PDA

View Full Version : Camp/Pk'ing spawn areas is GRIEFING and cheating

vorg
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
The spawn areas need to be made safe zones or the players will be griefed seconds after they log in.

Pk'ing players as they spawn in is NOT playing the game, It is NOT testing for bugs, IT IS GRIEFING and such players should be banned for it. What's more pk'ing players as they spawn in to get tools and equipment is also cheating. Not everyone creates char's optimized to fast and fight making it impossible to get away.

Xsyon
02-24-2011, 10:59 PM
The spawn areas are set to be safe. Is this not working?

Malivius
02-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Xsyon, this (apparently) is not working. I was attacked (though I got away) immediately upon logging on with a new character. Several others have complained about being killed upon login.

Destroyer
02-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Stop being a carebare..man this game has loads of them... spawn and run..its not that hard

Cheating is re doing your char and putting them in a box so you can keep it..killing people in a MMO isnt.. fool

jumpshot
02-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Throwing words like cheating around for everything you don't like really makes them meaningless.

Not saying camping the spawn is nice or that I do it, but this is ridiculous.

Z_E_N
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Logged in for the very first time and got killed by a pair of players within seconds :(.

Doesn't seem to be working...

Destroyer
I agree..

Stupid OP

Destroyer
If the devs prefer people to keep making chars for tools or have people die for them?

I think the dying option is legal

Foreseer
02-24-2011, 11:30 PM

You're safe so long as you do not move immediately after have log'd in.
So IMO; Yes it's working as intended.

Arcturus
02-25-2011, 12:01 AM
It sucks to be killed when you first log in but to say its cheating is laughable.

Nephilim
02-25-2011, 12:02 AM
NO i have STOOD still after spawning and had a friend kill me and i remember lol on vent telling him he cant hurt me right as i fell over DEAD. spawns have NO buffer of safety as posted on the 16 of Feb Xsyon Updates! and with the game still not live/head-start what ever and asshats ganking newbs for tools; what do u do for that? reroll is all u can do. hopefully u dont need/want the recipes u have on that char and have to keep re-rolling to get another good set to start with.

and cheating is normaly defined as taking the short road or quick path. make ur own char and run the tools back and forth urself u lazy shit. not everyone has the fortitude of will to keep re-rolling till they get what they want on recipes AND not have someone take their tools from them.

BTW i have done that before wipes and i QUICKLY realized that i was above and beyond griefing and now i dont take tools at all. so yes i play both roads the TRUE pvper and the PVEer.

crap like this makes me want to say BOP starter tools so u ONLY have what u select till others can craft more. they will wear out over time anyway and the new tools wont be BOP but seeing so many asshats i think that is about the only fix for this shit.

Fahadius
02-25-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure cheating is the right word; however, exploiting does seem to fit. New characters are supposed to be protected as per patch notes, this is not working properly, people are exploiting a bug by attacking those that are supposed to be immune to pk. I know the way the OP put it wasn't elegant, but people who are killing freshly spawned characters are in the wrong.

shukes
02-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Being a carebear is a pvper who waits for the easiest kill possible, the one where people have just logged in and most the time are not even ready at the keyboard........these type of players should go to some other carebear pvp game. Lets make Xyson for just real pvpers :)

santoclawz
02-25-2011, 12:20 AM
i once got killed at the spawn about a minute after i spawned... then i learned hey when i remake a character get the hell outa dodge quick, have remade about 20 times since then and have not been caught since.... games and common sense are hard...

shukes
02-25-2011, 12:24 AM
i once got killed at the spawn about a minute after i spawned... then i learned hey when i remake a character get the hell outa dodge quick, have remade about 20 times since then and have not been caught since.... games and common sense are hard...

