PDA

View Full Version : One Week? You promised two...

Haunt
02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Regarding the final wipe, we plan for this to be a week before the official launch of March 15th. We have compiled a list of saved totems from the 18th and will email the tribe and homestead leaders in advance of the final wipe.

What happened here?

Honelith
02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Err, can we get what we paid for please..?

LoginServerDown
02-26-2011, 04:19 PM
yeah we're losing playtime now?

furanku
02-26-2011, 04:21 PM
^_^ I agree, what is going on. First you are using the Totems, than you are not using them totems now you are using the totems and first we given 2 weeks of extra gameplay now one week and what's next 0 weeks?

.... or what instead of 2 months free 1 ?

Just wondering.

Honelith
02-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't think we lose any playtime since we got a bonus of 2 weeks. But the whole point I preordered was for the almost 2 week headstart.

LoginServerDown
02-26-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't think we lose any playtime since we got a bonus of 2 weeks. But the whole point I preordered was for the almost 2 week headstart.

that 2 week headstart is what we're losing, at least a week of it.

Armand
02-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Would be nice to see some consistency in the announcements. Agreed.

oneyedwang
02-26-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll all be getting the 2 weeks. It wont be a 2 week headstart though..... But I hate to break it to you guys the "headstart" was just to make you feel special. Anyone who buys the game gets immediate access, just think of it as "extra" time.

FabricSoftener
02-26-2011, 04:39 PM
that 2 week headstart is what we're losing, at least a week of it.

I want to play but to he honest I am really not worried about the aprox. $4 a week subscription costs

mgilbrtsn
02-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I gotta admit, this sucks! 1st the head start isn't going to be until the 7th or so!!! second we are losing a week of the head start!! This is very Sad!!!

As far as the totems are concerned, they stated it earlier that they were gonna try to use the data from the pre-launch positions.

very veRY VERY sad!

Kriten
02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I call BS on the devs part.... I was promised 2 weeks head start i wan't two weeks or i'm asking for my money back simple as that. Keep your promises or keep your game.

Also the totem Bs is gay let everyone have a fair chance.. You will never be able to prove that someone didn't put the totem there first hens you will have a lot of problems from a lot of people.

MrCarrier
02-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Um, yea... double u, tee, eff? a wipe ONE week before launch? An explanation, or Dev clarification would be nice.

Raizure
02-26-2011, 05:18 PM
i think in order to satisfy EVERYONE and keep the game completely fair... everything must be wiped and a 2 week head start must be given. Lesser of two evils for the first, and just plain keeping your word for the 2nd

YamiOkami
02-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah I add my insubstantial and pointless complaints too!!...

Oh wait, i don't really mind, because its just a game, and a headstart doesnt really mean much unless you want to lord it over new people, which i don't care about.

I'm going to go back and wait patiently for release like a good little boy and prepare an apple for teacher.

Kriten
02-26-2011, 05:23 PM

Oh wait, i don't really mind, because its just a game, and a headstart doesnt really mean much unless you want to lord it over new people, which i don't care about.

I'm going to go back and wait patiently for release like a good little boy and prepare an apple for teacher.

It's people like you that make dictatorship Just bend over and take it every time.. not holding anyone to their word is the worst thing anyone can do. From civil to chaos, from good to bad .. no matter how small you can't turn the other cheek sorry thats just for fan boys.

mgilbrtsn
02-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't know if its possible, but I would recommend the following in order to give the promised 2 weeks.

Can you start the headstart on the old servers (if issues of data saves and lag issues are fixed), and port the data over to the new servers when they arrive. It will probably be a headache when the server has to go down for the switcharoo, but at least we will be playing.

Your consideration would be most appreciated.

Like I said, I don't know if its possible, but if it is.....

LoginServerDown
02-26-2011, 05:26 PM

He's right guys. None of us should be mad that we paid for a product and then the company pulled a bait and switch, because the product is only a game, and therefor the money we spent doesnt count.

Cyrianna
02-26-2011, 05:27 PM
never in any post were you promised a 2 week 'headstart', what you were given was an additional 2 weeks of free play time, on top of the 2 free months you'll receive for having preordered. In reality, most games that have ever offered a 'headstart' have only given 2 - 3 days, which is really all you would need here as well, as you only need that time to get your tribe location set, get people invited, and get to building. So what if the new people coming in dont get to walk to all your big beautiful castles that you've built in 10 days, i'm sure someone in your tribe will post in the pictures area what it looks like so we can all go "ooh, ahh, how talented you are".

