PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk Stats

santoclawz
02-24-2011, 11:59 PM
from my somewhat limited testing so far the only stats worth a damn at the moment are agi and fort, both show dramatic changes in the way your character is able to preform physically.

I have tried maxing out int perc and dex and saw absolutely no difference in my characters ability to scavenge fish or forage over someone with 40-50 in the same stats. i have not tested with actually crafting anything yet so i will try to test that a bit but at the moment you would be a fool to not max out agi and fort in the games current state.

Agi and fort are going to let you runn faster and longer than people who dont have those skills max, and the difference is massive. i encourage people to test stats and find results and share so we can get a better understanding on the characters we make.

jumpshot
02-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I had been for a long time, but I wouldn't overlook charm in your testing.

ifireallymust
02-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Please let us know how the crafting part of your testing goes!

Rocky
02-25-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm really interested in the stats on things in game.
I hope when release comes out we get some more info on what weapons / armour stats are :)

jokhul
02-25-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm really interested in the stats on things in game.
I hope when release comes out we get some more info on what weapons / armour stats are :)

Most likely you'll have to figure out armour and weapon stats by yourself. Item stats are not displayed on purpose, not because they "just haven't been added yet".

Honelith
02-25-2011, 03:04 AM

Armor

Xsyon is not a gear based game. A wide range of armor parts are available and the player selects armor based on play style and appearance more than how stats are affected.

Part based armor system. All parts can be crafted and customized.
Layered armor system for many possible combinations.
Armor bulk and material affects player comfort, speed and actions.
Variable armor quality and durability for the same armor type.
Armor parts can be enhanced based on materials used.
Weapon types versus armor types.
Colored materials can be used to create thousands of different looks.

Makes sense though. :)

santoclawz
02-25-2011, 04:11 AM
so back on topic any one have any decent testing done with player stats noticed any reliable difference when creating characters to test stats?

jokhul
02-25-2011, 04:11 AM
Armor

Xsyon is not a gear based game. A wide range of armor parts are available and the player selects armor based on play style and appearance more than how stats are affected.

Part based armor system. All parts can be crafted and customized.
Layered armor system for many possible combinations.
Armor bulk and material affects player comfort, speed and actions.
Variable armor quality and durability for the same armor type.
Armor parts can be enhanced based on materials used.
Weapon types versus armor types.
Colored materials can be used to create thousands of different looks.

Makes sense though. :)

It's "not a gear-based game", yet the list of features for armour is extensive.

So, does that mean that armour will have very little effect on any of the things in that list ?

Will average cloth armour be 5% less mitigation than top-of-the-line bone and leather armour ? Or 10% ? Or 30% ?

If armour has a minor effect on the outcome of a fight, then crafting complex armour will be a waste of time. It will just be a vanity item.

But if armour has a significant effect on the outcome of a fight, doesn't that begin to lean toward a "gear-based" game ?

Rudder
02-25-2011, 07:00 AM
I seem to have problems getting new recipes with 30 Perception and 90 Int BUT I scavenge far better.

BigCountry
02-25-2011, 07:14 AM
It's "not a gear-based game", yet the list of features for armour is extensive.

So, does that mean that armour will have very little effect on any of the things in that list ?

Will average cloth armour be 5% less mitigation than top-of-the-line bone and leather armour ? Or 10% ? Or 30% ?

If armour has a minor effect on the outcome of a fight, then crafting complex armour will be a waste of time. It will just be a vanity item.

But if armour has a significant effect on the outcome of a fight, doesn't that begin to lean toward a "gear-based" game ?

This is horrible news for crafters then. So are you guys telling me everything in game atm is only craftable for "vanity" purposes? What is the point in that??

bruisie159
02-25-2011, 07:17 AM
This is horrible news for crafters then. So are you guys telling me everything in game atm is only craftable for "vanity" purposes? What is the point in that??

The rest is coming soon...

Rudder
02-25-2011, 07:17 AM
There are no armour stats so you can run nekked if you like.

jokhul
02-25-2011, 07:44 AM

The difference between "There are no armour stats" and "There are no displayed armour stats" is subtle but fairly important :D

Furyk
02-25-2011, 09:22 AM

yes please do run naked. it will prove 2 things.

1. you odnt have a clue how the system for armor really works.
2. you are too much of a carebear to ever risk losing anything you might have to another player.

running around naked and using unarmed is just pathetic. if every player did it, pvp would die.

Furyk
02-25-2011, 09:22 AM

BigCountry
02-25-2011, 09:37 AM
yes please do run naked. it will prove 2 things.

