PDA

View Full Version : Nomads of Xsyon

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
NOMADS OF XSYON ( A Neutral Tribe )

The Nomad Creed

Who are the Nomads of Xsyon?

The Nomads of Xsyon are primarily a nature-loving, social role-playing tribe. We are true nomads, and as such, are a very mobile people just as interested with steady migration and exploration, as we are about settling down and nation building. That is not to say that we will not be settling down and making town building our priority. It simply means that as Nomads, we will periodically set out and engage in exploratory expeditions that will take us from campsite to campsite, following seasonably available wild plants and game. We will raise herds, and move them between the permanent spring, summer, autumn and winter pastures, in patterns that prevent the depletion of pastures beyond their ability to recover, and in our travels and explorations we will offer the skills of our “crafts and trade” to other settled tribes and populations in far off regions.

It is important to note, however, that as a very flexible and an easily adjustable people capable of adapting and assimilating to any lifestyle, there will never be any restrictions placed on any NoX member should they decide to permanently settle down, engage primarily on hunting, animal breeding or exploration, or take part in any other personal project that they may wish to endeavor. Although we hope to maintain our share of hard-core members, NoX’s membership philosophy is also designed to benefit, and perfectly suited for the casual and solo player.

Are there any requirements to becoming a Nomad of Xsyon?

There are no special requirements and/or qualifications necessary to becoming a Nomad of Xsyon. For all intents and purposes, the NoX are designed to be a perfect introductory and social tribe for all new members of Xsyon, be they a hardcore, casual, or solo player. We aim to be very helpful to each other in all areas of the game, including providing introductory assets, helping with quests, and offering helpful starting tips. The primary tribe objective for NoX, besides fun RP and social interaction, is forming a viable support group for each other. No matter what individual or personal endeavors we partake in, we will always back each other up in times of strife, and be available for each other in time of need. Combat-wise, we are primarily a peaceful tribe that aims to get along with all tribes, be they good, neutral or evil. We will not, however, be bullied or tolerant of disrespect from any other tribe, and will respond accordingly to any aggression, even if the consequence is imminent defeat. The important thing is that the NoX will always band together through thick and thin. Ultimately, we are of the “All for one, and one for all” philosophy.

What if, after some time in Xsyon, I decide that my interests are more in line with another tribe?

If after some time, any member of NoX decides they want to leave and join another tribe, we will support the NoX member’s decision to do so. The Nomads of Xsyon do not frown upon, or hold any grudge or hard feelings against any member of NoX deciding to leave NoX and join another tribe whom they find whose interest fall more in line with their game play needs. On the contrary, we will accept and embrace the change as an asset to NoX, because the member’s roots with NoX could help to serve as an asset toward our future relations with the former NoX member‘s new tribe.

What will be NoX’s main interests in Xsyon?

* Architecture/Builders.
* Animal taming/breeding.
* Bartering.
* Crafting.
* Exploring/Adventuring.
* Fishing
* Gathering resources.
* Hunting animals.
* Questing.
* Scavenging for scraps and rare objects.
* Social RP interaction.

Tribal Structure

The Nomads of Xsyon follow no set class or rank structure. We are basically free-spirit wanderers and adventurers who are free to engage in any facet of living (game play) allowed by our “Nomad Creed” and the land of Xsyon. As nomads, we are confident that our hunters, breeders, gatherers, scavengers, crafters, and adventurers will naturally evolve in time to take their rightful place as the “experts“ and “masters” of their respective trades in the Xsyon community, and we will do so according to our natural strengths, abilities, and preferred play styles as individuals. As such, our tribe therefore finds it unnecessary to pigeon-hole, or categorize, any of our members into any type of tribe imposed trade responsibilities or tasks. We will simply “do whatever we like, however we like, whenever we like” and we will rise to the top by doing so.

Method of Operation

Although our tribal customs and lifestyle will be one that includes travel and exploration, we will nevertheless endeavor to always maintain a main nomad encampment where we will hold our Nomad Councils campfire meetings to discuss major tribal business and conduct our daily operations. This tribal encampment will also act as a permanent home base for our nomad crafters, traders, and breeders who chose to remain at “home,“ and it will house any crafting equipment, trading kiosks, or herding pens necessary to their respective trades. In our Nomadic explorations, we will live in temporary camps as we migrate throughout Xsyon . It is from these temporary camps that we will conduct our intermediary travels and expeditions as we set out on our adventures to explore the faraway corners of our vast land, the land of Xsyon.

Communication

Since NoX is designed to be a heavy role-playing tribe where very little reference will be made to real life matters, text-based role play will be the default standard mode of communication. Text based communication will serve to enhance the effort to maintain a more immersive and escapist environment for our members, where they will be able to get away from real life matters and allow the limits of their imagination to dictate their evolving environs. Text based only communication will also serve to maintain a consistency with the casual-friendly, and all inclusive nature of NoX, in that it will allow for those members who would prefer to not use vent, be it due to handicap or privacy concerns, or general residence inconvenience, to participate in tribe activities without the worry of being excluded from day-to-day tribe events and activities. Lastly, from a role-play standpoint, text-based only communication is in perfect keeping with our "luddite" culture and consistent with our ancient nomadic lifestyle. In short, as a Nomad of Xsyon, you are living in Xsyon. Your existence outside of Xsyon is irrelevant, and for all intents and purposes, non-existent.

Who are the leaders of NoX?

NoX aims to assume a "leadership by committee" type rule. Meaning all decisions in NoX will be put to the membership and the majority vote will prevail. It is the understanding of NoX members that true and natural leaders are not self-appointed, but chosen. As such, it is assumed that members possessing inherent leadership qualities will emerge in time and assume specific leadership roles, such as exploratory expedition group leaders, hunting group leaders, and combat proficiency leaders. I, Ashanti, will serve as our Creed Guardian, safeguarding our Nomad Creed, maintaining those administrative functions and responsibilities necessary to ongoing day-to-day tribe management, and casting the final vote should there be an impasse on any measure brought to the vote of tribal membership. It is important to keep in mind, however, that the underlying philosophy and purpose that defines NoX in this document will, in fact, be written in stone and, as such, will never be up for vote or debate. People will join NoX based on the underlying philosophies and purposes as defined in this document, and it would not be fair to them if these core values where in any way compromised, or changed, after the tribe has been formed.

Do we have a website?

www.nomadsofxsyon.com

__________________________________________________ _____

“State of the Nomad Nation”

Although the Nomads are always open to “quality” members who espouse the edicts brought forth in our Nomad Creed, our tribe membership is over the minimum number required by Xsyon to enjoy tribe membership benefits as dictated by our land, the land of Xsyon. As such, we harbor no illusion of simply growing larger just for the sake of being “big“, and currently ascribe to inviting only *quality* tribe members to our tribe who share our common tribe ideals of unity, kindness and respect for each other, and who possess our tribe’s common goals of being “casual-friendly” free-spirit wanderers, who come and go as they please, are free to do as much or as little as they please, and do so whenever and however they please.

This is not to say that we will not have our share of ambitious members who will seek to achieve, and take part in every benefit given to us by the land of Xsyon, because we certainly will, and I suspect as the game progresses our eventual achievements will surprise many. It simply means that unlike many other tribes, who will be focused, and indeed required, to contribute to nation building, land conquest, and PvP dominance, the Nomads set no such goals in stone, and as such, set no timetables or responsibilities to achieve any of the above mentioned.

As we stand, we are currently a very tight knit group of like-minded tribe members, who enjoy RP , have common game-play styles, and respect and enjoy each other. It is important to note that although we are an "100% 24/7 RP Only" tribe, our RP terms are flexible and varied. That is to say that although we aim to completely role-play our lives while in-world, there is no particular level of RP experience required to be a Nomad, or to engage in our in-world role-playing once our Xsyon world launches. All that will be required of our members is that they simply conduct themselves, while in-game, as if they were actually living in the land of Xsyon. No RP experience or fancy RP texting will be necessary, unless of course, you are an advanced role-player and it is your preferred method of RP, in which case we will all learn from you. I expect that in time, as our members evolve in-world, our tribe’s RP experience will also evolve and we will find our own level of comfort as it pertains to tribe role playing.

