rippertm
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Hope you enjoy. All in good fun. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XtqCil4Yk

Best,
Ripper X

orious13
03-04-2011, 07:04 PM
lol... since no one has said anything I'll give 2 thumbs up.

Venciera
03-04-2011, 07:35 PM
That's was very entertaining. Good music too ;)

Niburu
03-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Its always good to have ripper around if its about movies

Dweetybyrd
03-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Great video but unfortunately not accurate... very entertaining though

rippertm
03-04-2011, 08:28 PM
You gotta admit its good entertainment. Anything to promote the game before release. :P

Charles_Prince
03-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Really liked it man, commentary made me laugh...haha

pendergraft
03-04-2011, 10:03 PM
{MOD EDIT}

Enjoyed the video. I believe it's the first one on YouTube that actually showcases combat in a positive light (the other ones play out like Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.) While the mechanics leave a lot to be desired, the potential for tactics is made very evident. I particularly enjoyed the ambush. Hopefully that water looting bug is ironed out.

ColonelTEE3
03-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Seeing this video is what convinced me to preorder. I have enough faith in this game's future that i'm gonna stick with it for at least a good while... or at least until a certain expansion for a certain game blows me away.

Very much hoping they fix that water looting bug, and very much excited to see how archery combat is in this game.

pendergraft
03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Please, tehreaver, regale us with riveting tales of high adventure. It is with bated breath that I await your stunning exploits.

tehreaver
03-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Please, tehreaver, regale us with riveting tales of high adventure. It is with bated breath that I await your stunning exploits.

I don't understand nerdspeak.

pendergraft
03-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Far be it from me to speculate on the current state of our public education system, I'll simply apologize and extend my hand in friendship.

tehreaver
03-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Then allow me a parting anecdote: I once came into contact with a mentally challenged individual who had at his disposal a wet pool noodle. I picked up another pool noodle off the ground and hit him with it. Nothing aggressive, mind you, just good fun, but he took it quite personally, as 'tards are want to do, and began viciously thrashing me with his nigh-super human strength. I learnt my lesson that day, and I've the scars to prove it.

coolstorybro

tehreaver
03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Seeing this video is what convinced me to preorder. I have enough faith in this game's future that i'm gonna stick with it for at least a good while... or at least until a certain expansion for a certain game blows me away.

Very much hoping they fix that water looting bug, and very much excited to see how archery combat is in this game.

Arch is that you?

jeru
03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
roflmao ripper; bravo. I grabbed a bowl of popcorn, my favorite beverage, and kicked back and enjoyed the laughs. Great footage bro, keep it up!

Honelith
03-05-2011, 03:33 AM
<3 Ripper X.

Keep us entertained buddy. :D

jumpshot
03-05-2011, 04:14 AM
I loved the commentary and text.

Both sides hugging the water was pretty lame.

Haunt
03-05-2011, 06:50 AM
I loved this video RipperX, welcome to the game, good to have you around.

Lerxst
03-05-2011, 06:52 AM
I would have said it was a good video... had you not edited out the parts where your entire team was getting slaughtered by solo naked guys despite the 3 vs 1 odds.

Kiriath
03-05-2011, 07:31 AM
awesome vid Ripper, keep em up, loved ur DF vids too.

tehreaver
03-05-2011, 09:29 AM
I would have said it was a good video... had you not edited out the parts where your entire team was getting slaughtered by solo naked guys despite the 3 vs 1 odds.

says the guy who no one knows about

rippertm
03-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Jeru, thanks friend, glad you enjoyed the vid. :)

rippertm
03-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Kiriath! Right on, thanks man.

rippertm
03-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Haunt,

Thanks old chap, good to be around.

Bear5732
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
nice video - pvp even so limited now - is still very fun

rippertm
03-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks Bear, definitely limited but theres potential. Looking forward to seeing how archery plays off as well.

naughty
03-05-2011, 03:15 PM
ripper i love you. lets dupe some shit together

rippertm
03-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Naughty, lets dupe another server with no safe zones.

Lerxst
03-05-2011, 08:59 PM
says the guy who no one knows about

Says the guy who watched this entire video being recorded and sent you running on more than one occasion. I just don't sit there and go public about it like some...

tehreaver
03-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Says the guy who watched this entire video being recorded and sent you running on more than one occasion. I just don't sit there and go public about it like some...

you seem mad bro because you have to make shit up

river111
03-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Cool vid man. Nice to see someone going after that evil Benson finally!

What I'm not getting is why everyone screams all day about wanting FFA Full Loot PvP in this game, yet noone who PvPs is ever wearing anything or always hiding in the water when they do. Both sides in the vid looked like chicken shits to me. :)

Just sayin...just sayin.

Salvadore
03-06-2011, 06:17 AM
SUPERB video. This is the type of stuff im looking forward to!

*Dont forget, BOTH sides CAN make a video. SS or it didnt happen!!! hahah

Salvadore
03-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Cool vid man. Nice to see someone going after that evil Benson finally!

