PDA

View Full Version : Couple things needs fixing for pvp

Kiriath
02-28-2011, 01:56 AM
First of all, not being able to loot in water is retarded. If you want to make water safezones make you unable to attack in water as well. If you want us to combat in water, let us loot also.

Combat in water but with no rewards is just griefing.

Secondly, I dont know if this is a new "feature" or just some good old exploit, but getting the message "you dont have permissions to do that" when trying to look in ppls backpack after you kill them is also pretty bad.

And lastly, getting "you cant do that" when trying to loot noob items, is this a new feature? Is the noobitems blessed now?

Kiriath
02-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Added, you killed a guy with all hes stuff in the mainbag, amor, weapons tools and random craft gear, I couldnt loot any of it, got the message "you cant do that", this exploit needs fixed.

carlosfc1986
02-28-2011, 02:40 AM
so imagine im cutting down a tree, someone aproaches and attacks me, i fight back and start wining, he will run to the water so i wont be able to loot it right? awesome mechanics,plz devs fix these things, its what trully breaks a sandbox game

Armand
02-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Yeah the water bug has been on the radar for a while I believe.

coca
02-28-2011, 05:28 AM
I think a problem has to do with the ability to set permission of bags within your main pack.. set permission on the ground pick it up .. put it in slot and now you have "banked" your pack items.

I think there are several other areas in pvp that need serious attention. the fact that armour seems to make 0% diffrence is a joke. I get 2 or 3 shotted wearing almost a full set of bear bone.. no real differnce then fighting 100% naked.

I'd like to see when you press "C" for combat mode that it instantly puts you in first person view.. since combat seems to be twitch based it make since for you to be in first person.
You should see only your hands/weapon and a small crosshair.

4th you should have an advantage if you hit someone in their back. currently it doesn't matter where you hit someone the damage modifier is the same.

3rd problem... unarmed combat is extremely op. They hit for same damage without a weapon only swing 2 times as fast? Surely this is something unintended and over looked.

Atmos
02-28-2011, 05:31 AM
it has been known for quite a while that combat / pvp in the game needs work. It has already been stated that they have hired another programmer to take this on as the world progresses.

you are not getting a complete game at launch, there is just some stuff you have to wait for.

BigCountry
02-28-2011, 05:31 AM
X2 the armor. Like coca said makes no difference what you are wearing. This is going to make for a real short lived game until he gets that implemented/fixed. In other words = crafting is pointless. lol

MrKrueak
02-28-2011, 06:54 AM
yes there is a lot of things about PVP that needs to be fixed, remember the combat mechanics are not even implemented yet either, right now combat exist as point and press 1 or 2. There is a reason why the Prelude is meant to be more about building the world rather than combat. The next phase is supposed to add the combat mechanics, tribal warfare, seiges etc.

BigCountry
02-28-2011, 07:34 AM
yes there is a lot of things about PVP that needs to be fixed, remember the combat mechanics are not even implemented yet either, right now combat exist as point and press 1 or 2. There is a reason why the Prelude is meant to be more about building the world rather than combat. The next phase is supposed to add the combat mechanics, tribal warfare, seiges etc.

armor with 0 affects on PvE/PvP needs addressed asap though (not really a combat mechanic). That's a lot of "meat and potatoes" missing from the game don't you think? That affects crafting, trading, economy, etc. all of which you need in order to "build" the world correctly.

MrKrueak
02-28-2011, 08:02 AM
armor with 0 affects on PvE/PvP needs addressed asap though (not really a combat mechanic). That's a lot of "meat and potatoes" missing from the game don't you think? That affects crafting, trading, economy, etc. all of which you need in order to "build" the world correctly.

yes you are right if armor has 0 affects, i'm sure things like that will get taken care of maybe not as fast as some would like but i'm willing to give the dev's the benefit of the doubt whether the games turns out to my taste or not i appreciate the kind of world that xyson is trying to make.

Dubanka
02-28-2011, 08:19 AM
yes you are right if armor has 0 affects, i'm sure things like that will get taken care of maybe not as fast as some would like but i'm willing to give the dev's the benefit of the doubt whether the games turns out to my taste or not i appreciate the kind of world that xyson is trying to make.

Making the equipment work as designed has got to be a priority for the dev team.

I think even the Militant Crafter Society would agree with me on this end...since the whole point of striving to achieve that next level of uber trinket is to see what it does...for it to be 'better' than the one before it.

