PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Accounts

Dontaze_Mebro
02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Do you have multiple accounts? If so why?

JCatano
02-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I may buy an extra or 3.

Because I like it.

Lucinda
02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
I do not see myself buying any more than the one I have now. Knowing myself I couldn't even be bothered managing two accounts if I had them.

Though I can see the vailidity in doing it if you can be bothered.

KeithStone
02-25-2011, 05:48 PM
My main will be an architect and terraforming, my other will be purely combat focused.

Arcturus
02-25-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm considering a second account.

Chavoda
02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Na, will be alot of work to maintain one character (if you try to do alot) I guess if you wish a crafter whit small focus and craft stats and one comabt guy whit combat stats it should be doable to maintain them.

tilla
02-25-2011, 06:50 PM
I've seen a few people doing multi-accounting, more power to them if they can manage to grind and maintain two toons. It also gives NG some more money which helps us all in the end.

Mystais
02-25-2011, 07:37 PM
I've seen a few people doing multi-accounting, more power to them if they can manage to grind and maintain two toons. It also gives NG some more money which helps us all in the end.

Agree on both counts. I have two accounts, one for a crafter and one for a warrior. Let's me experience both sides of the game and better help where needed by my tribe. ex. If the tribe is being attacked, my crafter would feel kinda useless... log on the warrior and defend.

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 07:40 PM
i suppose a popular route will be to have one character in your "vulnerable for war" tribe, and another for a safe zone small tribe, so that you can abuse it in favor of your large tribe.

tilla
02-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Hmm that might be something to address. Perhaps it needs to be analyzed further - restrictions on conflicting interests. Not very sandboxxy but this is definitely exploitable.

edit: oh god *random series of consonants* we're starting to agree more. I ..I need to shower.

fflhktsn
02-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Hmm that might be something to address. Perhaps it needs to be analyzed further - restrictions on conflicting interests. Not very sandboxxy but this is definitely exploitable.

edit: oh god *random series of consonants* we're starting to agree more. I ..I need to shower.

i agree...its not sandox in any way to allow a segment of the community to bypass the game.

and im still interested in those "ponies"

JCatano
02-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Agree on both counts. I have two accounts, one for a crafter and one for a warrior. Let's me experience both sides of the game and better help where needed by my tribe. ex. If the tribe is being attacked, my crafter would feel kinda useless... log on the warrior and defend.

There is a separate soft cap for each (combat and crafting). You probably won't need more than one account, unless decay can happen all the way back down to skill level 5.

I wish all skills would have been under the same soft cap, but... Oh well. As of now, it seems we'll all be able to be an elite crafter and elite combatant on one character, which I don't agree with.

Mystais
02-25-2011, 08:05 PM
There is a separate soft cap for each (combat and crafting). You probably won't need more than one account, unless decay can happen all the way back down to skill level 5.

I wish all skills would have been under the same soft cap, but... Oh well. As of now, it seems we'll all be able to be an elite crafter and elite combatant on one character, which I don't agree with.

Not for stats though.

JCatano
02-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Not for stats though.

We have to see how fast/slow they go.

dem1urge
02-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Yes. One for me and one for my wife.

dxwarlock
02-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Ive got one. might possibly get 2, one for me, and one for my son...all depends on how his report card is looking..haha

jumpshot
02-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Oh well. As of now, it seems we'll all be able to be an elite crafter and elite combatant on one character, which I don't agree with.

This seems like a win for everyone who doens't want to buy two accounts...

randomt
02-26-2011, 01:18 AM
I've been thinking about how it would be nice to be able to have an alt to play with a small homestead outside of any tribe I may join's territory, just for the fun of making a solo one.. I guess it would depend on how the game goes and how I take to it

jokhul
02-26-2011, 01:20 AM
A lot depends on how stat/skill decay will be implemented. I have heard quite a few different opinions on "how it will actually work", but nobody really knows at this point, it seems.

If the decay is fast, it will mean constantly "grinding" the skills/stats that you want to keep as your main focus on a character. That could become tiresome if you have more than 1 account.

It could also mean that having an alt account that is not used constantly will lose all it's stat/skill progression after a while.

A high-skilled crafter would have to make and destroy items, not because someone needs these items, but simply to maintain his skills, for instance.

Larsa
02-26-2011, 02:24 AM
Quite some people will have more than one account, it's the nature of the beast.

Competitive players will be using all means they have to get a competitive edge, amongst these means will be multi-accounting and multi-boxing. Personally I consider it as a from of cheating but of course I'm aware that it isn't cheating in the sense of violating the ToS.

We will see how it pans out: I assume there will be a lot of homesteads in the game that are placeholders for alt accounts. I also wouldn't be surprised to see tribes forming "alt-tribes" to cover more resources.