We are a tribe who aims to get along with all tribes, be they good, neutral or evil. We have no natural enemies (as of yet anyways ), and we are currently allied and have developed very good friendships with several tribes, a couple of which are already quite prominent in size, and of whom we expect to have long and beneficial relations.

If you should have any questions regarding any aspect of NoX, or should you be interested in joining NoX, please post your questions or membership interests on this tread, or on our website. Thank you for your interest.

Ashanti
Nomad Creed Guardian
Nomads of Xsyon

Cradlejoe
03-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a pretty damn cool tribe!
Best of luck with it all :cheer:

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Thank you Cradlejoe :)

I am not expecting a lot. It doesn't have to be a big tribe. Even a minimum amount of members would suffice so long as they are stress-free, casual-friendly, fun socially, and RP oriented.

Nezabyte
03-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I have yet to find a tribe to call my own, but this one sounds interesting. Work + school is keeping me busy at times, and I'd like a small tribe that understands that. RPing might be fun, too. So yeah, just wanna give my support :) And if it becomes more than an idea, I may hop on board when the game starts.

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 12:19 PM
hi Nezabyte,

Thats great! That makes 3 of us so far. If you are the creative type and would enjoy designing a logo, website, or anything along those lines for us let me know ok. Otherwise, I'll just search for a generic forum tool on the internet to get us started.

Thanks again for expressing interest. It should be a lot of fun once we get going and start exploring :)

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 12:29 PM
P.S - I'd just like to make it clear to any future members expressing interest. It is understood that any members who express interest reserve their right to change their mind later.

This is just a thread for those of us with like-minded interest to express interest and share potential membership ideas.

At worst, the worst that can come of this thread is new introductions and friendships before game launch.

Exciting times are ahead :cheer:

Lizzy
03-22-2010, 12:35 PM
If this tribe becomes a reality I'd be very interested in joining too. :)

TangerineSky
03-22-2010, 12:36 PM
This is like the more serious version of The Tribe Tribe. I like your prinicples and beliefs on guild structure. I have similar theories and presumptions of creating successful guild harmony.

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Aww, thank you Lizzy,

That makes four of us expressing interest so far.

The "twinkle in our eyes" potential NoX members so far are;

Nezabyte
Lizzy
Ashanti
and
my knucklehead brother who can't decide on a name yet lol

This is so exciting :cheer:

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Thank you TangerineSky.

If NoX does become a reality, maybe we can form a productive alliance with The Tribe Tribe.

NoX aims to be very resourceful in their gathering, hunting and scavenging. We will need tribes to sell our bountyful goods to and it would be an honor to do trade with a tribe of common interest like The Tribe Tribe. ;)

Spitfire5
03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
I roleplay a pterodactyl..

I wish the best of luck to your clan! I think RP clans will be better for the community.

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Thank you Spitfire5.

Hopefully we'll be roleplaying once the game launches.

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Ok, I probably should go do some chores. I am constantly reminded that, no matter how long I procrastinate, they will not get done on their own.

So off I go.

Please feel free to email me or post here if you should have any suggestions or ideas. Remember, anyone is welcome to "grab the bull by the horns" sort of speak and continue with ideas and forming potential bonds on this thread while I am gone. Everyone is welcome. If you are a Nomad, you belong.

Dominus
03-22-2010, 01:44 PM
No fancy pic to go with the introduction?

Cradlejoe
03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Dominus wrote:

No fancy pic to go with the introduction?

He may need a kick ass sig to get the attention of this community.

TangerineSky
03-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Dominus wrote:

No fancy pic to go with the introduction?I'm going to help her remedy that. Might have to get ikisi to create another tribute.

Bedouin
03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
I like the idea of this tribe too B)

Unrestrictive yet coherent, I'd like to see it come to light.

Ashanti
03-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi Bedouin, thank you for your input. Let me know if you might be interested in NoX in any capacity ok.

Oh, and TangerineSky, I would be interested in seeing what you can come up with for NoX ;)

sisler86
03-22-2010, 11:44 PM
You can count me in! This tribe idea seems to have great potential in becoming a reality.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Yay, welcome Sisler. We are already up to six members who have expressed interest. We are getting pretty close to the point were the Nomads of Xsyon are a reality as opposed to a "twinkle in our eyes."

Six members is already a nice representative group. It would be nice to have a few more though so we can always have at least a few people online at all times to fly our flag and represent NoX.

Kardyn
03-23-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm already with a tribe but I would like to say that I like the idea of a nomad tribe and I would certainly like to see it come to light. Your ideas are certainly appealing and I hope it can be realised.

An RP tribe like yours will add flavour to the gameworld :)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 08:23 AM
Thank you for your input and support Kardyn, It is very much appreciated.

sisler86
03-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey Ashanti, I 'm going to start keeping an eye on the discussion threads to see if there is anyone out there looking for a tribe like this one. If I find anyone I'll direct them to post here. Any news on our sig yet?

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi Sisler ... hmmm we're still working on a sig but we do have a couple of nice community members helping us with creating one so we'll see. BTW, we had a couple of more people express interest and they seem really nice. I think we're forming a really nice group of people to launch into the world with. It should be lots of fun. ;)

r0ss0
03-23-2010, 01:25 PM
/wave "hello" Good Luck with it guys!

Ivan Streptovsky
03-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Ashtanti, if you guys want a sig, send me a PM with what exactly you want on it and I'll see if I can't work something out for you.

Nezabyte
03-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Glad to see the group is growing :) Looking forward to playing with you folks once pre-orders get access!

sisler86
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Nezabyte wrote:

Glad to see the group is growing :) Looking forward to playing with you folks once pre-orders get access!

Not to get too off-topic but any news come out on when that will be? I had heard this week, but I seriously doubt it.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Rosso and Ivan, thank you both for taking the time to come on and wish NoX good luck and offering with assistance.

The kindness of this community is really heart warming. We are either going to have a wonderful diplomatic relations or you guys are just lulling NoX into a false sense of security before the ominous dawn that will await us at launch :S

Hi Nezabyte, hi Sissler :)

r0ss0
03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Can only speak For hopi and myself , But we are not a warring tribe , And besides your Tribe Description , And goals Are bang on to us :) . So We come in peace!

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Oh, that is really nice to know Rosso. We will be doing a lot of gathering, crafting and scavenging, and since we won't be doing much by way of nation/town building, it will be good to have good trading relations with friendly tribes to dispense of those types of resources. And maybe barter for ... *fine fashions?*

We may not aim to be the meanest tribe but we sure do aim to be the best dressed :laugh:

Just kiddiiiing guys lol

sisler86
03-23-2010, 04:09 PM
r0ss0 wrote:

Can only speak For hopi and myself , But we are not a warring tribe , And besides your Tribe Description , And goals Are bang on to us :) . So We come in peace!

Heck yeah, peace and trade with my second favorite tribe! Hopi FTW! Well, NoX FTW, but Hopi can come too! :laugh:

brando
03-23-2010, 04:14 PM
When the New Vegas embassy is up and running I'm sure you'll be welcome to come by and trade as well as sample our more ... exotic ... services lol.

We need some civilians to fill in the cantonment area. B)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 04:25 PM
brando wrote:

When the New Vegas embassy is up and running I'm sure you'll be welcome to come by and trade as well as sample our more ... exotic ... services lol.

That sounds wonderful Brando. I am certain that in time there will be bands of Nomads entering your embassy looking for trade and barter.