Get over yourselves and let the dev's do their job without all your constant bitching and whining about how things arent going YOUR way.

Kriten
02-26-2011, 05:33 PM
never in any post were you promised a 2 week 'headstart', what you were given was an additional 2 weeks of free play time, on top of the 2 free months you'll receive for having preordered. In reality, most games that have ever offered a 'headstart' have only given 2 - 3 days, which is really all you would need here as well, as you only need that time to get your tribe location set, get people invited, and get to building. So what if the new people coming in dont get to walk to all your big beautiful castles that you've built in 10 days, i'm sure someone in your tribe will post in the pictures area what it looks like so we can all go "ooh, ahh, how talented you are".

Get over yourselves and let the dev's do their job without all your constant bitching and whining about how things arent going YOUR way.

Classic example of a brainwashed fain boy who will take it in any position. wipe that brown off your nose.

ifireallymust
02-26-2011, 05:35 PM
The biggest deal for me about preorder was access to the first land rush. Which will be mostly over within an hour, and certainly over before the first day passes. At that point, why worry about a potential influx of more players?

That said, I wish everything was going to be set up sooner just like we all wish it, but this is the sort of thing that happens sometimes, and I'd rather wait longer than expected, and then wait longer than expected again, than see a game with last minute bugs moved hastily onto some random server that might not be the best, just so I can play now, right now!

fishFUNK
02-26-2011, 05:40 PM
So much QQ.

toolowdown71
02-26-2011, 05:41 PM

the people upset in this thread are posting there opinion of the latest new's just like you so please respect that as i respect your's now ill post mine.

you are right in the wording of the two weeks that was promised in free play time.
and the only gripe i have is with the totem data being pulled from the 18th and set in the game. with all the problems on the 18th and all the tribes include my own that couldnt get a totem to place yet alone get it not disappear lol i think they should start fresh with the land grab.

but i say again that is only my opinion.

Romtu
02-26-2011, 05:48 PM
As soon as I read that announcement I went to this board to make a thread complaining, but hey already one here that's nice.

I don't care about the head start. Really doesn't mean anything since I'm pretty sure if someone buys the game right now they'll still get the "head start". What I do care about is that one week of gameplay is being stolen from us. When we bought the game we were promised 2 free months, plus an additional 2 weeks before the "official" launch. We were also promised an exact release date which didn't quite happen, but I understand that was unforeseen and I'm not going to get upset about that. I certainly am going to get upset if they keep to the current schedule and take away a week of gameplay from everyone because of their mistake.

BigCountry
02-26-2011, 05:56 PM
This game better be up and running by the 7th, this is just ridiculous....
lol

Servers...bandwidth....lag....leaks....wipes...wit h only a few hundred people, what happens when its a few thousand?? Do these guys really know what they are doing, is this guy in over his freaking head??

I am starting to question that....

LoginServerDown
02-26-2011, 05:58 PM
This game better be up and running by the 7th, this is ridiculous....
lol

don't worry if it's not we'll lose more game time

fflhktsn
02-26-2011, 06:01 PM
They need to offer a no questions asked, full refund, for anyone who wants it, if the game is not final (no wipes) and playable by the 7th.

Also...please modify your language on the preorder page. Let people know that prelude is xsyon talk for beta, and plase notify people on the order page that the game is in an alpha state, as it is now..immediatly. Then remove the word alpha and replace it with beta upon final wipe and "launch".

Let those who want to pay to test do so knowingly please. Thank you.

YamiOkami
02-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Ah, I can't be arsed to deal with this too tired

FabricSoftener
02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
I want my two dollars!

thats about tree fiddy

jeru
02-26-2011, 06:09 PM
SOON™ crits you for OVER 9000!

Virtus
02-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Hello Everyone:

While I can understand that you are all very upset I would like to point out the situation.

Jooky is working, right now, as hard as he can to get all these lag/crash/saving problems sorted out. On top of this he is/was having to deal with the server company to get everything organized. He is a 1 man team and can only do so much.

