PDA

View Full Version : So is this true about PvP?

Uzik
03-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Pre-ordered this ages ago, but haven't played at all.

Been hearing a lot lately about some very serious restrictions on PvP.

Is it true that if someone continually tries to steal something from a junk pile in your village, and you keep killing them, you will get in trouble?

What type of PvP are you allowed to engage in then?

Is this just for the prelude?

Aramanu
03-03-2011, 06:15 AM
ATM there's no alignment ingame so it's pretty much FFA, but eventully this will be added:
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/32-Conflict-Death-Consequences-and-Decisions

Concerning your question i don't think you will be banned if you keep killing someone who encroaches on your land even if they keep coming back.

Proto
03-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Hey Uzik!!

bruisie159
03-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Pre-ordered this ages ago, but haven't played at all.

Been hearing a lot lately about some very serious restrictions on PvP.

Is it true that if someone continually tries to steal something from a junk pile in your village, and you keep killing them, you will get in trouble?

At the moment if someone is on your tribe land and you attack them they are not allowed to fight back. So actually the situation is very much in the tribes favour.

BigCountry
03-03-2011, 06:43 AM
At the moment if someone is on your tribe land and you attack them they are not allowed to fight back. So actually the situation is very much in the tribes favour.

As it should. Stay off their land.

You have to be more creative to lure them out if you want to kill them.
:D

NexAnima
03-03-2011, 06:51 AM

Unfortunately this is a necessary evil, since nothing will stop players from being douche bags. Which is the end result once prelude ends...

jumpshot
03-03-2011, 07:16 AM

This is not true at all.

Proto
03-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately this is a necessary evil, since nothing will stop players from being douche bags. Which is the end result once prelude ends...

ok chicken little, the sky is falling too!

NexAnima
03-03-2011, 02:21 PM
ok chicken little, the sky is falling too!

It's been proven many times over... Given the ability, players will abuse and expoit to get an edge and internet anonymity creates adolescent tough guys. Time will tell won't it.

Zephyr
03-03-2011, 02:27 PM

(Note: the following applies once the Alignment system is turned on)

It depends on what you mean by "get in trouble." If you are a member of a good-aligned tribe, and you kill a non-evil character, then you will lose good alignment and (if you do it enough times) be automatically kicked from the tribe. This is certainly "trouble," but not like you'll be banned from the game. Supposedly you'll be given an option not to kill an enemy you defeat, but simply "knock them out" somehow, and to do this will not cause you to lose alignment.

If you choose to go with an evil alignment, you can do whatever you like, more or less.

kaisergod
03-03-2011, 02:58 PM
It's been proven many times over... Given the ability, players will abuse and expoit to get an edge and internet anonymity creates adolescent tough guys. Time will tell won't it.

If im understanding your comments right, youre basically complaining that people playing the game, as intended, and using mechanics in the game which ar eintended, such as being able to steal from other tribes.... theyre douchebags? And because you feel theyre douchebags for playing a different way than you, youre also equating what i said about playing the game as intended with "exploiting" and "adolescent tough guys".

I think someone needs a virtual hug.

Proto
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM

If someone is a douchebag they're going to be a douchebag regardless of whether or not the prelude is over or not..

Safeholds isn't going to change that, they'll just find a different way of being a douchebag.

Aethaeryn
03-03-2011, 03:24 PM
I assume you are referring to the post about the conversation with the Devs/Guides that someone posted. They have left it to their discretion on what is griefing . . for better or worse. I would think if the player kept coming back knowing you would "get in trouble" for killing him repeatedly then he would actually be the one griefing and I am sure the guides would look at it as such.

kaisergod
03-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I assume you are referring to the post about the conversation with the Devs/Guides that someone posted. They have left it to their discretion on what is griefing . . for better or worse. I would think if the player kept coming back knowing you would "get in trouble" for killing him repeatedly then he would actually be the one griefing and I am sure the guides would look at it as such.

Thank god someone has some common sense. Griefing is not strictly limited to killing another player, and especially not in every situation. If a player is encroaching on your tribal territory, you have the right to defend your land & items. Doesnt matte rif they take anything or not, if i feel like it i could drop everyone who even sets fit on my land as they would be considered trespassers, and there is no way they could claim i was doing anything wrong as i am not going anywhere to do anything to them.

If someone is stupid enough to keep coming back to your land and not expect t get killed after you did it the first time or 2, its their own fault. In fact if it were up to me, anyone found to be purposely entering other peoples land to get killed repeatedly and then try to report them as griefers to get them punished, should themselves be banned.

Dirt
03-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Doesn't sound unreasonable. I would hope douches are treated as such and am confident they will be. This game will be the one that spanks the bad kids to make them understand. Finally.

Proto
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Doesn't sound unreasonable. I would hope douches are treated as such and am confident they will be. This game will be the one that spanks the bad kids to make them understand. Finally.

pfft, those people probably deserved to be griefed.

boomer0901
03-03-2011, 09:38 PM

So very true, this kind of stuff happened very little 15 years ago, now you can almost guarantee that this crowd moves in and destroys a game then moves on to the next one, we can only hope that this crowd doesn't stay long enough here to do permanent damage

NexAnima
03-04-2011, 04:14 AM
If im understanding your comments right, youre basically complaining that people playing the game, as intended, and using mechanics in the game which ar eintended, such as being able to steal from other tribes.... theyre douchebags? And because you feel theyre douchebags for playing a different way than you, youre also equating what i said about playing the game as intended with "exploiting" and "adolescent tough guys".