*um... exotic services? :huh:

sisler86
03-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Um.... I think you've got the wrong kind of RP in mind Brando, lol

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 04:34 PM
sisler86 wrote:

Um.... I think you've got the wrong kind of RP in mind Brando, lol

:laugh:

brando
03-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Its Vegas, baby! We're here to spread the lifestyle and the good word. :laugh:

sisler86
03-23-2010, 04:37 PM
lol, Lake Tahoe is nowhere near Vegas, but whatever keeps you going man :)

brando
03-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Its just across the state. We're here to spread Vegas cheer to the locals.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
brando wrote:

*NEWSFLASH* Hence as of this minute ... the male nomad membership is heretofore prohibited form trading, bartering or otherwise coming anywhere withing one mile of the 191st Expeditionary Battalion Vegas Embassy *sigh* :S

Jadzia
03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Oh, that is really nice to know Rosso. We will be doing a lot of gathering, crafting and scavenging, and since we won't be doing much by way of nation/town building, it will be good to have good trading relations with friendly tribes to dispense of those types of resources. And maybe barter for ... *fine fashions?*

We may not aim to be the meanest tribe but we sure do aim to be the best dressed :laugh:

Just kiddiiiing guys lol

Ahh fashion !! When I read your tribe description, I felt we would be friends...but now seeing your interest in ingame fashion I know we will be !! We have to organize a fashion show ASAP I think :laugh:

Well I wish you the best luck with your tribe, if you need friends you know where to look for them :)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Jadzia wrote:

Ahh fashion !! When I read your tribe description, I felt we would be friends...but now seeing your interest in ingame fashion I know we will be !! We have to organize a fashion show ASAP I think :laugh:

Well I wish you the best luck with your tribe, if you need friends you know where to look for them :)

I have a feeling we are going to be inseparable once the game launches Jadzi :)

Jadzia
03-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Jadzia wrote:

I have a feeling we are going to be inseparable once the game launches Jadzi :)

Can't wait ;)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Jadzia wrote:

Can't wait ;)

We just have to be very careful not to wear the same outfit on launch day :laugh:

sisler86
03-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Ashanti wrote:

brando wrote:

*NEWSFLASH* Hence as of this minute ... the male nomad membership is heretofore prohibited form trading, bartering or otherwise coming anywhere withing one mile of the 191st Expeditionary Battalion Vegas Embassy *sigh* :S

girls ruin everything........ :(

(Just kidding Ashanti, you're the best) ;)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
sisler86 wrote:

(Just kidding Ashanti, you're the best) ;)

No, you are Sisler ;)

sisler86
03-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Ashanti, when you get some time you should throw up a list of people so far in our tribe so we can see how many more we need to recruit to become official.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Ok this is what we have so far ..

Nezabyte
Lizzy
Sissler86
Bedouin
GetAngry
Ariyanna (RL friend - not sure if she will use this name in this game though)
knucklehead (my brother - pretty sure he wont use this name but he is knucklehead to me still lol)
Ashanti

... so we have eight so far with a few people who have expressed interest. Hopefully we will have a few more before launch but this isn't so bad considering we have only been in existence for a little over one day. keep in mind too that fewer members isn't such a bad idea to begin with because it will give us a chance to spend quality time with each other and get to know each other before we expand further. Still I think we're still at the point were a few more would be better.

So c'mon you nomads out there. Joiiiin NoX!

"We may not be the meanest, but we are definitely the best dressed" :P

Pfft let me stop before I scare people away :unsure:

sisler86
03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Ok this is what we have so far ..

Nezabyte
Lizzy
Sissler86
Bedouin
GetAngry
Ariyanna (RL friend - not sure if she will use this name in this game though)
knucklehead (my brother - pretty sure he wont use this name but he is knucklehead to me still lol)
Ashanti

... so we have eight so far with a few people who have expressed interest. Hopefully we will have a few more before launch but this isn't so bad considering we have only been in existence for a little over one day. keep in mind too that fewer members isn't such a bad idea to begin with because it will give us a chance to spend quality time with each other and get to know each other before we expand further. Still I think we're still at the point were a few more would be better.

So c'mon you nomads out there. Joiiiin NoX! ;)

Sounds good! Unless I'm sorely mistaken, I believe we need at least ten to be able to form a tribe, but I agree that we should keep it relatively small at the start. We still have to welcome interested people though so I guess we'll just see how it all pans out. I can't wait to explore Xsyon. I'll probably be stockpiling resources so if anyone wants something just ask. :)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Ya, I agree. One of the first things we should do is get together and take off on an exploratory expedition.

Iron Maiden
03-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Once in-game will you send me RP greetings? It'll fill my heart with joy :)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Iron Maiden wrote:

Sureee ...

Would you be interested in joining us Iron?

sisler86
03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Ya, I agree. One of the first things we should do is get together and take off on an exploratory expedition.

That would be pretty sweet.

btw, I'm not 100% sure that sisler86 will be my in-game name, but I will let you all know when that time comes so you can find me.

Iron Maiden
03-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Iron Maiden wrote:

Sureee ...

Would you be interested in joining us Iron?

Thanks for the offer, but i'm playing with some good buddies in BaC.

I think i'd miss nonestop pvp :(

I wish you good luck though!

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 06:30 PM
sisler86 wrote:

btw, I'm not 100% sure that sisler86 will be my in-game name, but I will let you all know when that time comes so you can find me.

Ok. TBH, it's not a guarantee that any of us will be able to keep our names once the game launches so we'll just have to sort of find each other once the game launches.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Iron Maiden wrote:

Thanks for the offer, but i'm playing with some good buddies in BaC.

I think i'd miss nonestop pvp :(

I wish you good luck though!

Oh ok Iron, thank you for peeking in and wishing us good luck :)

sisler86
03-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Ok. TBH, it's not a guarantee that any of us will be able to keep our names once the game launches so we'll just have to sort of find each other once the game launches.

True. I really hope we get enough people to go official. At least we have a lot of support from all the other tribes. A NoX/Hopi alliance would be very beneficial for both tribes as we have very similar goals and and interests. Plus The Hopi tribe members are just awesome people. I see us getting along really well.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 06:39 PM
sisler86 wrote:

Ashanti wrote:
[quote]True. I really hope we get enough people to go official. At least we have a lot of support from all the other tribes. A NoX/Hopi alliance would be very beneficial for both tribes as we have very similar goals and and interests. Plus The Hopi tribe members are just awesome people. I see us getting along really well.

Ya I've already made really good friends with a few of them. We seem to be natural allies and a really good fit for each other. A few other tribes have been equally nice. I think we will have many allies. Our lifestyle and philosophy don't really pose a threat to any tribe. It should be lots of fun. :)

sisler86
03-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Ashanti wrote:
[quote]True. I really hope we get enough people to go official. At least we have a lot of support from all the other tribes. A NoX/Hopi alliance would be very beneficial for both tribes as we have very similar goals and and interests. Plus The Hopi tribe members are just awesome people. I see us getting along really well.

Ya I've already made really good friends with a few of them. We seem to be natural allies and a really good fit for each other. A few other tribes have been equally nice. I think we will have many allies. Our lifestyle and philosophy don't really pose a threat to any tribe. It should be lots of fun. :)

agreed! We should let them know that if they feel they are getting too big then they could start directing people this way too if anyone is interested.

r0ss0
03-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Well 10 members is when your allowed to start up a village :)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 06:52 PM
That would be nice. But it's worth mentioning that as much as we may have in common, we do have a few differences in philosophy also.

The immediate obvious difference that I can see is that they are still interested in town/nation building and their tribe structure is more formal and harder core than ours.

We are nomads, and as such, are free-spirit wanderers. Although we hope to have our share of hard core players, I imagine an equal number of our members to be of the casual, solo type variety. Which is great because it fits nicely with the nomad theme.

