PDA

View Full Version : bit of info before i pre order please

gadwin
02-25-2011, 12:30 PM
I would like to know a few things about the game before I pre order it

1 are there a set amount of skills you can learn I hate when sand box game limit you to a set amount you can learn like mortal online did

2 how hard is it to be a solo player is there limits to what a solo play can accomplish alone I am a hermit at heart and love to be the lone player deep in the forest/mountain hunting and trading villages rather then being a part of them

3 I know there are animals in the game but just what can you do after you kill them can you butcher them skins them use their hides meats bones to craft ?

4 what type of object can you craft is it limited to houses and walls and tools or can you make boats for the river and go fish in a lake with the boat can you make a cart to haul more then 1 log at a time when cutting trees

5 is there a night/day/weather system is there snow rain lightning storms?

6 just what type of animals are in the game horses cows pigs wolfs boars bears is there a mount travel system or are you forced to walk around a big world on your own 2 feet

7 is there a hunger or thirst system in the game can I starve to death

8 how do you protect your stuff when your offline whats the system they have in place to stop people from running off with your stuff

9 whats the death system like do you lose all your items do you lose skills?

10 would you suggest this game to anyone you know is it worth it?
After waiting for dark fall and being let down after waiting for mortal online and being let down I have been looking for a decent sand box mmo for around 5-6 years and really don’t want to waste money anymore

After watching the few decent info videos on you tube this game looks like what I have been waiting for a 3d haven and hearth mmo but the you tube videos just have to little info on the game so I thought I would ask here before I am let down yet again

kadearun
02-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Okay forgive me here as i am not good at answering questions... Just never have been but ill give what i know

1. There is a soft cap

2. Solo player will require trading with people in order to get tools if you don't start out as Tool Craft

3. You can skin, decapitate, and take bones... Might be missing options. Butchering is not implemented yet.

4. There are no boats, carts, or any thing as of yet. He plans on implementing training and the ability to mount some of the animals you train.

5. There is a Weather System.

6. Bears, Coyotes, Deer and Raccoons - More are to be implemented.

7. You have a hunger and thirst system yes, You can't starve to death... Yet...

8. Tribal zones can't be looted unless in the tribe, This might change later on after prelude!

9. He has ghosts right now and spawn after 30 or so seconds, But later it will return you to your tribal area (Not for sure if alignment plays a part in this)

10. I would suggest this as it seems like a change to many of the MMO's i have played!
But be sure to read for more! :)

Edit: Because i forgot to mention I'm not sure if all that is up to date and accurate info it was just a quick reply of what i know was going on and what i have seen written!

Chavoda
02-25-2011, 12:50 PM
I would like to know a few things about the game before I pre order it

1 are there a set amount of skills you can learn I hate when sand box game limit you to a set amount you can learn like mortal online did

yes there is a soft cap. you can learn anything you like but you have to maintain skills, else they decay. this means that you simply wont be able to master it all as it would require you to be online 120hours a week.

2 how hard is it to be a solo player is there limits to what a solo play can accomplish alone I am a hermit at heart and love to be the lone player deep in the forest/mountain hunting and trading villages rather then being a part of them

Right now in prelude its easy providing you find some friends to trade whit ( nearby tribe or someone) as said above you can do it all alone to some extend but it will take you much longer. you are able to claim a solo land spot for yourself and build on it .

3 I know there are animals in the game but just what can you do after you kill them can you butcher them skins them use their hides meats bones to craft ?

YEs atm just 4, but at launch 21 animals. you can kill them, right click if you have a knife and skin them, skin hide, several bone types, take of the head and use it to craft a hat. take of the paw and use it to make boots. , currently cooking aint in so meat aint use able but it will be at some point. ( to get food you fish or forage currently)

4 what type of object can you craft is it limited to houses and walls and tools or can you make boats for the river and go fish in a lake with the boat can you make a cart to haul more then 1 log at a time when cutting trees

Hours/tents walls , other items will be in game ( or perhaps if it aint by the time your a grandmaster crafter you can aask a dev to put it in ;) ) , no carts no boats as of yet.

5 is there a night/day/weather system is there snow rain lightning storms?
there is a full season system in game, a season takes 2 / 2and a half week , in the winter everything is covered in snow. in the summer everything is nice and bright. it rains , snows . haven't seen lighting or hail.

6 just what type of animals are in the game horses cows pigs wolfs boars bears is there a mount travel system or are you forced to walk around a big world on your own 2 feet
At its walking on your own feet, there will eb mounts in game at a later point. current only 4 animals but more whit offical launch.
currently: coyote,beer,deer,racoon.

7 is there a hunger or thirst system in the game can I starve to death
Yes and no, there is a hunger / thirst meter. when ti lowers you start to use more energy whit every action. your crafts will fail more. regen is lower. you will not die of hunger tho.

8 how do you protect your stuff when your offline whats the system they have in place to stop people from running off with your stuff

At least for prelude (first 6-9 months) tribal / homestead land will be save, anything in containers cant be taken. how they handle it after that is unknown

9 whats the death system like do you lose all your items do you lose skills?
If you are killed a other player can fully loot you.
30 sec you stay on spot (ghost) then you can resurrect. good and neutral players resurrect on the spot whit low health ( -+50%) evil player ( pk's ) are teleported back to their totem (land)

10 would you suggest this game to anyone you know is it worth it?

Yes, I would and already have. its a idy game, and nobody can be sure how it will end up. however the devs work hard and fast, they talk whit us (when not at work :P) they listen, if big consearns arise they look at it, and tell us how things or or dont work.
comapred to MO and DF this dev team is way way better in communication. again tho.. Indy games always will be a bit buggy, specialy games like this. its also not a game you do everything in within a week.

After waiting for dark fall and being let down after waiting for mortal online and being let down I have been looking for a decent sand box mmo for around 5-6 years and really don’t want to waste money anymore.

In time I think this could become the best sandbox ever surpassing UO SWG and all the resent fail mmo's . kinda depents if Jordi (dev) stays true to his dream or if he gives in to the complains. (as usual this game forum is also full of PvP and anti-pvp complainers)

After watching the few decent info videos on you tube this game looks like what I have been waiting for a 3d haven and hearth mmo but the you tube videos just have to little info on the game so I thought I would ask here before I am let down yet again

gadwin
02-25-2011, 01:09 PM
thanks for all the info ordering now