Ziggy
02-26-2011, 02:29 AM
I don't have one now, but I am considering it to have a pure crafter. I am waiting to see if it is something I truly want to do since it is $40 + 15 a month down the road. However, if Jooky keeps up the good work he can have his 30 bucks a month from me.

It may be giving an advantage to those players but they are contributing twice or triple the amount to the games profits and development while not using a proportionate amount of server resources (most aren't playing all their account at the same time).

So in ways they are beneficial to all. Obviously it can be exploited to some extent but I don't think most who have multiple account use it for nefarious reasons.

blackzilla
02-26-2011, 04:45 AM
Quite some people will have more than one account, it's the nature of the beast.

Competitive players will be using all means they have to get a competitive edge, amongst these means will be multi-accounting and multi-boxing. Personally I consider it as a from of cheating but of course I'm aware that it isn't cheating in the sense of violating the ToS.

We will see how it pans out: I assume there will be a lot of homesteads in the game that are placeholders for alt accounts. I also wouldn't be surprised to see tribes forming "alt-tribes" to cover more resources.

Narrow minded of ya' to think that multi-boxing is cheating...

JCatano
02-26-2011, 12:58 PM
A lot depends on how stat/skill decay will be implemented. I have heard quite a few different opinions on "how it will actually work", but nobody really knows at this point, it seems.

If the decay is fast, it will mean constantly "grinding" the skills/stats that you want to keep as your main focus on a character. That could become tiresome if you have more than 1 account.

It could also mean that having an alt account that is not used constantly will lose all it's stat/skill progression after a while.

A high-skilled crafter would have to make and destroy items, not because someone needs these items, but simply to maintain his skills, for instance.

Decay isn't going happen while you're offline.

Dirt
02-26-2011, 02:47 PM
I've got two accounts and my wife has one. Two run same time on mine. Super helpful for tools and recipes, also provided a tank.

esudar
03-17-2011, 10:26 AM
1 is enough. you have to live with what you got.

every body else is just the typical carebear and exploiter.

paying money to get an edge with your pvp alt over others? be ashamed

Delvie
03-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Won't get another account until new skills get released. I can see me wanting one character to be my explorer/scout type of character and another character to be my farmer or musician or something. It's more a role playing thing for me (even though I don't hardcore RP).

JesusTheAstronaut
03-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Multiple accounts diminish the entire idea behind Xsyon, imo. This game is unique in these sense that you're allowed one character, and that character is you. Obviously, you can't do everything, so this forces you to interact, steal, borrow, & barter. When you introduce multiple accounts and self-sufficiency, were playing Farmville with radiation.

Delvie
03-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Multiple accounts diminish the entire idea behind Xsyon, imo. This game is unique in these sense that you're allowed one character, and that character is you. Obviously, you can't do everything, so this forces you to interact, steal, borrow, & barter. When you introduce multiple accounts and self-sufficiency, were playing Farmville with radiation.

Xinnia (my character) is not me, there again I'm not really Delvie. Hmmm I wonder how many of us are really us.

jaqknife
03-17-2011, 12:14 PM

Then why did they make it so you can log in twice from the same box?

esudar
03-17-2011, 12:16 PM

why did they make it so there is unplayable lag every day at primetime?

Dirt
03-17-2011, 02:03 PM
i have a second account. i will go to church on sunday and repent. i also have 2 cars, 3 kids and 1 job. should i have only one plate in my cupboard because theres only one of me? twats. the only reason i can think of why someone would be buthurt cuz i have a second player is that they cant grief-kill my crafter without me trying to log my tank in and defend him. i also log my wifes account sometimes and craft a basket. suck eggs. sometimes, as you got on with life, you find yourself able to afford more things than you could when you were a whiny, know it all kid who expects things to be given to them. still only 3 in my homestead so please, how do i have some sort of advantage?
Esudar said " you have to live with what you got." i do, i live with the 2 accounts i got.

esudar
03-17-2011, 02:15 PM
that was a wall of crap and didnt really make sense at all :(

Dirt
03-17-2011, 02:25 PM
maybe ill try the anglican church. i'll ask for forgiveness but im keeping the accounts. i will also ask for forgiveness for previous wall of crap.

Sirius
03-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Multiple accounts is standard practice in MMOs and has been for years. To those acting like this is some sort of shock, you may wish to broaden your horizons. To MMO vets who are nevertheless complaining about this as if it's cheating, I can't say I understand where you're coming from (unless you take RP really really seriously, which I suppose I can understand).

Hultay
03-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Tbh in games like WoW and ish like that .. one account was more then enough.
I play eve .. and I got 2 accounts there .. simply couse one is good one thing and other in other.

jojotheduck
03-18-2011, 12:20 PM
I would like to be able to have a crafter and a pvp char, but on the same account. I wouldn't buy another account just to have another char.

