PDA

View Full Version : How is this game going to make it ?!?

coca
03-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Really I can't even log in and do anything but chat.. and even that it lagged to hell?

How is this going to be a real game.. its currently a graphic chatting system.. and the damn graphics suck and the chat is slow..

I LOVED this game when it was half working.. but EVERYTHING is turned off and it can't keep up ... not only that it is DOWN HOURS... I would guess 75% or better of the people that will be logging on are at work.

This problem isn't going to get better as more people log in.

How can this guy be serious thinking people would on the first day the "land grab"
was going to be an orderly process that someone would log on and be happy just creating a character that day then log off again.

ARE YOU SERIOUS the answer to this game running smoothly is turning off the damn game...???

Mystais
03-10-2011, 10:39 AM
But everyone just had to have one server and only one server. So now we have only one server. Even with a player base much larger than the first launch, people still only wanted only one server.

Well you got your way, enjoy.

Hopefully this can be corrected with a wonder patch or a second server before irreparable damage is done.

Imhotep
03-10-2011, 10:43 AM
But everyone just had to have one server and only one server. So now we have only one server. Even with a player base much larger than the first launch, people still only wanted one server.

Hopefully this can be corrected with a wonder patch or a second server before irreparable damage is done.

you sir are a subscriber too, so enjoy it too. this is kind of lowprofile answer.

Mystais
03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Hehe, I predicted exactly this about a week ago but was told I was being overly sensitive and all would be peachy keen. Well things may still work out. *crosses fingers*

galagah
03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
But everyone just had to have one server and only one server. So now we have only one server. Even with a player base much larger than the first launch, people still only wanted only one server.

+1 to This .

I really do want to see this game succeed , but it just won't if the current situation carries on .

PeonSanders911
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Really I can't even log in and do anything but chat.. and even that it lagged to hell?

How is this going to be a real game.. its currently a graphic chatting system.. and the damn graphics suck and the chat is slow..

I LOVED this game when it was half working.. but EVERYTHING is turned off and it can't keep up ... not only that it is DOWN HOURS... I would guess 75% or better of the people that will be logging on are at work.

How can this guy be serious thinking people would on the first day the "land grab"
was going to be an orderly process that someone would log on and be happy just creating a character that day then log off again.

ARE YOU SERIOUS the answer to this game running smoothly is turning off the damn game...???

The man has a point.
This could get real ugly...........

coca
03-10-2011, 10:51 AM
are you stupid...?...
I never said there wasn't a need for two servers... second.. this has been an ongoing problem throughout beta.
The random animals and mobs where also "off" throughout all of "testing." As well as combat which would take more bandwidth and processing power to calculate different factors.

When the lag got bad they tested with terraforming turned off and those others things.. They had plenty of time to address bandwidth issues. And plenty of warnings the problem still exsisted.

The first day after they moved to the "new servers" they experienced hella lag.. it wasn't until most people stopped playing to wait for after the wipe that the lag subsided.. anyone playing the game saw that..

I think the forums should be hosted on seperate servers as well.. What game hosts the game client, irc channels and a forum on the same servers especially ones having bandwidth and latency issues.

Sorakin
03-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Yup I'm at work, I'm sure a lot more too.

toolowdown71
03-10-2011, 11:01 AM
not trying to flame here or argue but my opinion is even with two servers the lag would still be there.

i don't know anything about server's ect. but i would have to put my money on there would still be a issue.

now im not saying im quitting or rageing cause i have no problem waiting but i just believe that there is still alot of issue's that need to be sorted out i can wait not a problem for me.

Tandarie
03-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Shut down the IRC and the Chat board for the weekend if that is causing the issues with the lag. Let the whole land grab happen then people will just trickle in after that.

I have noticed when I cant get into the game the web page is screwed up at the same time.

jozabad
03-10-2011, 11:11 AM
rofl rofl rofl rofl he'll have some excuse about why the game is lagged. Question: What's going to happen, if this game gets a half-decent playerbase, when this many people are all trying to play at the same time on regular basis? Xsyon, seriously man, you gotta get your shit together.

