PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this picture?

tredo
03-04-2011, 06:55 AM
This is getting ridiculous.... Jordi has tried to make changes to almost every play style that has been brought up. Why is it that one player has to say another player is doing this... or another player is doing that... I know I am, as well as many others that I have developed friendships with over the last year here, are so tired of hearing about she did this, or he did that.. just play the game! This community is filling up with allot of; "the game needs to be like this" or "the game needs to be like that" or "she touched my land" or "they looked at me wrong!"

What is wrong with you people... I enjoy playing the game the way I enjoy playing it... I don't bother anyone, and no one bothers me! I do my own thing and let others do theirs. There are allot of players like this... there are several tribes like this... why does there have to be those that come into a game and after a few days start this crap of "this is all wrong the way the dev team is doing this game, it needs to be done like this instead!" Instead of coming into a game that you have only been a part of for a few days or a few weeks demanding that things get changed or complaining about the way the game works, make a suggestion, there is a place for that! Put in some time testing, try to find a bug or something... try and be a valued part of the community instead of a pain in the &%@ to other players as well as the developers.

The original community, ones with at least 10 months of play time, on a whole are really sick of hearing about all the pvp, tribe land this tribe land that, homestead this homestead that... just think about what you're doing. Would you go to a new friends house and tell them that you don't like their furniture and tell them it needs to be moved? How about go to a new job and tell them that the building they are in is dumb and they need to change it? The last time you got pulled over for speeding, did you tell the officer that there was someone following you too close so you were speeding to get away from them? All this sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it? Well so does coming into a game and telling the dev team what to do to change it, or complaining about the way another player is playing the game.

If you don't like it, make a suggestion like the rest of us do.. or simply don't play the game.

Oh and for ToS purposes this is in no way directed at any one person or tribe.. this is in no way calling out a group of players... this is a community wide observation and I am simply sharing my thoughts on the matter. I do not need anyone to agree or disagree with me, nor do I require any flamage! It is simply a plea to the community to try and make things better here in the forums as well as in game. Guys / Girls it's just a game, play the way you want.. let others play the way they wont and please, let the dev team make the best game they can for us all!

FabricSoftener
03-04-2011, 07:00 AM
I find reading the forums very mesmerizing. To me I am thinking, ok is the game actually going to go live? is it going to really have a combat engine? what will the combat engine be like? will the server with a real pve population, terraforming, large villages actually handle the game? Will armor actually make a difference? Will weapons make a difference given unarmed combat being so powerful? will there actually ever be farming? replanting of trees? will cooking actually be implemented? taming? just to name a few

and yet all we read on the forums is, 'is the existing pvp rules fair'

wow...amazing

Mactavendish
03-04-2011, 07:06 AM
This game was always supposed to be a game that simulates a post-apocalyptic world where survival was the important thing and it would evolve later into many other possible directions depending on the players.

The developers set the stage, we are the actors in the play, but the Developer gives us the part to play, not us. It is up to us to act or not.

I personally like the play that has been written and really want to see how it develops. I also know that it is a dynamic play that will change over time, and I am willing to go through the good additions as well as the bad, since after all it is a simulation of a possible real world environment.

I actually am not so self-centered to think that MY vision should trump the developer's vision. I say, go for it Jordi... do what you will and I will play along and act my part as scripted.

:D

baka77
03-04-2011, 07:09 AM
The original community, ones with at least 10 months of play time, on a whole are really sick of hearing about all the pvp, tribe land this tribe land that, homestead this homestead that... just think about what you're doing. Would you go to a new friends house and tell them that you don't like their furniture and tell them it needs to be moved? How about go to a new job and tell them that the building they are in is dumb and they need to change it? The last time you got pulled over for speeding, did you tell the officer that there was someone following you too close so you were speeding to get away from them? All this sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it? Well so does coming into a game and telling the dev team what to do to change it, or complaining about the way another player is playing the game.

Self-righteous much?