I think someone needs a virtual hug.
I guess your not understanding my comment properly. I must have forgotten the post I made saying playing the game as intended equals exploiting. Oh wait, I didn't post that. By adolescent tough guys and douchebags, well...we can all see who I'm talking about.

FabricSoftener
03-04-2011, 05:37 AM
the game doesnt have a combat engine yet. Exactly how long do people think it takes to build a combat engine for an MMO? If a few months then I need to get in on that racket!

kaisergod
03-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I guess your not understanding my comment properly. I must have forgotten the post I made saying playing the game as intended equals exploiting. Oh wait, I didn't post that. By adolescent tough guys and douchebags, well...we can all see who I'm talking about.

I think its very clear too... the guy calling everyone else a douchebag for playing the game the way they want because its not the same way they play.

You responded earlier in the thread to someone who pointed out attacking someone on your own land and them not ebing able to attack back. You sai dit is a necessary evil because people will be douchebags, even moreso once Prelude ends (as in, once safezones are removed). So yes, youre calling other for being douchebags for attacking other tribes/players once safezones are removed.... aka PLAYING THE GAME AS INTENDED. Someone called you chicken little, and you replied back with your own assumptions, apparently based on your massive inexperience with MMOs, that people will abuse & exploit if given the chance.

Now, combine the 2 posts you made. In 1 you basically said people are douchebags if they attack other people's land. And the next when someone called you chicken little for saying that, you replied back about abusing & exploiting.

Attacking / stealing from other peoples land is an intended feature/mechanic of the game, and youre lumping that right in with people being douchebags and being exploiters.

NexAnima
03-04-2011, 05:01 PM
I think its very clear too... the guy calling everyone else a douchebag for playing the game the way they want because its not the same way they play.

You responded earlier in the thread to someone who pointed out attacking someone on your own land and them not ebing able to attack back. You sai dit is a necessary evil because people will be douchebags, even moreso once Prelude ends (as in, once safezones are removed). So yes, youre calling other for being douchebags for attacking other tribes/players once safezones are removed.... aka PLAYING THE GAME AS INTENDED. Someone called you chicken little, and you replied back with your own assumptions, apparently based on your massive inexperience with MMOs, that people will abuse & exploit if given the chance.

Now, combine the 2 posts you made. In 1 you basically said people are douchebags if they attack other people's land. And the next when someone called you chicken little for saying that, you replied back about abusing & exploiting.

Attacking / stealing from other peoples land is an intended feature/mechanic of the game, and youre lumping that right in with people being douchebags and being exploiters.

I wonder how you seem to be coming to these conclusion. So I guess I will try to break it down a bit.

1.) You responded earlier in the thread to someone who pointed out attacking someone on your own land and them not ebing able to attack back. You sai dit is a necessary evil because people will be douchebags, even moreso once Prelude ends (as in, once safezones are removed).

The necessary evil not not being able to kill without being killed. It is having the safezones. Here's why, If there were no safezones I can say with complete certainty a tribe would be formed for the sole purpose of ruining players ability to start anything as a tribe just to hear them rage. To say this would not happen is absolute fantasy. Now unfortunately you could have it so there is no Pvp in the safezone but now you have some asshat/s who now becomes untouchable, free to annoy just for the purpose to do so. And I'm sorry Griefing is not a valid playstyle as deemed by almost all MMOs (for the simple reason is it bad for business).

2.) So yes, youre calling other for being douchebags for attacking other tribes/players once safezones are removed.... aka PLAYING THE GAME AS INTENDED.

The term "Douche bag" was never used once to describe legit PvP, which is not "imma ruin your day because I R insecure or bullied IRL". If you can't tell the difference then your either ignorant or the latter.

3.) Someone called you chicken little, and you replied back with your own assumptions, apparently based on your massive inexperience with MMOs, that people will abuse & exploit if given the chance..

Once again, if you think every one holds hands and follows the rules, your either ignorant or part of the problem. Exploiting, cheating and griefing are not some mass conspiracy created by the media, they have names for a reason, because they happen. And you can't BS me on the fact if most had the power to do something even if it was wrong to get ahead, they wouldn't take that chance....Hmm...Why is there so much crime in the world? You don't know me or games I have played, so really, lets leave out assumptions of my gaming career to where it was.

3.5.) Now, combine the 2 posts you made. In 1 you basically said people are douchebags if they attack other people's land. And the next when someone called you chicken little for saying that, you replied back about abusing & exploiting.

Lose your place? You already touched on this...

4.) Attacking / stealing from other peoples land is an intended feature/mechanic of the game, and youre lumping that right in with people being douchebags and being exploiters.

But then again, I'm not talking about intended features. I'm talking about assholes being assholes for the sake of being assholes. Which is not an intended feature, hence the Anti-griefing policy enforced by the staff.

So in summary, Yea I'm going so say you miss every one of my points and are pretty much arguing to just to argue. but hey have fun...