PDA

View Full Version : Random craft groups..lvl70 problem...

Risk
03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
This is a direct post to Jookie..over betaing Craft skill....

You have first hand said a player who is skill 25 who makes a lvl 70....makes an item equal to a lvl 25 makin a 25.....
So I AGAIN ask you WHY you offer lvl 30 plus to people? All it results is ignorent kid with a lvl 45 and 70 and have no clue why they keep failing...

Again Jook... lvl 15 - 30 for starter crafts....I got a list....these new kids dont....

baka77
03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
This is a direct post to Jookie..over betaing Craft skill....

You have first hand said a player who is skill 25 who makes a lvl 70....makes an item equal to a lvl 25 makin a 25.....
So I AGAIN ask you WHY you offer lvl 30 plus to people? All it results is ignorent kid with a lvl 45 and 70 and have no clue why they keep failing...

Again Jook... lvl 15 - 30 for starter crafts....I got a list....these new kids dont....

I understand your point...I think...and it's valid. Speak like Yoda you do.

Risk
03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
heh ya sometime speak I do...

Key point is whats the point of makin a lvl 70 item if its crap....gotta be lvl 70 to make a good 70 item...I know and a few others know the LC levels...those who look..newbs dont......so why is Dev fuckin those kids with A) Shit they cant make.... and B) Shit if they eventually make equal to lvl 20..Homewood to lvl 25 Spooner? Why fuck a newbie with makin Aloha and Magoyta...when there just starting....

Risk
03-08-2011, 11:44 PM
And this is only LC...granted Lether is the only semi comlete craft....but Tailor and Bone are the same way...I see kids every day bitchen they get fail every time....I ask what they're tryin....always a lvl 50 when they are lvl 25.....

Marcolo
03-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Key point is whats the point of makin a lvl 70 item if its crap....

So here is a counterpoint to your argument/question. In my experience the best way to learn how to make something is to actually try over and over until you succeed. Often times this will lead to limited success, even if the output is terrible. From that you learn how to make it better the next time around.

But to back you up, would be nice to "learn" after you try at least once that there is no chance to succeed until your skill level is better. Then, at least, you won't be trying millions of times thinking one of those times will work.

Risk
03-09-2011, 12:12 AM
I love yer idea and held out for it for ages..till Jook himself said there was no point in uber crafting lvl 70 when yer skill is 25....I then asked why we still get offered lvl 70 with all its failiors.....aside from me, those who read my post and other old schoolers....whats a lvl 50 - 70 LC?? All player made number...

Why the FUCK would you screw a new paying customer with a set they dont know they can cycle.........

river111
03-09-2011, 12:17 AM
While I agree with Risk's theory, I can't agree it has a 'real' place in the theory of the game. Mathmatically you are 100% correct though.

Here is how I see it, and you have to understand I see things from an RP perspective more than a mechanical one most times, so here goes.

If I am planted in a strange world, with only the clothes on my back, a crude weapon, and a handful of crappy tools. With little knowledge of where I am or how I got there. Fending for survival from the very minute I can remember my own name.

If thats how I start, and how I learn, then I dont agree you should know that item your trying to make for the 1st time is 50 levels above your skill. After all, I only just got inspired to add bear claws to the toes of my boots when I made a pair of gloves that had the same on them. I didnt' know it was going to be as hard as it was to actually get my new idea to work the way I originally thought it should.

You understand where I'm coming from? Just because you as a player know the mechanic behind the craft, does not mean your character should. If you do fine, use it to your advantage, but dont force the game mechanic to override the roleplayability of the situation.

Marcolo
03-09-2011, 12:29 AM
If thats how I start, and how I learn, then I dont agree you should know that item your trying to make for the 1st time is 50 levels above your skill.

And I agree with that too. If there was an indication, I'd rather see something like "Too Difficult" or "Skill too Low".

But, It sounds like Risk's point is that it is distracting to the more seasoned players when all the new players are complaining on global that they can't build something they shouldn't be able to build. There is a certain amount of impatience with some players when they get a recipe, they "assume" they should be able to build it immediately. If they never got the recipe, they wouldn't complain (Of course, if global was gone that would solve the problem too).