And you analogies are WAY off base. You don't PAY your friends to look at their furniture. You don't PAY your boss to give him real estate advice. You don't PAY a cop (well sort of, via taxes) to pull you over. My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money" (we get elections & courts to deal with cops lol).

You lose sight of the fact that ultimately Jordi decides whether suggestions are worthy of implementation or not. Really, all these threads about pvp & homesteads & what not are just suggestions. Jordi will choose which ideas work for his game & which will not. These suggestions may not be made in the same tone as you might like, but guess what? Those people are not here to please YOU. Ultimately, it seems like you're most mad about the semantics of where/how people are posting their suggestions. LOL

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns.

So....just relax. If you don't like reading suggestions & debates, steer clear of the forums. :)

Boojie
03-04-2011, 07:10 AM
100% with you there Tredo.

At one point almost every thread in this section was a poll.
No game is going to cater to everyone, so use what is in game, and if it doesn't appeal, then that's a shame and move on.
Perhaps the problem has partly come about because the devs have, until very recently, been incredibly accessible and amenable.
I am a programmer myself, and have no idea how Jordi gets anything done.

When I joined, in early Feb, I was blown away by the 'I dunno what to do/where to go' feeling.

The one positive though, is that folk are at least passionate about it, whether positively or negatively, they still see a gem of a game.

Anyway, I'm off to do some fishing and look for some basalt :)

FabricSoftener
03-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Self-righteous much?

And you analogies are WAY off base. You don't PAY your friends to look at their furniture. You don't PAY your boss to give him real estate advice. You don't PAY a cop (well sort of, via taxes) to pull you over. My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money" (we get elections & courts to deal with cops lol).

You lose sight of the fact that ultimately Jordi decides whether suggestions are worthy of implementation or not. Really, all these threads about pvp & homesteads & what not are just suggestions. Jordi will choose which ideas work for his game & which will not. These suggestions may not be made in the same tone as you might like, but guess what? Those people are not here to please YOU. Ultimately, it seems like you're most mad about the semantics of where/how people are posting their suggestions. LOL

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns.

So....just relax. If you don't like reading suggestions & debates, steer clear of the forums. :)

If your running a fine steak house people have the right to come in and suggest the cook have crawfish on the menu with a cajun band playing every night and beer adds everywhere all they want.

They also have the right to be mornic if they wish.

EDIT: actually I should point out people are debating if there should be naked mud wrestling at the fine steak house resturant that isnt even built yet, let alone the parking lot

shukes
03-04-2011, 07:16 AM
I do agree with your thoughts on people complaining....they should come up with either a valid discussion or as you say a suggestion.

Though a lot of the threads about tribe v homesteads are being talked about quite maturely and are ofter interesting.
Within these disccusions, politics are being created for our world and friendships, alliances forged or broken! personalitys are coming out to which is needed to create the social aspects of games like these.

Yes there are a few trolls/fanboys types, but it seems nowhere near as many as in other games. Best just to ignore these comments and carry on with the intellegent, mature discussions that the main threads carry.

tredo
03-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Self-righteous much?

Good and valid point... I agree with you and if you took this personally then I do apologize as I mentioned this was not directed at any person, tribe or group.... however there is one flaw in your post...

What you and I have paid for is yet to even come to light! We paid for a prelude, 2 months worth of access to a game, prelude is to last for 6 to 9 months, just so happens we got instant access to the game before prelude has begun. So you what you are saying we have paid for is not even here yet. So voicing opinions is all well and good, debates are fine, but the community as a whole needs to make sure we are here to make a game better then what it is, by making sure we are doing what we can in the proper manner of suggestion in the correct locations ie the suggestion threads.

neestas
03-04-2011, 07:21 AM

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns

What 10 months give to him as well as other players is experience and knowledge about game. Yes, I am fresh guy as well. Yet half of the suggestions or outrages are based on rumors at best instead of knowledge how game works. I bet half of those February PvP "pros" who "know" how the game should be made and drop quite oftenly retarded suggestions and demans right and left couldn't even tell what armed combat or weapon skill actually does. Their answer proley would be "LOL nothing, same as armor LOL".
Yes, there are couple fresh faces who come and speak only when they know what they are speaking, sadly they are minority.

byrgar
03-04-2011, 07:22 AM
My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money"
http://www.xsyon.com/terms-of-service

By accepting this agreement you accept and understand that the Service is provided "AS IS" and is in a constant state of development and evolution. The experience of the online game will change over time

You agree that you have no ownership or other proprietary interest in the game account, and you further acknowledge that all rights pertaining to the account are and shall forever be owned by Notorious Games. You are granted a limited license to use the account as long as payments are in good standing and you are in compliance with the Rules of Conducts and terms of this agreement.