In the beginning Jooky did say there would be 2 weeks early access, however, it was not part of the pre-order package. Instead it was something extra he was trying to do for the community.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, this is no longer possible. He is, however, still trying to give you extra time despite the difficulties.

Tehroth
02-26-2011, 06:30 PM
A two week headstart with a complete wipe is the best option. I am to starting to question the Developer's abilities, but Jordi did basically make roma whatever the fluck it is pretty alone. Hoping we don't have another MO here.

Virtus
02-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Hello Everyone:

While I can understand that you are all very upset I would like to point out the situation.

Jooky is working, right now, as hard as he can to get all these lag/crash/saving problems sorted out. On top of this he is/was having to deal with the server company to get everything organized. He is a 1 man team and can only do so much.

In the beginning Jooky did say there would be 2 weeks early access, however, it was not part of the pre-order package. Instead it was something extra he was trying to do for the community.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, this is no longer possible. He is, however, still trying to give you extra time despite the difficulties.

Just quoting myself since I was the last post on the previous page.

Tehralph
02-26-2011, 06:35 PM
A two week headstart with a complete wipe is the best option. I am to starting to question the Developer's abilities, but Jordi did basically make roma whatever the fluck it is pretty alone. Hoping we don't have another MO here.
No, because in MO when you work hard to achieve something, and it is lost due to bugs or exploits, they just say "Sorry for your loss" and continue on. At least Xsyon is giving compensation for everyone who battles through 4 hours of lag to place a totem and then followed through on getting a hold of a Guide to record it.

Virtus
02-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Ralph, this is about 2 weeks had start not about tribe totems, that's in the other thread.

Atmos
02-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Two weeks free game time and a head start on the land grab? You don't need two weeks before launch to get ready, more like two days; so what exactly is the problem again? Please don't use "promise" in your response.

Tehralph
02-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Ralph, this is about 2 weeks had start not about tribe totems, that's in the other thread.
Well he did mention "complete wipe" and compared to MO. I was just explaining the difference between Xsyon and MO on the situation.

BigCountry
02-26-2011, 06:45 PM
...the difference between Xsyon and MO....

The only thing I can see them having in common at the moment is they both charged money for something obviously not ready...
lol

tredo
02-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Xsyon
All players will get two weeks additional free play time. Effectively that makes March 15th our 'official launch' start. The actual start and final wipe will be as soon as possible once we have the new servers set up.

Again, I apologize for this rough start. We'll get over this bump soon!

Final wipe is AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, can any of you see into the future? NO! Neither can Jordi, he is basing his schedule on things working correctly, and clearly things are not going as he intended. I think all the cry babies and nay sayers either need to log off, go back to wow, ER, warhammer, AoC or where ever you came from before here and come back later... after all....

Originally Posted by Xsyon
The pending launch is for the Prelude, which is intended to last at least 6-9 months as originally planned. The Prelude is meant to be as described in the Features section. During the Prelude the game will evolve based on the community. The vision is and always has been to do this.

Looks like you will have plenty of time to come back and still be part of the prelude! All this I paid this and I paid that.... you know what you paid for? A preorder for a working game.. well guess what, its still beta. You paid for something you are not even playing yet! You were lucky enough to get in game as soon as you preordered, without having to wait till the launch. If you don't want to take part of the beta, and just want to take advantage of your preorder then I suggest you don't log into the game till after launch. Afterall... that's what you paid for!

mrwooj
02-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Hello Everyone:

That all sounds totally reasonable to me............

The responses from some people here are beginning to sound like forumfall. Pull yours heads out of your asses and get over it children. I want my 2dollars, blah blah. Shut up and act like adults. Take into account all the issues Jordi is dealing with and already has dealt with. Look at the overall picture of how he deals with us - more than fairly.

The only thing i STRONGLY dissagree with is the pre-placing of totems. Pre-placing as per the 18th is rediculous imho. That was a day of unplayable lag, glitches and problems. Nobody had a fair, even sandbox with which to scramble to their chosen piece of land and put down a totem. How is reproducing the results of totem placement on that day a fair and true representation of a landrush?

Start again FULLY i say!