I took the hint when I tried a recipe and it failed five times in a row. Not all players do that though, they start probing global for help.

I do like that I have "recipes" or "ideas" for crafts that I can't implement currently. From a roleplay perspective it is nice to think "Oh .. that would be cool, just not sure quite how to make it work yet."

Risk
03-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Riv...love ya for the RP...but remember its 2036...you grew up in this hell hole...2012 was when it ended...2036 is now...check yer totum..

In RP terms...does a crafter just stumble upon the knowledge to make something he cant? No...he works his arse off and picks up knowledge on the way...some are luckyier then others hence lvl 40 on start but thats just visual...been said over again...a lvl 25 LC Crafter making Spooners armor makes the same as a lvl 25 LC Crafter making Castle Rock...only one fails less....

Plague
03-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Failing in crafting will get you new formulas and will increase your skill so it's not all a waste if you fail 20 times on bone armor. I got once 3 new items knowledge by failing 15 times a row.

Risk
03-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Failing in crafting will get you new formulas and will increase your skill so it's not all a waste if you fail 20 times on bone armor. I got once 3 new items knowledge by failing 15 times a row.

Fail...

You gain on attempts kid...once you hit yer 13/13 you dont gain any more...awsome you fail 9 ot of 10 times get all of ...say Castle Rock...you even work your arse off to get all the racoon fiber you can to get the pieces NOT requireing 6 belt buckels...after shit load of fails you get that 80% of castle rock and meet me with a full set of Spooner plus a few friends cuz I didnt fail and can pass it around...
Our Spooner equals yer Castle...plus my wins and fails ALSO gained me those craft items...PLUS I had time to go scav new Patterns....

March....I know how crafting is done...

edit:
that was mean...sry

Im just getting that any true LC will have to reroll tons of times because we get stuck with lvl 50-70...seems cool when ya get it till you fail...over...and over...and over on rare shit its worse.....thats why I reroll till I get a 20-25...one thread/strap req....can plow through the points with that...and make a REAL lvl 70 set when im...lvl 70 lol.

Risk
03-09-2011, 02:37 AM
ps...still hoping you get the skin of your Guide of choice at 99....we're gunna see one nekid Mihr in 10 days lol

Kiriath
03-09-2011, 03:02 AM
if this is what ppl have to whine about id say the game is in pretty good shape.

Risk
03-09-2011, 03:10 AM
lol play the game a bit and youll understand..

tredo
03-09-2011, 04:56 AM

This is 100% correct... you gain skill, success or fail!!

jokhul
03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
One of the things I love (and sometimes hate) about Xsyon is the fact that there's so little info available about game systems.

To me, half the fun of playing is the discovering of how things work.

In most other MMO's I've played, every little detail of the game is plastered all over the internet in guides and spreadsheets and wiki's by the time it launches.

Yes, people like Risk who obviously played a lot in beta (and who says he will be at 99 crafting in 10 days) will be waaay ahead of me, but that won't spoil MY fun. However, if he posts a detailed guide on the 'net revealing the inner workings of Tailoring or some other craft, I'll not be able to resist and will read it. After that it becomes "crafting by spreadsheet" :( I'll lose out on a very enjoyable and sometimes frustrating time, but I'm only human after all.

Plague
03-09-2011, 10:03 AM
This is 100% correct... you gain skill, success or fail!!

Thats what I said, thanks for reading it properly (unlike some others). I don't get the mean skeleton man and what was he trying to say. Maybe he was just to arrogant to read properly.:)

Sorry that was mean... khm khm... kid.

As someone aleady said if this is all we can complain about I'm happy to pay 6 more months.:)

jumpshot
03-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I would rather start knowing how to make Crag Deathbone or w/e it's called and grind my way up to making it well, than to grind my way to 99 and still not know how to make it...

Robhood
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
So where are the armor lvl's listed?

Deacon
03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
I actually see this (failed attemps) as a way to remove some resources from the game.....making resources even more valuable ? A person wont know by looking at another person, when the armor was made by a master, or neophyte......so deciding whether to engage in combat is a risk.