PDA

View Full Version : Tribes and Alliances

Surly
03-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Any of you street-wise shitbags got a survey of what Tribes and Alliances seem most likely not to wash out in a week or two of the game? Who are the biggest carebears? Who are the biggest griefers? Who're the most experienced PvP clans?

So far all I've gleaned from the grapevine is this stuff, tell me how I'm doin':
Hopi- a big tribe, mostly focused on PvE, no previous experience, lots of carebear-type members (is it a "zerg clan" or just some benign carebear fest?)
TGM- alliance of some various inexperienced clans that are self-important and living in fantasy? that's my take on it, don't know much.
Apache- some semi-carebear startup tribe that's somewhat small. they seem kind of cool but a little green (and seems like they want to nut cup a lot)

I've yet to see any real commitment towards conquest-oriented clans though. Is most of the political scene around here occupied by a sense of PvP vs. PvE players? Seems like most of the community is all cryfaced about one of the two of those labels. It just seems to me that there's no real organization at all, it's just a chaotic shitfest that'll boil down to "griefers" vs "carebears" with lots of chest thumping and pissing contests.

I mean, I'm fine with that... but it just seems weird. Am I missing something big here, or are the clan politics around here just plain dead? Seems like the PvE crowd outnumbers the PvP crowd 2:1, and they just want to play house.

furanku
03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Fallen Lords - From Ultima Online Chapter been pvping since 98' most of our community people are vet's when it comes organizing and setup.
TGM - Is an Alliance of 15 + Tribes that consist of Green membe's and some vet memebers. Not all inexperience but like you said you do not know much about them ^_^

By the way Fallen Lords will be here and will not wash out. ^_^

boomer0901
03-07-2011, 05:02 PM
You are pretty close Surly but there a lot of organised pve and pvp guilds. Some tribes do want to stay neutral and possibly conquer if you can maintain neutrality, we don't know how the game mechanics for expanding and conqeuring but there are plenty of guilds inbetween pvp/pve.

Zenmaster13
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Fallen Lords - From Ultima Online Chapter been pvping since 98' most of our community people are vet's when it comes organizing and setup.
TGM - Is an Alliance of 15 + Tribes that consist of Green membe's and some vet memebers. Not all inexperience but like you said you do not know much about them ^_^

By the way Fallen Lords will be here and will not wash out. ^_^

You missed the most important point he was making about TGM "self-important and living in fantasy"

furanku
03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
You missed the most important point he was making about TGM "self-important and living in fantasy"

Nah I chose to ignore it, since it was just bullshit ^_^.

Surly
03-07-2011, 08:47 PM
well if you don't want to seem self-important, don't advertise an alliance with a bunch of overly dramatized language and a bunch of silly titles, meaningless graphics, and treaty definitions that have no participants.

so why does TGM hate hopi?

furanku
03-07-2011, 10:02 PM
well if you don't want to seem self-important, don't advertise an alliance with a bunch of overly dramatized language and a bunch of silly titles, meaningless graphics, and treaty definitions that have no participants.

so why does TGM hate hopi?

I do not want to beat the hopi vs tgm wheel anymore since it has died down. TGM does not hate Hopi Tribe, there was just a little "dissagreement" that has no been resovled. Answering your pervious questions; we have a bunch of tribes involved in our tready act and we have tribes involved in all parts of it. However, I am currently creating a simple overlay of text to explain our treadies what they mean, and how to apply so it is clear and understandable. Just because we are a large alliance does not mean we are all self-important.

Now silly Titles? TGM (The Green Mist) alliance is our title not silly. Minus the homestead that is sitting near me (DogEatsShit) <silly name. The Graphics I setup are meant to create a bit more touch and go with players versus just normally reading text, and if I can create them with ease, why not improve my overall gaming experience iwth others? So far it seems most people like them. Is that all?

Kinslayer
03-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Any of you street-wise shitbags got a survey of what Tribes and Alliances seem most likely not to wash out in a week or two of the game? Who are the biggest carebears? Who are the biggest griefers? Who're the most experienced PvP clans?

So far all I've gleaned from the grapevine is this stuff, tell me how I'm doin':
Hopi- a big tribe, mostly focused on PvE, no previous experience, lots of carebear-type members (is it a "zerg clan" or just some benign carebear fest?)
TGM- alliance of some various inexperienced clans that are self-important and living in fantasy? that's my take on it, don't know much.
Apache- some semi-carebear startup tribe that's somewhat small. they seem kind of cool but a little green (and seems like they want to nut cup a lot)

I've yet to see any real commitment towards conquest-oriented clans though. Is most of the political scene around here occupied by a sense of PvP vs. PvE players? Seems like most of the community is all cryfaced about one of the two of those labels. It just seems to me that there's no real organization at all, it's just a chaotic shitfest that'll boil down to "griefers" vs "carebears" with lots of chest thumping and pissing contests.

I mean, I'm fine with that... but it just seems weird. Am I missing something big here, or are the clan politics around here just plain dead? Seems like the PvE crowd outnumbers the PvP crowd 2:1, and they just want to play house.I think you just rely on the forums too much. If youre serious about conquest, you think advertising it on the forums is a smart thing?