You agree to those statements from the ToS, which means as a paying customer, you have the right to use the account, no more, no less. You can say you want whatever you like for the money you pay, but you have no right at all to expect what you want to be listened to, or given.

blackzilla
03-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Because majority of the people here are professional game developers, Jeeze, doncha' know mang!

Serious though, everyone has an opinion.

There is two class of gamers a) Gamers that play a game for what it is (More professional and true hardcore gamers, like us)
b) Gamers that are lazy and want everything innovated in a way it can be done one handed or macro'd (Very amature, young, and plain lazy.)

There you have it boss. Hope this helps simmer you down about the influx of different types of players.

Mactavendish
03-04-2011, 08:01 AM
heh, YES!

It really is reason over angst, access over "rights" and play and enjoy what you have over believing that if you scream loud enough you will get mommy to pick you up and give you a cookie.

Little children throw a fit when they think it will get them what the think they want. But those same little children do not understand the consequences of what they ask for.

If you ask for changes ( whatever they are ) that change the game so much that most players move on to other games, your precious prize becomes worthless and ends. That is a fact as has been shown many times in other games. It is a very tricky thing to hit the nail on the head when it comes to what most of your players want and will put up with.

So for Jordi and crew seem to be doing a nice job. :)

Tandarie
03-04-2011, 08:11 AM
This is getting ridiculous.... Jordi has tried to make changes to almost every play style that has been brought up. Why is it that one player has to say another player is doing this... or another player is doing that... I know I am, as well as many others that I have developed friendships with over the last year here, are so tired of hearing about she did this, or he did that.. just play the game! This community is filling up with allot of; "the game needs to be like this" or "the game needs to be like that" or "she touched my land" or "they looked at me wrong!"

What is wrong with you people... I enjoy playing the game the way I enjoy playing it... I don't bother anyone, and no one bothers me! I do my own thing and let others do theirs. There are allot of players like this... there are several tribes like this... why does there have to be those that come into a game and after a few days start this crap of "this is all wrong the way the dev team is doing this game, it needs to be done like this instead!" Instead of coming into a game that you have only been a part of for a few days or a few weeks demanding that things get changed or complaining about the way the game works, make a suggestion, there is a place for that! Put in some time testing, try to find a bug or something... try and be a valued part of the community instead of a pain in the &%@ to other players as well as the developers.

If you don't like it, make a suggestion like the rest of us do.. or simply don't play the game.

Oh and for ToS purposes this is in no way directed at any one person or tribe.. this is in no way calling out a group of players... this is a community wide observation and I am simply sharing my thoughts on the matter. I do not need anyone to agree or disagree with me, nor do I require any flamage! It is simply a plea to the community to try and make things better here in the forums as well as in game. Guys / Girls it's just a game, play the way you want.. let others play the way they wont and please, let the dev team make the best game they can for us all!

100% agree

Everyone just needs to relax and let the Boss put out the game.

Delvie
03-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Can I point out that a good portion of 'angst' in the forums will magically melt away once we can play for real. Right now you basically have a bunch of antsy people checking the forums at least daily if not hourly for any new information. Once the game goes live a huge group of people will only ever visit the forums when the game is down and they want to know when it will be up.

Now I'm off to find something else to do (haha like real life work which I should be doing right now). I will try to stick to my promise to myself to only check and see if there is more information on Xsyon twice more today.