Ya he needs to do something fast,,,he is only going to get the first month payments and all will leave after that.

coca
03-10-2011, 11:43 AM
The forums aren't "the problem." Are they a problem.. YES...
another one of "the problems" is the lack of bandwidth and/or processing power of the servers themselves.

FabricSoftener
03-10-2011, 11:55 AM
a bank loan will save this game.

If I was an investor I would be very intrested in investing in this game. its a brilliant feature list it just very simply needs money and time

ColonelTEE3
03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Wow look at how quickly everyone is jumping on the nay-saying bandwagon on... omg...what's that?.... the first day!

Surely the first day of the game is going to representative of all other days to come. Surely we will never experience the spreading out from the starter zones into the rest of the world, thus reducing high concentration of lag and traffic.

Calm down people. You've waited this long. Give it a couple days to settle down. They said they expected things to be hectic and of course it is.

jeru
03-10-2011, 12:16 PM
There's a problem when the game can't handle people being logged in. That's all people are saying. Maybe you need to calm down? Did you forget the exact same thing happened during the last launch?

Feb 18th to be exact. Here we are March 10th.....SAME SITUATION WOOOHOOO..../sarcasm off

FabricSoftener
03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
this is without any village having been built, no terraforming happening, no wildlife (I am assuming) and with only 1/10th of the planned map avaiable?

Yeah they have a way to go, sounds like they will have to get a loan to move the servers to even a better location.

randomt
03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Hehe, I predicted exactly this about a week ago but was told I was being overly sensitive and all would be peachy keen. Well things may still work out. *crosses fingers*

Exactly.. The vocal part of the community (mostly the griefers) cried for one server.. so that's what we have. We should have pushed for 2 servers with the same ruleset instead.

Not to mention this is pre-launch, what'll happen when the full launch is here and a bunch of new people try to join?

Tandarie
03-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow look at how quickly everyone is jumping on the nay-saying bandwagon on... omg...what's that?.... the first day!

Surely the first day of the game is going to representative of all other days to come. Surely we will never experience the spreading out from the starter zones into the rest of the world, thus reducing high concentration of lag and traffic.

Calm down people. You've waited this long. Give it a couple days to settle down. They said they expected things to be hectic and of course it is.

Helo Mr. March 2011 welcome to Xsyon.. since you are new maybe you should know something right off the bat.

we all LOVE this game.. but it's like the Red Sox before they won the world series.. it just keeps letting us down. NOW is not the time to do stress tests on the first day of our head start..
This happend a month ago.. and appartently it happened a year ago to the day that it was supposed to be the official launch.

NorCalGooey
Someone donate 1 million dollars to Xsyon so we can upgrade this damn server.

Tandarie
doublepost

jokhul
03-10-2011, 12:34 PM
this is without any village having been built, no terraforming happening, no wildlife (I am assuming) and with only 1/10th of the planned map avaiable?

Yeah they have a way to go, sounds like they will have to get a loan to move the servers to even a better location.

and no combat, and no quality/durability on tooltips, and no gathering, and no scavenging...

The next 2 days are going to be interesting :D

StarvingSteve
03-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Well, we got purple user names now. What more could you ask for?

coca
03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
a bank loan will save this game.

If I was an investor I would be very intrested in investing in this game. its a brilliant feature list it just very simply needs money and time

they dont need a bank loan... they have $40 bucks from each of us suckers already... lol

randomt
03-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Helo Mr. March 2011 .

Says Mr. Feb 2011 lol

Vicid
03-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Helo Mr. March 2011 welcome to Xsyon..

This is too funny.

FabricSoftener
03-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Someone donate 1 million dollars to Xsyon so we can upgrade this damn server.

this......

noiseed
03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Ermm. my friend if you have played MMOs for a time you know that every launch is full of lag and unexpected events (ex: server crashes),

Just chill out, in a few days as people spread out, the server will calm and we will be able to play just like before.

Chillax, and wait bro.

FabricSoftener
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Ermm. my friend if you have played MMOs for a time you know that every launch is full of lag and unexpected events (ex: server crashes),

Just chill out, in a few days as people spread out, the server will calm and we will be able to play just like before.

