PDA

View Full Version : Zombies

Thraz
03-08-2011, 02:00 PM
IMO all apocalypse games should have zombies. Why? Because it would make it that much more challenging. Players that play this game to craft and build would usually hide in their village where its safe to do their work, but with zombies they'll have to craft and build while watching their backs against npc zombies. It'll also force them into joining or building a tribe.

Zombies should be spread all over the zones sometimes solo and sometimes in mobs they attack the wild life and any player in their LoS. At night a mob of zombies should be attacking tribes and you must hold them off or they will destroy your buildings and other goods.

Zarin
03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I hope not, the idea has been milked so much with apocalypse settings.

FPrime
03-08-2011, 05:12 PM
From the feature list:

Creatures

Xsyon is populated with player humans and non player undead, animals and mutants. Creatures can be hunted or become the hunter.

No set creature spawns or re-spawns. Animals multiply based on the current creature population. Undead never truly die, or do they?
Creatures gain experience and power, potentially evolving into legendary beings.
Creatures can overrun areas or be depleted.
Creatures gravitate towards different areas based on mood and weather.
Creatures driven to the outer reaches of the world mutate.
Creatures possess realistic loot. If you see armor or a weapon on a creature you can take it. Animals can be carved up for raw materials.
Creatures are a primary resource for crafters.

You can see images of them in some of the old screenshots in the gallery too. :)

Thraz
03-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I just saw the zombie screenshot hopefully they'll be in the game on live :\

naters4lad
03-16-2011, 09:25 PM
They're supposed to have some sort of non player undead as FPrime pointed out but I'm hoping they won't be that common. Besides, even if we did have to "hold them off" during the day one would have to hope their tribe has enough members online during the night or day consistently to hold off the "horde" advance.

xenoclix
03-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Maybe these "zombies" are in the mist as the mist might be bringing the dead back to life! Very much so like the T-Virus :D

redrazor
03-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Zombies will be in-game as they are in a LOT of screenshots. Just check the Gallery

coca
04-21-2011, 08:29 AM
I might still have an active sub if they would have turned the zombies on !

+1

xyberviri
04-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I might still have an active sub if they would have turned the zombies on !

+1

Oh great another forum lurker that's just going to post asinine comments here and there and revive old threads because there bored

Armand
04-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Oh great another forum lurker that's just going to post asinine comments here and there and revive old threads because there bored

Oh great another forum regular playing pretend mod.

coca
04-22-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm not lurking.. I am actively posting relevant information. I think the game would highly benifit from having a non animal mob to hunt and kill that would drop other items besides
skin and bones.. perhaps clothing or weapons or maybe a trinket that isn't avalable to be made in game as a super rare or something to that effect.

I am in irc most days talking to devs and still sharing my ideas.

I really appreciate your responces though Xerbifaill.. I feel so loved. You have managed to respond to over 90% of every post I have made. I am glad I have that much influence over your forums contributions.

xyberviri
04-22-2011, 08:56 AM
yes because of the 10-15 active threads you managed to not post on how many?

Also the minute you remove the "players make everything" label to the "players make 99% of everything, but that 1% is allot better than what you can make" you really start to loose that whole crafting aspect of the game. the pre order weapons throw that out the window and hopefully there will be some type of master created weapons that are on the same par as they are.

unzubaru
04-24-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm not lurking.. I am actively posting relevant information.

Ye...your first post of "If this game had zombies on I would have an active sub" was really relevant. Cause everyone on here was really wondering why you hadn't resubbed, dammit stick to your words you damn hypocrite.

coca
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM
It is relevant becuase I quit of sheer boredom... and several others had too.
I prefer combat.. pvp over anything else.. pve would be nice but got to have a reason to fight something... no one cares about bragging you killed an NPC.. lol.. especially a bear or a deer... come'on man.