FabricSoftener
03-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Can I point out that a good portion of 'angst' in the forums will magically melt away once we can play for real. Right now you basically have a bunch of antsy people checking the forums at least daily if not hourly for any new information. Once the game goes live a huge group of people will only ever visit the forums when the game is down and they want to know when it will be up.

Now I'm off to find something else to do (haha like real life work which I should be doing right now). I will try to stick to my promise to myself to only check and see if there is more information on Xsyon twice more today.

There is also a large amount of people who will notice the game isnt for them once they are able to invest 24 hours of real play time and not just screwing around because they know a wipe is coming.

Niburu
03-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Only 3 things iam hoping for is

-archery soon
-good server performance that can handle the game
-that the final wipe comes soon i want to start, it is not really fun to log in and know that everything gets deleted ^^

Dubanka
03-04-2011, 08:37 AM

the existing community did a great job of fashioning the pve complexities of the game.
Unfortunately it is apparent you did very little in the way of helping to make pvp just as intricate as the pve. We, the pvp community, are here to help correct that oversight.

We want the pvp dynamic to be just as complex and intricate as the pve models already present. A solid set of pvp mechanics is crucial to making this an actual 'world' and not just just a statatic building sim.

Unfortunately 'we' have met a lot of resistance to the concept of improving the pvp experience- and thus need t speak loudly and often to keep from getting shouted down by those that would prefer little-to-no pvp.

In the end, its the devs game, and they will build what they want. Ideally this will be a place where both groups find purpose and entertainment. Swing too far your way, we ( aand our friends and our cash) go away - too far our way and the pve /crafter group dwindles. *shrug* for us its jjust a game - for them it pays the rent....i guess we'll see how the pendelum swings in the future.

Oh, lest i forget
Crai more n00b

Xoxo

mindtrigger
03-04-2011, 08:51 AM
I think the main issue right now is no one really knows what this game IS, and what it will become. In fact, there is no way for them to know, because the game will evolve organically. If I learned anything in my short time testing things out, its that we have no idea what the game will be like in six months or a year. The players will decide this. We will build a society within the game, and things will fall into place. Right now there is nothing but confusion and speculation as to what constitutes "game play".

Let them rant. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter. In addition, anyone who has ever played MMO games before knows that forums are universally known for attracting complainers. There will always be more complaints here than anything else, at least in the "general" themed boards.

ifireallymust
03-04-2011, 09:05 AM
While I have nothing but love for whichever of the grizzled 10 month vets among you convinced the devs to give solo players a chance to play in the sandbox, the tone of the OP is completely uncalled for.

But yes, milord, so sorry, milord, we filthy February joiners will be over here in the corner, waiting to speak until spoken to, from now on, milord! We'll just leave our elders and betters to discuss and debate the issues in peace now, you won't hear another peep out of us, and nary a one of us will dare tread again into another of your lofty threads or besmirch one of your polls with our lowly opinions, I promise, your magnificence!

FabricSoftener
03-04-2011, 09:12 AM
While I have nothing but love for whichever of the grizzled 10 month vets among you convinced the devs to give solo players a chance to play in the sandbox, the tone of the OP is completely uncalled for.

But yes, milord, so sorry, milord, we filthy February joiners will be over here in the corner, waiting to speak until spoken to, from now on, milord! We'll just leave our elders and betters to discuss and debate the issues in peace now, you won't hear another peep out of us, and nary a one of us will dare tread again into another of your lofty threads or besmirch one of your polls with our lowly opinions, I promise, your magnificence!

as I pointed out in another thread, given the existing game mechanics homesteads are very much the way to go. If I was running a clan with power gaming in mind homesteads for everyone is exactly what I would strongly advocate

yoori
03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
the existing community did a great job of fashioning the pve complexities of the game.
Unfortunately it is apparent you did very little in the way of helping to make pvp just as intricate as the pve. We, the pvp community, are here to help correct that oversight.

We want the pvp dynamic to be just as complex and intricate as the pve models already present. A solid set of pvp mechanics is crucial to making this an actual 'world' and not just just a statatic building sim.

