PDA

View Full Version : So i take the day off work

Dirt
03-11-2011, 09:38 AM
and get up at 6 am to be sure ive got all my ducks in a row for landgrab.
Error:cannot create file message on 2 accounts. 3rd account begins a 300mb download, finishes and begins another 870mb download. 20 minutes later it disconnects me. i still havent been able to log in any of my 3 accounts . i think server is down now. i am pissed right off. 120 bucks so i cant get into game fairly. Money talks, 3 accounts walk.

AlexTaldren
03-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Error:cannot create file message on 2 accounts. 3rd account begins a 300mb download, finishes and begins another 870mb download. 20 minutes later it disconnects me. i still havent been able to log in any of my 3 accounts . i think server is down now. i am pissed right off. 120 bucks so i cant get into game fairly. Money talks, 3 accounts walk.

You chose to buy 3 accounts. It's your choice to walk away, but other than that, not sure what to tell you.

Dirt
03-11-2011, 09:43 AM
tell me how everything went smooth for you, man. you logged in and dropped your totem. no worries, sigh of relief. how long did update take you to download? wow, just wow. 9:45 and still unable to get in game. 3 accounts should have assured me a decent piece of land somewhere wife got the- Error: cannot create file message, too.

maelwydd
03-11-2011, 09:44 AM
1 - Never take a day off work on the launch day of a new game.
2 - 3 accounts? What is the point unless you are going to be playing a griefing scumbag on 1/2 of them so you can evade any repercussions.
3 - It is Launch day, expect problems.

esudar
03-11-2011, 09:47 AM
i dont like people that use multiple accounts tbh

Dirt
03-11-2011, 09:50 AM
at least you didnt tell me how it went smoothly for you, logged in and dropped your pole with a sigh of relief. no problems at all. i was all logged in and ready to go at 6:45 this a.m., wife too. cant even get into game. very dissapointed right now.

2 nd account is wifes third account is a tank to kill mouthy little kids like yourself, is that o.k. with you. einstien?

Armand
03-11-2011, 09:51 AM
It sucks. We got in by the skin of our teeth. Game aint even anywhere near playable.

Hope you manage to snag your backup spots at least.

Saorlan
03-11-2011, 09:55 AM
at least you didnt tell me how it went smoothly for you, logged in and dropped your pole with a sigh of relief. no problems at all. i was all logged in and ready to go at 6:45 this a.m., wife too. cant even get into game. very dissapointed right now.

2 nd account is wifes third account is a tank to kill mouthy little kids like yourself, is that o.k. with you. einstien?

Try to keep civil - you are obviously annoyed but the answer was to just make sure that you right click the launcher icon and "run as adminstrator".

"Error can not create file" is a Vista/Win 7 thing regarding the administrator thing.

maelwydd
03-11-2011, 09:57 AM

Well if you need to make a dedicated tank to compete....Einstein

And I would hardly describe myself as a mouth little kid when I am almost 40.

But seriously, if you are getting so worked up about it you should probably take a break and wait a while.

Dirt
03-11-2011, 09:57 AM
thanks for that info, but first time it occured on my vista machine was this morning. of course. logged in 1000 times before today, right?

Runtlington
03-11-2011, 10:00 AM
"Error can not create file" is a Vista/Win 7 thing regarding the administrator thing.

I have win 7, worked fine for me, downloaded a small 2.5mb patch and was on, no drama. Sorry if your upset, 3 accounts does not give u the right to get a "decent piece of land somewhere" though, you were just unlucky.

Dirt
03-11-2011, 10:02 AM
thanks for that info, but first time it occured on my vista machine was this morning. of course. logged in 1000 times before today, right?

"Well if you need to make a dedicated tank to compete....Einstein"

of course i can compete in a fight with my crafter you monkey. take a break? last hour has been a break where i read your helpful b.s.. your 39 1/2? grow up.

never had to run admin 1000 other logins. But thanks for the advice.

ifireallymust
03-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry, Dirt! There's another thread down toward bottom of page mentioned something else about the same error message, I linked it to you in the other thread, hope you found/find it and that it helps!