If all goes well, I foresee our tribe as being stress-free with little day to day responsibilities and little overhead. But this all remains to be seen because our environment will tend to dictate our evolving behaviour.

It should be interesting thats for sure.

sisler86
03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Ashanti wrote:

That would be nice. But it's worth mentioning that as much as we may have in common, we do have a few differences in philosophy also.

The immediate obvious difference that I can see is that they are still interested in town/nation building and their tribe structure is more formal and harder core than ours.

We are nomads, and as such, are free-spirit wanderers. Although we hope to have our share of hard core players, I imagine an equal number of our members to be of the casual, solo type variety. Which is great because it fits nicely with the nomad theme.

If all goes well, I foresee our tribe as being stress-free with little day to day responsibilities and little overhead. But this all remains to be seen because our environment will tend to dictate our evolving behaviour.

It should be interesting thats for sure.

Agreed. I had just noticed that they are only taking a few more members and thought that we may be the "next best thing" for players that have a similar mindset. That way no one is getting rejected and we can all benefit from it.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Guess what Sisler??

sisler86
03-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Guess what Sisler??

What Ashanti? :huh:

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
sisler86 wrote:

Ashanti wrote:

Guess what Sisler??

Look!! :cheer:

TangerineSky
03-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Ashanti wrote:

Guess what Sisler??

Look!! :cheer:I definitely like the sig. Maybe put each persons name in one of the corners and a small logo by it if they want one.

sisler86
03-23-2010, 07:14 PM
:woohoo:

.................I want one!

r0ss0
03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Very nice ;)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Ill send it to you now Sissler ;)

Thank you Rosso :)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh I didn't notice your post TangerineSky. Thank you so much :)

sisler86
03-23-2010, 07:29 PM
YAY! :laugh:

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow, look at you!

It looks good on you Sisler :cheer:

Nezabyte
03-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Our sig looks great! Awesome job to the creator B) I was thinking yesterday of creating a siggy for the clan and thought the same thing: "desert plain with a line of camels and the sun in the background". Never got around to it, so I'm happy someone else did. Great minds think alike, eh?

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Ya Nezabyte, it looks sooo good.

I love it! :)

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:46 PM
umm ... now we just need a few more members to join and wear them :blush:

sisler86
03-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I think considering how far we have come in two days, we will have plenty of people by the time the game officially releases.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Ya, I keep forgetting it's only been not even two days yet lol

sisler86
03-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Ya, I keep forgetting it's only been not even two days yet lol

It's ok. We are all getting pumped about the release.

Ashanti
03-23-2010, 07:57 PM
sisler86 wrote:

It's ok. We are all getting pumped about the release.

Yep.

Excuse me everyone I have to go RL for a little while ok.

I really enjoyed chatting with everyone.

Byeee for now B)

Jadzia
03-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Beautiful sig, congrats !

sisler86
03-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Jadzia wrote:

Beautiful sig, congrats !

Thank you Jadzia!

GetAngry
03-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Okay hi. Glad to be joining up with this tribe, looks like it's going to be fun.

sisler86
03-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Glad to have you GetAngry!

Bedouin
03-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Nice Sig.

With this many camels, its good to keep on the move... no need to clean up y'know.

Or we could gather them up in a pile and light it on fire. I hear the stuff burns nicely and does wonders to the olfactory sense.

GetAngry
03-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Just wondering if there's any 3rd party communication we could maybe get going?

Bedouin
03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
GetAngry wrote:

Just wondering if there's any 3rd party communication we could maybe get going?

like vent or teamspeak? I don't have a server personally and I have a horrible tendency to speak in British English mixed with some Alabamian ...

GetAngry
03-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Steam is always quite easy and effective :P

sisler86
03-23-2010, 08:46 PM
GetAngry wrote:

Steam is always quite easy and effective :P

Not sure about a 3rd party communication, but I did hear that there is a NoX website in the works which we will probably be able to post to. Unless you are speaking specifically about voice chat then I really don't know.

Iron Maiden
03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
If you need i have a 50man ventrilo i'd be willing to rent it out for a few mats here and there.

sisler86
03-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, It was fun everyone, but I seriously need to catch some Z's. I'll be on again tomorrow to chat. Keep recruiting guys and let Ashanti know if you bring anyone in so she can add them to the list. Thanks for the support all non-NoX members and keep moving nomads!

Ivan Streptovsky
03-23-2010, 09:08 PM
If you guys need a vent server these guys are pretty good:

http://www.instantventrilo.com/

It's what we use for USSR's vent. Haven't had any problems with them. Very easy to use and understand.

You can also go here:
http://www.retailmenot.com/coupons/ventrilo

And get coupon codes for the ventrilo provider to get 35% off.

I got a 25 man vent server with custom hostname and server redundancy for only $8.12

Lizzy
03-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Hey this really got moving while I was sleeping good to see, thanks for the sig etc, sorry I'm such a technophobe and can't help out.

sisler86
03-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Lizzy wrote:

Hey this really got moving while I was sleeping good to see, thanks for the sig etc, sorry I'm such a technophobe and can't help out.

It's all good. There are a million other ways to help out if you feel the desire. :)

Ashanti
03-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi all. I just noticed the Tribe List was updated and our tribe is now listed. Redus is doing a really good job with the list. Thanks Redus.

sisler86
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Hi all. I just noticed the Tribe List was updated and our tribe is now listed. Redus is doing a really good job with the list. Thanks Redus.

Sweetness! :)

Ashanti
03-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi Sisler :)

sisler86
03-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Hi Ashanti! I see you changed your avatar again. Looks similar to Lizzy's now, lol

Ashanti
03-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Ya, just keeping with the theme. It's so funny because after washing my hair this morning I wrapped it in a towel and then I wrapped another towel around my neck and mouth leaving only my eyes visible ... and then I stared menacingly into the mirror ...

hmm ... do you think I might be taking this a bit too far?

r0ss0
03-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Ya, just keeping with the theme. It's so funny because after washing my hair this morning I wrapped it in a towel and then I wrapped another towel around my neck and mouth leaving only my eyes visible ... and then I stared menacingly into the mirror ...

:laugh: :silly: :woohoo:

Noooooooooooo not at all... :dry:

sisler86
03-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Ashanti wrote:

lol, you crack me up :laugh:

I had Sonic for while but I didn't really think it fit or reflected me so I changed mine to Locke Cole from Final Fantasy 6.

Ashanti
03-24-2010, 10:26 AM
r0ss0 wrote:

:laugh: :silly: :woohoo:

Noooooooooooo not at all... :dry:

Lol, hiii Rosso :cheer:

Ashanti
03-24-2010, 10:30 AM
sisler86 wrote:

I had Sonic for while but I didn't really think it fit or reflected me so I changed mine to Locke Cole from Final Fantasy 6.

oh your avatar picture is a picture of Locke Cole?

sisler86
03-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

oh your avatar picture is a picture of Locke Cole?

Yeppers! :)

Ashanti
03-24-2010, 10:41 AM
sisler86 wrote:

[b]Yeppers! :)

k. I guess he sort of resembles a nomad too ... sort of scruffly ;)

sisler86
03-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

[b]Yeppers! :)

k. I guess he sort of resembles a nomad too ... sort of scruffly ;)

That's sort of my style. :P

Ashanti
03-24-2010, 10:48 AM
sisler86 wrote:

I'm exactly the opposite. Everything has to be just right or I won't leave the house.

Well, I'm off to class ... TTYL k

sisler86
03-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

I'm exactly the opposite. Everything has to be just right or I won't leave the house.

Well, I'm off to class ... TTYL k

You're a woman though so it makes sense :laugh:

Have fun in class!

sisler86
03-25-2010, 02:10 AM
100th post! YAY!!!

btw....... we need more people :P

Lily
03-25-2010, 04:02 AM
Oh dear god don't you people have msn or something? 11 pages of essentially PMs between two or three people destroys the soul you know.

sisler86
03-25-2010, 04:15 AM
Lily wrote:

Oh dear god don't you people have msn or something? 11 pages of essentially PMs between two or three people destroys the soul you know.