1. you odnt have a clue how the system for armor really works.
2. you are too much of a carebear to ever risk losing anything you might have to another player.

running around naked and using unarmed is just pathetic. if every player did it, pvp would die.

Yeah man I think that's why we are asking. No one seems to know. If there are indeed no stat/modifiers implemented at the moment (on crafted weapons and armor), everyone will be naked. Why else would you not be?

Dubanka
02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
we ahven't got around to testing armor yet...pretty simple test.

Test 1. nekkid Test subject gets beaten to death. How many hits did it take?
Test 2. grass wearing test subject gets beaten to death. how many hits?
Test 3. Cloth...beat him to deahth, count the hits.
test 4. leather...beat to death, count hits.

of course you'd need to do each test at least 3-5 times to make sure you have a decent sampling pool.

Hypothesis is that it takes more hits to kill someone as they wear better armor.

obviously if they all die in the same number of hits, houston, we have a problem.

...but again, haven't had time to actually run the tests.

JCatano
02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I've sort of tested it armor. Didn't really see any difference. Also, a tribe member of mine runs around without gear and PKs "armored" people all of the time. I foresee lots of ungeared characters in Xsyon, unless something changes.

We need some visuals, since you all say they have stats, anyway. They also need to give noticeable advantages. If not, the crafting sector and overall economy metagame is in for a crappy surprise with regard to gameplay.

orious13
02-25-2011, 01:14 PM
I think armor stats will work when weapon stats work...

Virtus said once that some armor will be resistant to piercing ect. Stuff like that.

So maybe simply because weapon stats don't work, armor doesn't differentiate between them.

ifireallymust
02-25-2011, 01:16 PM

Baskets, fishing poles, masonry, carpentry, and fortifications, and of course, tool crafting are still there, but yeah, hopefully as things progress from junk piles to who knows (blacksmithing, forging, mining, animal husbandry, farming) what we wear will also have more value.

Side note: I thought I read somewhere that armor made of grass helped you hide better?

BigCountry
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Hiding is way too OP btw. And I am a PK. So if I tell you that, that's bad.
lol

We had few guys take it to 70+ or so and they were completely invisible.
lol

ifireallymust
02-25-2011, 01:37 PM
lol

lol

Not bad, good. I take hiding as one of my skills and suffer with scavanging being low at first because it's a way to avoid getting killed by you guys!

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 01:38 PM
lol

lol

nothing i hate more than being invisible in a wide open field. i like the temporary *poof* types of stealth, in order to line up an attack from behind, however that would require combat mechanics not in game.

I find that coloring myself "junk pile" color works just as well, doesnt drain my energy, and well, this games full of carebears that seem to /w insults rather than hiting C and fighting back..so these advantages are kind of moot atm... hell most people dont even bother running, they just stand ther and take it.

Chavoda
02-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Weapons have stats. as have tools. they modify the energy use for sure and probaly also the damage. it depents on the quality of the items.
unarmed is currently broken as said by virtus.

some things might not work yet but then not many of us have high quality gear thus the chance might not be so note able. its known now that tools (special weapons selections) use less energy. I would recommend someone to test a basic scrapers axe damage on someone and a special head start weapon axe on someone.

Unsure about armor, nobody had high skill made armor yet in resent times so cant test that really.

Vicid
02-25-2011, 01:50 PM
lol

lol

I was hiding in stealth around camp for a while and I didn't see the skill improve. Does it only go up around animals/non tribe members?

ifireallymust
02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I was hiding in stealth around camp for a while and I didn't see the skill improve. Does it only go up around animals/non tribe members?

I don't know for sure, but that sounds logical.

Shukano
03-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Didn't do extensive testing with different armors, but I tested damage with leather armor and saw a distinct difference in damage mitigation when I was wearing it, compared to when I was not. With these damn OP preorder weapons though you still die fast lol....

Atmos
03-03-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't know for sure, but that sounds logical.

Hiding goes up with the amount of times you have activated the skill. You do not need to move to level it up. Just mash the hide button for a couple hours. It takes about 10-15minutes of mashing hide consistently to get a skill point. Have gone from 5 to 55 in a couple of days without the need to move except for water and food.

Kinslayer
03-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Wow. Way to hijack a thread guys. Everyone here has spoken about everything but the topic of the thread. Mods?

As for OP...
Check the game manual, it details the use of each character stat. An example is, if you start with higher dexterity and Basketry, you will get more Basketry recipes at the start, and learn new recipes faster. If you have very low Dex and Basketry, you will start with less recipes, and you will learn new recipes much slower.

Experimenting is always best, of course, in my experience, you really need to make one stat suffer to have good stats in everything else.

Aramanu
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Hiding is also currently negated if you turn shadows on high/advanced.