MrCarrier
03-11-2011, 10:16 AM

i logged in, and placed my totem with no problem (other than the lag). then i logged out.

Context
03-11-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't understand your logic, last 1000 logins it worked, now it doesn't work.
Why do you automatically think running as administrator this time doesn't help when obviously something changed?
You just keep pushing the login button without trying something different?
I don't understand.

Dirt
03-11-2011, 10:24 AM
what? i press the login, it should log me in. it should not make me dinner or do my laundry, it should log me in. thats why its a login button. Dumbasses showed up.

Context
03-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Well, if you don't configure your operating system correctly so the game can't create/edit files, who is the dumbass then?

Pushing the same button a few hundred times when the first time it didn't work is really smart?

I have to look up the words dumb and smart in the dictionary :)

maelwydd
03-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Dirt, you are getting all upset and angry at everyone else. Seriously, take a break, do something else and then come back in a few hours or tomorrow when you have chilled out and see what happens. You might just find everything is working as you expect.

Hopibear
03-11-2011, 10:39 AM
It sucks but nothing you can do about it.

Dirt
03-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I got one person telling me 3 accounts is wrong, another is still telling me that my login button is actually not a login button, the same login button i swear i have seen and pushed many times before. i have a game which i was very patient with screwing me out of my fair shake at land. Not my computer, trust me its sweet. I am upset. tomorrow, if i come back, i can put my totem somewhere else. Yay. i know where i would like to put it. On the other hand maybe well have another wipe so i can get in fairly (cuz it's all about me) and drop my frigging pole somewhere nice.
If everything was working as "expected", i, like you guys would be grinng cuz my pole is in.

rajaxone
03-11-2011, 10:41 AM

I feel your pain brother, even though I Didn't take the day off but I am sick so I got the day off work. I am pretty pissed myself that I can't log in but like rest of the people said that its expected on the first day. After all we are dealing with a 10 man crew (at most) working on this game and bravo for what they been able to achieve so far. Good luck bud.

wulvgar
03-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Your a fool have you learn nothing about MMO's when they launch

wait 2-3 weeks when everything is working,even 2-3 months might be better for this one

Dirt
03-11-2011, 10:47 AM
o.k., i'll be good now.

Dirt
03-11-2011, 10:49 AM
see? behaving.

homersim
03-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Dirt try this. Launch the game on one account only. Let it patch if needed. Then log in with that account only. Do not attempt to run the launcher while another account is loading into the game at the same time on the same PC. If you do that the launcher will sometimes start to download and patch a file that was being accessed by the other instance of the game that was loading in. Also may try making copies of the game dir for each account to launch from. Have not tested this tho.

Haunt
03-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I have win 7, worked fine for me, downloaded a small 2.5mb patch and was on, no drama.

That was my experience.

dem1urge
03-11-2011, 12:47 PM

I hear ya, Dirt. I took the day off too. It is infuriating that one's hopes get smashed to pieces after all the build up from the last "go live" attempt. From my point of view, there is nothing I can do about this but 1) react/kneejerk to bad-planning or 2) wait. I'm going with the Wait option -- I'm trying not to let my blood pressure get the better of me. I'm at least sticking around the two free months, when ever those actually start 'ticking'.

swede
03-11-2011, 02:20 PM

Did you get any of your accounts to work yet?

Plague
03-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Cancel 2 accounts and play one so you can enjoy the game. Then log in when you have time (I assume you are homesteader) and take a walk and chose your post where you think it would be good. You don't have to rush as many have already chosen their spots in mad rush and stress. Take your time, get one near water and rock source and some trees and a pile of garbage. If you do that next to lake you will phail as everyone else. Try to explore outskirts. You have one whole day as nothing is on until who knows when. Then place your totem at where you think it's right and laugh at those who picked spots so close to each other.

Win.:)

Tandarie
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
The question is.. did DIRT plant his roots?? Did you finally get your spot ? :)

Dirt
03-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Woot! Got my spot ! Now i be very, very quiet.