I have only been killed once in my whoe Xyson experience and that was nowhere near a spawn point. so i agree it's easy to get away. Doesnt alter the fact that we have cowardly carebear pvpers in the game though. you want a real challenge pvpers come look for me out in the wilds...ill gladly fight you and will be at my pc while your doing it...that is if you have the balls! dont expect you do to be honest :) you probably prefer to camp the spawn points hoping to find an unsuspecting easy kill haha! reminds me of Darkfall newbie areas.

this is not targeted at the real pvpers by the way. i know they prefer the challenge of a good fight.

galagah
02-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm not sure cheating is the right word; however, exploiting does seem to fit. New characters are supposed to be protected as per patch notes, this is not working properly, people are exploiting a bug by attacking those that are supposed to be immune to pk. I know the way the OP put it wasn't elegant, but people who are killing freshly spawned characters are in the wrong.

This .

Protection IS supposed to be at the spawn areas . The fact that it isn't working properly doesn't mean anyone has the right to camp it and kill those just spawning in , as that is just basically greifing / exploiting a bug imo .

ifireallymust
02-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Clearly it's the fault of the ones logging in, for not logging in with an army ready to protect them the second they're in game! :p

grimben
02-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Still not working.

raito
02-25-2011, 12:37 AM
i agree there are no spawn protect i got pk after log for the first time.

Vandali
02-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Harlequins acting tuff on the forums again, i remember them doing the same before darkfalls launch but failed, life really is an endless cycle. :cool:

Destroyer
02-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Not acting tough..we are a pvp clan that cant stand carebare whiney children like you.

vorg
02-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Exploiting game mechanics be it bugs or a lack of code/rule to inforce responsible play is cheating. That is what cheating is. Exploiting bugs, faults or loopholes for personal gain or pleasure.

Ven_Jance
02-25-2011, 01:18 AM
has anyone tried to place a totem in a starter area now?

Obviously any game mechanic, where a player who pays $40, knows noone and logs in for the first time and is killed in the first 30 secs and loses his stuff, is a gamebreaker and will ruin this game and it's rep right away. It would be nice to have a healthy population of people joining this game and not just a cesspool of lowest common denominator "PKers" who like to decide their version of fun is ruining it for others.

Honelith
02-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Fine, have your little safe haven, you're dead anyways.

esudar
02-25-2011, 02:25 AM
if natural selection wouldnt have been disabled we wouldnt have to deal with this thread.

what stops people from running away and trying to survive?
are you just standing still and letting the meanie slaughter you? :( :( :(

wtf

Fiku
02-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Pure PvP chars will have 90 streng, 90 agility, 90 forditude. they're faster and stronger as an normal Craft char, its easy to hunt them.

wolfmoonstrike
02-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Solution: How about a small timer of protection when you jump in for the first time. Something like 15m-30m enough for them to get oriented and moving. Maybe add some tips at the really long load time. IE "Run like hell" "Careful of who you trust." "W,A,S,D is movement" "Hold right mouse button to move camera or Q,E on keyboard" Stuff along those lines so newbies can hit the ground running and give them a starting chance.

Also while they are under protection they can't trade, store in baskets, ect. Your protection can't be dropped till the time runs out which would stop most people from remaking characters since they would have to wait awhile.

galagah
02-25-2011, 02:49 AM
i

As Fiku said , characters made for hunting are faster than someone created for crafting .

Not only that , some people don't have " fast " computers and quite often end up with their character stood ingame , while other things are still loading , this could result in them getting control of a nearly dead character . [not had it happen to myself , but its a possibility ].

But all this is neither here nor there , the game owner and designer has specifically said that " Starter " points would and SHOULD have a safe zone on them . This was put there not just to stop pk griefing , but also the idiots that were placing totems and terraforming the area to block characters leaving the starter area .

These so called " Harcore PvPers "( such a laughable term , as they would all run a mile at perma death ) , need to realise why 99.9% of games out there are geared more for PvE with PvP being optional . It quite simple really , us " Carebears " generate WAY more subscription fees than PvPers do. One of the oldest games still running realised that quite early on ..... UO .

While plenty of people enjoy PvP ,myself included , they do not enjoy pk griefing , which is basically what is happening at the starter areas atm .

Mims44
02-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Pure PvP chars will have 90 streng, 90 agility, 90 forditude. they're faster and stronger as an normal Craft char, its easy to hunt them.