Chillax, and wait bro.
There is lag on a static game and then there is lag..... on a dynamic game that hasnt even started with its dynamic part yet.

hope your right though

Vicid
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM

Chillax, and wait bro.

Problem is this is what people said a month ago at the first attempted launch.

bodangly
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM

Chillax, and wait bro.

This was the advice people were giving Feb 18th too.....

coca
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Have you honestly ever paid for a game where you could log in and ALL the functions have been purposely turned off becuase they know the servers can't handle it..
Even the chat function lagged out.

Honestly ?

I went through UO release.. shadowbane, EQ, Warhammer, Darkfall and even rifts...Sure they all have had problems and delays.. but nothing even compares.
The answer so far has been lets turn everything off and have people log on and right back off. To try hard to not stress the server.. how long are people supposed to stay logged out and not play? How is this even acceptable. I would understand waiting ques or something maybe.. but letting everyone online at one time so they can literally stand around and log out... COME ON
If these issues aren't actively being fixed he is going to lose alot of people before it even does have an official start. It seems to me that he thinks its just because we are all jumping in game at once he is mistaken.. as I said most people are still at work.
This is pre-launch with everything in the game off.... think about how much more lag will results in turning systems on and using them during a prime time setting. I want this game to succeed... right now it looks pretty damn grim.

Burnt
03-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Am I the only one who has not had any problem with lag today, read the announcements so I knew everything would be disabled and there would be rollbacks, and is generally happy with what is going on? I must live in a box.

noiseed
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
You guys do have some strong points, and i also agree that it really is annoying as fuck.
In the end all we can do is complain, and flame our asses off in the forums.

Eventually it will be fixed.. its a matter of time - like mos things.

vorg
03-10-2011, 01:25 PM
If this is truly a single server (one computer, not a network of computers), then it won't matter if everyone is in one place or scattered as thin as possible. The server has just as many people to talk to. In games like eve, zones are on different machines. Some machines have several "zones". Others only have 1 or two because those zones are high traffic, Like Jita.

Sorakin
03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Have you honestly ever paid for a game where you could log in and ALL the functions have been purposely turned off becuase they know the servers can't handle it..
Even the chat function lagged out.

Honestly ?

I went through UO release.. shadowbane, EQ, Warhammer, Darkfall and even rifts...Sure they all have had problems and delays.. but nothing even compares.
*snip*

You mention mostly AAA quality games, not indie games. Darkfall they wouldn't even let people BUY the game on release they limited the number of sales based on how much the servers could take, would you prefer that approach? I would rather have lag than wait for 6 months to buy a copy.

I compare this to minecraft where even after major updates there were data corruption issues, multiplayer maps blown away and it would be unplayable for days at a time. And yes you pay up front for that game too (no monthy, but theres no hosted servers). Comparing Xsyon to Rift? Really?

GLiMPSE
03-10-2011, 01:35 PM
lol comparing xsyon to minecraft...

Imagine if they said they had to disable terraforming in minecraft because it created too much lag....

BigCountry
03-10-2011, 01:38 PM

Imagine if they said they had to disable terraforming in minecraft because it created too much lag....

Exactly....

Burnt
03-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Imagine If everyone played minecraft on one server...

Sorakin
03-10-2011, 01:41 PM

So disabling terraforming in Xsyon (a small part of the game) is equal to disabling terraforming in Minecraft (THE ENTIRE GAME). I stand corrected.

BigCountry
03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Imagine If everyone played minecraft on one server...

Yup, and there is a technical REASON for that.....
rofl

So disabling terraforming in Xsyon (a small part of the game) is equal to disabling terraforming in Minecraft (THE ENTIRE GAME). I stand corrected.

