PDA

View Full Version : How do you create a band/clan/tribe?

Atreyu
03-10-2011, 07:29 AM
It says "5 members required to create a band" or "10 members required to create a clan" etc. So how do I actually get those 5 members together to create the band???? Please help, this is quite confusing!

Larsa
03-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Same question here, no idea what we're supposed to do. You can't invite people before you have a clan/band/etc, but you can't make a clan/band/etc. before you have the people. Catch-22? :)

maelwydd
03-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Same question here, no idea what we're supposed to do. You can't invite people before you have a clan/band/etc, but you can't make a clan/band/etc. before you have the people. Catch-22? :)

NO idea if I am right, not tested so this is just a guess...

Create a homestead, invite people, when you reach the next tier it either automatically upgrades to band/clan/tribe or you manually select it.

At least that is what I would try if you couldn't select tribe from the start...

GuideMihr
03-10-2011, 07:49 AM
you will need the required members to place the totem
not to start the group.The creator can invite people as always, the creator needs to invite the right amount to make the charter.

Atreyu
03-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks guide mihr but that wasnt the case for me. After choosing a name and clicking create band, it said "5 members are required to create a band". :( But i could create a homestead just fine (except for it registering about 5 minutes after I clicked it ;))

djext2000
03-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Yeah same here, I can create a tribe/clan/homestead charter, but not band.

Atreyu
03-10-2011, 07:56 AM
I just double checked, and yes it does actually let me start a tribe and a clan, just not a band! *Cry*

GuideMihr
03-10-2011, 08:07 AM
have you tried with the minimum number of members? the right number of people?

Atreyu
03-10-2011, 08:11 AM
I dont know what your asking me to do lol. Im trying to start the actual band in the first place. You cant invite members until you create it, but its saying i need 5 members. So its going in circles. But i can create a homestead clan and tribe.

djext2000
I haven't yet, but it's just curious to me that it lets me begin charters for the rest and not band. Trying to get more together now to test that theory

chizal26
having the same problem here, can make homestead, clan & tribe just not band

Larsa
03-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Aye, catch-22, you cannot create a band cause you have no players, but you cannot invite players because you have no band.

Creating homestead tribes, clans and tribes works, creating bands does not.

djext2000
03-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Everything upgrades though correct? So we should be able to make a homestead and have it graduate into a band, no?

Atreyu
03-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Everything upgrades though correct? So we should be able to make a homestead and have it graduate into a band, no?

Dont quote me on this, but I dont think that works. I think to go to the next tier you have to disband and re-create at current state of game.

Viper66
03-10-2011, 08:24 AM
same problem here ,, someone better fix this before totem placement or .........

blackzilla
03-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Dont quote me on this, but I dont think that works. I think to go to the next tier you have to disband and re-create at current state of game.

It does upgrade, the tribe leader will have an option to upgrade once the threshold of members is invited.

YamiOkami
03-10-2011, 08:26 AM
The problem being... You make the Tribe name.. then click on create band and nothing happens... it says you need 5 people to make a band and thats it... it doesnt take you to the menu where you can invite, abandon, choose alignment.. it just stays on the menu where you select create homestead/band etc....

Niburu
03-10-2011, 08:31 AM
The problem being... You make the Tribe name.. then click on create band and nothing happens... it says you need 5 people to make a band and thats it... it doesnt take you to the menu where you can invite, abandon, choose alignment.. it just stays on the menu where you select create homestead/band etc....

maybe ?

Aye, catch-22, you cannot create a band cause you have no players, but you cannot invite players because you have no band.

Creating homestead tribes, clans and tribes works, creating bands does not.

Create a Clan or tribe and it will downseize themself so were is the problem

jumper45
03-10-2011, 08:35 AM
It does upgrade, the tribe leader will have an option to upgrade once the threshold of members is invited.

Where is this stated?

Link.

Jeebus
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Create a Clan or tribe and it will downseize themself so were is the problem

Now we just have to hope that it allows us to plant a totem tomorrow for a group size that we don't have enough members for. If I chose "Clan" today, and only have 5 people in tribe tomorrow, will it automatically downsize to "Band" or block the totem planting altogether? I hope it's the first one, because having 'Band' formation screwed up, then not being able to plant a totem also would be too much mishandling.

Viper66
03-10-2011, 09:07 AM
OK so your telling me everyone has to start with a tribe ?.. or homestead?.. bull pucky.. if it offers a band then it should let you start with that size.. starting with band does not WORK!! its broke ,, i suppose all this was tested before launch?? If I choose tribe and we only get 7 in our group and this thing will not let us place a totem, or start with homestead and get 7 in the group and it does not let us place a totem clan size,, 7 players are going to be very very upset once again..

djext2000
03-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Totem placement is my main concern as well.

blackzilla
03-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Where is this stated?

Link.

For someone who believes in seeing it from a dev or mod you don't read the forums very well. Go look around I'm sick of spoon feeding others. I sat ther eand looked through a million posts you should too. You will find it however, just read.

erien
03-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Creating homestead tribes, clans and tribes works, creating bands does not. :(

Viper66
03-10-2011, 11:38 AM
wow.. now its asking for a tribe name and no where to place it.. only tribe is offered, but when i click on tribe its asking for a name first but cant find where that goes it just sits there/.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

we have just logged in,, cant start a group its already set on tribe but cant even form that,, its asking for a tribe name but no where to enter that,, guess all of us are out of luck...

Added after 1 33 minutes:

ok latest patch fix problems,, thanks devs.. one can now click on tribe and enter name and add folks as they come on line,, totem placement tomorrow... leader supposidly.. I can adjust size of area as folks join and the amout of folks meet the number to expand or decrease area size.. i hope.. Now if lets me place a totem without telling me i dont have enough folks to meat a tribe area and i decrease to lets say a band size (having the correct number of players in the band) all is going to be good,, if not then standby for people in the streets...lol