What I'm not getting is why everyone screams all day about wanting FFA Full Loot PvP in this game, yet noone who PvPs is ever wearing anything or always hiding in the water when they do. Both sides in the vid looked like chicken shits to me. :)

Just sayin...just sayin.

Its called tactics. At the moment, armour and weapons need balanced, right? Same with combat as a whole? If they do no good in battle, why loose them? If you cant get looted in water...try to die there!

These are the types of things many have been lobbying for all over the forums, for balance. Some people will use every bit of beneficial game mechanic that they possibly can. Make sure its balanced properly, then fairness is prevalent. Dont address the issues or make things unbalanced due to one side crying - thats the type of stuff that happens ;[ but those are other threads...

Back on topic, looking forward to the next vid!!!

djext2000
03-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Its called tactics. At the moment, armour and weapons need balanced, right? Same with combat as a whole? If they do no good in battle, why loose them? If you cant get looted in water...try to die there!

These are the types of things many have been lobbying for all over the forums, for balance. Some people will use every bit of beneficial game mechanic that they possibly can. Make sure its balanced properly, then fairness is prevalent. Dont address the issues or make things unbalanced due to one side crying - thats the type of stuff that happens ;[ but those are other threads...

Back on topic, looking forward to the next vid!!!

If they do no good in battle then who cares if you lose them? Right? Tactics? lol...it's called greifing. This is why you ffa pvp guys have no respect.

I agree, why is it that only the people who demand FFA PvP are the ones that run around naked and in the water? I always hear people bitching in local chat about "wear something worth taking and come out and fight!" Yet if you see the people saying this shit, they are naked and roaming in packs picking off solitary scavengers and crafters.

lol...buncha bitches.

Nice vids man, I live in that zone so I was around there that night and it was a fun night. You were cool RipperX...the rest of your crew were bitches.

Drevar
03-06-2011, 07:51 AM
I know the damage rolls are totally hosed atm, but do the weapons at least give you a longer reach? Figured everyone would just be using unarmed.

boomer0901
03-06-2011, 09:23 AM
So what guild is this, reaver and pickle that is?

tehreaver
03-06-2011, 10:13 AM
If they do no good in battle then who cares if you lose them? Right? Tactics? lol...it's called greifing. This is why you ffa pvp guys have no respect.

I agree, why is it that only the people who demand FFA PvP are the ones that run around naked and in the water? I always hear people bitching in local chat about "wear something worth taking and come out and fight!" Yet if you see the people saying this shit, they are naked and roaming in packs picking off solitary scavengers and crafters.

lol...buncha bitches.

Nice vids man, I live in that zone so I was around there that night and it was a fun night. You were cool RipperX...the rest of your crew were bitches.

It seems that you are in fact"the bitch" since no one knows who you are in game(some random scrub).

sionide
03-06-2011, 11:31 AM
It seems that you are in fact"the bitch" since no one knows who you are in game(some random scrub).

I find it funny that you keep saying this as if it matters.

It's clear to us that you are a nobody IRL, but the real sad part is that you think you are a somebody online. I got news for you buddy...you are a nobody here. Yes, you are so pathetic that even online where you claim to be famous, no one knows who you are. But oh well, keep thinking Charlie Sheen errr...I mean Tehreaver that your "Tiger's Blood and Adonis DNA" means something in this virtual space.

** EDIT **

Cool video, Ripper X

djext2000
03-06-2011, 11:46 AM
What's funny is how even RipperX said reaver was a dick he didn't like after reaver logged out...the whole zone was jumpin his shit for hangin with reaver and he completely through him under the bus. lol

tehreaver
03-06-2011, 11:50 AM
I find it funny that you keep saying this as if it matters.

It's clear to us that you are a nobody IRL, but the real sad part is that you think you are a somebody online. I got news for you buddy...you are a nobody here. Yes, you are so pathetic that even online where you claim to be famous, no one knows who you are. But oh well, keep thinking Charlie Sheen errr...I mean Tehreaver that your "Tiger's Blood and Adonis DNA" means something in this virtual space.

** EDIT **

Cool video, Ripper X

lolumad

chaosegg
03-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Both sides hugging the water was pretty lame.
If you want to defend your friends, you have to go where the gankers are,
so when they go play water-games, then you go there too.

Armor and combat don't seem to be working properly in game yet; mostly it just slows you down to wear it...
unless you have quite high skills in things like strength and running to make up for the weight.

Notice I was wearing armor, and so was Reaver.
My Strength is 74, agility 79, with 60 fortitude. I wouldn't be surprised if Reaver went maxed out in those stats,
since he was clearly raised by jackels and tries for any advantage he can get,
including making his character as small and dark as possible.