Forditude... Not everyone has it.

lmao, seriously though. complaining about being killed no matter the circumstance is lame. Complain about the bug. The part of the game that is not working, or is being exploited. It's the difference between being a good beta tester and being the whiny brat no one ever invited over.

Oh, PS: Stop with the "PvP brings in more subs!" or "PvE brings in more subs". If you don't have a healthy balance of both your games not gonna last.

SotekOne
02-25-2011, 03:37 AM
NO i have STOOD still after spawning and had a friend kill me and i remember lol on vent telling him he cant hurt me right as i fell over DEAD. spawns have NO buffer of safety as posted on the 16 of Feb Xsyon Updates! and with the game still not live/head-start what ever and asshats ganking newbs for tools; what do u do for that? reroll is all u can do. hopefully u dont need/want the recipes u have on that char and have to keep re-rolling to get another good set to start with.

and cheating is normaly defined as taking the short road or quick path. make ur own char and run the tools back and forth urself u lazy shit. not everyone has the fortitude of will to keep re-rolling till they get what they want on recipes AND not have someone take their tools from them.

According to your definition, rerolling is cheating too.

Vandali
02-25-2011, 04:11 AM
Not acting tough..we are a pvp clan that cant stand carebare whiney children like you.

Hopefully your stick around in this game so you can come and steal my tools. ;)

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 04:29 AM

not it was not working a couple wipes ago, as i was killed myself in the spawn areas haven't tested it recently as am just waiting for final wipe myself.

bruisie159
02-25-2011, 04:33 AM

you probably bought the wrong game then.

esudar
02-25-2011, 05:17 AM
you probably bought the wrong game then.

yes the whiney children are really horrible :D

STAR_GOD
02-25-2011, 05:25 AM
well i dont even have to comment

BigCountry
02-25-2011, 05:34 AM
RUN FORREST!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q5YJq-A9L68/TG3OQYm1ImI/AAAAAAAAFes/SgqxB3fraio/s320/forrest-gump-1.jpg

Vandali
02-25-2011, 07:17 AM
yes the whiney children are really horrible :D

That's sig worthy coming from you Vodas! :p

baka77
02-25-2011, 07:40 AM
The spawn areas need to be made safe zones or the players will be griefed seconds after they log in.

Pk'ing players as they spawn in is NOT playing the game, It is NOT testing for bugs, IT IS GRIEFING and such players should be banned for it. What's more pk'ing players as they spawn in to get tools and equipment is also cheating. Not everyone creates char's optimized to fast and fight making it impossible to get away.

The taste of your salty tears is nourishment to the soul of griefers everywhere. Why indulge them with the forum rants they so crave????? LOL

Mystais
02-25-2011, 07:51 AM
I have two accounts and two pcs side by side. I know for a fact that a character that is logging in appears in game a few seconds before that player even has the game world rendered.

Not too much of a challenge killing a character that that is not even fully logged in.

Nephilim
02-25-2011, 08:19 AM
According to your definition, rerolling is cheating too.

how is FIXING the situation of being raped cheating? i didnt have a random chance to NOT start with tools. its not like a DnD char were i dont like my roll and reroll! this is more under having made the perfect char u get in game and the dungeon master throws me into a pit or puts some janky curse on me. nothing u can do about it.

Chavoda
02-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Save spaws work, Tested it when I saw this tread, trick is not to move at all when in the game (new char) and nobody can hunt you.
as soon you move by just a step your no longer save.

Personally I would sugest making the spaw spot a spaw area were new players can move a little. (homestead size) its the first thing they are going to try..moving.

people looking for east pray will always be around be it next to the spaw spot or just beyond a save zone border.

Ikisis
02-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Stop being a carebare..man this game has loads of them... spawn and run..its not that hard

Cheating is re doing your char and putting them in a box so you can keep it..killing people in a MMO isnt.. fool

I agree with you 150%.

Killing people isnt cheating but rerolling a toon for every tool is.

Mystais
02-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree with you 150%.

Killing people isnt cheating but rerolling a toon for every tool is.

Then maybe they are rerolling just to get the tools you just looted off their previous character.

OR

You could just shadow them and let them fill that hidden tool container and then take the container with all the tools.