Currently armor appears to have only negative affect on a toon.
- it increases encumbrance
- it slows you down

There is very little reason, besides vanity, to get all hussied up and go for a stroll...the most effectivet oon for fighting or scavenging is the naked one.

i'm not going to beat on the m1 + m2 click spam that is pvp right now...I just really really hope getting these mechanics adjusted...and communicating what those changes will be, is very high on the dev to-do list. High as in, numero uno priority after they get the server performance stabilized.

fflhktsn
02-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Making the equipment work as designed has got to be a priority for the dev team.

I think even the Militant Crafter Society would agree with me on this end...since the whole point of striving to achieve that next level of uber trinket is to see what it does...for it to be 'better' than the one before it.

Currently armor appears to have only negative affect on a toon.
- it increases encumbrance
- it slows you down

There is very little reason, besides vanity, to get all hussied up and go for a stroll...the most effectivet oon for fighting or scavenging is the naked one.

i'm not going to beat on the m1 + m2 click spam that is pvp right now...I just really really hope getting these mechanics adjusted...and communicating what those changes will be, is very high on the dev to-do list. High as in, numero uno priority after they get the server performance stabilized.

you forgot to add the negative effect of armor making you stick out like a sore thumb in a junk pile.

AlexTaldren
02-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I feel like combat in water should just be removed until the combat system gets reworked. Currently, it's just plain... strange. You punch down while swimming, but when you stop swimming your character is suddenly standing on top of the water.

Also, dodging and blocking are useless because there is no feedback from it. At least you hear a "contact" sound when you land a hit from swinging. I'd almost prefer to see dodge and block be actions you hold to use. As you hold them down, they drain stamina from you.

fflhktsn
02-28-2011, 10:03 AM
id almost prefer dodging and blocking to be passive (any reason i cant make a sheild in game either?) simply because the active block and dodge are not worth sacraficing swinging my weapon.

i think were barking up the wrong tree on this because the combat system is just a placeholder from what i can understand, at least it should be.

Dubanka
02-28-2011, 10:04 AM
you forgot to add the negative effect of armor making you stick out like a sore thumb in a junk pile.

I could live with that if it did what it's supposed to...I mean if i layer multiple sets of wicker on myself i should kind of resemble a walking basket and stand out some :p

should just be trade offs...

if i want to be fast, quiet and present a minimalist profile...loin cloth, moccassins and my trusty hat.

if i'm going into a fight, my opponent knows i'm coming (or i don't care if he finds out), i should be able to armor up and significantly increase my surviveability at the expense of speed, noise and of course stealth.

currently there does not exist such a trade off.

Again, this is bad for the pvp crowd AND the crafting crowd.

fflhktsn
02-28-2011, 10:06 AM
I could live with that if it did what it's supposed to...I mean if i layer multiple sets of wicker on myself i should kind of resemble a walking basket and stand out some :p

should just be trade offs...

if i want to be fast, quiet and present a minimalist profile...loin cloth, moccassins and my trusty hat.

if i'm going into a fight, my opponent knows i'm coming (or i don't care if he finds out), i should be able to armor up and significantly increase my surviveability at the expense of speed, noise and of course stealth.

currently there does not exist such a trade off.

Again, this is bad for the pvp crowd AND the crafting crowd.

wait you can layer equipment...

BigCountry
02-28-2011, 10:07 AM
At least you hear a "contact" sound when you land a hit from swinging.

Glad I am not the only one who constantly is listening for the "thump" sound.
:D

Dubanka
02-28-2011, 10:08 AM
id almost prefer dodging and blocking to be passive (any reason i cant make a sheild in game either?) simply because the active block and dodge are not worth sacraficing swinging my weapon.

i think were barking up the wrong tree on this because the combat system is just a placeholder from what i can understand, at least it should be.

agree on the dodge/parry...at least in it's current implementation...i mean with the wonky rate of actually making contact with someone why waste a swing when they're going to miss on their own ANYWAY most of the time.

and on the barking up the tree...constructive encouragement to make the fixes a priority is, in my experience, helpful when devs have multiple things to focus on.

Dubanka
02-28-2011, 10:09 AM
wait you can layer equipment...

clothes, armor on top.

fflhktsn
02-28-2011, 10:11 AM
clothes, armor on top.

your talking about the right and left side slots though...not just dragging and dropping equipment onto slots with gear already in it right....

coca
02-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Well the world building worked so damn well it bogged the server down so badly it had to be turned off....
The game is supposed to be in somewhat of a launch state in 2 weeks..
I am not going to be paying to beta test another half complete game.

You guys are FOOLS to think this is acceptable.

coca
02-28-2011, 10:19 AM
this conversation also reminds me to bring up once again the ability to ghost walk and why it is even needed without the ability to heal yourself in the world via a shrine or wondering healer..