P.S.
For the record; RipperX is a comedian, I am not evil, I find Reaver's juvenile attempts to get a rise out of people to be pathetic and distasteful,
and I think it disgustingly sad to see people who's goal it is to put as little effort as possible into wasting as much of other peoples' time in online games as they can (Reaver and his type of emoteen player),
but hey, if we didn't have someone as bad as him, then I wouldn't look so good-wait I mean evil!

sionide
03-06-2011, 12:31 PM
lolumad

huh? Why would I be mad. I have never met you in game, nor talked with you in game. In fact this is our first conversation on the forums. It's just the truth.

tehreaver
03-06-2011, 01:17 PM
huh? Why would I be mad. I have never met you in game, nor talked with you in game. In fact this is our first conversation on the forums. It's just the truth.

look at your previous post

tehreaver
03-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Armor and combat don't seem to be working properly in game yet; mostly it just slows you down to wear it...
unless you have quite high skills in things like strength and running to make up for the weight.

My Strength is 74, agility 79, with 60 fortitude. I wouldn't be surprised if Reaver went maxed out in those stats,

P.S.
For the record; RipperX is a comedian, I am not evil, I find Reaver's juvenile attempts to get a rise out of people to be pathetic and distasteful,
and I think it disgustingly sad to see people who's goal it is to put as little effort as possible into wasting as much of other peoples' time in online games as they can (Reaver and his type of emoteen player),
but hey, if we didn't have someone as good as him, then I wouldn't look so bad-wait I am bad!

fixed for truth

coca
03-06-2011, 06:03 PM
reaver and pickles love coca and rambo

GG

river111
03-06-2011, 10:28 PM
My view on this is this is exactly what we need in this game. A good rivalry is always good, wether or not either side is good or bad.

However, I am curious if the Benson here is the same EVIL Benson from MMORPG.com. If he is then that alone would be justification to hunt him IMO. ;)

tehreaver
03-06-2011, 10:43 PM
My view on this is this is exactly what we need in this game. A good rivalry is always good, wether or not either side is good or bad.

However, I am curious if the Benson here is the same EVIL Benson from MMORPG.com. If he is then that alone would be justification to hunt him IMO. ;)

qft

coca
03-07-2011, 04:02 PM
you got stalker.. grats.

DaAzub
03-07-2011, 11:10 PM

P.S.
but hey, if we didn't have someone as bad as him, then I wouldn't look so good-wait I mean evil!

Kimbo Slice here, you are a wuss, always calling back up when i come. What a loser you are.

blackzilla
03-08-2011, 04:47 AM
lol, pvp!? That video was a bunch of synchronized swimmers ( :p ). This happens everyday, all day, everywhere. Just sayin...

Little advice to the people involved, fight till the death without running to the water to save your loots via exploited game mechanics, Learn to fight in my opinion. I pack light when leaving home you should too. Doesn't make you suck if you take a dirt nap, with the way PvP is in its current form it is all random luck. True story.

Not trying to rip on you guys but I fight with respect and the only worthy opponent that will get to combat me is another with skill and honor. I don't waste my time with "Homestead Humpers" or "Water Monkeys" (Trade marked those two names myself just now).

See you all in the World of Xsyon very soon... ;)

Razorface
03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
I'll have you know I actually am the nicest guy in the world. Now to be known as the nicest guy in the world who had his pants stolen. I laughed pretty hard when I saw you only took my pants.

SnowMiser
03-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I showed this vid to a guildie of mine who was not sure if he wanted to play.
Your vid changed his mind.
Well done sir!!! Funny as hell!

bubonicplague
03-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Man i love that vid.

It's the vid that my bro showed me, and I bought the game before he did.

We all know Ripper edits the events in his vids.

That's called propaganda. It's an art form. If he wants to tell his people that the guys he's killing are cruel mother baby killers, then he's got a better shot at making fans than if he said "H4H4 LUK AT DOS NEWBS WI KEELED"

He's creating sympathy for his cause.

I'm not entirely serious about all that, but I really like the style of his vids. I wouldn't mind if I fought him and ended up a villain. I'd know what I did. And everyone knows his vids for what they are. They're comedy.

Great job Ripper.

rippertm
03-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Man i love that vid.

It's the vid that my bro showed me, and I bought the game before he did.

We all know Ripper edits the events in his vids.

That's called propaganda. It's an art form. If he wants to tell his people that the guys he's killing are cruel mother baby killers, then he's got a better shot at making fans than if he said "H4H4 LUK AT DOS NEWBS WI KEELED"

He's creating sympathy for his cause.

I'm not entirely serious about all that, but I really like the style of his vids. I wouldn't mind if I fought him and ended up a villain. I'd know what I did. And everyone knows his vids for what they are. They're comedy.

Great job Ripper.

Like I stated in my first comment, for entertainment purposes only. I'm just trying to make a story with the vid, rather then just pvping random ppl.

With Benson, the case was actually true, hes a good player, well known and in beta he had an advanced character, so I capitalized on it and lucky enough for me, the footage was spot on. Glad you liked the vid.

Best,
Ripper X

rippertm
03-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Is the game up today or what?

niccoli00
03-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Is the game up today or what?

With bells on.

r4NGe
03-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I showed this vid to a guildie of mine who was not sure if he wanted to play.
Your vid changed his mind.

You should keep trying. Maybe he will end up playing one day.