PDA

View Full Version : totem time change

blake378
03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
i don't think its fair that totem placement time is being changed those of us that have already gotten our totems placed should be able to keep the spots we have. i changed plans so i would be able to place the totem at the time posted. let the totems stay in the spot they are in and now if the tribe leader isnt able to be there we cant even log on change leader if we cant make it so that someone else can place which is ridiculous. please save totem spots.

treyu
03-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Yes, I also managed to place my homestead where I wanted it to be, and to be able to do that, I changed my real life schedule to be at home at that time. Now with the new totem placement time change, I won't be able to be there till tomorrow, which really sucks.

I know that if things need a fix, we must accept whatever decision is made, but it is a bit sad, I was very excited today but this just sadden me a bit. I will have to find a new place, probably very hard because I will be able to log again on sunday and there won't be lot of good places anymore. I wish you all good luck!

baka77
03-11-2011, 12:42 PM
He can't keep the totem placements.

Well...he could keep them, but then we'd all be stuck with the homestead size land forever.

You see, because the land sizes are messed up, it allowed tribes/clans/bands to be made too close to one another than would normally have been allowed if the land sizes were correct. He can't fix the land size problem without wiping out all existing totems, or there is the potential for land overlapping that would piss people off or break the server code. LOL

It sucks for those who managed to grab a sweet spot, but it's the right (and only) thing to do to fix the game going forward.

Dirt
03-11-2011, 12:47 PM
I for one, say thankyou. Thankyou very much.

Armand
03-11-2011, 12:49 PM
This is one sick joke.

Impress the fuck out of me Jooky in the next 2 months. I hope you do.

Mystais
03-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Screwed out of a legitimately placed totem twice (18th and today)... nice.

outfctrl
03-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry, I had to post this from another thread. I think it fits this situation. Cracks me up

http://www.youtube.com/v/LWM5IKWfok0&hl

Vicid
03-11-2011, 12:52 PM
The fact that only the GL can invite people/place totems and you need 20 members to get the land you need and you can NEVER upgrade from clan to tribe... and now this stuff. Xsyon's devs are some serious trolls.

As a guildie of mine said 'this game teases me more than most women.'

xenoclix
Looks like ill be staying up even longer all night....1am was the initial placement...i got the place i wanted..just - didnt want a hermit to get my spot. Now im dead tired, and gotta wait again and race to get it. Gah, more coffee for me i see :).

blake378
yea i changed rl plans for tonight and now i wont be able to place the totem and i will lose my spot because i have to do tonight what i was suppose to do today after getting the spot i wanted at the time planned i'm not the slightest bit impressed.

Sorakin
03-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Guild leaders shouldn't have lives, obviously their fault.

ColonelTEE3
03-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Sorry, I had to post this from another thread. I think it fits this situation. Cracks me up

http://www.youtube.com/v/LWM5IKWfok0&hl

I rofld heartily. This is a nice comparison of what has transpired.

Zarin
03-11-2011, 01:01 PM
It is an inconvenience, but I doubt they intended for this event to only accommodate those that we're able to get in and get their totem placed. They've handled it well, better to delay it then leave a large part of the community out of placing their totems.

Xidian
03-11-2011, 01:04 PM
All I did was set an alarm on my phone to get up at 11am EST (which my phone died in the middle of the night. Luckily I woke up at 10am on my own.). I'm available all day today so I'm happy, Spring Break FTW.

BigCountry
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM
this is suicidal....he actually thinks a 6PM EST time will work....take the load, whatever it was this morning, and now double it! lol

*gets popcorn*

How much RL time will this guy end up wasting of his community....fail.

STRIKE 3 AND YOUR OUT JORDI!
:(

chase78
03-11-2011, 01:16 PM
all your base are belong to us...ahem...totems...hee hee

billpaustin
03-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Guess I'll chime in. It is really hard to believe that the radii was set incorrectly. After the mess of Feb 18, and all the subsequent wipes and crashes, we STILL cannot place totems?! Because they are STILL broken!?

I guess we can always pray, but so far, experience teaches that the next re-start will also fail. It seems obvious that NO testing was done before this start today, or else it would have been obvious that the totems were set up incorrectly. As a programmer myself, I don't really understand.

Jadzia
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
This just won't work. There will be a huge uproar and a scandal when people who are out now minding their own business get home and realize that the totem they dropped disappeared and that there were another totem placement while they were away. The uproar will be so huge that we will have to repeat the totem placement for the 4th time...omg.

alyvia
03-11-2011, 01:25 PM
This is sad. Third time is a charm, or is it, Three strikes your out!?

Good luck again to those who for the third time now will be trying to place their totems.

Wari
03-11-2011, 01:25 PM
This just won't work. There will be a huge uproar and a scandal when people who are out now minding their own business get home and realize that the totem they dropped disappeared and that there were another totem placement while they were away. The uproar will be so huge that we will have to repeat the totem placement for the 4th time...omg.

I fear you are right Jadzia.

xenoclix
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM

I bloody hope not another totem placement after this.

My days off from work are coming to an end in a day. I wont be able to stay up all night have the chance to place the totem.

bruisie159
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM

Even jadzia,s posts getting a hint of negativity the tide is turning! I think this will be the last chance for xsyon. For me at least it is, in feb I was up all night getting a totem placed only to have it taken away and today an afternoon off work to do it again only to have it taken away again. I don't doubt that the devs have to roll back but the point us these mistakes should not continue to be made. Most of the optimism now seems ti be coming from the march and feb subs who are yet to get burnt out.

Burnt
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Even jadzia,s posts getting a hint of negativity the tide is turning! I think this will be the last chance for xsyon. For me at least it is, in feb I was up all night getting a totem placed only to have it taken away and today an afternoon off work to do it again only to have it taken away again. I don't doubt thatch devs have to roll back but the point us these mistakes should not continue to be made. Most of the optimism now seems ti be coming from the march and feb subs who are yet to get burnt out.

Yup, that's me. I remain firm in my optimism even if my user name says otherwise...

baka77
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
At this point, somebody is going to feel they got screwed no matter when Jordi does the totem reset. I think we should just bear down & get it over with. Time will heal most wounds. Just my opinion.

Zarin
03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
At this point, somebody is going to feel they got screwed no matter when Jordi does the totem reset. I think we should just bear down & get it over with. Time will heal most wounds. Just my opinion.

True, there will be land in the world for people - and hopefully more when the mist is lifted.