Why do you need to walk away if you are evil your going to reapwn at the totem reguardless. 2ndly A blue respwaning after being healed has more helath and more stam than the person that just killed them and they respawn within a minute in the same place they died. Kinda dumb.. you shouldn't die and respawn and have an advantage over a guy that just kicked your arse.

I think players should have the ability to heal and respawn from another player at some point. I think gohst walking should be removed unless the option is to either gohst walk to a shrine or a healer.. or instaspawn back at your totem or starting area. player chooses which he wants to do.. spawning at the site of death 60seconds later is WRONG

fflhktsn
02-28-2011, 10:30 AM
in all honesty, a lot of us, including me, didnt know that when they said prelude they meant beta, when ordering.

this is alpha, dont get the two confused.

MrKrueak
02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Well the world building worked so damn well it bogged the server down so badly it had to be turned off....
The game is supposed to be in somewhat of a launch state in 2 weeks..
I am not going to be paying to beta test another half complete game.

You guys are FOOLS to think this is acceptable.

well i'm not going to argue whether it is acceptable or not, but anyone that did any kind of research would know that not all of the features would be there in prelude. I knew exactly what i was getting into but then again i'm not worried about the 40 bucks, i spend more than that on cigarettes in a week and twice as much in one night for a bar tab. Pocket change to me but i understand others point of view about it, even though i know xyson does and will have issue when launched i like what the devs or doing and willing to take a chance on a indie company trying to stray from the traditional MMO route. If this was a AAA title with a big budget and many more people on the team i would ahve a different opinion and expect more from them. It is amazing to me what just a couple people have done with xyson, i also have my eye out for another small team project too called "infinity quest for earth" which like xyson is almost a one man project.

Derek
02-28-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm guessing it will take the newly hired combat/AI dev about 3 weeks to really get familiar with the code and another 2-3 weeks to decide where improvements should be made. If we get something even remotely close to Mount & Blade style combat I will be very impressed.

Dubanka
02-28-2011, 10:40 AM
in all honesty, a lot of us, including me, didnt know that when they said prelude they meant beta, when ordering.

this is alpha, dont get the two confused.

+1

From the forum traffic, and what i could dig up, I thought we were getting a working product that was missing content (like most mmo's at release...). The preorder was adverstised as a 'headstart' to prelude, not a testing phase. Of course we/I assumed this would be a typical open beta/pre-release phase (tweaks and stress testing)...not 2 weeks of just getting the game to run smoothly. SO yeah, the advertising was not consistent with the product that was delivered.

all that said, the game is fairly entertaining. We will just need to see some serious progress on the gear/combat mechanics issue in the next couple months.

coca
02-28-2011, 10:54 AM
pre-launch was said to be a "headstart" I understand not everything is done..
But I don't understand how NOTHING is working 100% yet.

Crafting still has bugs.. GUI itself has bugs.. combat... simple tasks.. terraforming was to much or so it seems.. the "animals" aren't in the game yet my thought is becuase of the lag the servers couldn't handle it. simple targeting.. armour working.. fight skill or weapon damage modifiers... tons of shit not working.. what are you talking about.. it is easier to list the things that don't have problems and are working as intended at this point.. 2 weeks out.

MrKrueak
02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
pre-launch was said to be a "headstart" I understand not everything is done..
But I don't understand how NOTHING is working 100% yet.

Crafting still has bugs.. GUI itself has bugs.. combat... simple tasks.. terraforming was to much or so it seems.. the "animals" aren't in the game yet my thought is becuase of the lag the servers couldn't handle it. simple targeting.. armour working.. fight skill or weapon damage modifiers... tons of shit not working.. what are you talking about.. it is easier to list the things that don't have problems and are working as intended at this point.. 2 weeks out.

yes, you are right. like i said i'm not going to argue whether it is acceptable or not. There are tons of bugs and they may or may not be fixed come launch time. All we can do is report them the best we can and hope for the best, but don't let that make you think some are fools for trying to wait the issues out though. Yeah in the end it may have been money wasted but it won't be the first time nor last time we buy into a game mmo or not and are dissappointed.

orious13
02-28-2011, 11:13 AM
While I'm fine with paying for what they have... (by the time combat is ready, I'll have combat gear to test).

I think having dodge and/or parry a click-and-hold would actually be amazing. Parry shouldn't merely mitigate damage. I think if you parried right on their attack (instead like holding for a block) they should be stunned for like 1/3 of a second. Hell no to passive defense mechanics if it can be avoided.