MrKrueak
02-25-2011, 09:05 AM
You could just shadow them and let them fill that hidden tool container and then take the container with all the tools.

won't work if they are smart and said container is in tribal or homestead area.

Deacon
02-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Jesus Christ...is reading comprehension totally being forgot to be taught in schools nowdays?

WTF dont you people understand about the following bolded part of statement.

Lucinda
02-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Logged in for the very first time and got killed by a pair of players within seconds :(.

Doesn't seem to be working...

That happened to me earlier as well - my very first login during a time where the server was not constantly resetting, so I could finally get to explore and figure out how things work. And then I get ambushed and wiped out before I had even taken my first step hehe.

Oh well, at least I got to experience what being killed was like. Though if it becomes a trend I can see how that can be pretty destructive to the gameplay since you have essential tools stolen right from the start.

Larsa
02-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Honestly, whether the spawn point is safe or not doesn't really matter that much. If the spot is safe the gankers will just camp the border to where it's no longer safe. Makes little difference. Much more practical is a 30 minutes period during which a new character cannot be attacked and cannot attack himself.

Anyway, there is no way to stop gankers from what they love to do: ganking. Either your game mechanic allows (or even encourages) ganking like it is now or your game mechanic disallows (or serious punishes) ganking. You can't have both.

We will have lots of gankers in this game until there's a serious death penalty for dying while red, including permanent skill/stat and/or recipe loss.

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Did it ever occur to anyone to either:

1: Notice a ganker is waiting for you to move, send msg to global for assistance

2: Spawn in a diffrent location

3: Accept defeat, loot new tools from another new player

Sad to see so many intelligent people unable to adapt to a risk filled mmo.

Mims44
02-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Did it ever occur to anyone to either:

1: Notice a ganker is waiting for you to move, send msg to global for assistance

2: Spawn in a diffrent location

3: Accept defeat, loot new tools from another new player

Sad to see so many intelligent people unable to adapt to a risk filled mmo.

That post is so lacking in thought it makes me think it's a troll attempt... but anyways.
This game is not like others, especially at the point its at now. Theres no "well crap, lost my stuff, lets go beat on easy mobs till I can get xxx amount of money or loot to replace"
There is basically nothing to do but craft, if you die upon entering the world and lose your tools then you now have exactly 0% worth in the game world. No ones going to trade for nothing. and theres no way to find the tools other than another player corpse.

The best way to handle it would be to make all the crappy starter gear no drop, of course for that to work great you will need the items to deteriorate like they are supposed to. Safe zones for noobs are stupid. It's been said before, no matter how large the safe zone is, gankers will just wait right outside it for kills. Let them gank as soon as people drop in the world if they want, as long as you keep crappy starter items.

And ya, if you read my other posts this might seem a little hypocritical, I am usually all for the harsher game enviroment. But taking away a chars ability to do 90% of available tasks in the first 3 seconds of life is a little over the edge.

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 10:21 AM
That post is so lacking in thought it makes me think it's a troll attempt... but anyways.
This game is not like others, especially at the point its at now. Theres no "well crap, lost my stuff, lets go beat on easy mobs till I can get xxx amount of money or loot to replace"
There is basically nothing to do but craft, if you die upon entering the world and lose your tools then you now have exactly 0% worth in the game world. No ones going to trade for nothing. and theres no way to find the tools other than another player corpse.

The best way to handle it would be to make all the crappy starter gear no drop, of course for that to work great you will need the items to deteriorate like they are supposed to. Safe zones for noobs are stupid. It's been said before, no matter how large the safe zone is, gankers will just wait right outside it for kills. Let them gank as soon as people drop in the world if they want, as long as you keep crappy starter items.

And ya, if you read my other posts this might seem a little hypocritical, I am usually all for the harsher game enviroment. But taking away a chars ability to do 90% of available tasks in the first 3 seconds of life is a little over the edge.

No, soulbound equipment is for themeparks not sandboxes, i would even suggest making preorder weapons lootable. Why is everyones soultion to issues to take what other game do and think it will fit here?

