PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

reubenmunro
03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Virtus wrote:

From there start there will not be any boats. the only large body of water needed for a boat is the lake, the rest of the area is just rivers.

As for fishing there will be fishing, I'm going to take an unofficial stab and guess it will be out on release.

Did you ever find out if your unofficial stab was spot on?

JCatano
03-23-2010, 06:19 PM
I hope it is a minigame type of thing. Darkfall's fishing is boring. SWG's was pretty decent.

reubenmunro
03-23-2010, 06:23 PM
JCatano wrote:

I hope it is a minigame type of thing. Darkfall's fishing is boring. SWG's was pretty decent.

Most enjoyable fishing I've played is in 'Legends of Zelda' on nintendo64. I think it's the variety in catch size that kept me hooked (har har).

JCatano
03-23-2010, 06:25 PM
I forgot about fishing in Zelda. That was a lot of fun.

Radison
03-23-2010, 06:30 PM
The fishing in Vanguard was pretty fun as well. It was a mini-game done in real-time.

I would love to see fishing in xsyon!

Dominus
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Fishing in Lineage 2 wasn't too bad. It required you to be there since you could fish out sea monsters that dropped chests of loot.

Palo god
03-23-2010, 06:45 PM
They could make more interesting forms of fishing like whale hunting, dynamite fishing, and shark wrestling.

Jadzia
03-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Palo god wrote:

They could make more interesting forms of fishing like whale hunting, dynamite fishing, and shark wrestling.

Woohoo, I want whale hunting and shark wrestling !! No interest in dynamite fishing though.

lazyfroguk
03-23-2010, 09:27 PM
shark wrestling
Midget farming
Strip poker
Rock paper scissors
Giraffe riding

if these features are not present i refuse to play the game.

Palo god
03-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Jadzia wrote:

Palo god wrote:

Woohoo, I want whale hunting and shark wrestling !! No interest in dynamite fishing though.

You wouldn't want to see huge explosions in the water and then all the fish floating to the top?

Cradlejoe
03-24-2010, 04:12 AM
reubenmunro wrote:

JCatano wrote:

Most enjoyable fishing I've played is in 'Legends of Zelda' on nintendo64. I think it's the variety in catch size that kept me hooked (har har).

Oddly enough a lot of people rate legend of zeldas fishing as better than actual fishing games. And with good reason.

Teotwauki
03-24-2010, 08:11 AM
MUD fishing FTW, Zelda was good though.

You - back your arm and smoothly cast your line over the railing into the nearby water. You judge the cast at about 123 feet.
5211h, 5160m, 20390w cekdb- You feel a fish nibbling on your hook.
5211h, 5203m, 20400w cexkdb- You tease your fishing line gingerly.
5211h, 5161m, 20390w cekdb- You have recovered balance on all limbs
5211h, 5161m, 20400w cexkdb- You feel a fish make a small strike at your bait
5211h, 5147m, 20396w cexkdb- You quickly jerk back your fishing pole, but the hook pulls free of the fish
5211h, 5147m, 20400w cekdb-

Stingraey
03-24-2010, 08:40 AM
The fishing in the bass pro games was fun! Screw the mini game. Make it a whole game in itself(minus the boat of course =/)

But itd be cool if you actually had to fight to reel it in, the various sizes of the fish were clearly noticable, discover which bait worked best with which fish, etc. Might be a bit too much to ask but itd be nice to have something that in depth to pass the time when ya need to.

NearlyDeparted
03-24-2010, 08:45 AM
I know i will get flamed for it, but I would prefer something more simple like WoW fishing. I don't wan't to be caught up in a mini-game when a red comes up behind me and start stabbin'

Teotwauki
03-24-2010, 09:01 AM
LMAO, people would go AFK while fishing, just walk up and steal all their sh!t (Including the 4k worth of fish they had just farmed). You would get a message about 20 mins later saying "soandso has hired soandso to take a contract on your life", usually with a whole string of insults/threats/begging afterwards.

Leiros
03-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Palo god wrote:

Haha whale hunting in Lake Tahoe? That would have to have been one heck of an apocalypse... as for dynamite fishing, I can see it now... "Hey guys, watch this!".... BOOM!... limbs go flying. :blink:

Xbwalker
03-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Maybe a nuke hit in the pacific and tossed some whales 300 miles inland to a perfect landing. Maybe God was like "BULLS EYE!".

Xbwalker
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Oh and the fishing in SWG was fun. Not so much for the fishing part but more for the ability to hang your fish on your wall. I had a wall with every type of fish from every planet in the game.