Derek
02-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Notorious Games could not have been more open about the state of the game. There never was an NDA. For almost a year preorder players have been making YouTube videos and posting their thoughts on the game for all to see. Any questions or concerns would have been honestly answered here on the forums before purchase . If anyone feels mislead, it is no one's fault but their own. It's not like NG is trying to lure players into the preorder and take their money. They will and have refunded preorder purchases for anyone who wishes to do so before the official launch.

Zephyr
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
(snip)
the fact that armour seems to make 0% diffrence is a joke.

I'd like to see when you press "C" for combat mode that it instantly puts you in first person view..

you should have an advantage if you hit someone in their back. currently it doesn't matter where you hit someone the damage modifier is the same.

unarmed combat is extremely op.

These are all excellent points. I am perfectly willing to bide my time for months waiting for combat to be addressed. An occasional word from the devs that these things are being worked on, however, is highly appreciated.

Chavoda
02-28-2011, 11:19 AM
All I can say is welcome to Indy game development. if were lucky in a few years we look back and think holy crap how did we survive that! if unlucky we think such a shame the game had huge promise.

It will take a year or so before you can come in as a new player and think OMG why dint i play this before! until that time the game will see loads of bugs in basic game play. this game is doing what no game has managed before it pushes the boundary's of known game design. it will make mistakes by adding features that work better on paper then actually in game. being part of this is part of the adventure itself.

So yea, people exploit backpacks atm, its a known exploit and will be fixed, pre-order weapons are soul bound so no you cant take it. not able to loot in water is a bug/exploit as well, it will be fixed as soon as possible, but you as small time indy supporter will have to realize that some bugs will be fixed before others or even completely ignored in favor of new features until the "as soon as possible" time to fix it has arrived.

BigCountry
02-28-2011, 11:27 AM
A lot of the stuff mentioned in this thread (the armor in particular) are basic elements of a video game though, and they are currently missing. I think that's why people are a little worried. hehe

orious13
02-28-2011, 12:08 PM
A lot of the stuff mentioned in this thread (the armor in particular) are basic elements of a video game though, and they are currently missing. I think that's why people are a little worried. hehe

Armor means nothing until combat is fixed. Armor is in fact under combat as a subset. For without combat, one need not care about how much defense anything provides.

Combat fixes will encompass weapons and armor alike as well as the actual combat gameplay.

So when I saw "combat isn't finallized" I included armor and weapon use into the mix. Worried, I am not.

BigCountry
02-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Armor means nothing until combat is fixed.

? It's not broke, it's just not what he envisioned it to be. Combat still works.

Armor not doing anything = broke. Broke bad.

Some guy/girl spends all morning crafting an elite set of bone armor then gets killed to a naked dude with a starting weapon = NOT good for the game....regardless of what build/state it's in. That derails everything, the purpose to craft, the purpose to fight. Why else play the game outside of sims building if crafting is worthless?

orious13
02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
? It's not broke, it's just not what he envisioned it to be. Combat still works.

Armor not doing anything = broke. Broke bad.
lol

Combat needs to be fixed. Weapons and Armor are part of combat. I wouldn't put stats on combat gear if the gameplay of the combat system was already going to change.

BigCountry
02-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Combat needs to be fixed. Weapons and Armor are part of combat. I wouldn't put stats on combat gear if the gameplay of the combat system was already going to change.

I agree, but you at least have to put something on it. You lose far too much value as a customer paying for your product if it's missing. People will leave. It's too standard of an option missing for a video game. And people leaving affects us all since this is a sandbox. We don't want anyone to leave. :(

orious13
02-28-2011, 12:59 PM
I agree, but you at least have to put something on it. You lose far too much value as a customer paying for your product if it's missing. People will leave. It's too standard of an option missing for a video game. And people leaving affects us all since this is a sandbox. We don't want anyone to leave. :(

Yes that's true. Well, the devs did say (obviously they don't want to give every bit away) that something like leather would at least protect for "stabbing" or "piercing" and that the weapons already had uses (not sure if it isn't turned on or what). So my thought was that a dagger doesn't have code for "stabbing weapon" yet, which would render the stabbing protection useless.

My thoughts are that while everyone is busy building their area, they'll be fixing that stuff. I just don't think anyone should worry too much until the 2 months of free play is over.

Chavoda
02-28-2011, 01:09 PM

Gota agree here, even if its just a stupit add 25% on all armor dam reduction. it makes it worth to have and wear. it is doing someting then instead of just looks and giving a feeling you waisted time crafting someting nobody needs or wants (besites looks)

atm its a wana look cool thing you leave at camp when you go on the nude war campain :)

jokhul
02-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Xsyon has a planned feature list that would make the developer team of Vanguard faint. And that was a fairly sizeable team.