You have to understand, i dont know your a new player who just logged in....how the hell am i suppose to know that? Im not familair with every new player spawn point. All i see is a player standing there, then running around. I dont know that the player i just killed was new, and that i am in fact at a new player spawn point. Sure people will gief here since theres not a lot of people around for a combat character to progress on. give the noobs an hour of protection. Heaven forbid you went the sandbox route and camped a noob spawn yourself to protect them...that would be crazy...

Give them an hour of protection...mark them with a little white ball over their head, whatever, there is currently no way to distinguish who has just logged on for the first time and who is an afker full of loot.

And thanks for the insults, if doing something about the situation yourself is lacking in thought...i have the perfect game for you http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ enjoy.

Nemikal
02-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Camping new player spawn points?

Lame.

This game has a hard enough learning curve as it is without being bludgeoned by some "Hardcore" PVPer whose interpretation of a sandbox game is attacking new characters as soon as they spawn in the world.

And no, I won't go back to WOW/EQ/WAR/[insert "carebear" game here].

orious13
02-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Well.. at the moment the game allows you to do it it's not "cheating".

What it IS, however, is griefing. It's never cool to spawn kill people no matter what the reason. You just can't justify it. The more you justify it the less credibility you have. Killing in general is fair game, but spawn killing is a griefing attempt.

Mims44
02-25-2011, 10:29 AM
No, soulbound equipment is for themeparks not sandboxes, i would even suggest making preorder weapons lootable. Why is everyones soultion to issues to take what other game do and think it will fit here?

You have to understand, i dont know your a new player who just logged in....how the hell am i suppose to know that? Im not familair with every new player spawn point. All i see is a player standing there, then running around. I dont know that the player i just killed was new, and that i am in fact at a new player spawn point. Sure people will gief here since theres not a lot of people around for a combat character to progress on. give the noobs an hour of protection. Heaven forbid you went the sandbox route and camped a noob spawn yourself to protect them...that would be crazy...

Give them an hour of protection...mark them with a little white ball over their head, whatever, there is currently no way to distinguish who has just logged on for the first time and who is an afker full of loot.

And thanks for the insults, if doing something about the situation yourself is lacking in thought...i have the perfect game for you http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ enjoy.

You know how to make a link, thats cute.

By the way, I like how your stance seems to have changed from 2nd to last post to that last one;)

Your a smart one, Mr. Grinch lol

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Camping new player spawn points?

Lame.

This game has a hard enough learning curve as it is without being bludgeoned by some "Hardcore" PVPer whose interpretation of a sandbox game is attacking new characters as soon as they spawn in the world.

And no, I won't go back to WOW/EQ/WAR/[insert "carebear" game here].

If its so lame, and you dislike it so much, then do something about it. Would you drop what you were doing to assist a new player who said in chat that a griefer was camping the spot? Probably not.... And thats assuming the newplayer has enough brains to alert the community.

There are no hardcore pvpers in the game, its just other new players who are ganking... they too go down in 3 shots just like the new player.

vorg
02-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Some of you may not like being called cheaters for exploiting a problem. There have been a number of post here about this problem. It has been reported a number of times in game. The players know it's a problem and the "game guides" know it's a problem, yet it continues.

Face, my post subject got the attention of Xsyon, so that now the problem will be addressed.

Exploiting something that is not intended IS cheating. "Just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should".

Bruise187
02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Dont really see how this is griefing if they are gathering the tools that they need to make other stuff with. This how I plan to get all my tools that I cant make at the start of the game. killing everyone and all that I see and can anywhere that is possible. If it was a big deal the devs would fix it quick as possible to dry up all the tears we see on here.

jwcolo
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Really what it comes down to is slaughtering new players as they log on will kill the game, whether you think they are spoiled brats or no a lot of people if their first taste of a game is to be chained killed by some tool with an inferiority complex will just go off to another game, and while you may say this is a good thing it leads to a dead game sooner rather than later.

So go forth and kill rape and pillage away from the brand new folks, targeting them only kills the game and if your here reading this surely you can understand why that is a bad thing. Right or wrong does not come into it, what matters is if this continues the game will lose a lot of new people which will shorten the life of this game.