Nezabyte
03-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Sure, I'll support fishing. The more things people can do, the better. It would especially be cool to make it in-depth enough so that people that dedicate themselves to fishing can become a "master fisherman" and make a career out of it. Perhaps supply cooks or mages with rare ingredients?

sisler86
03-24-2010, 10:49 AM
reubenmunro wrote:

JCatano wrote:

That was good, but I'm gonna have to say that I thought fishing in Breath of Fire 3 for PS1 was way better. (Awesome game if you've never played it)

Xx1327
03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
yea defiantly on the fishing mini game wagon

Cochran1
03-24-2010, 07:19 PM
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOxt6r7HSNg

zrrz
03-25-2010, 09:20 PM
+1 for fishing minigame, a midget tossing game would be cool too.

Leiros
03-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Cochran1 wrote:

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOxt6r7HSNg

... I think I might be related to them... but those were some nice fish!

I want to tame a bear and make it do all of the fishing. :side:

Cochran1
03-26-2010, 12:25 PM
It seems a bit risky IRL but I thought the catfish noodling would be an interesting twist on ingame fishing. Considering creatures can evolve it might be fun to wrestle a giant mutant catfish from the water. :laugh:

Diarmue
03-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Add another here for fishing. :cheer:

Kitsume
03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Yes for fishing, I enjoyed the fishing game in LOTR.

sisler86
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Kitsume wrote:

Yes for fishing, I enjoyed the fishing game in LOTR.

As did I. It was completely pointless, but fun.

Falthorn
03-27-2010, 10:02 AM
I would not mind if fishing was modeled after LOTRO's fishing. Was always a good way to spend some time.

BLinDDeniaL
04-26-2010, 10:40 AM
This might sound strange, but I would be disappointed if they didn't introduce fishing and so will my mates.

In most mmo's which we have played, fishing provided us with a past time to just chill and talk while still doing something constructive. Also it is an enjoyable break from grinding/skilling etc. Of course what goes well with fishing is booze :)

So my personal highlights of the game would be if there was booze and fishing :)

Also due to the nature of Xsyon, I believe fishing would be imperative to the survival of people on a food level. If you look at civilization, their main food sources were hunting, gathering and fishing for sustenance in the early days. Later this evolved into husbandry, farming and fishing via boats.

Stephens
05-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Fishing should be for food, oils, skins (as in shark skin suit) even vitamins.

Chile
05-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Stephens wrote:

No sharks in fresh waster lake.

Kitsume
05-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Chile wrote:

Stephens wrote:

that is not connected to the ocean. Lake Tahoe drains into Pyramid Lake via the Truckee River, where all the water evaporates.

Sharks, however, have been seen in the Mississippi river far from the ocean. Example - Bull Shark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_shark)

Jadzia
05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Kitsume wrote:

Chile wrote:

Stephens wrote:

that is not connected to the ocean. Lake Tahoe drains into Pyramid Lake via the Truckee River, where all the water evaporates.

Sharks, however, have been seen in the Mississippi river far from the ocean. Example - Bull Shark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_shark)
Never heard of sharks being in fresh water....thats scary, lol.

Stephens
05-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Just an example. I know no sharks, but fish skin. Like even in snake skin boots.

Stephens
05-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Just an example. Fish can be used for many things.

Chile
05-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Kitsume wrote:

Chile wrote:

Stephens wrote:

Correct. Bull sharks swim from the ocean into the river. Lake Tahoe is no where near the ocean nor does it have a river like the Mississippi going to the ocean. I should have said... No sharks in lake Tahoe.

sicarius
05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
JCatano wrote:

I seriously would fish for hours back in the day. One of the best parts of that game IMO.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that in game, though I understand that would be hard to code and use in an mmo. Lot of processing space used to control those fish, that's why in zelda you were stuck in a tiny room.

Sabina
05-13-2010, 07:33 PM
sicarius wrote:

JCatano wrote:

I seriously would fish for hours back in the day. One of the best parts of that game IMO.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that in game, though I understand that would be hard to code and use in an mmo. Lot of processing space used to control those fish, that's why in zelda you were stuck in a tiny room.

I love fishing too, I spent hours fishing in Darkfall lol
Why not sharks in Lake Tahoe, this is post-apocalyptic after all, there could be ANYTHING in there ;) Mutant 5-eyed freshwater sharks!

kiwiitis
05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Stephens wrote:

Just an example. Fish can be used for many things.

Aye fish bones can be deadly :)

Kunra
05-13-2010, 09:06 PM
I love fishing in RL and have loved fishing in many games. I can see myself standing on a shoreline for hours at a time fishing as long as what I am gathering helps my guild.

Shrimps
05-13-2010, 10:06 PM
sicarius wrote:

JCatano wrote:

sorry had to laugh at this one.

Yes it probably did take alot of processing power.....back in the 90's.

I would hop that we've advanced a little bit since the N64, I'm reletively sure my pocketwatch has more processing power than that.

Fishing would be very interesting, although it could just end up boring, I mean half the fun of fishing in real life comes from getting drunk on the boat with your buds.

zoxdon
06-04-2010, 11:34 PM
y\\tht was the best fishing in game,,loved it,,other than a fishing game ,the best by far