Better this than another Carebears vs. Power Rangers debate :laugh:

r0ss0
03-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Lily wrote:

or 47 pages of tribe tribe excellence?

Lily
03-25-2010, 04:34 AM
We're all inclusive, discussion is open to everyone. This is just a closed conversation.

Eh, but I'm derailing now. Best wishes for the tribe and hope you get your own forum up soon! ;)

sisler86
03-25-2010, 04:39 AM
Lily wrote:

We're all inclusive, discussion is open to everyone. This is just a closed conversation.

Eh, but I'm derailing now. Best wishes for the tribe and hope you get your own forum up soon! ;)

Thank you, and me too! We have a web page in the works so once that gets up then all non-recruitment related conversation will go there, but until then, we need something to keep us on the front page, lol ;)

Ashanti
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Ok nomads, we now have a website to call our own!

www.nomadsofxsyon.com

:woohoo: :cheer: :laugh:

sisler86
03-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Ashanti wrote:

www.nomadsofxsyon.com

Just registered. :woohoo:

Ashanti
03-25-2010, 08:35 AM

sisler86
03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Hey Ashanti! I'm PMing you. I have a couple of ideas for the website I want to run by you.

Ashanti
03-25-2010, 08:49 AM
sisler86 wrote:

Hey Ashanti! I'm PMing you. I have a couple of ideas for the website I want to run by you.

Oki, plus the upside to PMing me instead of posting here is that we may also be sparing a few souls in the process :laugh:

I just kiddiiing Lily :laugh: ... please don't PK me when the game launches ;)

Ashanti
03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Ashanti wrote:

www.nomadsofxsyon.com

FYI:

Our forum is open for registration but the contents of the forum are currently still under construction (Ie., forum categories, sub-categories, permissions etc). I'm currently buried in it and for the most part just at the scratching my head phase, but I'll get through it ... :S

sisler86
03-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Ashanti wrote:

www.nomadsofxsyon.com

FYI:

Our forum is open for registration but the contents of the forum are currently still under construction (Ie., forum categories, sub-categories, permissions etc). I'm currently buried in it and for the most part just at the scratching my head phase, but I'll get through it ... :S

If you get too locked up in it and feel you need a break or if you get too frustrated trying to figure things out then just PM me and I may be able to help out.

r0ss0
03-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Site looks Tidy!, PM If you need some help Starting up

sisler86
03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
r0ss0 wrote:

Site looks Tidy!, PM If you need some help Starting up

Not as elaborate as yours yet, but we'll get there :)

At least now we have a place to call home and a good foundation for the tribe to start growing.

Rohaan
03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Based on your description of the Nomads, It would be nice if post prelude, the nomads would be adopted by Xsyon as an official starter tribe. I look forward to interacting with the Nomads ingame, Nomadic people can sell you good intel on the day to day things happening in the game zone.

Jadzia
03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Lily wrote:

Please don't discourage them to post on their own thread, Lily, this is the way they can get new members, and this is the way we can get to know them better.

Ashanti
03-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Rohaan wrote:

Based on your description of the Nomads, It would be nice if post prelude, the nomads would be adopted by Xsyon as an official starter tribe. I look forward to interacting with the Nomads ingame, Nomadic people can sell you good intel on the day to day things happening in the game zone.

Hi Rohaan. Wow, that is such a nice thing to say. I know I've said it before but this community is so awesome. The Nomads also look forward to interacting with you and The Wolverines. You are just one of a few in your tribe who have expressed kindness and assistance to the Nomads. And yes, as a wandering and exploratory tribe, we hope to not only have a wealth of information about the on going events and politics throughout the land, but also carry a wealth of resources that we will be gathering and needing to sell and barter to other tribes throughout the land. And The Wolverines will certainly be one of them. Thank you so much for peeking in our thread and extending diplomatic relations. :)

Ashanti
03-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Jadzia wrote:

Please don't discourage them to post on their own thread, Lily, this is the way they can get new members, and this is the way we can get to know them better.

Hiii Jadzi :)

We keep missing each other lol

Anyways, TTYS ;)

GetAngry
03-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Ashanti wrote:

www.nomadsofxsyon.com

I don't know about you guys but I am not able to make a thread or post in on the forum. I was going to start and introductory thread but that didn't work out so well :lol:

Ashanti
03-25-2010, 09:27 PM
GetAngry wrote:

I don't know about you guys but I am not able to make a thread or post in on the forum. I was going to start and introductory thread but that didn't work out so well :lol:

Hi GetAngry :)

The website is still under construction.

Yep, you guessed it ... I broke it :huh:

Hey, I am a nomad. I can ride the heck out of a camel but put a computer in front of me and the best I can think to do is throw some logs around it and build a nice comfy campfire. :woohoo:

Anyways, hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow ok.

Nezabyte
03-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Sweet, now we have a website. Just need a post-apocalypse theme to match! :cheer:

brando
03-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Nezabyte wrote:

Sweet, now we have a website. Just need a post-apocalypse theme to match! :cheer:

I'm sure your wish is someone's command :P

sisler86
03-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Just took a look at the website. It's starting to look awesome!

Jadzia
03-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Hiii Jadzi :)

We keep missing each other lol

Anyways, TTYS ;)

Hi there :) Perhaps we are in a very different time zone ? That would be a shame thought :( I'm at GMT+1.

sisler86
03-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Attention fellow nomads. There was an introductory topic started by GetAngry in the campfire section of the forum on our website. If you would like to respond, just post a little something about yourself.

Wrekkoning
03-27-2010, 05:56 AM
do nomads plan on bringing in their darkfall crew as well?

sisler86
03-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Wrekkoning wrote:

do nomads plan on bringing in their darkfall crew as well?

I can't say that I ever got into Darkfall, but I can only speak for myself. I tried it, but it just felt to me like more of a giant arena than a sandbox.

We accept anyone though and should appeal to all neutral/good players of any play style.

Taylor999
03-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Dont Think its the same Nomads from DF Wrekkoning

Wrekkoning
03-27-2010, 10:11 AM
nope, but it seems like they may be the same silver sun republic. if my memory doesn't fail me.

brando
03-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

nope, but it seems like they may be the same silver sun republic. if my memory doesn't fail me.

Psssst, that's the 191st Wrekkoning ;)

Wrekkoning
03-27-2010, 01:27 PM
I guess when i scanned over the nomads signature and it said its origin is on the silversunrepublic site.. it got me wondering:)

So the real question now, is... who are they to you? if your the silversunrepublic too.

sisler86
03-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

I guess when i scanned over the nomads signature and it said its origin is on the silversunrepublic site.. it got me wondering:)

So the real question now, is... who are they to you? if your the silversunrepublic too.

I think that is just where the image is hosted. I could be wrong.

Wrekkoning
03-27-2010, 02:32 PM
I could host a Sig on my site, but I guess at the same time, it would be weird for me to go to YOUR site and host MY sig to put it on a forum.

sisler86
03-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Wrekkoning wrote:

I could host a Sig on my site, but I guess at the same time, it would be weird for me to go to YOUR site and host MY sig to put it on a forum.

lol, if you are that curious then talk to Ashanti about it. I have no idea where it came from. She's the one who distributed it.

Ashanti
03-27-2010, 08:07 PM
sisler86 wrote:

if you are that curious then talk to Ashanti about it.

:huh:

I inacent :unsure:

brando
03-27-2010, 08:43 PM
I gave Ashanti some help on getting her tribe up and running, sigs included. Silver Sun is all about helping the RP community flourish however we can.