Unfortunately 'we' have met a lot of resistance to the concept of improving the pvp experience- and thus need t speak loudly and often to keep from getting shouted down by those that would prefer little-to-no pvp.

In the end, its the devs game, and they will build what they want. Ideally this will be a place where both groups find purpose and entertainment. Swing too far your way, we ( aand our friends and our cash) go away - too far our way and the pve /crafter group dwindles. *shrug* for us its jjust a game - for them it pays the rent....i guess we'll see how the pendelum swings in the future.

Oh, lest i forget
Crai more n00b

Xoxo

You seem to think that community has greater impact on game than we have. I joined couple of week's before the wave of new players. There were like 2 new posts daily so I had time to read old posts and try to understand game concept.

The game looks like it does becouse Jordi made it this way not community. People made sugestions about implemented features or concepts Jordi shared with the community.
PvP after prelude wasn't discused becouse Jordi hasn't decided/shared with us how it will look like. When he does we'll have chance to make sugestions.

But it's anoying when people don't uderstand this and say "we want siedge in prelude" and anyone who tries to explain that it's not really possible is called carebear and PvP hater.
You can't implement feature that hasn't been coded(or designed). Jordi focuses on features he planned to implement first.

So calm down, there will be time to talk about siedge, conquest and war. Play the game for what it is now.

mrcalhou
03-04-2011, 09:35 AM
You know why some people complain? Because some of us have played many, many games that share traits that this game has or will have and are making suggestions that will best balance the game for everyone involved. Not just for one type of player.

Vicid
03-04-2011, 10:11 AM
You seem to think that community has greater impact on game than we have. I joined couple of week's before the wave of new players. There were like 2 new posts daily so I had time to read old posts and try to understand game concept.

The game looks like it does becouse Jordi made it this way not community. People made sugestions about implemented features or concepts Jordi shared with the community.
PvP after prelude wasn't discused becouse Jordi hasn't decided/shared with us how it will look like. When he does we'll have chance to make sugestions.

But it's anoying when people don't uderstand this and say "we want siedge in prelude" and anyone who tries to explain that it's not really possible is called carebear and PvP hater.
You can't implement feature that hasn't been coded(or designed). Jordi focuses on features he planned to implement first.

So calm down, there will be time to talk about siedge, conquest and war. Play the game for what it is now.

The whole point of this game is supposed to be Tribal Warfare. If he hasn't even designed it yet then why did he let people buy it? This game looks less and less done every day. Forget about paid beta, we're playing paid alpha.

NexAnima
03-04-2011, 10:18 AM
The whole point of this game is supposed to be Tribal Warfare. If he hasn't even designed it yet then why did he let people buy it? This game looks less and less done every day. Forget about paid beta, we're playing paid alpha.

Hmm...no sir I don't think the whole point of Xsyon is tribal warfare. I think there's a bit more to it then that. Other then the "OMFG TRIBAL WAREFARE NOOW" people, alot of us are enjoying this game for what it is and that's rebuilding society after an apocalypse.

Mactavendish
03-04-2011, 10:18 AM
What you suggest Mrcalhou would be true IF it had been done in a civilized manner.

Sadly it was not. Folks saw things they liked and decided to raise a ruckus over features they would like so as to make Xyson their "Perfect" game.

Truth is, it is NOT... Let me repeat that again so it is not misunderstood... NOT our game. It never was or will be. It is just a game we can choose to play or not.

Ranting, threats, screaming, forum wars, overly strong opinions on features not even in game is just childish.

FabricSoftener
03-04-2011, 10:20 AM

The entire game is not about tribal warfare

That point aside, are you just now noticing all of this? it barely even has combat

yoori
03-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Where did you read that gameplay will be focused on tribal warfare? Link please.
There will be war, but we don't need war to support economy decay will do it just fine. Take a look at Planet Calypso.

There are going to be strategic resources that tribes will be able to claim, we need war to be able to take control over those resources, otherwise first one that claimed them would have them forever, it could be a monopoly that we can't do anything about.