I keep on hearing about things that will only be available at launch, because they are currently "turned off" or "ready, but just not ingame". Reminds me a bit of Mortal Online tbh... there is no miracle patch, and never will be.

If you don't like the way Xsyon plays atm, I doubt you will be happy a month or two from now. Things are definitely not going to change overnight. They will most likely change slowly over the next 6 months.

As more features and systems are added, the process slows down, because the code base becomes more and more complicated and interrelated. Things that were working get broken, and the patch that fixes them breaks a totally different feature. Exploits will appear and need urgent fixing (temporarily halting work on everything else). That's the nature of the beast.

coca
02-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Armor means nothing until combat is fixed. Armor is in fact under combat as a subset. For without combat, one need not care about how much defense anything provides.

Combat fixes will encompass weapons and armor alike as well as the actual combat gameplay.

So when I saw "combat isn't finallized" I included armor and weapon use into the mix. Worried, I am not.

armor is used when fighting the animals used to supply the "bones" to use a crafting skill that is supposedly working fine. Don't start with symantics.

coca
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes that's true. Well, the devs did say (obviously they don't want to give every bit away) that something like leather would at least protect for "stabbing" or "piercing" and that the weapons already had uses (not sure if it isn't turned on or what). So my thought was that a dagger doesn't have code for "stabbing weapon" yet, which would render the stabbing protection useless.

My thoughts are that while everyone is busy building their area, they'll be fixing that stuff. I just don't think anyone should worry too much until the 2 months of free play is over.

I don't want to be busy building my area.. I want to kill you take my stuff.
You can farm resources.. I'll farm you.

orious13
02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
armor is used when fighting the animals used to supply the "bones" to use a crafting skill that is supposedly working fine. Don't start with symantics.

The point is. In most games they strive to show off combat at the top of the list. This game does not. Crafting is working because it is more important. Combat is secondary ...or tertiary at the moment. The current system was probably created so that you could at least support crafting. Not sure what you're trying to say really. Combat still needs to be fixed and armor and weapons are in that category.

I don't want to be busy building my area.. I want to kill you take my stuff.
You can farm resources.. I'll farm you.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not really the point of prelude. You can try though.

coca
02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Xsyon has a planned feature list that would make the developer team of Vanguard faint. And that was a fairly sizeable team.

I keep on hearing about things that will only be available at launch, because they are currently "turned off" or "ready, but just not ingame". Reminds me a bit of Mortal Online tbh... there is no miracle patch, and never will be.

If you don't like the way Xsyon plays atm, I doubt you will be happy a month or two from now. Things are definitely not going to change overnight. They will most likely change slowly over the next 6 months.

As more features and systems are added, the process slows down, because the code base becomes more and more complicated and interrelated. Things that were working get broken, and the patch that fixes them breaks a totally different feature. Exploits will appear and need urgent fixing (temporarily halting work on everything else). That's the nature of the beast.

I'm not sure where you are going with the MO compairison.. if you actually played it you would have seen that the game FAILED HORRIBLY becuase they failed to implement working things at launch and tried to hot patch all the fixes.. (2 weeks till launch) seems like Xyson is heading down the same road..

Now on to the "if you don't like xyson's game play now" Are you serious... hell to the nah.. I don't like its current game play.. however it has a ton of potential you can see it the first few minutes of logging on... It is fun and imaginative enough to make me want to stay.. and I plan on it. I will knock systems, policies and designs that are borken and need work.. thats what I do. The fact Xyson has people like me and Big Country posting about this stuff is because we do like this game and want to see it succeed. It would be very easy for me to just uninstall get my 40 bucks back and
be done with it.

Dubanka
02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Crafting is working because it is more important.

Is crafting working if the items don't actually do anything? I don't think so. Making the gear (weapons and armor) have functional purpose is of paramount importance to both the pve and pvp community.

neestas
02-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Is crafting working if the items don't actually do anything? I don't think so. Making the gear (weapons and armor) have functional purpose is of paramount importance to both the pve and pvp community.

What's your bonecraft skill? What's your weaponcraft skill? Find it amusing that thread contains a total of 2 non February posts.