Ashanti
03-27-2010, 08:52 PM
brando wrote:

I gave Ashanti some help on getting her tribe up and running, sigs included. Silver Sun is all about helping the RP community flourish however we can.

No he didin't! :ohmy:

It was me ... I did it. :S

It was my fault ...

... my fault I tell you!! :ohmy:

*sigh* :S

sisler86
03-27-2010, 08:55 PM
At least we have someone to thank now for a job well done.

brando
03-27-2010, 09:02 PM
lol sorry, I figured I'd come out with it before the conspiracy theorists went all crazy. I'm attached forever more to Hyperion so people tend to watch me like a hawk just waiting to see what kind of schemes are going in the background. :laugh:

sisler86
03-27-2010, 09:05 PM
brando wrote:

lol sorry, I figured I'd come out with it before the conspiracy theorists went all crazy. I'm attached forever more to Hyperion so people tend to watch me like a hawk just waiting to see what kind of schemes are going in the background. :laugh:

Just when you thought high school ended too :laugh:

Ashanti
03-27-2010, 09:08 PM
brando wrote:

... and so the drama begins :ohmy:

Nomads of Xsyon will forever now be linked to Las Vegas, the underworld, and the Wolverines. B) :blink:

We are a peaceful tribe ...

no ... really. :dry:

:cheer:

sisler86
03-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Hey Brando. Did you make the wolverine's new sig as well? Cuz I gotta say...that's pretty BA.

brando
03-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Nope, the credit for that goes to Radison. He's the master artist of the guild.

sisler86
03-27-2010, 09:14 PM
brando wrote:

Nope, the credit for that goes to Radison. He's the master artist of the guild.

Ah, well they're both a fine job.

O- blood eh? A rare one you are.

Ashanti
03-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello Nomads, I updated our website to include all of Developer Xsyon's posts relevant to game features and information. I tried my best to list them in a concise, easy to read and find format so that readers can target those subjects that they are most interested in without having to sift through a million threads. All of the credit and thanks goes to the Xsyon community on the main Xsyon website as they were the ones who took the initiative to ask hard knowledgeable questions and, of course, many more thanks go out to Dev Xsyon for taking the time and patience to answer them in such a timely manner.

I hope this forum proves useful to everyone. I hope to keep this forum fully updated so don't forget to check back often.

sisler86
03-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Hello Nomads, I updated our website to include all of Developer Xsyon's posts relevant to game features and information. I tried my best to list them in a concise, easy to read and find format so that readers can target those subjects that they are most interested in without having to sift through a million threads. All of the credit and thanks goes to the Xsyon community on the main Xsyon website as they were the ones who took the initiative to ask hard knowledgeable questions and, of course, many more thanks go out to Dev Xsyon for taking the time and patience to answer them in such a timely manner.

I hope this forum proves useful to everyone. I hope to keep this forum fully updated so don't forget to check back often.

Sweetness. You're the best Ashanti!

Ashanti
03-28-2010, 11:09 AM
No, you are Sisler ;)

Villa
03-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Asalaam Alaikum Nomads.
I take it you are also true believers like us?
What say you join our campaign to crush the disbelieving heretics?

Ashanti
03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Villa wrote:

Asalaam Alaikum Nomads.

sisler86
03-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Villa wrote:

Asalaam Alaikum Nomads.

You are going to have to be a LOT more specific than that.

Villa
03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Asalaam Alaikum Nomads.

You have camels in your signature.

sisler86
03-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Asalaam Alaikum Nomads.

I honestly can't believe I didn't make that connection...

reubenmunro
03-28-2010, 02:53 PM
sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Asalaam Alaikum Nomads.

I honestly can't believe I didn't make that connection...

Funny stuff :lol:

Bedouin
03-29-2010, 08:44 AM
It is true that only one in ten camels are trainable. Even less if you want one that isn't surly.

Ashanti
03-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Bedouin wrote:

It is true that only one in ten camels are trainable. Even less if you want one that isn't surly.

Not ours Bedouin, The Nomads of Xsyon ride only the best camels. It has been said that NoX camels are the "cadillacs" of camels ... it's true!

Here are a few more fun-facts about our camels ...

They are fascinating and extremely adaptable animals and have developed particular features for hot and dry environments. Although they readily prefer to nibble tender tree sprouts, they thrive browsing on a diet of sparse pasture, salty plants, or thorny bushes, and can go for fairly long periods of time without drinking.

Evolution has given them a number of advantages :

* All their fatty tissue, which is their energy reserve, is stored above their body, insulating their viscera from the sun's burning heat.
* They do not perspire, and their long feet keep them far above the scorching ground.
* Body water is recycled from the bladder, and humidity is retrieved from air exhaled through the nostrils.
* Camels can close their nostrils if the air gets too dry.
* They can withstand considerable swings of body temperature without any damage.
* Their feet are cushioned to protect them from the hot and rough terrain.
* Their feet are also spread out, to keep them from sinking in soft sand.
* Many other features, e.g. protecting their eyes, allow them to live in a particularly hostile environment.

Scientists keep on finding new amazing features that support the firmly held belief of all camel breeders : that they are the most noble animals on Earth.

Disclosure: I, Ashanti, obtained the above info by sneaking into our library tent and googling "camels."

sisler86
03-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Bedouin wrote:

Not ours Bedouin, The Nomads of Xsyon ride only the best camels. It has been said that NoX camels are the "cadillacs" of camels ... it's true!

Here are a few more fun-facts about our camels ...

They are fascinating and extremely adaptable animals and have developed particular features for hot and dry environments. Although they readily prefer to nibble tender tree sprouts, they thrive browsing on a diet of sparse pasture, salty plants, or thorny bushes, and can go for fairly long periods of time without drinking.

Evolution has given them a number of advantages :

* All their fatty tissue, which is their energy reserve, is stored above their body, insulating their viscera from the sun's burning heat.
* They do not perspire, and their long feet keep them far above the scorching ground.
* Body water is recycled from the bladder, and humidity is retrieved from air exhaled through the nostrils.
* Camels can close their nostrils if the air gets too dry.
* They can withstand considerable swings of body temperature without any damage.
* Their feet are cushioned to protect them from the hot and rough terrain.
* Their feet are also spread out, to keep them from sinking in soft sand.
* Many other features, e.g. protecting their eyes, allow them to live in a particularly hostile environment.

Scientists keep on finding new amazing features that support the firmly held belief of all camel breeders : that they are the most noble animals on Earth.

Disclosure: I, Ashanti, obtained the above info by sneaking into our library tent and googling "camels."

Tell us something we didn't know..... :laugh:

Ashanti
03-29-2010, 09:37 AM
sisler86 wrote:

Ya, but let's be honest here ...

My camel does not have anything "fatty" on her, nor does she have long or wide feet.

I just wanted to clear that up a lil bit.

The rest of it is pretty spot on though.

sisler86
03-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

My camel does not have anything "fatty" on her, nor does she have long or wide feet.

I prefer horseback myself, bit don't think for a second that I would pass up a chance to ride on a camel if the opportunity were to ever come my way. :)

Villa
03-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Is it true that Camel Spiders > Nomads of Xsyon?

sisler86
03-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Villa wrote:

Is it true that Camel Spiders > Nomads of Xsyon?

Is there seriously a tribe called the camel spiders?

r0ss0
03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
its actually a bad ass spider found in iraq / afghan , Or in your ration kitbag...

Villa
03-29-2010, 09:51 AM
No, but if there was, would you start fearing the lord?

sisler86
03-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Villa wrote:

Do you have a degree in not making any sense?

Villa
03-29-2010, 09:53 AM
sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand.

Ashanti
03-29-2010, 09:56 AM
sisler86 wrote:

Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

I prefer horseback myself, bit don't think for a second that I would pass up a chance to ride on a camel if the opportunity were to ever come my way. :)

Funny you mention that ...

We are thinking about upgrading to horses next year.