Terraforming is Xsyon man. You remove that and you have no game. Well you would have a real crappy game. I take that back.
lol

Ven_Jance
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Everyday it becomes more clear that the reality is this game is going to need lot more preparation to succeed.
Server and bandwidth can handle 3K concurrent users? Plan for 5-10K

There is only one game launch in MMO history this is comparable to - Mourning

I just don't understand how terraforming can be a planned feature announced to sell copies, when it was never tested with a substantial amount of players - this game needs 2-3 years of non-paid beta testing and a world-class network code programmer

Really hope it does go well....

Sorakin
03-10-2011, 01:49 PM
I just hope we get something bearable to play while they continue working on stuff. I can afford the $15 a month, but I'm already lvl 50 in Rift and boooooored.

JCatano
03-10-2011, 01:51 PM
If this is truly a single server (one computer, not a network of computers), then it won't matter if everyone is in one place or scattered as thin as possible. The server has just as many people to talk to. In games like eve, zones are on different machines. Some machines have several "zones". Others only have 1 or two because those zones are high traffic, Like Jita.

My post from a past thread:

Looks to be one of these per WhoIs:

http://www.ubiquityservers.com

Or...

http://www.hypernia.com

Neither looks to be anything special.

---

Ubiquity has dedicated servers, but I don't see anything about MMO infrastructure. Hypernia offers MMO solutions, but doesn't give any details on hardware.

If Xsyon isn't currently running 10-20 machines with enough pipe (bandwidth)... I don't know how it's going to make it. Darkfall uses 80 IBM blades. As of about 4 years ago, EVE used 84 IBM blades.

BigCountry
03-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I thought about maybe resubbing Fallen Earth again. Not played it in a year. I was thinking about Rift, but I know I will get bored in a few hours with that one.

So Rift is pretty linear/easy?

My post from a past thread:

Looks to be one of these per WhoIs:

http://www.ubiquityservers.com

Or...

http://www.hypernia.com

Neither looks to be anything special.

---

Ubiquity has dedicated servers, but I don't see anything about MMO infrastructure. Hypernia offers MMO solutions, but doesn't give any details on hardware.

If Xsyon isn't currently running 10-20 machines with enough pipe (bandwidth)... I don't know how it's going to make it. Darkfall uses 80 IBM blades. As of about 4 years ago, EVE used 84 IBM blades.

Nice JC. That's good recon.
:D

Sorakin
03-10-2011, 01:54 PM
So Rift is pretty linear/easy?

Extremely, but also one of the most polished games out there. They do some things better than Blizzard, and that says a lot.

BigCountry
03-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Extremely, but also one of the most polished games out there. They do some things better than Blizzard, and that says a lot.

Nice. Blizzard needs good competition. Keeps them on their toes.

FabricSoftener
03-10-2011, 01:57 PM

from my understanding polish is the only thing good about RIFT. That is a really sad statment for the state of 'mainstream' gaming

Dubanka
03-10-2011, 01:59 PM

I was there for that one. Dev literally took the money and ran.

keep waitng for the dev explanation on the apparent Launch Fiasco Ver. 2.0.

did they just turn off servers to disable features?

Did a couple racks explode?

mindtrigger
03-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I really don't know what to say to people like the OP.

On the one hand, I get it. They expect to have a working product that adheres to some standard of a finished product, even if it is weak on features, unless the devs told them they are buying into a Beta product.

On the other hand, as someone who has gamed online 16 years or so (over 30 if you count offline games, BBS systems, and modem-based games), I understand that I bought into an indie game from a small developer and there will no doubt be many things that need to be worked through in the first 6 months - 1 year of the game. Especially when you consider the game itself will always be in a fluid state of development throughout it's lifespan, due to the type of game it is. Much more fluid than any theme park game we have played.

Having said all of that, the game does not appear to be ready even for a soft launch. I would like to know how many players hit the servers today to form tribes. If the game isn't ready to handle a moderate load from this relatively small gaming community, than perhaps launching this soon is too ambitious.

Vicid
03-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Paid pre-alpha D=

I'm still at work and so is most of the US.

coca
03-10-2011, 02:08 PM
You mention mostly AAA quality games, not indie games. Darkfall they wouldn't even let people BUY the game on release they limited the number of sales based on how much the servers could take, would you prefer that approach? I would rather have lag than wait for 6 months to buy a copy.