NexAnima
02-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Final wipe is AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, can any of you see into the future? NO! Neither can Jordi, he is basing his schedule on things working correctly, and clearly things are not going as he intended. I think all the cry babies and nay sayers either need to log off, go back to wow, ER, warhammer, AoC or where ever you came from before here and come back later... after all....

Regarding the final wipe, we plan for this to be a week before the official launch of March 15th.

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/1440-Xsyon-Updates?p=52613&viewfull=1#post52613

Virtus
02-26-2011, 07:01 PM
lets keep the totem talk in the totem thread please :)

NexAnima
02-26-2011, 07:09 PM
lets keep the totem talk in the totem thread please :)

It was combined with Xsyon's pharagraph in the quote, though I will edit it out to keep from derailing.

santoclawz
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Hello Everyone:

"5.) Is there a beta?

No. There is only an early access for those who have pre-ordered."

got that from the faq definitely sounds like its part of the pre-order package,

also to everyone who says this was supposed to be the beta.... aparently not.

Runtlington
02-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Keep up the good work Xsyon! I don't mind waiting!

STAR_GOD
02-27-2011, 01:26 AM
So what happen with two week head start XSYON?

So we all got announcment that 'Regarding the final wipe, we plan for this to be a week before the official launch of March 15th' but what happen with two week head start xsyon?

not only that was promised before failed launch but it was promised after failed launch and I qoute xsyon himself

'All players will get two weeks additional free play time. Effectively that makes March 15th our 'official launch' start. The actual start and final wipe will be as soon as possible once we have the new servers set up'.

Now things have changed... We have put up with waiting server to go online, we have put up with restarts rollebacks and lagspikes...but are we gona put up with this! We want our two week headstart not 1 week...

orious13
02-27-2011, 02:00 AM
"5.) Is there a beta?

No. There is only an early access for those who have pre-ordered."

got that from the faq definitely sounds like its part of the pre-order package,

also to everyone who says this was supposed to be the beta.... aparently not.

Pre-orders got access to beta....

windoze
02-27-2011, 02:36 AM
First of all a preorder is a preorder, basically you put up money for something to be delivered later. As the release date is a preliminary one it can be changed. So all people whining about they paid for playing now can stop, you paid to get the game when it gets released and as a bonus for preordering you get access to the testing going on right now.

Bundled with the preorder is also 2 months of free play. Now you guys are whining because you don't get the extra two weeks of free play that Xsyon tried to give you, but you never paid for. Seriously, what is wrong with people...

galagah
02-27-2011, 02:48 AM
S

'All players will get two weeks additional free play time. Effectively that makes March 15th our 'official launch' start. The actual start and final wipe will be as soon as possible once we have the new servers set up'.

Now things have changed... We have put up with waiting server to go online, we have put up with restarts rollebacks and lagspikes...but are we gona put up with this! We want our two week headstart not 1 week...

Well , lets see , the Original launch date prior to that post was 1st March , so form the 1st March to the 15th March is ... guess what .....thats right ............... 2 WEEKS . He also quite clearly states that the final wipe will be as soon as possible before that date .

Quit crying , you can still play and learn more about the game until the final wipe .

Jasdemi
02-27-2011, 03:05 AM
I'm pretty sure we won't see the final wipe on 7th from what I've seen so far. Just do the final wipe on 15 and scratch this head start.
We can wait more, but I think not many of us can endure another failure.

river111
02-27-2011, 03:12 AM
I'm so confused on this one. Last I checked in order to even log in an play this game, now, in headstart, or live you have to order the game. Right now until official launch date thats called headstart. So everyone, everyone gets to play the same time. If they buy it now they get into whatever headstart he gives, 1 week or 7 doesn't matter. If they buy the game anytime after that date (headstart start date) then they get to play from that day forward. SO what are we complaining we aren't getting here? A fictional week that sets us apart from who exactly?? The guy that might buy it a week after the headstart starts? Or maybe the guy that buys it 2 weeks after headstart starts. Its not like other headstarts where there is a cutoff on pre-orders or collectors edition here. Its pre-order all the way up until launch date, then its just called order. But the rule still remains the same, you pay you play from that date on.