I hear maybe "mustangs."

It's currently on the Nomad Council rug for approval.

Villa
03-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Best horses are Arabian.

sisler86
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Sweetness

sisler86
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Exactly

Villa
03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Exactly
no u

Ashanti
03-29-2010, 10:01 AM
r0ss0 wrote:

its actually a bad ass spider found in iraq / afghan , Or in your ration kitbag...

Hi Rosso :)

I would say hi to Villa but ...

I not sure If I'm allowed :dry:

sisler86
03-29-2010, 10:07 AM
r0ss0 wrote:

Yeah... I've seen a few. They're pretty disgusting if I do say so. Their long, skinny and hairy.

Ashanti
03-29-2010, 10:09 AM
sisler86 wrote:

r0ss0 wrote:

Yeah... I've seen a few. They're pretty disgusting if I do say so. Their long, skinny and hairy.

Ugh...spiders :S

Villa
03-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Ashanti wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

r0ss0 wrote:

Ugh...spiders :S
He was talking about his ration kitbag.

Ashanti
03-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Villa wrote:

He was talking about his ration kitbag.

umm ...I know you don't mean he's going to eat it :S

/disgusting :dry:

GetAngry
03-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Villa is trolling this thread hardcore.

Ashanti
03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I updated our site, Nomads. Please take a look around and let me know if there is anything else you would like to see added to it.

Bedouin
03-29-2010, 09:58 PM
I like it, you did an amazing job.

The only thing I would like to see added would probably be a pangolin mating call sound bite. One that would go off randomly every now and again.

sisler86
03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Bedouin wrote:

I like it, you did an amazing job.

The only thing I would like to see added would probably be a pangolin mating call sound bite. One that would go off randomly every now and again.

That would be pretty BA!

Stundorn
03-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Hi, i am from germany and very interested in your tribe.
Here are some questions:
What timezone you are playing ?
I am a roleplayer for over 20 years but not very good englishspeaking, do you think this could be a problem ?

If timezone and language cause no problems i can imagine to join your tribe.

I don't want to conceal that i am the leader of the
roamers-community, who always had eqal descriptions like the nomads of xsyon in other games.
Maybe, if there are enough germanspeaking roleplayers i plan to found the 'roamers of xsyon' as the germanspeaking counterpart of NoX. Just because roleplay and language and maybe timezone.
But as i read this would be no problem within your rules.

Asside from this, i would be a loyal nomad glad to find some funny roleplay in the game. ;)

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 06:30 AM
Stundorn wrote:

Hi, i am from germany and very interested in your tribe.

Hi Stundorn :)

Here are some questions:
What timezone you are playing ?

We do not limit ourselves by timezones, Stundorn. We consider ourselves to be a tribe with international appeal, and anticipate eventually having members from all timezones.

I am a roleplayer for over 20 years but not very good englishspeaking, do you think this could be a problem ?

It will not be a problem at all. Because of our "all-inclusive" tribal philosophy, which includes text-based communication as our tribal mode of communication, lack of communication between the international communities should not be a problem. Should it become necessary, there are a myriad of user-friendly text based language translators over the internet that we can resort to communicate with each other in an effective, comfortable and efficient manner.

If timezone and language cause no problems i can imagine to join your tribe.

And we would love to have you join our tribe, Stundorn :cheer:

I don't want to conceal that i am the leader of the
roamers-community, who always had eqal descriptions like the nomads of xsyon in other games. Maybe, if there are enough germanspeaking roleplayers i plan to found the 'roamers of xsyon' as the germanspeaking counterpart of NoX. Just because roleplay and language and maybe timezone. But as i read this would be no problem within your rules.

Our tribal philosophy is designed to cater specifically to players with similar concerns as yours. The Nomads were designed to address the void that other tribes may have to players harboring your same concerns. Your concerns were our concerns, which is exactly why the Nomads were born. In short, we are an "all-inclusive" tribe that aims to cater to all people and all play-styles (*No gankers though please - We consider ourselves a peaceful host who's aim is to get along with all tribes who inhabit our land, the land of Xsyon. We will resort to fighting only when provoked. And although we don't really want to go there, we reserve the right to evict any tribe from our land if they continue to be bad :ohmy: :dry: ).

Asside from this, i would be a loyal nomad glad to find some funny roleplay in the game. ;)

Thank you, Stundorn. When you get a chance, please visit our website, www.nomadsofxsyon.com, make yourself at home, and introduce yourself. Welcome to the tribe Nomad :laugh:

Nezabyte
03-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Something up with the forums lately? Been having trouble loading it.

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Nezabyte wrote:

Hi, Nezabyte.

Really? I haven't experienced any problems.

I'll look into it ok.

Has anyone else experienced problems loading our website?

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm in our website now Nez, can you try again?

sisler86
03-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Nezabyte wrote:

Hi, Nezabyte.

Really? I haven't experienced any problems.

I'll look into it ok.

Has anyone else experienced problems loading our website?

Yeah, I keep getting an internal server error when I try o go there. Just started today

I think it is an issue with the site hosting the forums because our sigs wont even show up.

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 09:35 AM
sisler86 wrote:

Yeah, I keep getting an internal server error when I try o go there. Just started today

I think it is an issue with the site hosting the forums because our sigs wont even show up.

Ok, I think it went bye bye.

Not going to panic but ...

HELPPP!!! :ohmy:

Rohaan
03-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Try again!!!! I bet it works

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Rohaan wrote:

Oh, thank you Rohaan.

I assume you just heard that through the grape vine? :P

/the conspiracy lives :S :dry:

Rohaan
03-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Ashanti wrote:

Rohaan wrote:

Oh, thank you Rohaan.

LOl, I was in our base camp, and a group of Nomads came through telling stories of a broken line of communication with others of their kind.

sisler86
03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Rohaan wrote:

Ashanti wrote:

Rohaan wrote:

Oh, thank you Rohaan.

LOl, I was in our base camp, and a group of Nomads came through telling stories of a broken line of communication with others of their kind.

Most definitely.... :unsure:

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Rohaan wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Most definitely.... :unsure:

oOK, that would explain everything, now wouldn't it?

... *aalrighty then! :huh::dry:

Rohaan
03-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Our forward base camp that is here in the Lake Tahoe area, Not in New Vegas.

sisler86
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Rohaan wrote:

Ahh, so the one without the pretty girls???

Rohaan
03-30-2010, 10:59 AM
sisler86 wrote:

Rohaan wrote:

Oh No!!! Vuux, brings her employees out to the field for us.

sisler86
03-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Rohaan wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Rohaan wrote:

Oh No!!! Vuux, brings her employees out to the field for us.

NICE......... :laugh:

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Just an FYI, Nomads.

Our "Nomad Councils" forum now requires a password.

You didn't know we had secrets, did you? B) :laugh:

Anyways, please pm me for the password, or for those that have it, please pass it around amongst our members. Thank you.

Nezabyte
03-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Just an FYI, Nomads.

I find it an unnecessary annoyance :-/ Isn't it already restricted to members? If it's only for trusted members, just make separate ranks and permissions.

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Nezabyte wrote:

Ashanti wrote:

Just an FYI, Nomads.

I find it an unnecessary annoyance :-/ Isn't it already restricted to members? If it's only for trusted members, just make separate ranks and permissions.

The forums are not necessarily only restricted to Nomads, Nez. Any one can register and gain access to the inner forums without the use of a password. We welcome and invite other non-Nomad members to come in and join us in our forums. There is much that non-Nomad members can contribute to our forums, such as help with quests, and the odd bit of information they may want to share with us in our forums, to name a few. Our doors are also open to our allies, which we already have a few and I anticipate we will have more.

Our "Nomad Councils" forum, however, is a forum for us to discuss Nomad matters, some of which I anticipate will be for "Nomad eyes only."