And several people do miss me... *sniff*

It is relevant becuase I quit of sheer boredom... and several others had too.
I prefer combat.. pvp over anything else.. pve would be nice but got to have a reason to fight something... no one cares about bragging you killed an NPC.. lol.. especially a bear or a deer... come'on man.

And several people do miss me... *sniff*

Astroknight
04-26-2011, 05:17 AM
I agree with OP : bring the fun, have zombies !

it's just fun to build defence lines, craft stuff to really survive against a threat (so minimal can it be). And just believe in Notorious Game designer to have something balanced for small communities.

coca
05-16-2011, 06:20 AM
I will resub 4 zombies ! YAR

jemmus
05-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Would prefer a chupacabra, a sasquatch, and maybe that moth man they see in West Virginia. I mean, zombies are just unrealistic imaginary/fantasy creatures.... ;p

fotuenti
05-17-2011, 02:03 PM
compromise, zombie sasquatch?

jemmus
05-18-2011, 06:56 AM
compromise, zombie sasquatch?
::Trying to visualize that:: Actually that could be pretty cool : )

Phatkat
05-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh great another forum regular playing pretend mod.

ummmm not really? he kinda has a point

Added after 26 minutes:

wow this thread blew up fast, and zombies are kinda relevent since xsyon is based on post-apocolypse.

though the idea is over used it would deffinitly be awsome to have zombies that acctuly come into your tribes unlike bears where you have to run 5 zones over just to see one.

Creator
05-18-2011, 02:39 PM
If rumors are true and there are zombies coming... I have demands to be made!

Working gates! If my demands are not met before the zombies rise I will start skinning puppies in zone 861!

There will be no mercy! So remember devs... "Make the gate and save the puppy!" or else...

P.S. I will be opening a lemonade stand, and my self flavored "Barter Water" will be available for only 10 nails a gallon.
( For a list of ingredients, and nutritional facts, please refer to my introductory thread, in the introduce yourself section. A.K.A my first post. )

Book
05-19-2011, 12:56 PM
It seems the Center for Disease Control has taken notice...

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

oh, and, not the puppies man!

xyberviri
05-19-2011, 01:08 PM
ummmm not really? he kinda has a point

Added after 26 minutes:

wow this thread blew up fast, and zombies are kinda relevent since xsyon is based on post-apocolypse.

though the idea is over used it would deffinitly be awsome to have zombies that acctuly come into your tribes unlike bears where you have to run 5 zones over just to see one.

http://www.xsyon.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_thumbnails/screenshots_1/mmorpg_xsyon_039_20100216_1082346504.jpg
^zombies

fotuenti
05-21-2011, 09:22 AM
http://www.xsyon.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_thumbnails/screenshots_1/mmorpg_xsyon_039_20100216_1082346504.jpg
^zombies

if you say there are zombies in that picture i'll just have to take your word for it lol

Creator
05-23-2011, 06:08 AM
if you say there are zombies in that picture i'll just have to take your word for it lol

I think he means the guy in his signature... he looks sorta zombie'ish... bwhaha..

xyberviri
05-23-2011, 09:17 AM
http://www.xsyon.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_originals/screenshots_1/mmorpg_xsyon_039_20100216_1082346504.jpg
http://www.xsyon.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_originals/screenshots_1/mmorpg_xsyon_030_20100216_1075958111.jpg

fotuenti
05-24-2011, 06:29 AM
http://www.xsyon.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_originals/screenshots_1/mmorpg_xsyon_039_20100216_1082346504.jpg
http://www.xsyon.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_originals/screenshots_1/mmorpg_xsyon_030_20100216_1075958111.jpg

ok, much better and thank you :)

i have 2 comments after seeing those pictures

1. WTF, I seriously want to play the game that is in those pictures !!!!
2. when can i have an old car seat to place near the camp fire :)

dezgard
05-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Soon (strokes a bearcat)

Azurfale
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM
I see a lot of zombie talk but wouldn't humanoid mutants (the people that didn't escape the mist) make more sense with the theme? Or even military personel that were searching for survivors and got caught in the mist?