PDA

View Full Version : March Madness Event - PVP - March 20th 2011

Siloras
03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Hello all,

On behalf of the Tusken Fort Tribe, I would like to invite you to the first PVP event hosted by Tusken Fort. The event will be held inside a coliseum as you have seen in the movie gladiator or even first hand in Rome, Italy. The Coliseum had been already built before the wipe, so we understand the design we would like to choose. It will be built again after final wipe.

This is a good opportunity for tribes to show their best in a bracket style tournament and even collect prizes along with respect. Also, a trading/barter session will be held 1 hour prior to each event. So come on out and make sure you sign up.

Please read below for more information.

March madness
Committee:
- Siloras
- Joren
- Raykin

Rules/Regulations:
- Fighters must sign up the night prior to Tournament.
- Fighter will be disqualified if he/she steps out of ring after fight has begun. Winner will move on to next round.
- Fighters will stand on opposite side of arena before the fight begins. Announcer will begin fight through chat.
- If fighter does not show up at the start of the fight, he/she will be disqualified and replaced with a backup.
- Brackets will be based on number of participants. Brackets will be posted 1 hour prior to event start on local forums under events. The bracket will be single elimination.
- Every tribe can seed one person from their tribe and only one. You may submit backups, but please prioritize your submittals.
- No naked personal. All fighters must wear armor.
- Once a fighter has died, No one will loot his/her corpse or will die on sight and be eliminated/banned from the arena.

- ALL RULES/REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE -

Cost to enter:
- Will be announced at a later date.
Date:
- Sunday March 20th 6:00 P.M CST
Prizes:
- Under review of committee, will be announced at a later date.

Please fill out this form and send it to Siloras on Tusken Fort Forums. Do not post this anywhere! Send it through mail on forums.
Tusken Forums: http://forttusken.proboards.com/index.cgi

Champion Information
Name:
Tribe:
Weapon(s) of Choice:
Armor Choice:

Tribe Information
Tribe Size:
Tribe Zone:

Player Information
Time zone:
Which date is more convenient? Sat. 3/19 or Sun. 3/20?

Any information given is going to be used strictly for seeding and setting up tournament brackets and will NOT be given out or shared with anyone not on the tournament committee. Even though we ask for time zones and convenient dates we realize we will not be able to accommodate everyone, but we will try to tailor the time/date so that a majority of entrants will be able to participate.

Contact us:
Please send any committee member a whisper in game or mail through forums for further questions.

nosebleed57
03-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Looking forward to our great tribe hosting this.

Zarin
03-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Excited to be there, will probably be good fun!

gjkunatz
03-10-2011, 12:22 AM
ahhhhhh i'm excited too Zarin. Even though I seen you posted in global before. We decided you're my rival just because are names our similar :)

redrazor
03-10-2011, 02:45 AM
I applaud an initiative that aims to give meaning to PvP and to promote it in the community with a sense of purpose to back it up, instead of all the New player ganking and random naked punshing some of us have been observing.

If Im able I will be present at this event, tough I probably wont compete.

Again, two thumbs up for this initiative and I wish you the best success.

Redwyne

AlexTaldren
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
We just posted the event on the Hopi forums. We have a few people who plan on attending and competing. Thanks for organizing.

Rybaker
03-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Joren of Tusken Fortess here.

Currently we are allowing all entries so contact Siloras, Raykin, or me in game or on our forums.

Also, we realize that with the current combat system every person has a "punchers chance" (pun intended) to win fights so we are planning to seed tribes based on size so we can set up some upset specials. To incentivize people to travel the distance and watch the gladiator tournament, like siloras mentioned we will be having a swap meet before and after the event. So even if you don't care about PvP feel free to come and trade wares so you can get those hard to find tools/materials you need to give your tribe/clan/band/homestead/split personality a head start. We hope to make it worthwhile for everyone interested to participate and we hope that this will be the first of many fun events in the Xsyon Community.

Xidian
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Very nice. I'm glad people are hosting events!