Sorry just not sure why we are arguing this one. Simple aswer to the why on this one is money. NG has expenses to think about, and they dont collect from any of us again until 2 months AFTER lunch.The longer they delay that date the longer they have to fund things out of thier own pocket until they can collect from us again. I would bet thats 100% the consideration bhind 1 or 2 weeks on the headstart. He wants it out on the 15th, if he could get it ready 2 weeks before then fine, but if he can't he is gonna give us whatever headstart he can with that date locked in.

STAR_GOD
02-27-2011, 03:21 AM
I like the fact people call this beta ok if this is beta why does he say he willr estore some totems to original position? IF game gets released everythign should be wiped!

Africanus
02-27-2011, 03:27 AM
I try not to read the forums too much as it becomes frustrating ploughing through the shit to reach the substance......

But wasn't release March 1?

STAR_GOD
02-27-2011, 03:28 AM
I try not to read the forums too much as it becomes frustrating ploughing through the shit to reach the substance......

But wasn't release March 1?

Not anymore ^^

imolital
02-27-2011, 03:40 AM
We have to give Jordi credit for his commitment to the game. However, it is still sad that we are getting broken promises. How bout a compromise. A week and a half. March 4th! Also you guys have to consider that players can choose to come back to play only after the final wipe but if we all do that who's to figure out bugs, give suggestions and help promote the game? So honestly, you can't fault people for getting frustrated. We all want this game up and running as soon as possible.

STAR_GOD
02-27-2011, 03:45 AM
well if we want him to figure out bugs might aswell prospone the game till next year ^^ but I doubt there will be players left by that time.. And in all honesty they got funds from all subscirbers to get larger team and get these bugs sorted just beacause its one man working dont mean we have all have to take heat for it... Last time i checked false promises equal to false advertising...

parkezu
02-27-2011, 05:55 AM
but I doubt there will be players left by that time..

Not true - I think most of the guys who have been here longer than you shit stirrers, would stay where they are.

And as for the headstart - 2 weeks or 1 week I don't really care, as long as I get to play.

STAR_GOD
02-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Not true - I think most of the guys who have been here longer than you shit stirrers, would stay where they are.

And as for the headstart - 2 weeks or 1 week I don't really care, as long as I get to play.

reported for abusive language ^^... And we dont stirr things this one is totaly admins doing it not us its their decision...

unclean666
02-27-2011, 06:10 AM
who cares what are you people 12 years old.like the devs dont have enough to do without making sure you cry babies are happy.

Defu
02-27-2011, 06:13 AM
I'm so confused on this one. Last I checked in order to even log in an play this game, now, in headstart, or live you have to order the game. Right now until official launch date thats called headstart. So everyone, everyone gets to play the same time. If they buy it now they get into whatever headstart he gives, 1 week or 7 doesn't matter. If they buy the game anytime after that date (headstart start date) then they get to play from that day forward. SO what are we complaining we aren't getting here? A fictional week that sets us apart from who exactly?? The guy that might buy it a week after the headstart starts? Or maybe the guy that buys it 2 weeks after headstart starts. Its not like other headstarts where there is a cutoff on pre-orders or collectors edition here. Its pre-order all the way up until launch date, then its just called order. But the rule still remains the same, you pay you play from that date on.

Sorry just not sure why we are arguing this one. Simple aswer to the why on this one is money. NG has expenses to think about, and they dont collect from any of us again until 2 months AFTER lunch.The longer they delay that date the longer they have to fund things out of thier own pocket until they can collect from us again. I would bet thats 100% the consideration bhind 1 or 2 weeks on the headstart. He wants it out on the 15th, if he could get it ready 2 weeks before then fine, but if he can't he is gonna give us whatever headstart he can with that date locked in.
This.
There is no such thing as a headstart. Theres only the time between final wipe and official release.

NG is essentially losing money as they postpone the launch, but they want the game to work this time.

STAR_GOD
02-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Oh. So you'll be in favor of him also keeping his word to reinstate totems placed the 18th like he promised too, right?

Oh...wait. No. You don't want that...because griefer chimps and hypocrisy kinda go together, don't they?

This thread is not toem disccusion and there is big difference since it actualy envolves money... for 2 week cash thats around £7 I could save and buy good magazine...

Also 2 week headstart would allow more preparation of getting ready for new audience to come in this game..

And not sure why you think I am grief I dont grief ^^

shadowlz
02-27-2011, 07:16 AM
Last time i checked false promises equal to false advertising...

