PDA

View Full Version : Gets worse and worse for those that pre-ordered!

Atreyu
02-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Well, just a quick rant because its 23:40 so I am grouchy and just read a posting saying the final wipe is now only ONE week before launch? What?! I paid for a two week headstart, not a one week headstart...and the point of "getting in there early" has become more and more irrelevant, because by that point, about 20 days worth of people will have joined. So that means my 2 week advantage over most players has now become a one week advantage over few players.

Surely those that pre-ordered before the initial deadline deserve the week headstart to make up for what we have been put through? I know its not your fault, but your still responsible in my eyes, devs ;)

mrcalhou
02-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Personally, I don't care. The biggest advantage is only going to come the first few hours after the server wipe. After that it's not going to matter anymore.

Caffy
02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
yes im not worried about that as much as I am about the state of the game and how the devs are going to handle an immenent launch of a game that isn't ready to be launched.

wolfmoonstrike
02-27-2011, 03:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWM5IKWfok0
sorry for this... but I think it fits the situation

Honelith
02-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Haha, best short vid I've seen in a longtime. :D

Atreyu
02-27-2011, 04:06 PM
That video is super fiting :D Haha made me feel slightly better about the situation :)

BigCountry
02-27-2011, 04:07 PM
ROFL on the video!!!!

mrcalhou
02-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Lmao, that was great.

wolfmoonstrike
02-27-2011, 04:09 PM
That video is super fiting :D Haha made me feel slightly better about the situation :)

Glad it helped lol. Sorry when I saw your title this was the video that popped up in my head.

Caffy
02-27-2011, 04:09 PM
That was awesome :)

shadowlz
02-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I only have to say this. Quit your fucking whining. I had pre-ordered the game hoping for a good 3 weeks to help my guild set its foundations before I was off to basic training. Now, I may have a day. You dont see making threads complaining about the situation. You have been given 2 additional weeks on top of your 2 months. You seriously expect them to push release back yet another week so you may have more time to settle yourself in?

Whiners whineing about whiners. At least it made the situation better right?

darg75
02-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Thankyou, that video made my day.

wolfmoonstrike
02-27-2011, 07:54 PM
I think it would be funny if Xsyon saw this and posted something along the lines of "Pray I don't alter the deal further"....though I hope it wouldn't be taken out of context or used against him.

Cunk
02-27-2011, 08:37 PM
To everyone whining about not having enough of a head start before launch day here's a fact you should consider: ANY HEAD START IS COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS BECAUSE THE GAME IS OPEN RIGHT NOW TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY IT.

FFS. No one who wants to play this game is waiting for the so-called "official launch". They've pre-ordered, just like you. Head starts are only applicable to games with closed or limited open betas.

SO STOP BITCHING AND MOANING

GuideAriel
02-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Great video I must say, not sure how I missed that one.

outfctrl
02-28-2011, 04:53 AM
I want the clown shoes.

Honelith
02-28-2011, 05:12 AM
I think it would be funny if Xsyon saw this and posted something along the lines of "Pray I don't alter the deal further"....though I hope it wouldn't be taken out of context or used against him.

Haha, Xsyon, do it, please! :D

FabricSoftener
02-28-2011, 05:26 AM
.. I paid for ...

I want my two dollars!

sorry I cant find a good video for the reference

Straylight
02-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Fabric, I believe it's 'tree fidy'

bruisie159
03-01-2011, 06:50 AM
To everyone whining about not having enough of a head start before launch day here's a fact you should consider: ANY HEAD START IS COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS BECAUSE THE GAME IS OPEN RIGHT NOW TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY IT.

FFS. No one who wants to play this game is waiting for the so-called "official launch". They've pre-ordered, just like you. Head starts are only applicable to games with closed or limited open betas.

SO STOP BITCHING AND MOANING

Its true headstart has always been a myth in xsyon but with the recent delays its now even more so. Anyone can just begin playing whenever they order there is no "headstart".

I will say this though people are perfectly allowed to bitch about changes in the deal! Not everyone is in love with the game and the devs. Some of us just love it but are not "in love" with it. When you are in love you are blind to any faults. As time goes on faults become more evident and acceptable. It doesnt mean you dont love the game but you can be critical at times.

dem1urge
03-01-2011, 06:58 AM
I want my two dollars!

sorry I cant find a good video for the reference

Was that a quote from the movie "Creepshow" with the paperboy?

FabricSoftener
03-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Was that a quote from the movie "Creepshow" with the paperboy?

movie was 'better off dead' with the paperboy

'I didnt ask for a dime...'

I completely understand people getting upset and disapointed that the game is not going to launch as sceduled but throwing out the 'want my my two dollars' card when its literally two dollars is just weak as weak can be :)

Lerxst
03-01-2011, 08:42 AM
First of all, here's the video... love that movie :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP9gSfXgir0

Second of all, considering the learning curve this game has, I could care less about a rescheduled wipe. Just figuring out the nuances in the game for that time will give me the head-start I need.

FabricSoftener
03-01-2011, 08:47 AM
It's a matter of perspective. You can feed a child in africa for a week on 2 dollars.

it is a matter of perspective, most people would laugh at you and make fun of you for being a cheap bastard when it comes to $2 which is why the 'i want my two dollars' is so well known and used as a joke on people who cry about not getting a fair shake on phone booth money.

FabricSoftener
03-01-2011, 08:48 AM
First of all, here's the video... love that movie :)

Second of all, considering the learning curve this game has, I could care less about a rescheduled wipe. Just figuring out the nuances in the game for that time will give me the head-start I need.

yeah I saw that video I wasnt a fan of that shot but it will do

FabricSoftener
03-01-2011, 01:38 PM
What if it's not about the money, but the principle?

then you are on the right tract.
Complain until you are blue in the face but once you hit that 'want my two dollars back' then its just a fail from that point on.

nobody gives a F about two dollars or who quits the game, people can man up and make their point without resorting to tactics my 2 year old nephew uses