PDA

View Full Version : stop putting totems on trashpiles

blake378
03-08-2011, 04:38 PM
after seeing the changes this morning not sure if it was a bug or not i think some kind of mechanic to prevent tribes from hogging up all the junk piles. right now tribes will just take over all the junkpiles i think that there should either be something to prevent the tribe lands covering the junkpiles or allow a certain distance from each junkpile that will allow a totem to be placed. soemthing needs to be done about this for sure.

ifireallymust
03-08-2011, 05:00 PM
after seeing the changes this morning not sure if it was a bug or not i think some kind of mechanic to prevent tribes from hogging up all the junk piles. right now tribes will just take over all the junkpiles i think that there should either be something to prevent the tribe lands covering the junkpiles or allow a certain distance from each junkpile that will allow a totem to be placed. soemthing needs to be done about this for sure.

No, and hell no. If it can be fenced, it can be lived on. If there was a way to prevent a tribe from fencing or otherwise restricting access to a jp, I'd be happy not to live on it. Since there isn't, I'm going to live right smack in the middle of one, so I will be able to craft and skill up. Then I'll move on.

KeithStone
03-08-2011, 05:07 PM
No, and hell no. If it can be fenced, it can be lived on. If there was a way to prevent a tribe from fencing or otherwise restricting access to a jp, I'd be happy not to live on it. Since there isn't, I'm going to live right smack in the middle of one, so I will be able to craft and skill up. Then I'll move on.

I hope there's still room to move on to when you run out of scrap.

NexAnima
03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I hope there's still room to move on to when you run out of scrap.

We all have to run out of trash sometime, the question is will the devs have the next step ready when we do? As far as placing on the trash, there should be no restriction on placing (minus the starting areas for obvious reason). First come first serve, as life has always been. And like humans, we will divide, spread and devour all resources until there is nothing left.

Is it true you can no long harvest on another's land?

Dubanka
03-08-2011, 05:22 PM
wish we had a forcible relocation option :(

ifireallymust
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Wish we had only six tribes and that we were forced to join one of the 6 or not play. Make the tribes: good crafter, good pvper, evil crafter, evil pvper, neutral crafter, neutral pvper. Forget the rest of it it, forcing everyone to join one of the six tribes would solve all our problems.

Zarin
03-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Yes, I agree we need a way to prevent this.

But what I think we really need is a different way to get some of the materials instead of just from junk piles.

blake378
03-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Is it true you can no long harvest on another's land? not sure if it was a bug or not but as of this morning before the server went down you couldnt

AlexTaldren
03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Wish we had only six tribes and that we were forced to join one of the 6 or not play. Make the tribes: good crafter, good pvper, evil crafter, evil pvper, neutral crafter, neutral pvper. Forget the rest of it it, forcing everyone to join one of the six tribes would solve all our problems.

That's one of the worst, most restricting ideas I've ever heard on this forum. Static faction/tribes would be horrible.

Jadzia
03-08-2011, 06:43 PM
That's one of the worst, most restricting ideas I've ever heard on this forum. Static faction/tribes would be horrible.

He was kidding :)

Dade512
03-08-2011, 06:53 PM
So what the OP is saying is that if a homesteader/clan/tribe places their totem on, beside, in-front or behind a junk pile that, regardless of the fact it's entirely engulfed by the tribe's influence, that the junk pile should still be free game for all?

That's just entirely ridiculous. Part of the whole point is to claim and gather resources. If, for whatever reason, you can't gather a particular resource - Trade.

blake378
03-08-2011, 07:03 PM
ok lets treat this like rl if i want to come into your yard and pick your grass while you are sleeping i can nothing is going to stop me unless you are there.

ifireallymust
03-08-2011, 08:36 PM
He was kidding :)

Yes, she was. But she was also making a point about how the OPs suggestion could lead to exactly this outcome. A few, huge tribes, a lot of fenced in junk controlled by those tribes. Some ratty little solo players and small tribes squabbling at the outskirts.

Dade512
03-08-2011, 08:44 PM
And in rl I can also have electrified fences, laser sensors, attack dogs, armed guards, pressure sensors and a home security company that will alert the proper authorities to an intruder's presence. We gotta have a bit of leeway here...

blake378
03-08-2011, 08:48 PM
right all that would take massive amounts of cash but you have a very valid point

Lerxst
03-08-2011, 09:14 PM
The way I view it, junk piles are going to be worthless dust bowls when the junk gets depleted. I'd rather have grass, trees, water and rock as well as an occasional animal spread throughout my land with the junk pile a short hop away.

Risk
03-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Junk piles are temp....even idiots can see that...were workin on the re-creation of...us...we have several tools that need metal craft...just as wood handles were scave...things update...quit bitchin....youll make your own shit uless yer lazy...

blackzilla
03-09-2011, 09:26 AM

No offence but silliest Idea you have had yet...

Bridger
03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
ok lets treat this like rl if i want to come into your yard and pick your grass while you are sleeping i can nothing is going to stop me unless you are there.

And in the real world, if you screw up and I am in fact there after all - when I blow your head off with a shotgun, you don't respawn in 90 seconds.

Viper66
03-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Place a totem actually on a junk pile?... should not be .. next to one fine,, actually on one does not stop anyone really if they want to search the area ,, just log in when there not there,, with all the time zones in play chances are no one is around all these areas 24/7 thus there free to look at and use.. only a very few under certian circumstances have someone there 24/7 ..

pendergraft
03-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Make the junk radioactive; prolonged exposure does serious damage to stats.

Sultan
03-09-2011, 11:22 AM
I think that we should put totems on junkpiles

Tandarie
03-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I think they should have made junk piles off limits for totems. BUT since they didn't Im parking right on top of one... and being a Homesteader with a teeny tiny footprint.. I CAN :)

I plan on moving into the moutains to a dream spot after I have gathered enough resouces. But that isn't an option right now.

Hooflung
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
I think they should allow putting totems on junkpiles. Not really a fun sandbox if can't play in all of it.

I also should be able to scav and pick resources off others property, if I can get in. If I get caught and slaughtered, maybe I'll learn. Maybe.

ifireallymust
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
I think they should have made junk piles off limits for totems. BUT since they didn't Im parking right on top of one... and being a Homesteader with a teeny tiny footprint.. I CAN :)

I plan on moving into the moutains to a dream spot after I have gathered enough resouces. But that isn't an option right now.

You...you...stole my dream!

Oh well, luckily there are lots of good dreamspots in the mountains. Just got to get those pesky skill high enough first!