At this point I would consiter it bait and switch.

Saorlan
02-27-2011, 07:26 AM
You bunch of whining girls. 1 week, 2 week - who cares?

Just get the game released already. I have been in the "beta" for nearly a year now!

Dontaze_Mebro
02-27-2011, 07:29 AM
We have to give Jordi credit for his commitment to the game. However, it is still sad that we are getting broken promises. How bout a compromise. A week and a half. March 4th! Also you guys have to consider that players can choose to come back to play only after the final wipe but if we all do that who's to figure out bugs, give suggestions and help promote the game? So honestly, you can't fault people for getting frustrated. We all want this game up and running as soon as possible.
Obviously you don't you just want it up and running half assedly. You're playing now right? You been playing for god knows how long for free right? Maybe you lil fanbois could just sit back and take an extra does of rittalin and try for once in your pathetic wasted lives to be a bit patient. They could've given you a broken game to play, but been on time and you'd have gotten your precious 2 weeks, but would it have been worth it? This company has shown amazing customer service and dedication to delivering a quality product. Someday you internet forum whiners are going to pull your heads out of your asses and there is going to be a really loud pop.

Dontaze_Mebro
02-27-2011, 07:36 AM
u mad bro?
I got money why would I be mad about 2 weeks? I'm ashamed that I have to share the title of Gamer with some of you socially inept wastes of space.

I just feel sorry for you people.

STAR_GOD
02-27-2011, 07:44 AM
I got money why would I be mad about 2 weeks? I'm ashamed that I have to share the title of Gamer with some of you socially inept wastes of space.

I just feel sorry for you people.

Mr I can use big words in a sentance dont be angry its just the game

FabricSoftener
02-27-2011, 07:58 AM
I WANT MY TWO DOOOOLARS!

i didn't ask for a dime...

jozabad
02-27-2011, 08:45 AM
This game better be up and running by the 7th, this is just ridiculous....
lol

Servers...bandwidth....lag....leaks....wipes...wit h only a few hundred people, what happens when its a few thousand?? Do these guys really know what they are doing, is this guy in over his freaking head??

I am starting to question that....

I aggree with bigcountry.

baka77
02-27-2011, 09:04 AM
I really don't care if we get 1 week vs 2 weeks of a head start, so long as the server is stable & the game is playable.

Perhaps I'm desensitized from suffering through pretty much every other MMO's terrible launches. Or perhaps I have gained wisdom with age & realized that even with one less week of "free time," this game still gives more than TWICE as much free time away as any other MMO release (2 months, not 1). It's still remarkable value if/when the server issue gets sorted & we can indeed start on ~3/7.

FabricSoftener
02-27-2011, 09:16 AM
I really don't care if we get 1 week vs 2 weeks of a head start, so long as the server is stable & the game is playable.

Perhaps I'm desensitized from suffering through pretty much every other MMO's terrible launches. Or perhaps I have gained wisdom with age & realized that even with one less week of "free time," this game still gives more than TWICE as much free time away as any other MMO release (2 months, not 1). It's still remarkable value if/when the server issue gets sorted & we can indeed start on ~3/7.

I would pay $100 if all the current technical problems would go away. I would also be intrested in considering an offer to make many of the troll players go away.

I agree, I am really not intrested in getting my two dollars back, I would rather just play

Monfols
02-27-2011, 09:40 AM
I would pay $100 if all the current technical problems would go away. I would also be intrested in considering an offer to make many of the troll players go away.

I agree, I am really not intrested in getting my two dollars back, I would rather just play

I am interested, they should let people pay to get trolls banned. I bet there quite some people to pay some money to get the dust gone to make the fora all shiny again :D.

mcdowellbri
02-27-2011, 09:56 AM
I think the point was, that the release date is set at 3/1 on mmorpg, that way some people dont acutally order till then, March 1st is gonna be massive noob flood date. if the servers dont even come up till the 7th were still gonna have the noob flood in our "free" week. at the very least they should get the release date changed to the 15th on mmorpg and call it good everyone is happy

mgilbrtsn
02-27-2011, 09:59 AM
I think the point was, that the release date is set at 3/1 on mmorpg, that way some people dont acutally order till then, March 1st is gonna be massive noob flood date. if the servers dont even come up till the 7th were still gonna have the noob flood in our "free" week. at the very least they should get the release date changed to the 15th on mmorpg and call it good everyone is happy

agree

Loke
02-27-2011, 10:06 AM
What are you whining about? Things didnt go as it was suppose to. But there is really nothing Jooky can do about it now. Do you want him to rush out the game just so you can get a 2 weeks headstart. If he does that the game might fail launch again. Besides we get 2 weeks extra game time for all this trouble.