Jadzia
03-04-2011, 10:37 AM

Seriously, what made you think that ? Tribal warfare isn't even mentioned on the Feature page and has never been mentioned in any interview with the developer.

YamiOkami
03-04-2011, 10:41 AM
From what I can see, and not wanting to get into a huge argument about it, people do not research this game before they buy it. Before I bought this game I had a read around, made sure I had an idea of what features were implemented and planned, and looked at guides and tutorials before I bought it.

But every day I see people log into the game and say; "What do i do". Clearly people are seeing one feature they like and just buying it... finding out it is not what they want, and then polling to try to get people to their wavelength.

I'm not a grizzled vet of the game, and I don't think it matters too much how long you have been playing, but if you buy the game without researching it at all? Well don't ask for your money back, just think of it as stupid tax, and go somewhere else.

Kroom
03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
I blame DF, MO and Earthrise. If one of them would get their act together these people would have some where else to call home. Instead, they are roaming the “internets” looking to mold another games path into the unrealized vision of those games.

In my opinion, if you bought this game for the uber pvp potential you are going to be disappointed.

mindtrigger
03-04-2011, 11:21 AM
For starters, this is more than a game. It's something like a very fun simulator or experiment with game theory as one aspect. The very nature of this game being a true sandbox means the players themselves will determine where the game goes, and what constitutes game play. It is about rebuilding a society, using the tools and resources available to us. Tribal warefare will be part of the game, and some people will concentrate on this aspect. I suggest you find one of those tribes if that is what you want out of the game. Some tribes plan to concentrate on trade, some will become roving bands of Nomads, or entertainers, some will farm animals, some will become political and seek to rule, etc.

In other words, this has the potential to be a serious long-term blast of a game, and the developer has chosen not to hold our hands, or shove us into a certain style of play. Embrace it, and forge your own adventure.

MrKrueak
03-04-2011, 12:04 PM

I really don't see how you can say the whole point of this game is supposed to be tribal warfare. i have no clue what you are smoking, but even i joining just a couple weeks ago knew that was not the case.

1. Tribal warfare is not even mentioned in the feature list, PVP is barely mentioned at all
2. 95% of the feature list is PVE related.
3. The man Jordi himself has decribed xyson in various interviews that have been linked in many threads stating that the point and focus of xsyon prelude is about crafting and building and that PVP was and is not going to be the driving force of his vision. There will be pvp and then tribal warfare eventually but i bet it will not meet some of the expectations here espically the hardcore PVP only players that came from MO,DF and so on.

bruisie159
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I wouldnt worry too much about people whining about changing the game at the moment. Things seemed to have gone pretty quiet on the forums on that score. Its actually fairly civilised again, i can only assume a few psychopaths have been banned.

Dubanka
03-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Hopizerg inc!

Seriously, you prove my point on why we (the pvp crowd) has been loud.

Just about every posted pvp concept that gets posted gets a pve shout down
- this isnt a pvp game
- look at cobat, does this look like a pvp game
- jordi isnt building this for combat
- pvp is an afterthought on purpose
- this is our game go back to whwerver you came from

You know what? If the devs came out and said, this is not a pvp game. This is a crafting andcity building simulator. Pvp is not a signicant focus and will be a tertiary priority to city building and crafting elents of the game. This is the world as the pve contingent would have us believe. If the devs said this, we'd be out of your precious little shangri-la of kumbaya.

So, devs, whats the deal?

Vicid
03-04-2011, 01:23 PM
You heard 'em Dub. Before we showed up (the PvPer's who saw an open world in which you could create your own faction) this forum had one or two posts a day.

For a few weeks we tried to play and figure out what this game would be about. Sever shutdowns and lag prevented us from finding out.

Once that stabilized we realized something pretty horrendous: there's nothing to do.

We can craft useless houses, useless armor, useless weapons or fish. Full loot is negated by impenetrable bags and the fact that if you run around wearing heavy armor all you've accomplished is encumber yourself.

I sure as hell know the vast majority of VD isn't sticking around to pay monthly fees if we even muster five people to plant a totem anyway.