Hopibear
03-08-2011, 12:06 AM
It would be nice to have an overview about alot of different tribes + alliances..
Hope there will be more info later on about it..

Hopibear
03-08-2011, 12:06 AM
It would be nice to have an overview about alot of different tribes + alliances..
Hope there will be more info later on about it..

Salvadore
03-08-2011, 06:08 AM

I mean, I'm fine with that... but it just seems weird. Am I missing something big here, or are the clan politics around here just plain dead? Seems like the PvE crowd outnumbers the PvP crowd 2:1, and they just want to play house.

You've got a good generalized idea about whats going on atm. There are quite many tribes out there that arent forum heavy. Hopi has been the most noticable pve-zerg ive seen and always have a couple people blindly argue any pvp-centric discussion on the side of pve. I was supportive of the whole evil alliance thing going after them, though did not want involved. Hate zergs but hate nutcupping...

I know of at least 4 clans that have great backgrounds that are taking the "conquest" aspect of the game very seriously. They are basically getting prepped to the best of their abilities and simply waiting to see where everything goes. Im sure there are more than the 4 i know about of course. With the potential this game has, many gaming communities are watching it but worried about committing due to all the other burns they've had with mmo's in the past.

Chances are, unless you are involved with one of the conquest guilds, its probably not in an immediate plan because it is slated for awhile down the road. Also, how many of said active tribes have experience in MMO's that involved conquest? I bet that ones pretty low as well especially judging by the forums when it is merely mentioned "asset destruction" and droves of people stamp out the idea due to pure fear of the topic. Maybe outlooks will change once the anti-asset destruction people see what is capable without direct asset destruction...

Politics will pick up as soon as the game gets moving and combat gets updated. ATM everyone is mainly in a holding pattern waiting on final wipes and startup. I expect everything to change if the release goes smoothly and /hatethreads start popping up like CRAZY when favorite spots get taken and encroached upon regularly...especially if there is nothing anyone can do about it except random out-of-village pvp !

Dubanka
03-08-2011, 08:19 AM
going to wager that many of the 'conquest tribes' are also on the fence about the game in general.

with combat mechanics fubar, territorial control and seige elements still completely unknown, xsyon still has a lot to prove...prove that they can do it and do it right. Of course if they do, the we will see the full mobilization of the various war machines that a lot of the players here (via the guilds they are part of) can bring to bear...and some of the names here can bring some serious pain if they get their organization behind them.

boomer0901
03-08-2011, 08:48 AM
what he said ^^^^ And assuming a few ppl around don't try and turn this whole game into a 2 alliance zerg, cough, cough.

brando
03-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Sweet lord baby jesus this game is bringing out the big names ...

Atreyu
03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I think you just rely on the forums too much. If youre serious about conquest, you think advertising it on the forums is a smart thing?

+1 to this.

Surly
03-08-2011, 03:44 PM
I do not want to beat the hopi vs tgm wheel anymore since it has died down. TGM does not hate Hopi Tribe, there was just a little "dissagreement" that has no been resovled. Answering your pervious questions; we have a bunch of tribes involved in our tready act and we have tribes involved in all parts of it. However, I am currently creating a simple overlay of text to explain our treadies what they mean, and how to apply so it is clear and understandable. Just because we are a large alliance does not mean we are all self-important.

Now silly Titles? TGM (The Green Mist) alliance is our title not silly. Minus the homestead that is sitting near me (DogEatsShit) <silly name. The Graphics I setup are meant to create a bit more touch and go with players versus just normally reading text, and if I can create them with ease, why not improve my overall gaming experience iwth others? So far it seems most people like them. Is that all?
well thanks for the answer, don't feel too compelled to defend yourself from the onslaught of accusations about your penchant for silly self-aggrandizement though. just ribbing you guys since that alliance thread looked a little gay. but most alliances are at least a little gay, especially pre-game ones, so no big deal.

glad to see i'm not missing anything terribly important. this is probably the least developed pre-game political situation i've ever seen.

I think you just rely on the forums too much. If youre serious about conquest, you think advertising it on the forums is a smart thing?
depends on their goals, but if anyone were wholly dedicated to the notion of conquest without any of the publicity, e-peen, or conflict that came with it they'd be pretty boring. and boring people are usually non-factors. i'm not discounting some cloak and dagger schemes by puffy fops in the background, i just don't care about those people.

Proto
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey there good buddy!

Conquest, there shall be!

Eventually anyway, whenever they devs let us. So who knows, all the conquest guilds may be gone by then.

Good to see you though!

btw, don't expect to last long here...remember how quick we removed from the earthrise forums or whatever that game was? Same deal.

Redemp
03-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I don't know half as many of the "Big Names" as I'd like ; and like half as many of the "Big Names" half as much as they deserve.

Did I do it right?

There isn't much chest thumping going on due to the state of the game, I'm sure at some point it will pick up. It also might be because the majority of the player base has never heard of really... anyone thats here, just goes to show you how much "winning" a game means.