orious13
02-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Eh... Did he PROMISE something SPECIFICALLY?

natehamm
02-27-2011, 10:35 AM
why isnt he doing like most game companies do on a server move? instead of waiting for server to move then wipe and start new server why isnt he just wipe not let us play then when new server comes online he can just simple transfer the data. i could deal with a 1-2 day down time of him transfering the data. i just cant deal with how we could already be wiped and playing now yet hes doing things the hard way alienating alot of people.

to me should go like this: 1. wipe servers and bring them up tuesday but also announce that there could be another wipe if data is becoming corrupted.
2. bring the servers down before 15th with enough time to transfer data.

thats my opinion of what would be good to do but looks like in end gonna be a long boring week and have to pray that the servers are stable on 8th then

Dontaze_Mebro
02-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I am interested, they should let people pay to get trolls banned. I bet there quite some people to pay some money to get the dust gone to make the fora all shiny again :D.

Sound like a troll thread. Someone ban this guy and pay me.

Aethaeryn
02-27-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't think it matters much as we don't really get a head start do we? can't anyone "pre-order" until release and start playing that day right up until launch? I don't think they are going to restrict sales from head start to launch meaning that launch day will not be much different from the day before. My guess is we will see a steady stream of people filtering in each day. It seems to me just to be semantics and promotional. What is the difference between your starting 2 weeks ahead and a friend of mine buying the game the day after that starts and having one day less?

Can anyone confirm whether they will stop sales during the head start? If not I just can't see how it matters. I might be missing something though. From my perspective anyone can buy the game and start playing any day they want to.

Aethaeryn
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM

Do you think someone who is interested in the game is seeing the release date. . not checking the website and waiting until launch to buy it? I suppose it is possible but that seems odd to me. If they want to play why would they wait until the 7th especially with the preorder weapons etc.

orious13
02-27-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't think it matters much as we don't really get a head start do we? can't anyone "pre-order" until release and start playing that day right up until launch? I don't think they are going to restrict sales from head start to launch meaning that launch day will not be much different from the day before. My guess is we will see a steady stream of people filtering in each day. It seems to me just to be semantics and promotional. What is the difference between your starting 2 weeks ahead and a friend of mine buying the game the day after that starts and having one day less?

Can anyone confirm whether they will stop sales during the head start? If not I just can't see how it matters. I might be missing something though. From my perspective anyone can buy the game and start playing any day they want to.

Originally the pre-orders got in the game before the pre-launch started. That was why I bought.... to test and learn before the actually pre-launch. It will still be in that phase until the actual pre-launch starts. Then pre-ordering won't really matter.

boomer0901
02-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Wow I guess the D-bag crowds really did make it over from DF and MO, stop whining. You'll be getting your monies worth which is more than can be said for DF and MO.

Everybody just has to complain about something, pick up a damn book and read something if you're bored, but stop harassing the dev's for something that they make right. This game is actually turning out to be decent and will work which again can't be said for MO at least, so stop harassing the man like it's starvault it's not, nothing was 100% specifically said that we would get 2 full weeks head start, as virtus said that was a bonus, so you're only getting a week so what! Most ppl in a week will almost have half their cities built or terroformed.

My god what the hell is wrong with you ppl.

I am super critical of all games and I havne't played a decent working game from the wraper much less a MMO.
For once in a decade I can say I think that Jooky is doing a great job with this game and I think he'll make it work. And I'll probably not be able to say that again for another 20 years I'm sure.

Let the man work so he can get the game to work, the more time he spends listening to you all cry the less time he's fixing the game. That doesn't mean I don't agree with some of the statements, but your crying outweights anything justifiable you have to say. Which means you act like a D-Bag you get treated like one and your opinion is virtually worthless.