Trak
03-31-2011, 03:03 AM
i have a second account. i will go to church on sunday and repent. i also have 2 cars, 3 kids and 1 job. should i have only one plate in my cupboard because theres only one of me? twats. the only reason i can think of why someone would be buthurt cuz i have a second player is that they cant grief-kill my crafter without me trying to log my tank in and defend him. i also log my wifes account sometimes and craft a basket. suck eggs. sometimes, as you got on with life, you find yourself able to afford more things than you could when you were a whiny, know it all kid who expects things to be given to them. still only 3 in my homestead so please, how do i have some sort of advantage?
Esudar said " you have to live with what you got." i do, i live with the 2 accounts i got.

Ok, let me get this straight. Having several people run (several) different accounts to gain different skill sets and all having access to those characters when needed is just fine and not someone elses bloody business - but one person using automated keyclicking to establish more or less the same thing is an abomination and a display of the worst humanity has to offer?

Zenmaster13
03-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Ok, let me get this straight. Having several people run (several) different accounts to gain different skill sets and all having access to those characters when needed is just fine and not someone elses bloody business - but one person using automated keyclicking to establish more or less the same thing is an abomination and a display of the worst humanity has to offer?

Big problem with your argument. Macroing is against the TOS,however, having multiple accounts is not. That is their rule.

Also, have you ever heard of families? Or have you ever heard of roomates living in the same apartment, playing the same game on different computers.

Very weak attempt at raising up macroing as something justifiable. Next...

Trak
03-31-2011, 06:10 AM
Big problem with your argument. Macroing is against the TOS,however, having multiple accounts is not. That is their rule.

Big problem with your argument; Was not talking about what was in the rules or not.

I was talking about the hypocrisy in peoples opinions. Regardless of whether it is against the rules, I fail to see that those two scenarios are not quite similar for many intents and purposes. So if you justify one, why is the opinion on the other vehemently opposite? Whats the difference between someone macroing basketry in his off hours and Dirt using his wifes parallel trained account to achieve the same effect?

And yes, I have heard about families. Wonderful concept. And I am living your second scenario even. Do I win a prize?
Fail to see what it has do with my question though?

I suspect you read something in my question that was not there. I have no issue with multiaccounting.

Dirts admitted use of his wifes account is a violation of the ToS, I might add. Want me to go all "LAME ASS CHEATER! ACCOUNT SHOULD BE DELETED" on you, Dirt?

Zenmaster13
03-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Big problem with your argument; Was not talking about what was in the rules or not.

I was talking about the hypocrisy in peoples opinions. Regardless of whether it is against the rules, I fail to see that those two scenarios are not quite similar for many intents and purposes. So if you justify one, why is the opinion on the other vehemently opposite? Whats the difference between someone macroing basketry in his off hours and Dirt using his wifes parallel trained account to achieve the same effect?

And yes, I have heard about families. Wonderful concept. And I am living your second scenario even. Do I win a prize?
Fail to see what it has do with my question though?

I suspect you read something in my question that was not there. I have no issue with multiaccounting.

Dirts admitted use of his wifes account is a violation of the ToS, I might add. Want me to go all "LAME ASS CHEATER! ACCOUNT SHOULD BE DELETED" on you, Dirt?

This is not Dirt, though after reading his posts, I repsect the guy. Plus I highly doubt (seeing his good attitude), that he would try the lameness of posting from his alt acct. to support his argument, because I know that is what you are suggesting here.

I understand you are doing a hypothetical here, but is still does not change what is.

Playing on an alt account is not like macroing. In one instance (playing alt acct.), you are still playing, thus, pressing the keys, etc.. In the other instance (macroing), you are not playing, thus the problem with your comparison. It's like comparing stealing (for more money), to having an extra job( for more money). Understand?

Trak
03-31-2011, 12:20 PM
This is not Dirt, though after reading his posts, I repsect the guy. Plus I highly doubt (seeing his good attitude), that he would try the lameness of posting from his alt acct. to support his argument, because I know that is what you are suggesting here.

I understand you are doing a hypothetical here, but is still does not change what is.

Playing on an alt account is not like macroing. In one instance (playing alt acct.), you are still playing, thus, pressing the keys, etc.. In the other instance (macroing), you are not playing, thus the problem with your comparison. It's like comparing stealing (for more money), to having an extra job( for more money). Understand?

First; I was not implying anything. In that instance I was talking to Dirt, not you. Never even thought that you might be the same guy. Stop acting on assumptions.

And you are completely off the ball on the other one. You keep bringing up the basis of the arguments as an argument in itself. "Why is an apple not blue? Because its green."

What is the difference in the advantage Dirt gains, whether the account was played by a macro or his wife? Or do you mean that the advantage is not a problem, as long as you pay for it?
I am losing track of the criteria that macros are judged on.