Does stuff work? I don't know. I'll be able to tell after I get my crafts to 60-75. All I know is that my tribes fisherman is quite happy with his new fishing rod made by me with 60 toolscraft skill. Atm you look to me like someone yelling "SCAVANGING DOESN'T WORK" who is at 5 scavanging skill and sitting on dirt.

coca
02-28-2011, 04:17 PM
You look to me like someone that must not actually play the game. Take the foot out of your mouth and go try on a nice set of player made armor. Go equip a weapon and fight someone naked with no weapon.
I have 30 bone crafting not a HUGE amount but my full made bear set of armor literally does NOTHING but look pretty and make me a more valuable target. I unlike you actually play the game and interact with alot of people.
We aren't just dreaming this stuff up. You try getting 30 bone crafting in a world where you might find one bear every hour or two if your super lucky and have several people looking for you.
Do you really think skills shouldn't have any noticable difference until they are atleast 60-70.. why have 1-59 if that is the case.. LOL... And any tribe that doesn't have most all of the tools just from sharing with each other is already FAIL.

Kiriath
02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
hey hey hey now.

this thread was started to discuss the loot bugs, not armor values/lack of, or features.

first priority should of course be to fix the data integrity, they claim to have done this, so next one should be lag, their working on this now so big hurray on that too, next should be basic functionality like allready implementet features working as intented, this included being able to loot ppl you kill, 100% of the time, not just the 20% of times when you kill a guy who havent figured out how to exploit the system yet.

I have a feeling theres two causes to this problem, first of course ppl set their bags to private, that prevents you from looking at em, but secondly theres also a way to prevent ppl from looting your equipped gear. I would guess it has something to do with moving away from your corpse as fast as you can after you die, so the guy trying to loot you gets the error message "you cant do that" because the server thinks hes "outta range" from the items he wants to loot.

Im no programmer so I have no idea how hard/easy this is to fix, but it needs to be very high priority. Without loot from combat, theres no point to combat, with no point to combat theres not much point to this game at all. Especially now with wipes looming on the horizon and how half the city building features are disabled at the moment.

So heres a frindly go go at the devs. Fix them bugs =)

Haphazard
02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
I agree - just make water a safe zone for now - or just get rid of the looting mechanic. I like looting, but don't really think it is the be all and end all of allowing me to enjoy PVP. (now sieging and burning down someone's house is a whole different matter...)

Kiriath
02-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Actually, after just fighting a naked guy with no weapons, and him doing the same damage as I did in full craftet gear ive changed my mind, making gear actually matter is more important than having looting working.

As it is now theres no point in running around with anything, doing anything.

neestas
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
You look to me like someone that must not actually play the game. Take the foot out of your mouth and go try on a nice set of player made armor. Go equip a weapon and fight someone naked with no weapon.
I have 30 bone crafting not a HUGE amount but my full made bear set of armor literally does NOTHING but look pretty and make me a more valuable target. I unlike you actually play the game and interact with alot of people.
We aren't just dreaming this stuff up. You try getting 30 bone crafting in a world where you might find one bear every hour or two if your super lucky and have several people looking for you.
Do you really think skills shouldn't have any noticable difference until they are atleast 60-70.. why have 1-59 if that is the case.. LOL... And any tribe that doesn't have most all of the tools just from sharing with each other is already FAIL.

Do you know what quality stuff you craft with 30 skill? Here's a hint, you get new quality each 15 skill points. So the one you made is just 1 level above garbage. Actually, if I remember right it's lower quality/durability than the quality and durability of starter tools.
Getting skills is hard? Ohh noes. Go tell that to the scrubs in other thread which are crying about lack of content. Besides that, getting 30 bonecrafting skill is a matter of 1-2 hours work if you start as bonecrafter. Solo. If you do it as a tribe it's 30 mins work tops.
1 bear per hour? Your crew is bad at hunting.

Do I know that armor and/or weapons get better with better quality/durability? I don't. But neither do you. Why QQ about something you have no idea about? Calm the fuck down, explore what is in the game and only then come to forums crying about what isn't.

coca
02-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Lawls.

I never complained that gaining bonecrafting was too hard. I assume you have 30+ bone crafting? It would seem to me that even just one grass armor peice and one weapon should give a person of like skills and stats an edge over the person with neither.

Don't tell me to calm down.. you want me to "explore the world" I'm the motherfocker running around keeping you punks hiding in your safezones, knitting pink tank tops and grass baskets. I'm all over the map.. I see whats out there.

coca
02-28-2011, 07:06 PM
*sniff sniff*

Kiriath
02-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Do you know what quality stuff you craft with 30 skill? Here's a hint, you get new quality each 15 skill points. So the one you made is just 1 level above garbage. Actually, if I remember right it's lower quality/durability than the quality and durability of starter tools.
Getting skills is hard? Ohh noes. Go tell that to the scrubs in other thread which are crying about lack of content. Besides that, getting 30 bonecrafting skill is a matter of 1-2 hours work if you start as bonecrafter. Solo. If you do it as a tribe it's 30 mins work tops.
1 bear per hour? Your crew is bad at hunting.