I compare this to minecraft where even after major updates there were data corruption issues, multiplayer maps blown away and it would be unplayable for days at a time. And yes you pay up front for that game too (no monthy, but theres no hosted servers). Comparing Xsyon to Rift? Really?

Come on.. your going to have to come up with more than that..

The difference between the launch Xsyon and darkfall, rifts, and other "AAA" games is that those other games had thousands of people trying to log in and play... when Xsyon opened I think anyone could agree that it probably wasn't but a few hundred at most. You would think the server could handle less then 10% of the population they had speculated would be playing at launch......this again.. with everything turned off and not working.

mgilbrtsn
03-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Let's be honest, lag sucks. However, I have a friend who was able to get around just fine in an area near the mist. Maybe he was lucky, I don't know. Sadly, I can only go by what I hear from the boards and my friend. Based on that I have a few impressions.

1 I wish I was home and able to experience the launch festivities. I actually the raging, the lag, the crashes, etc.. I get my pizza, my dodder, and I suffer with the team. Sadly not this time.

2 based on the size of this thread, I don't know how much of an issue this really is. Aboutmhalf of the posts are from duplicate ppl. Based on this, and the number of total responses, I would say this thread is pretty small for how long it's been up. He'll, tiny characters had this in minutes (it seems). If it were so bad for so many ppl, i would have expected it to have been much larger.

3 those who do say they have has a positive experience are quickly flames. Tells me that many on this thread don't really want to see anything positive. Reading from some of the posters, they are known to never have anything good to say about the game.

4. Like it said in the intro, I cant comment on what is really happening, so when i get flames don't accuse me of making it seem great. I honestly don't know. I can only go by what i read, what I believe, and the history i have with forums in general.

See you in game

billpaustin
03-10-2011, 02:14 PM
My guess is that today is a special case. Never again will the entire playerbase log in on the same day and create multiple characters and tribes. Having 2,000 people online playing at once is quite different than having 2,000 people creating characters and tribes. I also predict tomorrow will be rough, because never again will the entire playerbase rush to log in and place totems at the same time.

It's like the old joke in school: "ok, everybody flush at once!" The school might have 100 toilets, but cannot handle all 100 flushing at once. That is what I think is happening here. The game is optimized to PLAY, and not to just create characters and tribes. Once we actually start playing, I bet it will dramatically improve.

FabricSoftener
03-10-2011, 02:27 PM
The difference between the launch Xsyon and darkfall, rifts, and other "AAA" games

first time I have seen Darkfall refered to as a AAA title but to be honest I can see that.

coca
03-10-2011, 02:28 PM
now I might be totally talking out my ass, but do you really think 2000 people have logged in during most peoples working times today to create their character.. just wait another hour when most of the east coast start trickeling online and for the next 6 or so hours as the west gets online and people start moving around.

I DOUBT 2000 people got on already at once.

Again.. I could totally be wrong.

randomt
03-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Much better than the earthrise launch so far, anyway

jaqknife
03-10-2011, 02:37 PM
ya makes me wonder what will happen in the next few hours. There are about 10000 registered forum users if 2/3 of those bought the game that would make for 6600 players. If only 20% of those had the day off then that would make the game lagging with only 1300 players or so. Just wait till the rest get home

I hope this game is not on just 1 server but on a whole bank of them each running a few zones.

billpaustin
03-10-2011, 02:38 PM
now I might be totally talking out my ass, but do you really think 2000 people have logged in during most peoples working times today to create their character.. just wait another hour when most of the east coast start trickeling online and for the next 6 or so hours as the west gets online and people start moving around.

I DOUBT 2000 people got on already at once.

Again.. I could totally be wrong.

I just used 2,000 as an example. I've heard that there might be 7-10,000 logging in today, don't really know. No matter what the number, the servers are not running their normal routines now. Nobody is playing much, and everybody is creating characters and tribes.

edit: could easily be possible there are 2,000 Euro players.