Zarin
03-11-2011, 01:58 PM
ahhhhhh i'm excited too Zarin. Even though I seen you posted in global before. We decided you're my rival just because are names our similar :)

Haha, I'll be sure to add you to my foe list.

Siloras
03-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Still need more fighters. please send your app to me via message on forums. Thanks.

nosebleed57
03-12-2011, 12:13 PM
We're very excited to get this going! contact siloras to sign up!

gjkunatz
03-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Lets get this rolling ppl!

Risk
03-14-2011, 02:57 AM
Looks like a blast...
Again..Q...no limit on what Armor or Weapons we use?

Hopeing Buckles are the winning prize, most needed item aside from Saws(new kids need those) plus Screws and Rivet...that covers Leather and Bone...Tailor is Medalions...Weap is obviously the stuff we dont use from scav...

But whats the entry? Cash is useless...before last wipe I had 13,000 bucks and that was just dollar pops...
Perhaps a trial by basis rare...ie 10 feathers, a recipe, 2 soles...or 2 souls hehe sry...

but cant wait...Crosses fingures the do anything ban lifts in time...

chaosegg
03-14-2011, 03:15 AM
What do you mean by "must wear armor"? Can one just wear gloves? Boots? A hat? and call it armor?
Or do you mean at least chest, and head armor? Or something in every slot?

Prizes: metal decorations and buckles = what I'd want.

What is the date of this event?

How about encouraging days of trade and a safe-zone truce-style surrounding the event (possibly with police) also?

AlexTaldren
03-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Only one fighter per tribe? Unless that rule gets changed, don't expect many to show up. I was planning on getting a bunch of fighters from Hopi, but if only one of them can compete, I doubt we'll attend.

Rybaker
03-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Joren here,

@Risk - no limits on what weapons or armor you use. In the entry form we would like to know what each combatant is using so we can possibly write a profile/write up of everyone in the tournament. And as for prizes, our crafters have been working dilligently through the roll backs and such to improve their recipes so depending on how far their can get in the next week we might offer crafted armor sets/ weapons or like tool sets or just rare materials. Right now early entries don't have to worry about any entry fees. The only people that may have to pay to enter will be late or last minute entries.

@AlexTaldren - One per tribe is a bit of miswording. We want each tribe to nominate their MAIN champion, but we are accepting multiple entries from the same tribe. The one per tribe thing was meant to say that we want every tribe that enters to be able to get their one guy in and then we will fill in the bracket with the additional entries. We are trying to show the larger tribes that participate love with seeding.

@chaosegg - By armor we just mean clothing. We notice the trend of people PvPing/ganking naked as though not to lose their loot and since looting other players is against the rules in the tournament, there's no need to be naked. Since armor and clothes don't really impact combat per say we hope that players use this to dress up in some cool and funny ways. The date we set is Sunday, March 20th. We are having a swap meet before and after the event so those who come and watch can swap wares and socialize. We have members of our tribe and some nearby allies that volunteered to police the event.

Hope that answers y'all's questions. Everyone could use the downtime to fill out entry forms and submitting them to Siloras, Raykin or me. :)

AlexTaldren
03-17-2011, 08:52 AM
In the event the lag hasn't been fixed, will the tournament be rescheduled? I have a fair amount of interest from members in Hopi, but we probably won't attend unless the game is lag free.

Niburu
03-17-2011, 03:35 PM
In the event the lag hasn't been fixed, will the tournament be rescheduled? I have a fair amount of interest from members in Hopi, but we probably won't attend unless the game is lag free.
Same here, i would prefer to play atleast with my 125 ping and not with 2min delay

Thx for your efford to host events

redrazor
03-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Seems that with this last patch lag wont be such a big concern so I hope this happens.

lazyfroguk
03-20-2011, 05:08 PM
im trying to find fort tusken right now, im in the zone, but no reply from general chat. ???

Armand
03-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Does this tribe even still exist?

r0ss0
03-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Great night guys really enjoyed my self..

What Armand said.

Aramanu
03-21-2011, 06:22 AM
fail event.