And you comparison between stealing and jobs is faulty as well. First of all; in both cases it is against the rules. Using someone elses account is against the ToS. So is macroing.
Second of all, its more like someone owning two factories and another guy owning one factory. And the first one wants to keep it illegal for the second to install conveyor belts because he does not want to or can't figure out how to use them. While completely ignoring that owning two factories is illegal too.

HyBrasil
04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Only one account. I have always viewed it to be somewhat unsportsmanlike to play 2 characters at the same time. This view, in addition to my belief in "fair play", prevents me from doing so.

This is just my perspective. I mean no malice towards anyone. *Flame suit on*

Dirt
04-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Mostly i run around with Haida, an architect/tank who carries the heavy stuff. Dirt just sort of comes out when i need a tool. My wife was a basketmaker but rerolled as tailor and shes stuck not learning new recipes. Its nice to have the choices i do, and it costs money, thats all. Again, i still have less fingers than a tribefull of players and can only run one around at a time, there's no /follow feature here. I wont be screaming down the mountain slope with my 2 crafters and one tank clearing a vast swath through to the lakeside any time during prelude, i don't expect. Still though, buy yourself another account, one less case of beer, and live a little.

xyberviri
04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
exactly, also even when your in a tribe having a alt is helpful.

kiwiitis1
04-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I ended up getting 2 a/c's mainly so I could have 1 guy over by the mist and the other closer to the lake.Best of both worlds :):)

dxwarlock
04-08-2011, 07:31 PM

how would that stop anything? people can have emore than one pc :P

Lexx
04-15-2011, 04:12 PM
I see no reason why I would want more than the one I have.

Dirt
04-23-2011, 10:18 AM
I see no reason why I would want more than the one I have.
I see no reason why one account would give me much to do 'cept stand and watch multi accounts make Tonnes more progress and enjoy themselves that much more..

NorCalGooey
04-24-2011, 03:11 AM
I see no reason why one account would give me much to do 'cept stand and watch multi accounts make Tonnes more progress and enjoy themselves that much more..

My mindset exactly in this game almost all the cast bars are at least 6 seconds in that time i can alt tab to my other character and do another cast then alt tab back to the original character before they finish their cast.

double terraforming is more fun actually

someone could easily fish on 5-6 accounts at once

shava
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
In Eve, I have two accounts. One is my mining boss, and the other is an electronic warfare focused fleet warfare type. But Eve has a critical difference from Xsyon. In Eve, when I'm playing the one toon, my other is still improving her skills. In Xsyon, skill comes only from doing things, so when my crafter is crafting, unless I play on two computers (uh, I guess... I mean, I could craft on one window and just be effectively afk while I kill bears on the other PC), got only so many hours in a day to game.

So for me, it seems like different games, different styles. Turns out my fiance didn't take to the game (I bought it for him) so I could have two accounts for the price of two matinee movies a month (i.e. an additional sub). I'll ponder it. I wonder how much I'd use it. Maybe I'll try for a bit and see what it feels like -- got until June to figure it out.

yrs,
Shava/Ani

Mortality
05-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Let me get this right, this game is one avatar/character per account,...ouch ?
WoW lets you have a max of 50 characters per account....

Phatkat
05-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Let me get this right, this game is one avatar/character per account,...ouch ?
WoW lets you have a max of 50 characters per account....

Having a lot of accounts would kinda defeat the purpose of the game. You are supposed to have one main skill and rely on others to trade and get materials and certain things you need. If everyone could have 50 accounts they could create whole functioning tribes by themselves. Kinda ruins the fun.

MrDDT
05-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Having a lot of accounts would kinda defeat the purpose of the game. You are supposed to have one main skill and rely on others to trade and get materials and certain things you need. If everyone could have 50 accounts they could create whole functioning tribes by themselves. Kinda ruins the fun.

Bolded what Im not sure where you get this idea from.
Devs have said MANY times that solo play is a valid option and you will NOT be require to trade with others to live in Xsyon. It will be harder ( I would hope myself much harder) but you can do it.

Phatkat
05-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Bolded what Im not sure where you get this idea from.
Devs have said MANY times that solo play is a valid option and you will NOT be require to trade with others to live in Xsyon. It will be harder ( I would hope myself much harder) but you can do it.

Its not impossible but it is helpful. And not doing it alone would be cheating when you just have an alt craft you what you need. Keep rerolling till you get that certain recipie in that particular skill, kinda ruins accutly living on your own.

Not trying to argue but it takes away from the game, cant really stop people from buying a secound account and its good that xsyon is getting the support.

TheShift
05-17-2011, 08:39 AM
I would prefer at least the option to have a second character on one account for the price....one fighter, one crafter would be reasonable.