GLiMPSE
03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I just used 2,000 as an example. I've heard that there might be 7-10,000 logging in today, don't really know. No matter what the number, the servers are not running their normal routines now. Nobody is playing much, and everybody is creating characters and tribes.

edit: could easily be possible there are 2,000 Euro players.

Considering there is less then 10,000 registered users on the forums....for all time...

I doubt there is 7-10k logging in right now. Max you'd see is ~2k as you have to think this 10k total is spread across all time zones, there are registered users who may not have preordered, and some people may have given up.

ifireallymust
03-10-2011, 03:20 PM
I just hope we get something bearable to play while they continue working on stuff. I can afford the $15 a month, but I'm already lvl 50 in Rift and boooooored.

Every time I even try to play anything else, I catch myself staring at flat, elevated terrain and thinking, "That would be a great spot to start a Homestead!"

I just hope, if two servers will fix the issues (or three or four or four hundred) that everyone who cried their eyes out over the possibility last time will accept the necessity of it this time.

l3lue
03-10-2011, 04:31 PM
They foreseen this issue if they are splitting up the starting procedure. I created a toon, got to a spot (not the best in the world), I moved 3 or 4 times to different spots before that to avoid conflict because I'm stupidly nice i guess... and hey people still came to the final spot I chose and logged off with me still standing there XD. All good I guess just gotta be quick tmr morning. Point is thats all that was intended to be done today, Log, Create Toon, Make Tribe, Maybe Scout a little if your unsure on a location and get ready for tomorrow, Logout. I did all that soooo props to them for keeping there word sofar.

I did sub in March but I have been keeping tabs on this game since its birth. I understand how much of a pain this all is to everyone. I also understand slightly from a programmers point of view just how stressful this can be. A majority of people think "WOW AWESOME, so many nice things are being done!", I think "Oh man...awesome...but what a potential nightmare" heh. This is indeed a monster of a project and I understand why they stress the "test" word so much. What I believe they are not doing is pushing out crap and saying "Eat up", they are actually working on and testing the code out, and looking out for our greater good. Great work with the community also, hardly ever seen with game companies these days. Im sure some of you were around for the downfall of Wurm when Rolf decided to force PVP on the entire server, that sucked...but hey Notch left and started his own project something similar so yay =D I also started one less fantastic, basically a survival game only in roguelike form, maybe you all will find it oneday years YEARS down the road.

I have been around a-lot of mmo games and im sure quite a few people will tell ya, this one has real good potential. If anything try and relax til a day after launch...still crap and no plans to fix it? Yea maybe doomed at that point....

ColonelTEE3
03-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Am I the only one who has not had any problem with lag today, read the announcements so I knew everything would be disabled and there would be rollbacks, and is generally happy with what is going on? I must live in a box.

You're in that minority of reasonable people. Don't draw attention to your sensibility, people will get mad.

Lag has been up and down but this is more or less what should have been expected. Everything will be turned on and smoothed out in just a few days.

river111
03-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Anyone actually know the real reason for the server lag? Or is everyone here just guessing and bitching? Really, anyone have ANY facts? I dont mind if your bitching because you heard something and you dont agree with it, but far as I can tell all y'all are doing is making up shit about what you THINK is going on and then bitching about it to each other.

If your able to get in and make your tribes today, and get at least your leader out to the plant location then you did all you need to do today.

rajaxone
03-10-2011, 08:04 PM
They foreseen this issue if they are splitting up the starting procedure. I created a toon, got to a spot (not the best in the world), I moved 3 or 4 times to different spots before that to avoid conflict because I'm stupidly nice i guess... and hey people still came to the final spot I chose and logged off with me still standing there XD. All good I guess just gotta be quick tmr morning. Point is thats all that was intended to be done today, Log, Create Toon, Make Tribe, Maybe Scout a little if your unsure on a location and get ready for tomorrow, Logout. I did all that soooo props to them for keeping there word sofar.