P.S. for the grammar police I am sorry for typos etc, I am at work and had to type this in quickly.

otomotopia
02-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Some of you may not like being called cheaters for exploiting a problem. There have been a number of post here about this problem. It has been reported a number of times in game. The players know it's a problem and the "game guides" know it's a problem, yet it continues.

Face, my post subject got the attention of Xsyon, so that now the problem will be addressed.

Exploiting something that is not intended IS cheating. "Just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should".
It's not cheating. It's an issue that's being dealt with. The mechanic works, it just needs to work better. It's not working as you think it should.

Also, temporary safezone is +1 for me. Calling this cheating -1.

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 11:57 AM
give new players a permission locked SMALL basket to safely store items upon logging in and give them 30min-1hr of noob protection. Problem solved, everyones happy.

jwcolo
02-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah I think about an hour would work, just something so they can get their feet under them and not start out being put off the game within the first 5 minutes of play.

Yokilla
02-25-2011, 12:01 PM
...you now have exactly 0% worth in the game world. No ones going to trade for nothing. and theres no way to find the tools other than another player corpse....

nonono. You can trade for labor: "Get me 192 grass for the saw you want, naked dude." And you can, with enough effort, scav a jp for tools.

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah I think about an hour would work, just something so they can get their feet under them and not start out being put off the game within the first 5 minutes of play.

also perhaps some form of over the head indicator that this player has just logged on for the first time and is under said protection. that way helpful players know who needs help and gankers know to look fo other easy targets.

jwcolo
02-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Normally I must admit I am pretty much on the other end of every post I have seen you have fflhktsn but yeah it makes sense and am glad to see a pvper ( you) and a mainly crafter (me) can have a decent discussion with out regressing to what alot of these posts have done and basicly saying your wrong, no your wrong etc, The indicator maybe should only be for brand new account people not a person who is just making new toon 457 as by then you should have a better idea of what you need to do etc , but I guess thats a rough thing to balance.

baka77
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
My word, this has gotten quite blown out of proportion. I was the one who killed Vorg when he started moaning in global chat (and then apparently ended up here on the forums). I made a new character & loaded in. He was already standing there when my screen loaded, mulling about. I desired more tools & the opportunity was ripe. Taking his shit was certainly lower hanging fruit than re-rolling 5 times & more fun, to boot. He was there before I was, so this was not a case of somebody spawn camping anyone. I killed him once, took his gear, & was on my merry way. I got a new hammer & he got a valuable lesson about post-apocalyptic self-preservation. There was absolutely no cheating or griefing involved. The same thing happened to me when I first logged into this game last week. Did I bitch about it? No, I learned & adapted. It saddens me when games (ESPECIALLY sandbox games) must protect people from their own idiocy.

blackzilla
02-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Luckily my PC is awesome enough that I don't get load killed. I load in someone was beating on me I swing back and they die, I looted there stuff and moved along. Don't here them writing home about that one...

vorg
02-25-2011, 04:15 PM
When I logged in, I was trying to see if a friend of mine was also in as I thought he was also getting on. I was not there that long. I berly had time to get the wisper message off when I started getting hit. And to those who say run off, I tried, but I am not a pk'er and did not create a pker char. So even on sprint I could not get away. I then logged out and haven't been back in since. So if there was a char named Vorg in game, it wasn't me.

And this isn't the first time it has happend. I have been jumped a couple times on login and a friend was jumped shortly after login

Tom316
02-25-2011, 04:23 PM
How do you know he hadnt just logged in or wasnt still in the process of loading in.

As far as the attacking people at the spawn point. I dont care if they just loaded in or was standing there waiting for someone. The spawn area and should be 30 meters around it should be a safe area. I dont give a crap if its a sandbox game or not. What happened if it was someone that had just started the game and didnt even know how to move around? Or didnt know what the attack button was? Or any number of other things.

Just because there is the pvp option doesnt mean you should drive all the new people just starting the game off by killing them as the first thing the see of the game.

The good news is that its just a bug allowing people to pvp at the spawn point and that it IS being fixed and looked at.

