PDA

View Full Version : Headstart we have paid for

DonMaj
03-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Do we get any head start? Because Im lost.... I thought we get the full 2 weeks of head start for paying before the official release.

Xidian
03-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Now the headstart is officially from March 11th to March 15th Launch day.

sudo
03-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Just like with Final Fantasy XIV it won't really matter... At least not until the game is improved drastically or trials allowed, the percentage of people NOT preordering will be extremely low. You can just as well consider the whole Prelude an extra time, since 90% of the playerbase will be the same people you've seen in beta.
Yes, I know that bonus and extra are supposed to be free, but seriously, you are getting whole two months of free time, isn't that enough :)

yoori
03-07-2011, 07:44 AM
No for your 40$ you bought right to play the game, 2 months and two additional weeks of free gameplay, and access to pre-launch(it's not specified how long).

Prelaunch is there to let us grab land before official launch as a thank you for testing, you don't need 2 weeks for that

mindtrigger
03-07-2011, 07:52 AM
I would like to add that while having 2 weeks of head start would have been cool and all, really those of us who have been learning the game already have a pretty big advantage. We understand a lot of what is going on and how things work so we will be able to jump in there and just go for it this weekend. This game has a steep learning curve, and we have quite an advantage over those who did not beta at all.

unclean666
03-07-2011, 08:36 AM
plus we get the nice wep.

Gypsy
03-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Who do you think the "head start" lets you play before? Are you imagining hundreds of players that will purchase the game sometime on the 15th? The only player base right now is the same player base that will be starting on the 10th, there is no real head start because THERE IS NO ONE ELSE.

mindtrigger
03-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Who do you think the "head start" lets you play before? Are you imagining hundreds of players that will purchase the game sometime on the 15th? The only player base right now is the same player base that will be starting on the 10th, there is no real head start because THERE IS NO ONE ELSE.

Every MMO has an influx of window shoppers that will pick up the game after initial launch and hit the servers hard. Most won't stay here because this is a thinking person's game. This game has the potential for steady, if slow, growth over time. EVE, for example, has continued to increase population at a very managable rate ever since it launched years ago, and it is the most successful sandbox MMO ever made.

BigCountry
03-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I agree the head start really does not do much to benefit.

The weapon we got though, that will help. That was worth the pre-order and was a good reward.
:D

Gypsy
03-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Every MMO has an influx of window shoppers that will pick up the game after initial launch and hit the servers hard. Most won't stay here because this is a thinking person's game. This game has the potential for steady, if slow, growth over time. EVE, for example, has continued to increase population at a very managable rate ever since it launched years ago, and it is the most successful sandbox MMO ever made.

You missed my point entirely. The game launches on the 15th, where are all the players OP thinks he is getting a headstart on?

jumpshot
03-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Ya, Headstarts are just marketing. For the most part, any "headstart" of any recent MMO is more or less just the launch.

I'm not sure what anyone thinks they'd get done from day 5-14 of a headstart that they didn't get done by day 3 or 4.

orious13
03-07-2011, 10:45 AM
The main reason why I pre-ordered was to get in during beta. That's the "headstart" I wanted...

Salvador4
03-07-2011, 10:46 AM
I don't care much for the 'headstart' as in starting before other people. I care about the 2 weeks we were promised. We get shafted and only have a couple of days instead of the 14. And to all the flamers saying 'you could've played for the last couple of weeks' I say: barely with the failed softlaunch, the lag, the crashes, the rollbacks and the downtime. I'm talking about having my 2 weeks AFTER softlaunch and BEFORE official launch. It's poof GONE in the air, filled with clouds of false promises.

DonMaj
03-07-2011, 10:49 AM
I think we should get another 2 weeks of free gaming or get our money back.

Some of us still dont see that we paid for 2,5 month instead of 2 months and 2 days.

orious13
03-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Paying early gave us early access.
Paying 40 dollars gave us 2 months of free gaming.
We didn't necessarily pay for 2 weeks.

Phayz
03-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I am pretty sure after the initial launch, and subsequent failure, there was an update saying they would add 2 weeks to our gametime :)

Dade512
03-07-2011, 10:56 AM
All the two weeks were was basically access before official launch. When that got pushed back we got a couple more weeks access until official launch. We didn't 'pay' for those two weeks, we payed for the game. On top of that we are getting to play the game for free for two months AFTER official launch. We're getting a pretty fair shake in the end.

paulpapp
03-07-2011, 11:06 AM
we got an extra 2 weeks free playtime.... what more do ya want to get?

QQ 4u

Xidian
03-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah, the devs will credit 2 weeks on top of our 2 months of free gametime so we get 2.5 months of free gametime now.

DonMaj
03-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Now I get it. I thought we are not getin another 2 weeks.

paulpapp
03-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Now I get it. I thought we are not getin another 2 weeks.

actually I am a little confused also heheh but ether way it still works out fair I think

Xidian
03-07-2011, 12:12 PM
actually I am a little confused also heheh but ether way it still works out fair I think

Yeah I remember after the 18th they said it. I can't find it now but it was along the lines of "2 weeks gametime will be added to all pre-orders accounts".

mindtrigger
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I was just thinking earlier about how that $7.50 would change my damned life if I could only get it back... /s

Kroom
03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I was just thinking earlier about how that $7.50 would change my damned life if I could only get it back... /s

Man, that's a pack of smokes and a beer! =)

Jasdemi
03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
gief $7.50 back!

mindtrigger
03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Man, that's a pack of smokes and a beer! =)

True, or half of a crappy pizza from a crappy pizza shop....

Salvadore
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Whatever they have to do to stabilize and streamline the public release is fine by me IMO...dont /fail at opening the floodgates and repeat what all other mmo's do on release date!!!

They've seemed to be extremely fair and easy to get along with thus far, so id say give em the chance ;]

Kroom
03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
/agree 100%

Was just adding some levity. It sucks but have to think about the great good.