Do I know that armor and/or weapons get better with better quality/durability? I don't. But neither do you. Why QQ about something you have no idea about? Calm the fuck down, explore what is in the game and only then come to forums crying about what isn't.

Lol?

So just because they are poor quality my axes shouldnt do more damage when I smash em into someones head than a 25 skill fistfighter??

And just because my armor is poor quality, it shouldnt protect any better than being completely naked?

Wake up dude, no need to be a raging fanboy, we all like the game. Some things just needs changed.

Dubanka
02-28-2011, 11:22 PM
not changed.
fixed.

broken mechanics need to be fixed.

Find it amusing that thread contains a total of 2 non February posts.
i'm sorry our reg date doesnt suit you...
but the current state of game mechanics will have people leaving in droves if it is not attended to very rapidly.

of course then you could craft in peace, so i'm sure you'd dig it.

neestas
02-28-2011, 11:56 PM
i'm sorry our reg date doesnt suit you...
but the current state of game mechanics will have people leaving in droves if it is not attended to very rapidly.

of course then you could craft in peace, so i'm sure you'd dig it.

Sorry to surprise your mighty PvP leetness, but I am in evil tribe and kill people daily myself.

Another try at making a tool out of yourself go.

darth_vato
02-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Added, you killed a guy with all hes stuff in the mainbag, amor, weapons tools and random craft gear, I couldnt loot any of it, got the message "you cant do that", this exploit needs fixed.
Yeah, I'm Jesus. As I was trying to tell you I wasn't purposefully exploiting. I didn't even know you couldn't loot that basket. I just picked it up and put it on.

BigCountry
03-01-2011, 05:34 AM
I think if Xsyon could just add modifiers on the armor asap we would be ok for now. I can live with the combat mechanics, yeah they suck, but I can live with them for now. I cannot live with zero modifiers to armor. That is just too basic of an element to be missing from a video game. Everyone is just going to be running around naked and that will get old hard and fast...

Lerxst
03-01-2011, 05:51 AM
hey hey hey now.

this thread was started to discuss the loot bugs, not armor values/lack of, or features.

first priority should of course be to fix the data integrity, they claim to have done this, so next one should be lag, their working on this now so big hurray on that too, next should be basic functionality like allready implementet features working as intented, this included being able to loot ppl you kill, 100% of the time, not just the 20% of times when you kill a guy who havent figured out how to exploit the system yet.

I have a feeling theres two causes to this problem, first of course ppl set their bags to private, that prevents you from looking at em, but secondly theres also a way to prevent ppl from looting your equipped gear. I would guess it has something to do with moving away from your corpse as fast as you can after you die, so the guy trying to loot you gets the error message "you cant do that" because the server thinks hes "outta range" from the items he wants to loot.

Im no programmer so I have no idea how hard/easy this is to fix, but it needs to be very high priority. Without loot from combat, theres no point to combat, with no point to combat theres not much point to this game at all. Especially now with wipes looming on the horizon and how half the city building features are disabled at the moment.

So heres a frindly go go at the devs. Fix them bugs =)

Yeah, I think it's time we refocus this thread a bit.

I'm sure we all have theories about why we can't loot corpses. One, I suspect, is setting bags to private. The other, I suspect, might have something to do with distance. Ever try opening a bag you're slightly out of range from? Given the lag and registration issues with PvP, I wouldn't be surprised if the server thinks people are dying several feet away from the place they're actually dying.

Water looting? I mean, really... do you expect to be able to? Last I knew no one had re-invented SCUBA gear yet. Makes perfect sense if you kill someone in water their corpse sinks and you lose out on the loot; next time wait for them to get out of the water.

coca
03-01-2011, 05:52 AM
you said old and hard uh huh huh.....

coca
03-01-2011, 06:02 AM
I topic of the thread is a couple of things need to be fixed for pvp.

Thats a good angle on the water looting though, about the corpse sinking.. maybe we should have a diving skill? I don't know. Something will need to be tweaked to prevent all fighting from happening at the shore lines. I can see when someone gets one hit from death they just jump into the water and emote laughter as they die. People will make a point to travel with resources along the shore line to lessen the chance of being killed and loosing it. It will definatly alter game play if it is left how it currently works.

BigCountry
03-01-2011, 06:06 AM
Or worse people will just terraform water holes in and around their territory and just jump into them when close to death...lol

Dubanka
03-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Sorry to surprise your mighty PvP leetness, but I am in evil tribe and kill people daily myself.