I could give to shades of what you guys think should or shouldnt be allowed in a game that offers pvp as an option. But attacking people at the spawn point is cheap and really shows how low some people go. I have been attacked countless times at the spawn point WHILE I was still loading into the game. Lucky, I have a low enough ping and have been around long enough to know how to kill most of the pvpers that stoop to such a level. But to expect someone just starting the game to know how to go in and out of combat and to instantly know what is going on is just stupid and poor.

So I am glad its being fixed. As far as you guys going lean and adapt. Your the reasion real pvp has a bad name and reputation with it. Learn some real skill and dont go around killing noobs because thats all you can kill.

Palazious
02-25-2011, 07:00 PM
How do you know he hadnt just logged in or wasnt still in the process of loading in.

As far as the attacking people at the spawn point. I dont care if they just loaded in or was standing there waiting for someone. The spawn area and should be 30 meters around it should be a safe area. I dont give a crap if its a sandbox game or not. What happened if it was someone that had just started the game and didnt even know how to move around? Or didnt know what the attack button was? Or any number of other things.

Just because there is the pvp option doesnt mean you should drive all the new people just starting the game off by killing them as the first thing the see of the game.

The good news is that its just a bug allowing people to pvp at the spawn point and that it IS being fixed and looked at.

I could give to shades of what you guys think should or shouldnt be allowed in a game that offers pvp as an option. But attacking people at the spawn point is cheap and really shows how low some people go. I have been attacked countless times at the spawn point WHILE I was still loading into the game. Lucky, I have a low enough ping and have been around long enough to know how to kill most of the pvpers that stoop to such a level. But to expect someone just starting the game to know how to go in and out of combat and to instantly know what is going on is just stupid and poor.

So I am glad its being fixed. As far as you guys going lean and adapt. Your the reasion real pvp has a bad name and reputation with it. Learn some real skill and dont go around killing noobs because thats all you can kill.

This!

I can't believe people who gank folks while they are logging in call themselves pvp'rs. Pvp'rs are out pvp'n, they are not busy ensuring that Xyson becomes another desolate open pvp mmo that noone plays due to the kiddies.

I suppose this is where the developers need to decide whether they are going to make a good sandbox MMO or just provide another FFA arena until the next show comes to town.

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 07:02 PM
My word, this has gotten quite blown out of proportion. I was the one who killed Vorg when he started moaning in global chat (and then apparently ended up here on the forums). I made a new character & loaded in. He was already standing there when my screen loaded, mulling about. I desired more tools & the opportunity was ripe. Taking his shit was certainly lower hanging fruit than re-rolling 5 times & more fun, to boot. He was there before I was, so this was not a case of somebody spawn camping anyone. I killed him once, took his gear, & was on my merry way. I got a new hammer & he got a valuable lesson about post-apocalyptic self-preservation. There was absolutely no cheating or griefing involved. The same thing happened to me when I first logged into this game last week. Did I bitch about it? No, I learned & adapted. It saddens me when games (ESPECIALLY sandbox games) must protect people from their own idiocy.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DaAzub
02-25-2011, 07:10 PM

Stupid Care Bear

Dontaze_Mebro
02-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Safe zone was not functioning last time game was running. I "borrowed" a set of tools from a new player, and I don't think he was finished loading into the game even. He had no chance to run, or even know what happened to him really since there are no combat messages. I assume when his game finally loaded he was a ghost. This really needs to be fixed at least make someone invulnerable until the game finishes loading.

orious13
02-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Safe zone was not functioning last time game was running. I "borrowed" a set of tools from a new player, and I don't think he was finished loading into the game even. He had no chance to run, or even know what happened to him really since there are no combat messages. I assume when his game finally loaded he was a ghost. This really needs to be fixed at least make someone invulnerable until the game finishes loading.

Thank you! A PvPer that doesn't just instantly sprout carebear everywhere.

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 07:38 PM

figured id point this out again on the new page...it wasnt griefing and it wasnt an issue.

however i wouldnt complain about a short noob protection to factor in any lag or well...difficulties learning