I am open to suggestions though. If the majority feel it best to not have it restricted, then we won't have it restricted. If you like, we can discuss it further and vote on it in on our "Nomad Councils" forum.

Villa
03-30-2010, 01:40 PM
Salaams, Nomads.
I was curious as to why one of your members is (in their avatar) dressed as a true believer, yet is allowed to speak freely as if they have a position of authority.
Sisters are only allowed domestic duties. Please explain.

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Villa wrote:

Salaams, Nomads.
I was curious as to why one of your members is (in their avatar) dressed as a true believer, yet is allowed to speak freely as if they have a position of authority.

hmm ... excuse me?

sisler86
03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Villa wrote:

Salaams, Nomads.

I'll have to commend you in that I do not think I could have possibly thought of a more rude thing to say.

She speaks with authority because authority she has. Everyone has an equal standing in NoX.

Villa
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM
sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Salaams, Nomads.

I'll have to commend you in that I do not think I could have possibly thought of a more rude thing to say.

She speaks with authority because authority she has. Everyone has an equal standing in NoX.
Then you need to change your signatures, avatars etc as you do not truly reflect those who you are attempting to be like.

Diarmue
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM
While you may follow cultures and beliefs from the time before the mist came, we do not. The Nomads of Xsyon dress in clothing that is appropriate for travel, or fashion. Whichever we so incline. We also defend our own.

(and btw, hello new mates)

-Ghern

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Diarmue wrote:

(and btw, hello new mates)

-Ghern

Hi Ghern ... Welcome to our tribe, Nomad :)

Nezabyte
03-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Salaams, Nomads.

Then you need to change your signatures, avatars etc as you do not truly reflect those who you are attempting to be like.

Stranger, why do you care so much what we wear? In these harsh times, we wear what we can find and what we like. We are not trying to be anything but ourselves. And your belief that women are inferior has no standing in our tribe, nor your comments on what we should and shouldn't do.

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow ... you Nomads are a tough bunch.

I'm glad I'm on your side :laugh:

sisler86
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Wow ... you Nomads are a tough bunch.

I'm glad I'm on your side :laugh:

It's what we do B)

Reynolds
03-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Salaams, Nomads.

Says the person with a picture of a Sikh as his avatar.

sisler86
03-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Reynolds wrote:

Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Salaams, Nomads.

Says the person with a picture of a Sikh as his avatar.

lol, exactly. A muslim playing an MMO is it's own contradiction. :lol:

It annoys me when people poke fun at things and cultures that they know nothing about.

Villa
03-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Nezabyte wrote:

Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Salaams, Nomads.

Stranger, why do you care so much what we wear? In these harsh times, we wear what we can find and what we like. We are not trying to be anything but ourselves. And your belief that women are inferior has no standing in our tribe, nor your comments on what we should and shouldn't do.
I made no mention of women being inferior - you simply inferred this by misinterpreting my wise words regarding the distribution of labour.

Also, if you dress like a member of the COuncil of Mullahs, then you should join the Council of Mullahs.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

sisler86
03-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Villa wrote:

Nezabyte wrote:

Villa wrote:

sisler86 wrote:

Villa wrote:

Salaams, Nomads.

I made no mention of women being inferior - you simply inferred this by misinterpreting my wise words regarding the distribution of labour.

Also, if you dress like a member of the COuncil of Mullahs, then you should join the Council of Mullahs.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

or in this case a swan. Read our first post... we're not on the same page as you guys.

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Guys please be nice to each other :unsure:

Villa
03-30-2010, 02:58 PM
The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance.

brando
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Ashanti, you can set it up to give access per usergroup. I created the Nomad usergroup specifically so you could have private areas that no one else could access. A password on top would give added security though.

Ashanti
03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
brando wrote:

Ashanti, you can set it up to give access per usergroup. I created the Nomad usergroup specifically so you could have private areas that no one else could access. A password on top would give added security though.

Hi Brando :cheer:

sisler86
03-30-2010, 03:26 PM
brando wrote:

One step ahead of ya. I fixed it for her. Thanks though! :)

comestible
03-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Ignoring this will not change the facts; Sharia is not open to interpretation, it is what The Council says.

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 05:42 AM
I just want to give an update about our "Nomad Councils" forum. We will no longer be needing a password to enter it. It is now set up by group so that only Nomads have access. I know there has been some confusion about this since I sent out a password to enter it yesterday, so I just wanted to clear things up a bit.

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 10:45 AM
I just posted a bit of *juicy* information to our website, Nomads. Please check it when you get a chance. ;)

Leiros
03-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Greetings from another member of the Hopi Tribe! I just came across your tribe and wish you all the best. I look forward to seeing you in game! :)

sisler86
03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Leiros wrote:

Greetings from another member of the Hopi Tribe! I just came across your tribe and wish you all the best. I look forward to seeing you in game! :)

Thanks Leiros!

Hopi members are always welcome here. Good luck in-game my friend. :)

Largion
03-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Leiros wrote:

That sounds like a threat!

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Leiros wrote:

Hi Leiros, thank you for your kindness. I look forward to seeing you in game as well ;)

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi Largion :)

Bedouin
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM
Largion wrote:

Leiros wrote:

That sounds like a threat!

Heheh, I know most of the tribes haunting these forums think of an unattended pasture of fat grazing cattle whenever the tribe Nomads of Xsyon comes up.

We will not be defenseless B)
While we seem happy-go-lucky ... just remember the bunny.

Bedouin
03-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Bedouin wrote:

This one, btw.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wIIEWL-8LrE/SMpXBh2vf7I/AAAAAAAACNI/__Ehag5BmpA/s400/monty+python+holy+grail.jpg

Reynolds
03-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Not this one?

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/9/4/7/2/8/6/1/orig-9472861.jpg

:P

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 12:20 PM
That's not nice :(

I like bunnies.

sisler86
03-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Bedouin wrote:

Bedouin wrote:

This one, btw.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wIIEWL-8LrE/SMpXBh2vf7I/AAAAAAAACNI/__Ehag5BmpA/s400/monty+python+holy+grail.jpg

"Whaat, the rabbit?" "It IS the rabbit!"

Reynolds
03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Ashanti wrote:

That's not nice :(

I like bunnies.

So do I, bit of parsley, bit of thyme... lovely!

Largion
03-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Ashanti wrote:

Hi Largion :)

It looks like that smiley is going to attack me. :(

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 12:34 PM
:ohmy:

Those pictures are pretty sad ... now you guys are going to have to post cute bunny pictures to make me happy again :(

Or will I have to go to the Tribe Tribe thread now to find happiness? :dry:

Reynolds
03-31-2010, 12:37 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/so_cute_rabbit.jpg

There you go, wouldn't want to hurt your sensibilities!

Largion
03-31-2010, 12:39 PM
http://xsyon.com/forums/29-tribal-recruitment/2738-the-tribe-tribe?limit=10&start=500#12551

There you go.

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Reynolds wrote:

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/so_cute_rabbit.jpg

There you go, wouldn't want to hurt your sensibilities!

Awww ... he is so cute :laugh:

... he does seem a bit hungry though :huh:

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Largion wrote:

http://xsyon.com/forums/29-tribal-recruitment/2738-the-tribe-tribe?limit=10&start=500#12551

There you go.

tsk tsk ... sneaky sneaky lol

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Hello Nomads, I posted a couple of proposals in our Nomad Councils forum. When you have a few seconds, can you take a look at them so we can discuss them and bounce around ideas please. Thank you kindly.

Ghern
03-31-2010, 08:35 PM
bunny smoochies, aren't they cute.

http://www.howies.org/blog/BunnyKiss.jpg

Ashanti
03-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Ghern wrote:

bunny smoochies, aren't they cute.

http://www.howies.org/blog/BunnyKiss.jpg

Awww ... they are adorable!

I want to put them on my desktop now lol

Bedouin