This game is going to be quite again soon if this keeps up. Enjoy making shoes.

yoori
03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Hopizerg inc!

Seriously, you prove my point on why we (the pvp crowd) has been loud.

Just about every posted pvp concept that gets posted gets a pve shout down
- this isnt a pvp game
- look at cobat, does this look like a pvp game
- jordi isnt building this for combat
- pvp is an afterthought on purpose
- this is our game go back to whwerver you came from

You know what? If the devs came out and said, this is not a pvp game. This is a crafting andcity building simulator. Pvp is not a signicant focus and will be a tertiary priority to city building and crafting elents of the game. This is the world as the pve contingent would have us believe. If the devs said this, we'd be out of your precious little shangri-la of kumbaya.

So, devs, whats the deal?

Let's leave Hopi out of this we're not on a quest to destroy PvP. Every one that posts, posts for him/herself.

Maybe if you weren't that agresive and didn't take everything as an attack on you or PvP we could have civilized discussion.
The problem is that every idea that isn't total war, every tribe has to fight, everything has to be destroyable, economy should be around war gets shut down by PvP crowd as well.

PvP will probably be big part of gameplay and it should be, but not the main part. Main part of the game should be rebuilding society.
Why main lands can't be safe from conquer? I want to see main towns as NPC towns in other games - trading centers, social meeting spots.
Why should every tribe be the same(crafters+fighters)?
If I want to have small village focused on farming, animal herding, hunting and trading, why should I have a fortress?

If my town get's damaged during siedge(raid), great we'll have something to do, but if you take it than we'll have few to hundred(s) people that doesn't have house(drops comfort -> drops every skill). Finding a new spot will take a lot of time rebuilding will take even more. So basicly most people will join other tribes if they have place or leave the game.

I personaly don't care for direct PvP I never liked it and I'm not good at it. But I love economical warfare and politics, I don't want to be dragged into PvP becouse you want it.

We won't get compromise if everyone will try to force their vision and not listen to the other side.

Vicid
03-04-2011, 02:03 PM
The front page of this website asks you if you will fight for justice or destroy the world. Sounds like PvP is important to me.

Also what was this thread about again? Trying to get the PvPer's to shut up? Looks like the Devs know who'll bring in population and they're moving fast to cater to our wants. New war server to test tribal warfare as soon as possible. Seems pretty clear to me that we shouldn't shut up at all. Seems like we should get louder.

NexAnima
03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I like the idea of them testing combat on a different server, at least being on the peace server will allow us to to get it right from learning from war's mistakes and bugs.

MiMoSeTH
03-04-2011, 03:06 PM
The front page of this website asks you if you will fight for justice or destroy the world. Sounds like PvP is important to me.

Also what was this thread about again? Trying to get the PvPer's to shut up? Looks like the Devs know who'll bring in population and they're moving fast to cater to our wants. New war server to test tribal warfare as soon as possible. Seems pretty clear to me that we shouldn't shut up at all. Seems like we should get louder.

Or maybe, just maybe...are trying to protect the others from being pked again and again just because you can until they get sick of it and quit.

Not that this is gonna stop griefers from making a char on Peace server just to do what they're good at, annoy other players. Heck, several of them already confirmed this ingame :D

NexAnima
03-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Or maybe, just maybe...are trying to protect the others from being pked again and again just because you can until they get sick of it and quit.

Not that this is gonna stop griefers from making a char on Peace server just to do what they're good at, annoy other players. Heck, several of them already confirmed this ingame :D

I can bet that a lot of guide intervention use be used to stomp out the griefers, NG seems to state quite well they are anti-griefing and will use their own discretion instead of some handguide to tell if you play to be a douchebag.

jumpshot
03-04-2011, 04:10 PM
my friends have good taste in furniture

Dsk954
03-04-2011, 08:38 PM
sandbox

enough said.

if you are sick of reading forum posts asking for one thing or another, dont come to the forumssssss! go play wow until the final wipe and just dont talk to annnnnyyyyyyyoooonnnnneeeee

sandbox 4ever