zones, so we can have dead pvp zones with uber strong characters concentrated in them....yawn...

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Yes, excellent idea! Remove safe zones. Now that one of the biggest, if not the biggest tribes in game has more than one tribe ready to declare all out war on it at first opportunity, what could possibly go wrong for all the smaller tribes and solo players caught in the middle? ZERG!

Please no.

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
PVE troll...he wants an eve system in the game...permanant static safe zones, so we can have dead pvp zones with uber strong characters concentrated in them....yawn...

more like everyone will run naked outside of the safe zones and it just be a place full of gankers. I don't want this to turn into darkfall :(

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
yup

ironic that these measures the pve crowd wants is only going to turn part of their game into exactly what they dont want

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 07:43 PM

i never said permanent didn't you read my post in this thread at all? it actually said that the safe zones should be gone after prelude. i don't think that means permanant unless we are from different planets.

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
i never said permanent didn't you read my post in this thread at all? it actually said that the safe zones should be gone after prelude. i don't think that means permanant unless we are from different planets.

I don't think he's going to stop posting until safe zones are removed, whether that's at launch or 6 months from now, or 6 years from now, or never, he doesn't care what you or I or anyone says, he wants the safe zones gone, and he's got his teeth sunk in the issue, and he...just...won't...stop!

sionide
02-24-2011, 07:46 PM

If only you knew what you were talking about. Show me Eve's safe zone. You can still get attacked and killed in Empire.

The more you post the more you expose that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I don't think he's going to stop posting until safe zones are removed, whether that's at launch or 6 months from now, or 6 years from now, or never, he doesn't care what you or I or anyone says, he wants the safe zones gone, and he's got his teeth sunk in the issue, and he...just...won't...stop!

missing the point as usual...read my OP on my thread please, perhaps this will remove the conusion on the issue that you both constatly display. thank you

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM
either way who cares, we will see, all this is becoming is oh you trolling this, oh you trolling that well screw it. xyson will turn out how the devs want it to be regardless so all this is wasted time. you guys can troll on, i am quitting this forum war and just going to loot your corpses in game to prove a point.

neestas
02-24-2011, 07:48 PM

Just learn to ignore flooders. Wonder when mods will finally take some action since forums in last 24 hours turned into worse than garbage can. 3-4 idiots sitting on voip and replying to each other on forums.

fflhktsn
02-24-2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/4042-No-risk-to-crafting-Needs-Penalties discuss here, read the OP, understand my point of veiw and want my goal is...thank you.

ifireallymust
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
missing the point as usual...read my OP on my thread please, perhaps this will remove the conusion on the issue that you both constatly display. thank you

Ok, I'm answering your question, and then I'm done with this merry-go-round for the night:

Yes! Yes I think safe zones are a good idea for guilds and for solo players, for that matter, at least during Prelude, and that Prelude should last at least until the devs have fully thought out, developed, and tested all of the changes they intend to make to pvp, territory control, siege equipment, structures, and everything else pertaining to the safe zone issue! Yes we need safe zones. Yes I like the safe zones. Yes the safe zones should stay!

Okay?

sionide
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM

If only you knew what you were talking about. Show me Eve's safe zone. You can still get attacked and killed in Empire.

The more you post the more you expose that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 07:57 PM

exactly love when others talk about a game they never played and understood the mechanics of.

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Ok, I'm answering your question, and then I'm done with this merry-go-round for the night:

Yes! Yes I think safe zones are a good idea for guilds and for solo players, for that matter, at least during Prelude, and that Prelude should last at least until the devs have fully thought out, developed, and tested all of the changes they intend to make to pvp, territory control, siege equipment, structures, and everything else pertaining to the safe zone issue! Yes we need safe zones. Yes I like the safe zones. Yes the safe zones should stay!

Okay?

Damn, SIX MONTHS..! dude thats half a year, look at MO, after half a year, its only got 27 members right on on the forums, and it had this amount on forums at pre release-release, interest in a game drops, for me personally, safe zones make me feel bored, I like the unexpected :D ...I love getting sweaty palms from thinking about pkers finding me when i got something valauble on me xD

kiwiitis
02-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Says it all. THE POLL "remove safe zones" Yes 72 No 225 Yay yay

The people have spoken.

PS note my join date compared to the MMORPG.com trolls:)

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Says it all. THE POLL "remove safe zones" Yes 72 No 225 Yay yay

The people have spoken.

you are about to be trolled and said that your opinion is wrong because theirs is right

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
those 225 are the ones fighting desperately to keep safe zones while the "normal players" and "harcore pvpers" already know the outcome :P in their hearts so theres no need for them to vote and plus with the current pvp system, who would want to pvp anyway :o

MrKrueak
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
see

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I "see" the truth!

