PDA

View Full Version : I joined in 2011 and I am know everything...

darg75
02-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Check out the number of opinionated posters with a join date of 2011.

Take a deep breath noobs.

PS. I happily include myself in this group.

pilok
02-26-2011, 04:16 AM
I joined in 2011 and i know close to nothing about this game.
It is no surprise with the 3 or 4 hours ingame time that i had.

I hope they fix this game by the end of this week, i want to play !

pilok
02-26-2011, 04:16 AM
I joined in 2011 and i know close to nothing about this game.
It is no surprise with the 3 or 4 hours ingame time that i had.

I hope they fix this game by the end of this week, i want to play !

Eeek...double post

ifireallymust
02-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Interesting. Which of the grizzled 1 year beta veterans' brand spanking new alts is this?

jumpshot
02-26-2011, 04:42 AM
whoa me too!!

Kurpitsa
02-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Oh, can we become one of those forums where join date and post count make your opinions more viable? Yaaaay!

Kroom
02-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Of course... What other way could we measure someones e-peen?

dxwarlock
02-26-2011, 07:24 AM
i agree, of course Kurpitsa...because having 5000 posts, 4900 of which are fluff like one word replies like "pwnt" and random 4chan images makes each post after it more intelligently thought out, more factual based, and less prone to personal bias as we all know.

mgilbrtsn
02-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Its rather a foolish metric. I have been watching the threads as a visitor for some time, and am conversant with much of the discussion happening. Once I bought the game, I got to see the more detailed forums and able to play the beta. Just because I haven't been a multi year vet of this game, doesn't mean that I don't have credible feedback. I've played many MMOs (both failed ones and successful ones) which can add to the discussion. I have played the game, albeit for a short time, and have found bugs, things needing tweaks, and positive experiences which I can share. Finally, I read these forums religiously (a little two religiously) and have gained alot of knowledge from them and thus allows me to converse in this forum.

Thus, in my opinion my participating in this discussion is just as valuable as the vaunted multi year joiners. Thus is the metric a silly one to me.

Now, If you think my posts are consistantly retarted, thats another story (probably more accurate than I would like to hear), and thus can my insights, opinions, and suggestions be ignored and ridiculed.

Vicid
02-26-2011, 07:50 AM
This game has been beta'ed by militant carebears for too long

Gypsy
02-26-2011, 09:11 AM

Stupid comments like this create an even bigger divide between the pve and pvp crowd. If we want more pvp oriented content, we wont get it by brow beating half of the community.

mgilbrtsn
02-26-2011, 09:34 AM

Seriously, how did this turn into a Carebear thread... Give it a rest.

bcrfan
02-26-2011, 09:39 AM
I can haz Zsyon.

Truth is, that Feb join date isnt really indicative of knowing about this game. When it first come on the scene I claimed Vapor, and believe i even posted on these forums and had that acct removed.

Needless to say im super happy I was wrong, but still, I've known about this it first came on the scene, still.... too many CB's I agree.

fflhktsn
02-26-2011, 10:36 AM

QFT

Virtus
02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh, can we become one of those forums where join date and post count make your opinions more viable? Yaaaay!

I Win!

Angyll
02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Amusing.

I'm more apt to view join date in 2 ways:

Like me, people tend to lurk a loooooong time before they actually speak up (if they decide anything here is worth replying to). Don't get me started on post count--that means NOTHING relevant!

Or, new people are finding the game I am excited about, and the community is becoming more robust!

Either way, it is a plus. I welcome you all. =D

Tehralph
02-26-2011, 11:12 AM
i agree, of course Kurpitsa...because having 5000 posts, 4900 of which are fluff like one word replies like "pwnt" and random 4chan images makes each post after it more intelligently thought out, more factual based, and less prone to personal bias as we all know.
Yes.

Jadzia
02-26-2011, 11:29 AM
I Win!

Aww :(

To the newcomers: you can get a lot of earlier information about the game using Advanced search. Just put the name 'Xsyon' to the username, and search for the term you are interested in. Don't forget to set the search time for 'Any date' or 'A year ago'. Repeat the search with the username 'Virtus' and you got all of the info you needed. The rest is only players' debates, guesses, hopes and assumptions, nothing useful.

LoginServerDown
02-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Aww :(

To the newcomers: you can get a lot of earlier information about the game using Advanced search. Just put the name 'Xsyon' to the username, and search for the term you are interested in. Don't forget to set the search time for 'Any date' or 'A year ago'. Repeat the search with the username 'Virtus' and you got all of the info you needed. The rest is only players' debates, guesses, hopes and assumptions, nothing useful.

I'm pretty new around here, but I seem to have noticed Willbonney (sp?) and Saintbob have good content to their posts as well

zymurgeist
02-26-2011, 02:29 PM
I joined in 2011 and I am know everything...
Except grammar. I just can't get the hang of it.
Judge the contribution not the contributor.

Stupid comments like this create an even bigger divide between the pve and pvp crowd. If we want more pvp oriented content, we wont get it by brow beating half of the community.

“A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.”
~Henry Ward Beecher.