PDA

View Full Version : Problem with bin access for friends

billpaustin
03-05-2011, 11:00 AM
I set access to a bin to "Friends", and then set another character as a "Friend". Every time the other character tries to access the bin, he gets the message "You cannot do that here." The bin is on my homestead land.

Is this a known bug? Does the bin have to NOT be on tribal/homestead land?

orious13
03-05-2011, 11:08 AM
probably since it's on your land. Put it in the bug section of the forums.

baka77
03-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I think the tribe totem member permissions section controls who can access baskets on your land. I think the friends basket setting is for out in the wild. I'm not sure if that's a bug or intended.

NexAnima
03-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I set access to a bin to "Friends", and then set another character as a "Friend". Every time the other character tries to access the bin, he gets the message "You cannot do that here." The bin is on my homestead land.

Is this a known bug? Does the bin have to NOT be on tribal/homestead land?

Think of it as a positive that will keep warring tribes from having a safe area to store items.

billpaustin
03-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Ok, I did some experiments. I created a homestead, and placed bins, then had my alt try to open them. I set two bins, one just inside the tribal boundary, and one just outside. Here are the results:

- if a player is not a member of the tribe, and is on tribal land, he cannot open any bins, no matter the permissions
- a player marked as a friend can open a bin if the permissions are set to "Friends", unless the player is on tribal land
- you can place a bin on tribal land that can be accessed from outside, if you place it right on the border

So you can set a bin just inside the border, set it to Friends, and load it up safely from within the camp. Friends can access it without having to trespass on tribal lands.