China
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Damn, SIX MONTHS..! dude thats half a year, look at MO, after half a year, its only got 27 members right on on the forums, and it had this amount on forums at pre release-release, interest in a game drops, for me personally, safe zones make me feel bored, I like the unexpected :D ...I love getting sweaty palms from thinking about pkers finding me when i got something valauble on me xD

Then you need to make a decision. This game may not be for you. Or you could group up with a bunch of other "repeat ad nausem" "I can't gank wherever 24/7" posters. Pool your money, come up with a vision, work for a few years and produce what the hell ever turns you on. Go market it and make a minus bazillion with your no talent, lack of vision skilled loosers. But get this through your thick skull. This isn't your company, this isn't your vision, and this isn't your game. Until you risk more than $40, you and those like you need to chill. Try making a constructive post....there are a couple of sections on the forums for that. Hint: 'Tweaks & Suggestions' and 'Features'.

This is getting so old..................Yawn.

China

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Then you need to make a decision. This game may not be for you. Or you could group up with a bunch of other "repeat ad nausem" "I can't gank wherever 24/7" posters. Pool your money, come up with a vision, work for a few years and produce what the hell ever turns you on. Go market it and make a minus bazillion with your no talent, lack of vision skilled loosers. But get this through your thick skull. This isn't your company, this isn't your vision, and this isn't your game. Until you risk more than $40, you and those like you need to chill. Try making a constructive post....there are a couple of sections on the forums for that. Hint: 'Tweaks & Suggestions' and 'Features'.

This is getting so old..................Yawn.

China

who are you again? sorry? oh wait, your that dude just like me!, so maybe you should shut up and listen to your own words.

only the devs know what direction they want to take the game, its up to them in the end of the day, but then theres nothing wrong with players wanting something :)

China
02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
who are you again? sorry? oh wait, your that dude just like me!, so maybe you should shut up and listen to your own words.

only the devs know what direction they want to take the game, its up to them in the end of the day, but then theres nothing wrong with players wanting something :)

There is nothing wrong with players wanting something, right. But is it smart or is it doable, is it the vision of the developers, and in the long run,will it fit in with the developers long term vision of their game? You and those like you saying the same thing over and over couldn't possibly know. You haven't a clue. I will admit, I'm not completely clear either, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They are the ones who have constructed so far, a very fascinating game.

Constantly reposting and repeating the same whining, I want, I want, I want post does no good. It's only annoying and makes one wonder if you are capable of reading and comprehending, or do you think you are only able to be heard by voicing a me me me sorta thing. You are basically posting what a dozen or more so posts have said, populated by the same posters in everyone of them. You are spinning your wheels, and I smell rubber burning, as do many many other forum/game members.

I pointed out a couple of sections of this forum that are available for gaming suggestions. When you post in Prelude, a very repetitive meme, you make yourself look incapable of grasping the smallest of concepts, all the while making yourself appear immature and whiney.

China

KeithStone
02-24-2011, 08:43 PM
i don't like safe zones.

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 08:51 PM
There is nothing wrong with players wanting something, right. But is it smart or is it doable, is it the vision of the developers, and in the long run,will it fit in with the developers long term vision of their game? You and those like you saying the same thing over and over couldn't possibly know. You haven't a clue. I will admit, I'm not completely clear either, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They are the ones who have constructed so far, a very fascinating game.

Constantly reposting and repeating the same whining, I want, I want, I want post does no good. It's only annoying and makes one wonder if you are capable of reading and comprehending, or do you think you are only able to be heard by voicing a me me me sorta thing. You are basically posting what a dozen or more so posts have said, populated by the same posters in everyone of them. You are spinning your wheels, and I smell rubber burning, as do many many other forum/game members.

I pointed out a couple of sections of this forum that are available for gaming suggestions. When you post in Prelude, a very repetitive meme, you make yourself look incapable of grasping the smallest of concepts, all the while making yourself appear immature and whiney.

China

what are you smoking? may I ask?

I just asked do people think safe zones are a good mechanic., and you come in here, with your trolling attitude with non constructive feedback and not even answering the question but actually derailing the thread with some shitty attitude, saying everyone who not fond of safe zones are thick headed etc.

Like your mumbling on about something about concept etc and then saying because we are discussing a mechanic of the game we are now immature and whiney.

oneyedwang
02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
i don't like safe zones.

The larger tribes would of course not. This is a question that is going to be slanted based on which side it is more advantageous too. We can have this conversation when gates and other defense mechanisms are working. A large number of systems are not working, implemented, and the very nature of combat in this game doesn't yet allow for the removal of safe zones. The game needs to grow, new features need to be implemented but yes at some point they should be.

PrinceReaper
02-24-2011, 09:05 PM
why can't safe zones be removed?

the worse thing that will happen is that your get raided and your stuff taken....but I think that the only feature this game needs is a gate, because then you and your stuff will be safe within your walls.

oneyedwang
02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
i don't like safe zones.

The larger tribes would of course not. This is a question that is going to be slanted based on which side it is more advantageous too. We can have this conversation when gates and other defense mechanisms are working. A large number of systems are not working, implemented, and the very nature of combat in this game doesn't yet allow for the removal of safe zones. The game needs to grow, new features need to be implemented but yes at some point they should be.

bruisie159
02-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Havent we already got a million other threads about the same subject? Usually populated by the same 2/3 people.