Another try at making a tool out of yourself go.

I make no claim to pvp l337d0m...i'm average at best despite working at it for many years :p

And so i'm confused. If you profess to be of the pvp bent, why would you not want the gear mechanics to work correctly. I mean do we seriously want to play a game where you have to grind an ability from 25-70+ before you see any benefit from the equipment you make? I know i wont, and i'm pretty sure the folks i'm with wouldnt either...yeah i know, good riddance...but thats $150/month gone poof.

I know, not a lot of money in grand scheme of things, but, when you mulitply that by 10, 20, 100, you do start to see real funds and it does start to matter...and if we don't get the broken mechanics fixed asap I have a feeling you will see a pretty large exodos from the world in 2 months.

neestas
03-01-2011, 07:05 AM
I make no claim to pvp l337d0m...i'm average at best despite working at it for many years :p

And so i'm confused. If you profess to be of the pvp bent, why would you not want the gear mechanics to work correctly. I mean do we seriously want to play a game where you have to grind an ability from 25-70+ before you see any benefit from the equipment you make? I know i wont, and i'm pretty sure the folks i'm with wouldnt either...yeah i know, good riddance...but thats $150/month gone poof.

I know, not a lot of money in grand scheme of things, but, when you mulitply that by 10, 20, 100, you do start to see real funds and it does start to matter...and if we don't get the broken mechanics fixed asap I have a feeling you will see a pretty large exodos from the world in 2 months.

I don't know where you take from that armor doesn't work. It does work fine (well at least semi fine, need mroe tests with good armor sets) for me. Even the 30-40 skill leather one if in full set reduces damage from 3/4-1/2 hp taken away from one swing (naked) to 1/3-1/4 being taken away in one swing (full crappy leather set) by same person.

Dubanka
03-01-2011, 07:08 AM
I don't know where you take from that armor doesn't work. It does work fine (well at least semi fine, need mroe tests with good armor sets) for me. Even the 30-40 skill leather one if in full set reduces damage from 3/4-1/2 hp taken away from one swing (naked) to 1/3-1/4 being taken away in one swing (full crappy leather set) by same person.

did tests with bone last night. 30 skill set, damage redux as compared to nekkid was negiligible...and most definitely not worth the speed/encumb hit.

grass armor does nothing but slow you down.

have not tested cloth or leather to any major degree.

neestas
03-01-2011, 07:12 AM
did tests with bone last night. 30 skill set, damage redux as compared to nekkid was negiligible...and most definitely not worth the speed/encumb hit.

grass armor does nothing but slow you down.

have not tested cloth or leather to any major degree.

Well, bone set which a friend looted yesterday reduces damage to 1/4 hp bar per swing. Preorder axe of course, 90 str etc. Die in 2 hits or die in 4 hits. Doesn't sound negligable to me. Furthermore, encumbrace hit from it is ver small.
Haven't tested grass since well... It's good to scare crows and look funny.

Dubanka
03-01-2011, 07:18 AM
would like some other folks to chime in.

bone vs. preorder pick was ~1/3 bar
nekkid vs. preorder pick was slightly more than 1/3 bar, but less than a half.

coca
03-01-2011, 07:38 AM
I call BS... a couple of people in my tribe stood still and swung tested with and without armour several times of several sorts unarmed and armed with several types of weapons. The only thing armor changed was slowing down your swing rate.
Now I'll be honest I didn't try leather or cloth.. but I used bear, deer and grass.

We specifically tested these issues. We didn't just run around pvping random people and base off of assumptions or highly varible data.

neestas
03-01-2011, 07:47 AM
I call BS... a couple of people in my tribe stood still and swung tested with and without armour several times of several sorts unarmed and armed with several types of weapons. The only thing armor changed was slowing down your swing rate.
Now I'll be honest I didn't try leather or cloth.. but I used bear, deer and grass.

We specifically tested these issues. We didn't just run around pvping random people and base off of assumptions or highly varible data.

Bear/deer armor. lol. You do know that there is large variety of armor sets in each crafting proffession? Not just omg bear bone! Must be tought!

Shows how reliable your extended tests are and your knowledge on the subject.

coca
03-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm not in game and don't remember all the spellings and subset of each type of armor.. troll more? You get the idea, I've tried several armor types and none seem to make a difference, your missing the point, a naked person of like stats and skill levels does as much and takes the same damage as an armed and suited player. Your making yourself look like a HUGE jackass.

BigCountry
03-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Armor does nothing at the moment.

I have PvP'd a lot in this game, under a lot of scenarios.