I did sub in March but I have been keeping tabs on this game since its birth. I understand how much of a pain this all is to everyone. I also understand slightly from a programmers point of view just how stressful this can be. A majority of people think "WOW AWESOME, so many nice things are being done!", I think "Oh man...awesome...but what a potential nightmare" heh. This is indeed a monster of a project and I understand why they stress the "test" word so much. What I believe they are not doing is pushing out crap and saying "Eat up", they are actually working on and testing the code out, and looking out for our greater good. Great work with the community also, hardly ever seen with game companies these days. Im sure some of you were around for the downfall of Wurm when Rolf decided to force PVP on the entire server, that sucked...but hey Notch left and started his own project something similar so yay =D I also started one less fantastic, basically a survival game only in roguelike form, maybe you all will find it oneday years YEARS down the road.

I have been around a-lot of mmo games and im sure quite a few people will tell ya, this one has real good potential. If anything try and relax til a day after launch...still crap and no plans to fix it? Yea maybe doomed at that point....

Agreed, people need to give this game some time. Its an indy company working on a complex project, its only fair to give them a little time to figure out all the bugs. :)

Weeks
03-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Everyday it becomes more clear that the reality is this game is going to need lot more preparation to succeed.
Server and bandwidth can handle 3K concurrent users? Plan for 5-10K

I just don't understand how terraforming can be a planned feature announced to sell copies, when it was never tested with a substantial amount of players - this game needs 2-3 years of non-paid beta testing and a world-class network code programmer

Really hope it does go well....

he theres not that many

XeoStyle
03-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Agreed, people need to give this game some time. Its an indy company working on a complex project, its only fair to give them a little time to figure out all the bugs. :)

This!

Seriously, this is an MMO from an indy company as you point out. This were to be expected, and they announced it several times that there would be lag, chaos and half of the features would be turned off.. The MMO community has really gone the wrong direction the past couple of years. You expect that the quality of every single aspect in the game to be flawless and lagfree. Its not a freakin singeplayer game.

There are 1 million different things that need to co-work with each other, and its just not done overnight. I my self work in an IT company developing software for customers, and when we launch a "bug free" product, there are ALWAYS new bugs and flaws discovered.

What im trying to say is, that you should give em some more time. The game got potential, you just have to be patient and let the devs do their job.

They are not science monkeys in a cage coding 24/7 for your pleasure...!!

JCatano
03-11-2011, 03:39 AM
This!

Seriously, this is an MMO from an indy company as you point out. This were to be expected, and they announced it several times that there would be lag, chaos and half of the features would be turned off.. The MMO community has really gone the wrong direction the past couple of years. You expect that the quality of every single aspect in the game to be flawless and lagfree. Its not a freakin singeplayer game.

There are 1 million different things that need to co-work with each other, and its just not done overnight. I my self work in an IT company developing software for customers, and when we launch a "bug free" product, there are ALWAYS new bugs and flaws discovered.

What im trying to say is, that you should give em some more time. The game got potential, you just have to be patient and let the devs do their job.

To be fair, this game has had 3 planned "launches"... Around last February (?), June 15th, and a few weeks ago. You'll have to give people some slack for being a bit <insert mood>.

coca
03-11-2011, 05:25 AM
This!

You expect that the quality of every single aspect in the game to be flawless and lagfree. Its not a freakin singeplayer game.

You guys make this too easy for me.

First.. I didn't expect every aspect in the game to be flawless.. I just hoped that basic game play had been figured out and the majority of skills be working at launch.

2nd.. more time.. sure I have no problem with more testing before a final wipe... even though I have given them more time.. 3 post poned launch dates worth already the same bugs and glitches are still around.

3rd.. I don't expect them to code for my pleasure... they code for my 40 dolla and a chance to get my monthly sub.

I guess I am in the minority wanting a game that can be played.

http://splendidmarbles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/sandbox41.png.

caldrin
03-11-2011, 05:35 AM

Are you serious ?

You where told at the start of the week exactly what was going to happen and now your complaining about it ?

Thursday - Create character logon and meetup with your tribe mates and create the tribe, then log off. Everything was gonig to be turned off for this. (Simple right)
Friday - Today your clan leader can log on and plate the totem. Nothing will be turned on. (Simple right)
Weekend- Everything will be turned back on over the next few days up until the 15th where everything should be active again. (Simple right)

You knew this was going to happen we all did, they had to do it as they knew having tons of people logon at server up and then start terraforming and building things was gonna course issues. So they did this to stop that heppening..

