PDA

View Full Version : New Vegas Republic - RP Alliance/Community Site

brando
02-25-2011, 08:23 PM
All,

The Wolverines have been working on the NVR for some time now and we have a skeleton of a site up that will soon be populated with gameplay information and news. The site will double as a fansite, a wiki and an RP backdrop for the Wolverines as well as any other RP tribes that wish to join us.

I hesitate to call it an alliance, but well, most people won't be able to understand or distinguish between various terms so we'll just call it an alliance for now. The goal is to create a backdrop and storyline to share between RP tribes. Some factions within the NVR will be allied while others will be competing within the Republic against other tribes. Think of it as a real nation with not all entities in it for the greater good and only for the betterment of themselves.

The skeleton site is up at: http://www.newvegasrepublic.com. We have forums and a wiki installed, but the styles are being worked on as we speak.

We have a shared TS3 and website hosting available for any fledgling RP tribes that want to take advantage of those services. We are also willing to design the site and provide you with signatures if you wish.

Our goal is to encourage RP and give everyone a bit of player generated lore to play around with.

If you're interested in joining up or working with us, please shoot me a PM.

Also, yes, I had the site and name registered and have been using it since before Fallout New Vegas was even announced. You're a self admitted tool if you skip over this bit of text and instantly comment on the name. I guess we'll find out how bad the ADD is on the internet these days ...

furanku
02-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't really like Roleplayers but let me ask; how do you roleplay in this type of game? (honest question)

brando
02-26-2011, 12:37 AM
I don't really like Roleplayers but let me ask; how do you roleplay in this type of game? (honest question)

Let me answer your question with a question ... what exactly do you think Roleplaying is? It'll help me answer you when I have a better understanding of what exactly you think RP is.

furanku
02-26-2011, 01:02 AM
Let me answer your question with a question ... what exactly do you think Roleplaying is? It'll help me answer you when I have a better understanding of what exactly you think RP is.

A person who pretends to be someone their not to create a fantasy world that they can live in, slowly believeing that what is going on is true within the game world. I do not consider RPin' talking like a retard at all times, RP can be also used in movies. Actors pretending to be someone else that they are not.

brando
02-26-2011, 01:24 AM
All we're doing is adding context to our gameplay. You have elements that define your guild and motivate you to interact with other groups in a certain way. Roleplayers chose to use motivations and context that fit the game world. We chose to model our tribe after something that might exist in the gameworld as an extension of what the devs have given us. A lot of Roleplayers just throw a wall of text at you, but our style of RP is embedded in the game through action, not solely in how we speak or avoid confrontation.

We RP a military unit based out of the ruins of Las Vegas at Nellis AFB that was on a recon mission when it got caught in the green mist that you see at the edges of the map. We supplement the NPCs in the game to be a dynamic part of the gameworld that interacts with you rather than just some shitty AI. A lot of us are current or former military so this setup just works for us.

We're PvPers, we just like some context to our killing.

furanku
02-26-2011, 01:48 AM
That is cool I was just wondering ^_^ Would your group like to join an Alliance that we have formed the TGM (The Green Mist Alliance) ?

Monfols
02-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Seems pretty interesting, Ill be sure to keep my eye on it.
Since I always liked the SSR.

Hopibear
02-26-2011, 09:57 AM
It looks good.
Cheers and goodluck!

Proto
02-27-2011, 01:17 AM
hi friends!

boomer0901
02-27-2011, 09:32 PM
I like this concept it's very well done wolverines

brando
02-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Wiki software installed and theme is going up shortly. We're also putting out a Newspaper and will be interviewing/highlighting as many tribes as we can before Prelude officially kicks off. If you would like to have your tribe interviewed please shoot me a PM.

Once we get everything in place for the NVR we will begin more marketing/advertising and have a few contests planned so stay tuned!

Kinslayer
03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
A very nice concept, nicely implemented. Looks great.

brando
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Newspaper is up and running. We have some cool stuff in the works that should start showing up soon.

http://www.newvegasrepublic.com/news

Raye
03-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Newspaper is up and running. We have some cool stuff in the works that should start showing up soon.

http://www.newvegasrepublic.com/news

Cool, ill be sure to check it out :)

brando
03-06-2011, 12:17 PM
The Outlands Radio is on its way. We have our staff in place for the Newspaper and now we're building staff for the Radio. We're currently streaming a test stream on the news site.

Also, we now have a redirect from http://news.newvegasrepublic.com to the site. The radio station is currently streaming a test broadcast, but we're having a programming meeting today for the radio and newspaper so expect more content very shortly.

Monfols
03-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Good to see you guys busy making a radio and newspaper.
Especially a neutral newspaper is needed since most of the news posted by other people is crap or not punctual.

boomer0901
03-06-2011, 12:50 PM
damn guys you've got more free time than myself, can't wait to hear some unbiased news or info that everyone can enjoy.

brando
03-06-2011, 02:21 PM
We're spreading out the workload so it makes life a whole lot easier. Kroat is a journalist in RL so he's doing the newspaper and the Radio is being done up by people who have done it in the past. Delegation is the key to success!

I don't have the freetime, but I keep up with my folks via cellphone and e-mail. Its amazing the access they give us while we're in the field these days.

boomer0901
03-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Those helpful satellites.

brando
03-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Looking for more tribes to do interviews with. I have one slated for release soon about the Deathwatch folks.