We will ahve to wait and see if this works when everything is back up and running.. if not the silly lag is still around people will not be happy including me..

coca
03-11-2011, 05:37 AM
I said basic game play... I never mentioend terafarming. calm down brotato... drink some more cool aid...

BigCountry
03-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Weekend- Everything will be turned back on over the next few days up until the 15th where everything should be active again. (Simple right)

Can I hold you to this?

coca
03-11-2011, 05:44 AM
We will ahve to wait and see if this works when everything is back up and running.. if not the silly lag is still around people will not be happy including me..

So as of right now your happy with the state of the game and that your asked to log in and make a character then to log out?

Plague
03-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Gees Louisee! Devs turn on basket crafting so these people can calm down! So many Xsyon addicts in separation crisis! The next 24 hours will be HELL!

Once we can craft baskets and grass string you will see how people will be reading forums.:)

Bone
03-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Yea no more indie mmo's for me fuckem every single one of them pull the same bullshit.

FabricSoftener
03-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Just a point of reference everyones $40 is worth about 20 mins of coding after all things factored. If not less.

Marcus
03-11-2011, 07:06 AM
So as of right now your happy with the state of the game and that your asked to log in and make a character then to log out?

You werent writing to me, I know, but I am happy...

He told us this is how it was going to be. The lag seems to have subsided in the game for now.. If things go according to his stated plan, then yes I'll still be happy. If things start spiraling out of control, I'll probably change my mind...

/shrug

Dontaze_Mebro
03-11-2011, 07:16 AM

What a moron thinking that people can follow SIMPLE directions. He should know that the average MMO player is dumb as the average launch day complaint post.

caldrin
03-11-2011, 07:20 AM

yes because they told us this was gonna be like this like 5 days ago.. dont get me wrong i really wanna get in and play but i can wait until tomorrow LOL a few days is not the end of the world..

Plague
03-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Anarchy Online had one of the worst starts ever and it went to become one of the best mmos of its time. I loved playing AO for a long time. The quests to get those pilows and engineering hat aahaha nice memories.

Patience young padawans even world was not build on day one.

Shukano
03-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Anarchy Online had one of the worst starts ever and it went to become one of the best mmos of its time. I loved playing AO for a long time. The quests to get those pilows and engineering hat aahaha nice memories.

Patience young padawans even world was not build on day one.

Poor Jooky lol, even God got to rest on the 7th day....

blackzilla
03-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Game is going to do fine, I have never had any doubts... all the stuff people are complaining about is not worth complaining about imo.

Also, all the things people are complaining about, it makes me think that none of them have ever played videogames or been in a launch for an mmo.

I been around the block... seen all this exact shit a million times, it will get sorted out... maybe some people just need paitence or to be educated on the matter.

BigCountry
03-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Game is going to do fine, I have never had any doubts... all the stuff people are complaining about is not worth complaining about imo.

Also, all the things people are complaining about, it makes me think that none of them have ever played videogames or been in a launch for an mmo.

I been around the block... seen all this exact shit a million times, it will get sorted out... maybe some people just need paitence or to be educated on the matter.

We will find out in 30 minutes!

GLiMPSE
03-11-2011, 08:33 AM
it's already a 30 second lag time :( still 30 minutes to go :(

caldrin
03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
yeah but thats only to place totems you cant do anything else today so dont worry about the lag until tomorrow whenever they start turning things on.

coca
03-11-2011, 02:14 PM
How the totem placement going?

I wonder why they dont turn in more skills and let people spread out over the map before they implemented totems anyways..

Kinda weird to me on the first day without having done anything you can secure yourself ownership of a peice of land. I always kinda thought owning land would be a big deal and not something that just happend because you clicked some buttons.
but I guess it has to be this way becuase there are no other ways to store items or no
"npc" cities.

I hope they get this stuff straightened out.
I get off work in another 45 minutes.